Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sala'dine

Admiral of the Ghost Fleet
[member="Kiso"]

The Second fleet, something Sorel as Grandmaster had commissioned to act as an expansionary and expeditionary fleet... then continued by Arisa Yune as a means to gather intelliegence and exotic technologies for the service corps divisions to use and be useful. Now they were mostly left alone, the service corp for the most part was replaced with jedi and rangers in it. Instead of taking the padawans who had failed... for a model where no one could fail. Sala'dine had thankfully worked to preserve them and the standards for training cadets within the fleet itself. Recruiting refugees from worlds where the war had torn them apart. THey had skills and were hungry for a mixture of revenge but also practicality. It kept them from being homeless, kept their families safe and they got to make credits for themselves.

So they had moved much of the things to Arilana station, a massive asteroid base deeper in the Seymarti system. The ancient species that had been here was being studied and they had found a way to work on some of the defenses they had to combat older civilizations. THe only sigh were the battlecruiser from Admiral Quee for the fleet identified at the Seymarti and there was two Omni's with it. IN position over the main colony of the system. What remained of it at least and disguised itself as an archeological survey to those who might stumble into the system. For today though there was something happening here... a graduation ceremony for the class of cadets and the Admiral had come to observe but she wasn't participating. Zeung was leading it as one of the commanders within her fleet and director to the prep school.

The graduation ceremony though was open for others to see. Ferried out in case some of the other admirals wanted to recruit different members to serve and learn on their ships. Or if some of the jedi and rangers wanted to see their fellows celebrate. She didn't try and make it mandatory, if anything it was actually harder to do. The second fleet transport keeping them in the dark as it went to the Windsor at the edge of silver jedi space and confiscated their clothing and any devices. Cleaned them making sure no trackers were there and then issued standard uniforms as they would be put onto a second troop transport and ferried to the station without knowledge of the location. THe return trip working much the same way but she made sure everything was secured and secret. Sala'dine nodded her head though as the speeches finished.

THen the ceremony was taking a small break mostly for the students to file onto the stage. Their uniforms crisp and fashionable when she brought her book up. Sitting on the artificial grass with a blanket she was in her uniform watching all of it. A hand sliding a small book from her thigh pack. Not a datapad or holoreader but an actual book. Rare and expensive but an indulgence in the galaxy same as the physical library she had. A look from one of the families watching as they realized who she was but just nodded their heads. She had some time while they set everything up to handle the class so she opened the pages of it. The biggest known secret of the second fleet and something those under her command defended... their admiral enjoyed trashy romance novels. Alyisa had said it made her more human while laughing about it on Zeltros.

Betwen Alyisa, Negisa, Kiso they had the formation of different aspects within the second fleet. From A new Shadow Wing to Veil Squadron. Special forces and some of the top pilots that the fleet could produce. There was also her judges and from Kisep when she came around out of her sanctum on the planet well... they had the Hand of Judgement legion. LOyal former stormtroopers who were radical yes but they were also some of the finest soldier she had known and served over. Their corp destroyed over the years but slowly and more from being chipped away at. Now though she had a few surprises for the cadets here and for a few who might show up. SHowing off the different ships that were going to be in the second fleets new relaunch. She had requested the likes here allowing anyone interested to get a glimpse into the inner workings of the expansionary force.

Graduation ceremonies, something she was honestly new to in some extent. The Ancient eye though having it's parades and events for those rising in the ranks of the military, it was always more, strict and overly formal, a little bit to imperialist for her liking. Here in the Silver Jedi and the second fleet things were different, the atmosphere was more joyful, smiles and looks of relief were worn by the many new members of the military, spectators cheered along with the proceedings, music just adding to the occasion. Yes, things here were very different, it was kind of nice, more so since she would see such a special more then once considering her rank as Commander among the second fleet.

​It was a rank she was kind of surprised they would give to her the cyborg expecting the Silver to strip her of such a title and her ships, forcing them to rise through the ranks like normal, even more so considering her previous allegiances. Once again things here were different, the Silver welcoming her with open arms, allowing Kiso to keep command of her ship and lead them into battle, and act the Atrisian had done a few times already, proving her worth to the order. Still, there was a hint that behind the scenes Sukai and Tana may have pulled a few strings, having two sibling already apart of the Jedi was always a help, even if the three of them had never spent much time together in the past.

Putting such thoughts aside the women eye turned back towards the admiral,standing to her side while the event unfolded, "you know, I never would have calculated to be in such a position, always I thought to remain as a mercenary, how life twists it's end".

[member="Sala'dine"]

Sala'dine

[member="Kiso"]

She looked up and at her with a nod of her head. "Well commander you had previous experience and training." She looked over with a flick of her eyes though for the ceremony and it was designed to well celebrate but bring the attention without being required. Since their station was hidden far away it allowed the admiral to finish up as she set the book down and stood up brushing herself off. "Second fleet was founded and set up to give a place to former IMperial trained navy and soldiers. We can adapt and change what we are doing but we have had some of the best schooling and training in the academies. So instead of wasting our potential we give it a better purpose." She remained there though watching it and looked over at her. "Plus, I prefer to have trained officers as opposed to flavor of the week who might come and go. YOur ties to family are not to be eploited but it also means that you are less likely to straight up turn against us because you are bored."

A small smile came to her face at [member="Sala'dine"] words, and she was right, "Yes, I suppose the Silver Jedi are always happy to have more trained people on their side, and if it is some poor lost soul that joined the wrong cause all the better". The sting on her face from where Kurenai had slapped her still felt like it was their, her adoptive mother was non to please to learn about Kiso being a member of the Ancient eye and in a sense following Mythos of all people. "It is nice to know others trust me, and yes you have a point, my family ties do mean I have no incentive to betray the Jedi, if I did...", well that would be quite unfortunate, she could see Sukai challenging her to a duel to the death over honor, Tanan sliding a knife in her back while no paying attention, and for mother to simple choke slam her through a wall. Besides, she had two new younger siblings, two bubbling joys to take care of an watch grow, it was nice.

[member="Sala'dine"]

Sala'dine

[member="Kiso"]

A simple nod was needed, Sala'dine questioned much but Kiso's drive for her family was well stronger then most... she knew that value and stayed there for a moment. "It can be a strong reason and what you need." She smirked now, her lip curling up slightly as she listened to the cadets as they started to get named. Each one walking across and saluting the commander of the academy. Their families being happy and clapping, the admiral silently clapping but not being loud or losing a sense of decorum. She had put away the book and moved up to stand properly next to Kiso. "But I would not worry to much comander, we all take different paths to get here and here." She motioned with a hand to the area. "Is even harder for most to get to, your mother, your family might not fully understand but you have a chance here to really do something helpful. We are scouting and clearig the way for them."

Kiso continued to walk behind the admiral, giving her own salutes to the new graduates, seemed most just say the eye patch and scar and automatically assumed 'decorated war veteran', funny how simple some peoples minds could be. "Well, our relationships is a little more complicated, my biological parents died during the one Sith wars, my official adoptive mother, a women called Kurenai though taking the place of a guardian always served as an older sister, mentor and guide in my life, a combination of different people all into one". She may have called her mother, and seen Tana, Sukai as siblings, but the elder vampire was more then that, more then a mother, words failed to describe it. "Though that is in the past, you are right, look towards the future and what we can do".

[member="Sala'dine"]

Sala'dine

[member="Kiso"]

She looked at her and grinned to herself. "Yes the future and the future is bright. We have a few things to go over and I want to talk about plans." SHe brought up a few things on a chevron pad to display equipment they were working on. "WIth this over, they will be able to go out and celebrate as needed, we can continue to some of the labs where they have been working on ships and improvements. A new shielding upgrade or ship." There was a tight smirk on her face while she walked seeing them all off towards the parade ground with their families who were here. Sala'dine headed off towards the buildings and parts of the station.

"New plans? sure I can have a look at them", what ever they were, seemed [member="Sala'dine"] had quite a lot in mind to do for the new naval forces of the SJO. Kiso's eye scanned the different schismatics and equipment descriptions brought up up, "interesting, certainly would give us a much needed boost for all aspects of the military, I'm guessing most of theses are not in full production yet"? Her mind processing the data while propelling along with Sala towards the main station as the parade continued in the background.

Sala'dine

[member="Kiso"]

"Well as much production as can be done. Stealth ships even without a cloak are still costly. In many cases we have them for squadrons that can be kept in some fo the ships." She moved through into one of the rooms now, down the hall and the Admiral remained moving and letting Kiso go over the information on the datapad. She stepped in front of a window that looked out on one of the large drydocks that were within the station. Showing one of the carriers hat had been getting worked on. There was also the automated swarm ships for screening and moving around. "We've worked on full rigged slave circuits to create a screen vessel." She pointed out also four other ships. Something based on additional wings that had been created and a royal bomber. "We've also been working on equipment, such as newer shields and improved communications systems."

"That I can tell, all the tech to keep the vessels off radar, control exhaust, electromagnetic signatures, not an easy things to hide". Her eyes remained glued to the data pad as the duo walked the halls, Kiso literately letting her legs lead the way, automatically moving along with [member="Sala'dine"]. The Rangers gaze only leaving the pad once the two had arrived at their destination Kiso giving a small whistle at the busy dry docks, "Certainly have work cut out for them, that much is certain, impressive, though I have to ask, isn't slave rigging a little risky, I suppose you have extra steps taken to reduce hacking threats and other sort of software attacks". One problem with automated systems on large ships was their ability to be effected my slicers and thus making a once mighty capital craft almost useless.

[member="Sala'dine"]

Sala'dine

[member="Kiso"]

She looked at Kiso as they stood there and spoke with a nod. "Slave circuits are generally essential to manufacturing. to move the ships around without each needing to have a pilot. Full rigging the ships can be dangerous but it will heavily reduce the need for crew and with the proper droid and AI brains within the ships themselves combined with automated systems. We can take away the need for a crew and even cut away chances for one to get into the ship." She said it but she had some ideas looking over at it so they could see it. "With the stealth systems and automated ships it could be a very simple thing." She smiled now and there was some excitement as going through the hall they had equipment being tested including the second fleets combat shotgun that was designed to tear apart beskar andother materials.

"That is a good point, man power is not unlimited, and droid pilots are... well we all know how they can be". More so the mass produced ones that they would need to fully man a ship. "Still a human crew is still needed to some extent, to activate manual overrides and troops to repel boarding parties, that sort of stuff". Often a droid ship might as well have a sign to the enemy saying 'free craft', rip for capture by skilled slicers. "Though as a stealth ship, that could all work, the enemy can't hack what they don't know is there, quite the loop hole now that I process it". She was surrspied not many other people though about such a system, Kiso smiling as she continued to follow [member="Sala'dine"].

Sala'dine

[member="Kiso"]

"Droids with the right programming can be quite useful and helpful. We have made new model repair droids that are small and able to get around ships, new model biots and an idea for combat companion droids. Small ones that can function like a combat droid and astromeh when needed in a slicing and technical standpoint. While we the second fleet work to encourage our cadets and pilots to have various skills for a situation and think in the field... we also have a need for order and strict adhered to methods." Taking apart and reverse engineering equipment just happened to be a part of that so they would be able to undestand alloftheir equipment and what theycould dod with it.

"That sounds ideal, though I am guessing that the new cadets will need a good understanding of robotics to serve with us in the events that said new droids become disabled in some manner". Such skills could also be used in other areas with ease increasing the flexibility of fleet members. "It would also help with our manpower shortages, I've quite clear we'd not last long in a war of attrition against the Empire, they have far to many worlds to conscript people from and throw at us, this will give the Silver Jedi a slight numerical edge". Allowing then to field more ships with less crew and devote more men to combat roles instead of crews, Kiso giving a small smirk at the prospect. "Things have certainly become much more interesting".

[member="Sala'dine"]

Sala'dine

[member="Kiso"]

Quantity can mean a few things but quality is important. We train our cadets in howto operate at stations on the ship, how to work on and repair systems on their own and understanding the limitations or how to improvise with the equipment. That is why their training requires them to reverse engineer and innovate ships or components. The empire has numbers and has their stars, ones who everyone rallies behind but we of the second fleet however work on having the strongest minds and physical bodies." THe pride was there, Sala'dine was not going to deny it. Humility and understanding hubris was important... you shouldn't let yourself think you were smarter and better then everyone but she had seen other fleets and soldiers. THey were dangerous in their numbers but relied on their numbers or a single person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom