Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashing Images Warning.

Been seeing a lot more rapidly flashing images being used as an avatar lately. While I usually don't have a problem with gif based avatars, trying to scan the forum only to see the rapidly flashing images here and there has been triggering my migraines some. I'm not the only one though, so I humbly ask that a new rule be put in place to get rid of the rapidly flashing images as avatars/signatures.

[member="Krest"] Right click the image that flashes for you, and then click "block element". It's not a perfect solution since it does mean you'll have to see each flashing image at least once, but it's better than not giving anyone the option to use gifs in their avatars/signatures.

@Krest @Scherezade deWinter

When I see that Option, it's got the ABP icon next to it so I think that's a function of AdBlocker Plus. But also could vary depending on web browser

I have a few epileptics in the family I do understand about the dangers of flashing lights. While I don't have it, seizures are no joke. I love gif avatars but I would hate for someone to have one if its preventable because of something on site. But that's just my two cents.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

You're using an adblocker extension. Adblock, uBlock, those kinds of extensions have that ability. It also completely blocks loading the image at all, instead of just stopping their animation.

There are more options for users of various browsers to allow the gifs to load, but not animate. Firefox's options in particular are rather paltry, though, the change in version 57 broke a ton of extensions that did this, and their creators have generally stopped working on them.

I'd actually like to see this on Chaos. There are some good animated designs, sig in particular, but the various low quality ones make it particularly bad sometimes, even for someone who doesn't get physical effects from them. They're just distracting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom