Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashpoint: Roche

Status
Not open for further replies.
@[member="Ashara Zavros"] @Alliera Nakamura@Rach Kol-Rekali @Verz Horak @Dred Varad
NORTH SIDE OF NICKLE ONE
Kad sped along on his MandoCycle with his vode to their destination. He was confident in there abilities and even more so in his. He knew that he would not fail them on this mission. The large cat stayed back in there formation to protect the rear. He had been in ambushes with poor rear protection before, and it can all go to haran fast. He knew the hardest part of this mission would be the long ride. Kad hated waiting for anything, and objectives were no different.

Nickle One - Generator Defenses
@[member="Jesta"]

A group. Speed bikes. Fast speed bikes. 'Moooorrreeee speed for my Guns!' Foxy face new how to treat Racket. He wouldn't be around the guy if he didn't. The ember from his cig glowed red hot due to how fast Racket was pushing the bike. Throttle. Throttttlllee!!! He began to pull away but Jesta gave him a look of 'Quit Mother Lucking around.'
"HAhHAhaahahAhhaaaa!" Racket schreached out. Slow was boring. He liked fast. Working together was the mission. He pulled back into position.

He heard new orders and the twisted smile returned to his face making him look like the nightmare version of his cute fluffy self. "So they are asking for more RAcket Justice? Come'n RiGHT Up!!!!! HAHAhAHAhaA." The bike was turned around, throttle down, Racket's hind legs stood on the seat. It was a matter of minutes before they were back.

Some guy in his seat? Pointing to the who didn't really notice him. "Tuuurrets mine! Move move move." RAcket schreached while putting his back on the guys hip and shoved hard pushing the guy onto the floor. Trigger looked like a trigger. Oh yeah. Racket cold do work. He started practicing without firing making the sound and jumping around in the seat. "BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM. yOu're dead kid. MUrdeRed YoU!!!!!!" HAhahahaahAha!!!!" Fingers itched uncontrollably.

Jesta, who was sitting in the other turret, shot him the look again. "HAhahahahAh! Onnn YoUr ORDeer Cappp! HAhAHahaHAAaa!!!!"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
GENERATOR ASTEROID
SPACE
STAR DESTROYER REVILER

@[member="Thessa Kai"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

The two pilots would rather quickly encounter awareness, incredulity and opposition from the Reviler's flight crew, who were currently engaged in prepping ten s90 MAATs.

@[member="Seth Shorn"] @[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]

The entire Star Destroyer shook. Assorted status reports streamed in.

"...enemy small craft cloud projecting close to fifty percent losses..."

"...major casualties among our starfighters..."

"...two minutes remaining in weapons overdrive..."

"...Iron Duke reading critical-"

The Dark Lord winced, covering his eyes, as the Star Defender exploded between Shorn's vessels. From this perspective, small craft and Republic capital ships choked out much of his line of sight, and a constant rain of debris pinged off the viewports through shield gaps.

"...shields at zero, repeat, zero percent..."

"...our fleet reporting shields at thirty percent..."

"...Lady Demont with three Pellaeons..."

"...two X-Wings breached the hangar..."

Velok's head whipped around, and a strong of counterorders died on his lips. The Verpine, the all-important Verpine, was in the hangar bay, under heavy guard aboard one of the s90 MAATs.

"Captain, you have the conn. For the remaining time of the overdrive, concentrate all main gun and torpedo fire on the enemy's right flank, to further roll back the flank after that Star Defender's loss. Hold the line as long as you can even after the overdrive ends; we need to give @[member="Valik"] some time to evacuate the generator. I will give the launch order for the MAATs as soon as I arrive in the hangar. Convey the same orders to the remaining ships." He turned and stalked from the bridge. Turbolifts conveyed him to the hangar bay as the vessel trembled around him.

The turbolift doors opened onto a scene of s90 MAATs being prepared for launch, one crashed X-Wing, one landed X-Wing, and whatever else had happened in the time between now and the arrival of @[member="Judah Dashiell"] and @[member="Thessa Kai"]. Perhaps the universe would have a sense of dramatic timing that would place him face to face with the two pilots as the turbolift doors opened. Its sense of dramatic timing most certainly contributed, as the overdrive ended right when those doors opened.

Instantly, the weapons and shield systems of the Reviler were reduced to fifty percent power, and many other systems as well. And, of course, the shields were already at zero. Lights flickered everywhere. To any, say, Republic pilots heading for turbolifts, Velok's arrival would herald a sudden shift to darkness, flickering electronics, all manner of oddities.

Seven and a half feet of Whiphid blinked at the hangar deck.

Nickle One - Munitions

@[member="Tyrin Ardik"]

In a split second he realized what the Sith had done but it was to late. The uncoiling of his torso was to rapid to try to pull back. The Sith's blade matched his with a hiss of light forcing his shoulders and arms to reverberate back. He knew the attack well that would follow. He himself had used it countless times. Though a counter attack wasn't impervious to counter attacks. The force within A'donari swelled just before the Sith's balled fist punched through his face. The force blast erupted from his body in a spherical form. Within the blast A'donari's torso whipped backwards causing him to stumble and feel the effects of letting down your guard.
After three steps A'donari's legs caught up to the effects of the punch bracing his weight. He turned to the masked man with his humming sky blue blade before him glowing on his face. In a split second all emotion ceased to remain as he sunk into his subconscious where his mind met the force within washing away the fear, anger, and disgust he had for the person standing before him. The Jedi Guardian that he was deep within took control once again. A'donari crouched in the beginning stance before the Sith with a clear mind and heart.

The Vault-Hangar Bay

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

When one becomes a Master of combat, it's not just recognition for all the years of training. All the pain, and self-torture, and discipline that it took along the way to get to that point. No, it was successfully utilizing all the skills one learned and taught themselves on the field of battle. Anyone could be great in practice, it only mattered when the going was tough, and the odds were against you. Ingenuity, and greatness of spirit, and the will to succeed were often the determining factors in actual combat. Fate, chance, and the will of the Force had conspired to bind all those qualities up and put them in the two pillars of the Force in that hangar bay. It was how they had both ascended to their positions, and why they were still standing there about to square off once more despite their personal feelings on the manner. Every skill each had acquired matched perfectly with each others, and both had the spirit to accomplish great things. Why they couldn't just shake hands and walk away anyone would wonder?

Duty.

As the plates around him relaxed, Darron gently set them down. The plating at his feet uncurled with a gentle flicker of his will, and he calmly walked away from the bent durasteel a few paces towards Ashin. His field of responsibility finally was starting to reform from the earlier overload. Each step took a little more effort than normal as his muscles felt stiff. A product of him absorbing the massive amount of energy that should have left him a shattered, soulless, and fried corpse. Lactic acid flooded the lightning scorched, sinuous tissue holding him together. Just the simple act of breathing was causing him great pain, and he was sure a few of his ribs were cracked from the hard landing he had taken. The burn on his shoulder was simply an afterthought, and he didn't even acknowledge at as he focused on re-centering himself for the inevitable. No matter what he said, or thought of her.

It wouldn't matter, they were duty bound.

"You know I'm bound to the people I serve as well. The code is what I follow, and I can't allow the Sith to gain an advantage to be used against the Republic. Were this another life time we might have stood side by side. Not now...not ever it seems."

She was telegraphing her next move too easily, and Darron Wraith dissapeared. Not physically, but the man who had been trying to save her was gone. In his heart of hearts he didn't want this, but duty was always first. The code couldn't be abandoned at any time, and he hadn't become a Master of combat only to be electrocuted to death by a peer during a battle. Experience had been the best teacher for them both, and years of training were only backing up what battle had forced them to learn. So without hesitation he forced his body to run towards her, and he forced himself to center in the Force. To form that superconducting loop between the two so quickly, it felt like it had never left. Though the intense headache he was feeling from the effort indicated Vaapad wasn't working to full efficiency. He ignored it though as the pair of electrum hilts flew to his hands and ignited with a snap-hiss, their blue blades springing to life as he crossed them in front of his chest to block the judgement.

The loop had been reformed, although the connection was blurry.

Darron had never been naive enough to think he'd make it out of this fight in one piece, or the same that he had been entering it. So there was no disappointment, only supreme effort as he pushed himself forward. Deftly force the lightning to converge on one of his blades, he continued his forward march. The will to win the only thought in his head, he pushed through the penumbra of the darkside and brought his left blade over his shoulder and down and across Ashin's torso in a bid to cleave her torso in half. His blade in his right hand meanwhile, blocked the electric judgment while trying to make the loop close in on itself. If it worked it would cause a powerful explosion, but he wasn't counting on it. Years of training, and years of battle had taught him better.

That's why he was using his telekinesis to pull the crumpled starfighter she had previously thrown at him to be thrown at her, it's path of flight barely under his control.

Rekali the Hutt

R
Nickel One Ion Cannon Control Center
@[member="Jesta"] | @[member="Ben Watts"] | @[member="Racket"] | @[member="Damon Kurosaki"] | @[member="Mia Monroe"] | @[member="Ashara Zavros"] | @[member="Rach Kol-Rekali"] |@[member="Dred Varad"] | @[member="Verz Horak"] | @[member="Alliera Nakamura"] | @[member="Kad Kando"] | @[member="Ermac Laith"] | @[member="Kaine Zambrano"] | @[member="Falon Azrakel"]

Ardak's point lasers engaged the Sith Forces, while the 20 XWings starfighters and 10 Starfire interceptors engaged the Sith's starfighters and bombers.
"Don't get in the range of the lasers, and don't engage them directly. Flank them from the sides as they evade the point-lasers." Ardak ordered to his men. Shortly afterwards however, a Mandalorian ship arrived near the asteroid, and began coming into Nickel One. He knew if he were the Mandalorians he would try to gather data on both sides, figure out who was more likely to win. They were smack-dab in the middle of Sith and Republic Territory. They couldn't afford to pick the wrong side, but Ardak couldn't afford their mistakes either. So, he rigged the comlink of the station to an encrypted frequency, a frequency that the Mandalorians and Republic had used in the past for negotiations. The frequency would have been sent to the ships in orbit, as well any Mandalorians within around 500 kilometers of the station.

"This is Senator Ardak of the Republic. The Asteroid Nickel One is under the protection of the Republic now. If you do not cease and desist your actions affecting the asteroid of Nickel One, both inside and outside the Asteroid, it will be considered an Act of War against the Republic." Senator Ardak stated firmly and without any sign of doubt. They would recognize the tone of an experienced soldier who made promises, and not threats. As a warning he turned the Planetary Ion Cannon to face the Mandalorian fleet, the point lasers, starfighters, and Frigate still engaging the Sith fighters around them.

NICKEL ONE - MUNITIONS FACILITY
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Rosa Mazhar | @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]A'donari Cinn |@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Akura Yavis | @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Mikhail Shorn

The gears in Tyrin's head were turning. Faster than usual. It seemed he had found something that worked. From there, he began to formulate another plan He took a similar number of steps back, staggered by the results of the sudden force push. There was space between them now, a lull in the combat. Tyrin suddenly appeared to relax his stance, breathing heavily and seemingly tired.

"Wow, ah, pretty good..." Tyrin paused to take a deeper breath, seemingly struggling to catch it. "...Y'know, for a kid. Quick on your feet... I can, ah, respect that."

Tyrin's free hand moved to touch his wound, rubbing two of his fingers across the cauterized area. He visibly recoiled from the pain, giving a startled gasp as well. His voice sounded labored and pained. He had to pause every so often to continue catching his breath.

"Oh, by Ragnos, that stings. So, you know what... We should do... Is call it a draw. Stalemate, tie, y'know." Tyrin appeared to manage a sputtering laugh between his heavy panting. "So, y'know, you should just, ah, leave. And... Do something else. Jedi things. Help a pet out of a tree or something. I'll just be here, ah, guarding the facility."

Tyrin raised his blade towards A'donari with a single hand. His grasp on the weapon appeared weak. "Unless you really want me to beat you up. Probably eject your broken, mangled corpse into space. Hell, I might not even... Leave anything to bury. In which case I... Have to oblige. Sith duty and... Whatnot. I won't go easy on you any more either. No... Won't be letting you land any more hits on me now."

Falon Azrakel

F
G99-FRONTAL BAY INTERIOR

@[member="Ayden Cater"]
@[member="Malica Drezyan"]
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
@[member="Delila Castillon"]

"Stupid fething..." Falon hissed as the 73rd ran. That was a poor tactical move if he'd ever seen one. Nonetheless, they were running straight at the enemy. It was likely that they were joining the enemy. That left him with two corridors to send his men down. Nice and simple. The operation was turning into a mess. He really couldn't deal with any more complications. "Men. Shoot them through the holes in the back wall. Drive 'em out." A hail of shots flew towards the 73rd, multiple shots flying back to kill one or two men.

"We've got around nine-thousand five-hundred men left. Two-thousand five-hundred of you are chasing the enemy. One-thousand two-hundred and fifty of you are raiding the industrial zone. That leaves around five-thousand seven-hundred and fifty. I want two-thousand five-hundred of you running through that industrial zone to corner them while they evacuate. They cannot beat us. We are legion." Charging right at them was a fairly last-ditch attempt at bringing them down or having them run at the very least. In a way, he was happy that the 73rd had run. It boiled down his objective. Now all he had to do was kill the enemies as they ran like schoolgirls.

Then the comms activated.

"To the man in charge of the Sith forces presently assaulting the facility on G99. Your assault on the asteroid has been admirable. However, you should now know that I have every gun on my ship aimed at your dropzone. I will open fire the moment a single one of your dropships attempts to take off. Cease all aggressive actions against the Republic forces and lay down your weapons. Do this, and your lives will be spare. Fail to do so and I promise you not a soul among you or your men will step foot off that asteroid." [/quote]

Falon sighed heavily in despair. This was all going wrong. Raising the comms unit to his helmeted mouth, he let out a great breath of exasperation. "I..." Staring upon his men, upon the fighters that were willing to give up their lives for him. Warriors running to near-certain death on every order. Could he do it? "I... -I decline."

"We're going to leave this rock doused in the warm blood of our enemies. Not sealed in cold iron chains, our every right and liberty torn from our bodies."

Throwing down the comm unit, he turned back to the support. "Change of plan. I want all of the vehicles navigated down into the asteroid through the industrial tunnels designed to carry cargo. That way aerial attacks will be ineffective. First, support troops, navigate yourselves to the back of the room. Then, AT-SATs- blow that wall up. We're going to charge through this mother." The hulking behemoth stamped forwards, its guns firing all manner of explosives as it crashed into the wall, the durasteel moaning as it caved inwards, exposing the industrial zone.

"Support, get in the dropships and keep them on hover. Follow the AT-SATs. H-MATs, follow the dropships." Falon floated past the advancing ranks on his power chair, ensuring he was at the forefront of the maneuver and allowing him to combat any issues quickly. "General, there's one of the cargo tunnels. It's big enough for the dropships and H-MATs, but I'm not sure we'll be able to fit the AT-SATs through." Falon gritted his teeth. How was he going to get the walkers through?

"Lower the walkers so their legs are lying horizontally. Then we'll get the dropships to haul them through using tow-cables." Falon had no doubt that the Starfall was bombarding the planetary shield as he spoke. He needed to get the walkers through as quickly as possible, and this new maneuver wasn't speeding things up. "Hurry up! The Reps'll be breaking down our door soon." The dropships were going as fast as they could.

But was that fast enough?

zKYJHVr.png

Atrum Voidlighter

Jedi Purist, Sith Clone
The Vault
@[member="Zaiden"]

Unfortunately for his opponent, phrik did not have the same effect on lightsabers as his cortosis bracers did. It was lightsaber-proof, yes, but only pure cortosis was able to 'break' the blades. He was able to keep up with his opponent and watch his attacks using the Force still. However the attacks from the rear were a problem, and he felt every thud against his back armor and shoulders, blood trickling down from fresh wounds in his upper back and shoulders as he kept himself going against the more tangible opponent.

He would have to remove the cause of this problem. Turning his focus on the floating saber, he channeled the Force into it rapidly and chaotically until it exploded, hopefully severing his opponent from these irritating shadows and giving him a more focused plan of attack. It was an ability a Sith apprentice had used on him in desperation once, and now seemed like a good a time as any to use it in return.

G99 ENGINEERING HANGAR

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="RC 212"], @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Delila Castillon, @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Falon Azrakel, @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Sev3nhttp://starwarsrp.net/user/10-delila-castillon/
@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Ayden Cater, @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Siobhan Kerrigan, @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Phylis Alince, @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]MSE-007

The Republic was planning to destroy the labs and additional storage areas in the basement of the hangar with explosives. They had sent a mass down, lacing the perimeter with detonators and what explosive material they had recycled from the starfighters. Mines were set in the center of the storage areas and labs below the hangar. Strategically placed, the bombs would simultaneously destroy the majority of the engineering hangar floor from bottom up. The area was extremely sensitive and the Republic troops intended to spark the explosives when all troops and personel were evacuated, before the Sith breached the defenses of the engineering bay.

One too many blaster shots in the basement labs would destroy the hangar within about two minutes. The detenators would trigger the mines, the mines would explode within rage of each other and obliterate the hangar. Recent reports from two Republic squads stated that they had lost a handful of men while finishing the circuit and that they had been lucky enough to not fire the trail of munition prematurely. The rate of the Sith attack had not afforded them time to professionally arrange explosives. The Republic troops were anxious to leave the hangars, especially now that the basement below it had transformed into a deathtrap of bombs and highly flammable starfighter timber.

Malica received Siobhan's transmission. "Copy that, Colonel. The Verpine have exited via the escape pods. We've got some engineers left in here, but most are soldiers. We will begin evacuating troops as soon as the hangar and the remaining fighters are secure. Once out of range of G99, the Republic will set off detonators that will destroy the hangar." Malica didn't know if Siobhan had heard the transmissons over the Republic channel and wanted to clue her in.

As it stood, there were no real starfighters to be seen, more like a large mass of miscellaneous metal. Durasteel plating, engines, windshields; common grade material was all that was left behind for the Sith to sort through, if it even survived the explosion. The strenuous task of ridding the bay of hundreds of nearly assembled starfighters was completed in record time, thanks to the agile Verpine engineers. Several models had been shipped at the start of evacuation, allowing the Republic to start production again on the date of their choosing. The loss in time and credits, however, must have been staggering, Malica thought. The project would have to be resumed from scratch, all the materials reshipped and reassembled. She wondered if the Republic even had the funds to continue the project or if, after the battle on Roche, they would still be interested.

Several obstacles had delayed the process of destroying the engineering hangar, namely a Verpine and Republic technician who had refused to evacuate until the Republic troops listened to their plight. Malica came upon them at main entrance of the hangar. The Republic commanders dealing with the Verpine and technician had lost any courtesy of diplomatic patience. Malica swore she heard one of them mutter “useless buggie” under his breath as the Verpine engineer consulted his Republic ally, who in turn, attempted to convince the commanders to let them pass through the blastdoor.

We've got to reach the offices!” The Republic technician roared. The man was older, visibly startled by the commotion, but not unstable. He was as patient with the officers as they were with him.“Osos says there is a database that will devastate us if the Sith get to it. It has records of our correspondence with the Verpine, sensitive contraband, and blueprint drafts of the starfighters. We may have done all of this in vain! You've got to let us pass.

We can't risk your lives for a single database, Vorik.” A Republic commander argued. Vorik, the Republic engineer, must have arrived with this commander's squad, as the commander looked more understanding than mad at his friend. “Even if you get out of the facility alive, the offices are past the asteroid cities. You wouldn't stand a chance. " Replied another, less sympathetic commander. "We sure as hell aren't opening those doors. There are no records that this database even exists.” He was ready to throw both technicians over each of his shoulder to the remaining escape pods.

I am one of the administrators here, I constructed many of the matrices within the database. I assure you this is a matter that cannot be ignored.” Added Osos, the Verpine engineer. “That database has to be destroyed or the Republic will suffer.

Malica glanced at her troops. While they had been helpful with the activities in the engineering bay, their talents had not been fully utilized. A playful smile crossed her lips and two of her comrades caught on to it, sensing that an operation suitable for Omega Pyre had just become available and she was about to accept it.

NORTH NICKEL ONE
@[member="Alliera Nakamura"] @[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Dred Varad"] @[member="Kad Kando"] @[member="Jorn Mair"] @[member="Rach Kol-Rekali"] @other Mandos

His first deployment as a Field Marshall. A battle for giant rocks that held some of the best weaponsmiths in the galaxy. A tunnel, whizzing by with him on his speeder. This is where Roche started for Verz. The command center was the objective. 300km of tunnel and they would probably be knee deep in resistance,either from Verpine or Sith and Republic forces duking it out at Roche. He doubted the Verpine would be much trouble, as many of them were poor soldiers or pacifists.

Verz's HUD tracked his position relative to his objective, his teammates and the tunnel network. These Verpine were like giant ants with their tunnel building skills. He had his Verpine shatter pistol- the irony was not lost on him - strapped to his thigh in a holster, and his blaster rifle strapped across his back. Several grenades adorned his midsection, held by magnetic clamps. His shoulder burned slightly, as if it rembered the wound from Borosk. He ignored it, his mind in its battle mode.

Falon Azrakel

F
G99-ENGINEERING BAY

"Breaching in one... two... three!" The stormtrooper roared, hopping backwards from the demolition charge he'd placed on the door. The Republic had set up impressive defenses- but they couldn't stop the Sith from blowing up walls. Bang.

One hundred men leapt into the fray, fear in their hearts and rage in their minds as they leapt through the hole that was once a solid wall, the remains of the demolition charge scattered across the durasteel floor and plumes of smoke rising towards the ceiling. General Azrakel was marching the main artillery inside the asteroid to take cover from the Starfall, and now all that the main infantry had to do was slaughter the remaining Republic and Omega Pyre forces. It was a fight wherein they could only run or die. The latter was preferable, but the former would do. Nonetheless, they opened fire, a hail of blaster bolts flying across the bay.

Two-thousand four-hundred men waited in the frontal bay due to the potential risk for traps. If the hundred needed backup, they'd get it. Twenty-four hundred of it. Guns blazed within the hangar, grenades whistling through the air. "Surrender is no longer an option." The head of the assault bellowed, memories of the 73rd's betrayal fresh in his mind. "We offered you a peaceful conclusion to this. You betrayed our trust. Now you shall pay for your sins." An E-WEB gunner marched through the hole, planting down the turret before unleashing a barrage of blaster fire. A sudden air of panic arose. "There's charges everywhere! They're going to blow the hangar!" A trooper screeched. The commander's eyes opened wide.

Surely they wouldn't blow it now... would they?

Nickle One - Munitions

@[member="Tyrin Ardik"]

A'donari was watching the man touch his chest but listened to none of what he had to say. Focusing on his Lightsaber, that still hummed before his face, as a point of concentration he delved deeper within himself. Taking the time that was given to him to sink deeper into the force. Every second the Sith spoke A'donari bathed in the light side. The force began to concentrate within his arm just as he rapidly crossed the ten feet, that had separated them, in two steps before slashing across the Sith's body.

Edited because this happened.
[At the last conceivable moment, as A'donari honed in for the winning strike, Tyrin's ruse fell. By then it was too late for his opponent to do anything but watch in abject horror as Tyrin side stepped quickly, avoiding the Force-charged blow entirely. Tyrin was no fool- blocking or attempting to deflect that would have just caused problems for him.]

@Seth Shorn @[member="Velok"] @Jonathan Walsh

"Sir, the Colossus' engines have been disabled. It's a sitting duck!"
"Tell Captain Carius to divert all power to shields and continue firing. Not one step back!"
Another aide. "Sir, we have reports the Reviler's containing the Sith Verpine. We analyse that its shield is down! Other Sith ships badly damaged."
"Their overdrive must have weakened their other systems. Concentrate all fire on the Reviler and the other ships. Now is our chance!" Kill or capture the Verpine? It was too late to capture...killing was the only way.

Those bombers and fighters which remained wearily turned and attacked , focusing on the central Sith Star Destroyers. With their shields weakened in the aftermath of the overdrive they must strike now, or else all the Republic ships would be lost.

"Dammit Walsh...where are you?" Stahlmann muttered.

Unfortunately the Republic did not know that @[member="Thessa Kai"] was close to the Reviler....

G99 Engineering Bay

@[member="Falon Azrakel"], @[member="Phylis Alince"], @[member="Malica Drezyan"], @[member="Delila Castillon"], @[member="Ayden Cater"]

By now the Omega mercenaries had crossed the distance through the access corridor to the engineering bay, joining the squad of Malica and the Verpine techs. Siobhan did not have time to congratulate Malica on how well she had been holding up, giving the rampage the Sith had been performing across the facility, or on how the bay had been wired with explosives, for the brief serenity of the occasion was broken when the Sith blasted their way through the doors.

The walls were blasted apart by a loud explosion and a hundred troopers moved in, Siobhan could make out hundreds more that were assembled in the front bay, ready to charge in. As was well-known Siobhan was an offensive-minded person, her solution to problems was to attack and to attack hard, but even she found repeated human wave assaults questionable.

Guns blazed, grenades whistled, at her command the Omega troopers sought cover and unleashed a volley of bolts, grenades being thunked out of their bolters, buckshot rounds for stormtroopers that came close.

"Thanks for cutting that option off. We don't surrender to pathetic Sith anyway!" Siobhan called out when the Imperial commander bellowed out that surrender was no longer an option. "And since we've got limited room on our ships, I'm afraid I can't accept your surrender either!"

Moving her lightsabre in a fast, aggressive flurry she reflected shots back that were directed towards her troops, lashed out with strong force pushes against concentrations of Imperial soldiers. As blaster bolts whizzed above and past her head she advanced, cutting down troopers.

"Give me some cover and move out of the way!" she called out as she focused her powers, focusing her gaze upon the roof above the Imperial soldiers. She dove deeply into the Force, deeper than since she had come to Roche, willing herself to focus and blot out the battle around her. As more troopers came racing in she held out the palm of her flesh hand and harnessed the power of the Force. The explosions performed by the Imperials had already weakened loosened up the ceiling, now all it needed was a strong tug from a Force Master. Slowly cracks started to appear in the ceiling above the troopers, bricks tumbled down, first a few, then there was a loud crunch as the entire ceiling began to cave in and crash down. Siobhan's use of the Force was that of a sledgehammer, the more esoteric and mystical abilities were beyond her, but she was a master of telekinesis. Her breathing became heavier but she soldiered on, unleashing the full force of her powers on the ceiling. There was no halting it now as it collapsed.

@[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Monty Jusik"]

Phylis was looking for an exit when she heard Siobhan. The wall had blown inwards, and the Sith were coming.

In that second she realised what Siobhan was doing. "No!" she shouted, too late. Siobhan would kill them all!

She looked around. A maintenance hatch. With true desperation she reached out with the Force and tore the door open. "MOVE!" she shouted.

The fifty or so Omega and Republic soldiers still on their feet ran...not all would make it. Some were cut down by fire, others....

The roof was collapsing! Desperately she reached out with the Force to hold up the ceiling to let their soldiers escape. Most were past her and then....

Pain

At first she didn't recognise what had happened, but then her leg gave way. Agony surged through her, and her control wavered. The ceiling buckled and started to fall inwards. Fighters, machines...people...were crushed.
Phylis looked down at her leg. Blood was on her thigh. She couldn't stand. She fell to one knee, and the ceiling was slowly starting to fall. She was going to die...she knew it.

Incidentally if Siobhan wanted to show up and prevent the martyrdom...now would be good!

G99 - Engineering Bay

@[member="Phylis Alince"], @[member="Delila Castillon"], @[member="Malica Drezyan"]

It was pure chaos as the ceiling collapsed around them. Republic and Omega troopers desperately tried to race out of the way, pulling through the maintenance hatch Phylis had found. Everything that was left in the hangar would be crushed, the allied forces took their share of casualties.

Phylis was barely holding on, just about keeping the rubble at bay. Soon she would be buried in the ruins. But then suddenly the Master was grabbed by a telekinetic pull and roughly hurled pulled backward, just seconds before the the rubble came crashing down what had until then been her location.

Siobhan was standing at the hatch, holding out her hand. Her face was blood-soaked and covered in sweat. As Phylis was hauled towards her she gripped Phylis by the shoulder, trying to stabilise her. Siobhan dropped down somewhat, the exertion had taken quite a bit out of her, but then she pulled herself up, breathing heavily.

She tried to stabilise Phylis and help her stand, looking apologetic and grateful at the Jedi. "That was close. Can you walk? We gotta get the hell out," she pulled Phylis towards the maintenance hatch.

Falon Azrakel

F
G99-ENGINEERING HANGAR
@[member="Phylis Alince"]
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
@[member="Delila Castillon"]

The stomtroopers screeched in fear as the roof began to cave, one or two troopers diving back into the crowds before the roof fell. The commanding officer stared up briefly in fear before having a moment of realisation. He was going to die- nothing could change that. But he could sure as hell make a difference. Sending a volley of blaster bolts towards the two women by the maintenance hatch, he let out a manic scream. "Enjoy the flames!" He spat before a huge chunk of the roof collapsed, the bricks crushing him.

A low blood-curdling scream trailed from below, blood leaking out across the rubble. The faint groans of eighty troopers bleeding out and suffocating could just be heard over the creaks of the engineering hangar. The two-thousand four-hundred men waiting behind the hangar backpedaled a fair few steps in fear.

Death seemed to be closing in. Oddly, images of Coruscant...another time and place...filled her mind. Was this a vision or her mind trying to adjust to a terrible situation?

Then suddenly she was pulled back, literally. Her back hit the ground and the thunder of the roof giving way filled the air with noise and dust. Coughing she staggered to one leg, leaning on Siobhan.
"I will live," she said with a trace of bitterness.

It could not be doubted though that the Sith could no longer pursue. They could now escape G99 unmolested...the few that were left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom