Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fleet Makers

6a99737368367f12d6620e6d6634bcb5.jpg

Time: 1029

Both War Admiral and his Executive Officer Captain [member="Maizono"] were in the waiting room of the Rendili Stardrive. He had contacted the CEO about making a contract with the Legion. The Legion had nothing more then a small planet defense force, yet they needed more ships if they were to be stronger force in the Core Worlds. He had made an agreement with [member="Camellia Swift"] that he would pay in full for the ships to be built for his Phoenix Fleet and Rendili would not meet the Legions Iron Grip. In stead they would work together and Jagger would try and turn the CEO to join the Legion, no matter how futile this quest was.

He made an attempt to speak with his XO, yet as always she was glued to her data pad. She was always looking for new ways to improve the Legion as a whole and he liked that. Conversationalist she was not however, and when Jagger gave her permission to lead this negotiation, she became obsessed with it and wouldn't leave the office until just before they left Gyndine. He would try and talk to her anyways. "So how is the designs looking for the starships your gana offer to the CEO?"

Maizono, as already mentioned, had her eyes stuck to her datapad. Her new position as XO meant she had more than a hundred times as much work to do than before. She had meetings with many other contractors and other business associates and whatnot on her mind. If this Legion is too grow, she needed to get a lot of work done. But first she need to propose her designs to Rendili Drives CEO, and this was so far one of the only things she was looking forward too.

"Well they're not solid yet, just preliminary. Once the CEO shows me what she's capable of producing, we'll work on some more refined designs, but for now the new weapons will need to pass the trial phases in order for me to finish the ships. Without the weapons we attend to mount, I can't accurately design the ships yet. Right now it's all theory on how the ships will operate"

[member="Jagger Fuga"] [member="Maizono"]

Well, Camellia had to be honest, she had let herself feel far too complacent after the Sith had left her homeworld. With the ArchProvost now properly reinstated, casual business returning, and people now living outside the sphere of influence of a galactic power, the Rendili woman had forgotten that eventually someone would come around to disturb the peace and quiet. Still, they had at the very least opened up with negotiations. . .in a way. It was better than the last time a faction had come knocking though. Not to mention they actually wanted to do business with the shipyards, rather than keep them closed and put a wrench in the economy as the Sith had done for the majority of their occupation. Still, she was tentative with her visitors and would hold her impressions until she was able to meet with them more.

Leaving her own good impression with them would likely go a ways to keeping things from going south as well, so she tried not to keep them too long. Her aide would call them once her conference call with her R&D Department Head ended, and let them into her simple office. "Good Afternoon, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances, I'm Camellia Swift. What might Rendili Stardrive be able to do for you today?"

[member="Maizono"]

Admiral Jagger stood in a crisp fashion, [member="Camellia Swift"] was a military officer before becoming a multi-billionaire CEO of a Starship company. She deserved the respect of a Ex-Repubmic Officer, even though he had never served with her before. In her files it also stated that she was a One Sith Military Offcer and Supplier, but there was no reason to hold that against her. Rendili was her home and she not leaving it during occupation was a strong and bold move. It could have easily turned into an execution, yet she escaped that fate with being an exile to buisnesswomen, and a little luck.

Jagger moved into the office with the Captain following closely. He had a clean smile and warming face as he walked in and stood before the CEO. Though his eye patch and scares on his face seemed rather scary, he still had a charming friendly appearance to him. This was his exceptional ability to get along with people and ease certain situations into a less hazardous conversation. "Well as our message had said, we are the senior leadership of the Legion of Ashes," He took a seat infront of the desk, "I'll spare you the speech, anyways we are in need of a Shipyard to build our navy, as such we decided to come to the one place that had the capability and heritage to build a reliable and strong ships, thus we came to you, Rendili Stardrives."

The man then realized flattery probably wouldn't work on this young women, experienced with making contracts with very powerful nations. Jagger was probably a footstep in her notes of important people. So he just added, "Also we will pay in full for the Ships we request as well as the Development of our Experimental Technology."

"And we also have a second request, which I'm hoping won't be too much of a hassle. The experimental technology we speak of must be kept secret. We are willing to pay extra in order for this to happen. The ships I've drafted up look rather unconventional, as they've been designed to accommodate this new technology. We may only receive certain units of the technology until construction has actually begun. But like I mentioned before, we are willing to pay extra for all the hassle that comes with it"

Maizono was prepared to show blueprints of the various bits of tech they were planning to test on the ships, all she need to do was agree. it was already a nightmare to get their hands on these new pieces of equipment, even more so testing it. Some of the tech were in their final phases and needed only to be mounted and tested on actual starships.

Camellia drummed her fingers for a brief moment as her guests made their opening statements about the business they desired to conduct with her. The Legions of Ash sounded like a certainly militaristic endeavor, so the revelation they were looking to buy ships wasn't much of a surprise. They were being respectful about it as well, though perhaps that was more a result of their position of being a new organization. Regardless, the Rendili woman was put at ease that they were actually discussing the proposal of a contract for the ships and not just trying to throw their weight around. "Rendili is more than happy to do business with various parties. If the Legions of Ash wish to utilize Stardrive's shipyards to construct warships that is perfectly alright if the credits are in order. As for keeping designs secret, we do have a level of professionalism to uphold ourselves to miss. We have the finest security in the inner rim. Rendili's elite planetary security squads are equipped with phrik armor and those who aren't still have access to pinpoint carbines. Anything safekept here will neither be sold to rival shipwrights, nor would it be easy to confiscate from our databanks."

Although when it came to producing custom designs the Rendili woman couldn't help but feel a little deflated. It was often the most energetic aspect to have designers create an image for someone in the form of their ship shapes across the spectrum. "We can take a look at the designs and get technicians and engineers working on your concepts if they're possible. What do you have prepared?"

"I have the designs right here"

Maizono handed a data chip to Camellia.

"There are quite a number of variants to each design. A full overview of the resources and materials required are already on there. Instructions for how the experimental tech are mounted on also there, but we'll be having our own technicians install those. Some of the equipment is rather fragile you see. The hyperdrives are already bought from a certain company, and so are the weapons we intend to mount. Once construction has begun, they'll arrive at some point in time to do their bit.

The hulls of the ships are going to be made from a special type of alloy, also designed by another contractor. They'll be delivering the materials, but I don't think the outer casing will be difficult to install, so your workers should be able to sort that out.

I think that's about it"

[member="Camellia Swift"]

[member="Maizono"]

What a very unfun sort of proposition in the end. Looking over what little she had available to actually glance at, the Rendili woman was happy for the additional business to be sure. However, it left much to be desired when in the end all her yards would be just the place things were slapped together. The hull plates were to be prepared and shaped elsewhere, the legions techs were going to handle weapon installation, actually it seemed like they just needed the space that the berths provided for the mass production capacity. "So in reality you just need the space and equipment to put everything together, no designers, manufacturing, or theory testing from us. I confess its a simple request and I certainly won't refuse the credits in that regard. However, I will not agree to your conditionsblindly. No shipwright would and be understanding about that. When we build ships, we do so with failsafes and equipment that is prepared to work around the needs of experimental units and foreign designs. Before I agree to the proposal to build your designs here you're going to have to be more honest about these experimental parts. If I just sent a dock team out to put things together, and the standard procedure results in them coming into contact with the devices your people put together, and something goes wrong because I had them working under the idea of the ship being standard, well you can understand why a shipwright wouldn't typically just agree to being in the dark what they're constructing. Having a berth go up in smoke with a section of the yards or station would be bad for all involved. I'm not asking for its trade secrets, but I will request you turn over information on its properties and how your teams will handle installation so I can pass it onto the crews who'd be assigned to this."

Perhaps she had oversaid it, but she hoped they understood. She wasn't turning them down, nor she was asking for them to turn over all information on their little experimental projects. Camellia just wanted to be able to give her teams proper instructions that would incur the least risk. Perhaps she was too wordy merely because she a tad agitated she supposed. Business was business, but she really preferred to put the company name on its own works, rather than just be a producer. Still, it wasn't like she was being resentful. If she was she'd have just refused.

"I have no intention of withholding any information from. Every detail of every piece of experimental technology are in blueprints that I've given you. I just don't want these plans and blueprints in the hands of anyone other than you and your workers. Though I guess I've been wording this wrong. It's not so much 'experimental', in fact most of the equipment and weaponry have already passed their trials and simulations, whilst a select few are in their final testing phases, which is to say, field testing. And you need not worry about safety, like I've said, every piece of equipment has passed their trials and are the safe to mount"

[member="Camellia Swift"]

[member="Maizono"]

Camellia flipped through the documents she had been handed so that she could gloss over the details of the weapons. "While I appreciate your honesty and forwardness, you mistake my intent. Its not the testing I was concerned about, but rather their fragility and volatility. I am thankful you're sharing the details though, I apologize if my over precedence for caution came off as mistrust. Short of another invasion though, your secrets are safe with Stardrive. We are known to try and ensure brand loyalty to our customers under contract. Rendili's now neutral state has been better for business than the last few years. Whenever your shipments of the shaped hull plates and constructed weapon emplacements are here my crews will get them put together. The size of the ships is no problem. We could handle a dreadnought class vessel here, something of this level will be no issue. Is there any other immediate business you wished to conduct before we get to calculating the staff and docks we'll need to set aside for your contracts?"

[member="Camellia Swift"] [member="Maizono"]

Jagger leaned forward, "Actually yes, I am in need of starships at the moment, as such I am interested in purchasing a fleet from your company," The Admiral was without a fleet and so he didn't really deserved this rank. "I would like to possible take over the half the Republics Contacts, meaning having access to their Frigates, Corvettes, and Cruisers, as well as their Star-Fighters, I know that their is a fleet of ships that are still purchasable by your company, we will pay in full for their worth as well as a lasting contract for any new Starships you create for us."

He held out his hand and in it was a Data-Pad with info about the money willing to be transferred to the CEO and her company. It was enough for the CEO to build new Ship Designs or anything she could possible need. He had liquidated nearly everything the Legion had to secure this contract. "Is that agreeable to you Miss Swift?"

The republic contracts were not something Camellia dealt with lightly. She had strove quite dutifully to ensure the Republic was well equipped during their war with the Sith. However, now the Sith and Republic had all but disappeared from the map and instead were shadows of themselves. Part of her still longed for the old times, she would never turn the Republic she remembered away. However, she would not withhold resources from those who needed and paid for them. Especially if such an opportunity would give her the chance to design brand new warships for the galaxy to recognize. "The sum is far more than you require for the contracts, However, if you so desire I could allocate some of your funds here to granting your people a period of time to organize a mining operation for phrik. We greatly defend the resource here, we'll sell it with proper licenses. However, only in small quantities, it is finite after all. It takes far too long to develop naturally. Still, with the funds here, besides the ship contracts to be expanded for your organization, I could see to it you are allowed to operate a mining operation to equip a commando unit with phrik. If not then I can subtract what is extra from your transfer for you."

It may seem unwise to turn down extra free credits, but securing customer loyalty was something to be considered as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom