Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fixer Upper

Mykes sat way back in the cargo hold of the freighter. He had been hired to keep it in tip top shape through out the trip, where it was to deliver supplies to a place on a planet. He was not told where. Or what planet. There was pay, and good pay to him. While in the cargo hold he had been tapping along his prosthetic leg's knee. The crew were nice enough, as in they did not disturb him and he did not disturb them.

Soon the ship rocked as it came through the atmosphere. Then made landing as it shook all over. Mykes stood up and at the same time crewmembers came through to begin unloading the vessels cargo. He stepped out where he got right to work, looking over the landing gear. Everything seemed fine, for an old freighter. A bit rusted, something he would have to deal with now rather than later. As he worked on it, Mykes heard something drop next to him. His bag...with his belongings.

"Wait, what is the-"

"You were paid for the delivery. Nothing more. I'm sure these people would be kind enough to give you a lift to some nearby city." He could only stare at them as the ramp went up. As they disappeared off, he grinned. He expected that of them. That's why he hadn't told them that their hyperdrive was faulty, and wouldn't last after another arrival. He could have fixed it, for at least to last a couple more trips. He picked up his bag, huffing.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He was on Myrkr when the ship landed. He was on the landing pad with his son [member="Tom Taff"]. Overseeing the general offloading of cargo. He watched as a cargo ship dropped of it's stuff and one of it's crew. That was strange. He immediately logged the number for further investigation. When ever they landed at the next Clan Australis or Mirdirmorut facility the ship and it's crew would be checked from head to toe. You didn't just randomly leave people, especially not on a companies property.
kytzqkd1.png
He wandered over to the boy, man. He really couldn't tell. He had himself open to the force as well so he could tell the man was a force user or at least force sensitive. Interesting. "Hey sorry, What was up with that it is not very usual people are left on our tarmacs / landing pads. So what were you dumped here for?" The man had what looked like his belongings with him. "Come with me we can talk in one of my offices here." He then walked back to the office buildings.
kytzqkd1.png
[member="Mykes Vatak"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Tom was back on his little corner of the galaxy. He used to live here now he was all over the shop. He missed his animal friends but most of them died during the forest burning. It had upset him. This was the first time since then he had come back. He was going to be the head of the foundry here. At least that was the plans. He didn't mind it so much this was his home, He could feel the force on this planet either. It wasn't beneficial to his learning but if he wanted to learn he would be able to in orbit.

Then his Dad went over to one of the landing pads that a cargo ship had recently vacated. He saw a young man. He was very appealing to the eye. Something about him pulled at something inside Tom. He wasn't sure what. But it was there. He followed his father over. He could smell the engine fluids and sweat on him and for some reason it made him feel strange. Then his dad invited the man in. There must be a reason behind it. He then said "Here let me take your bags." He picked up the man's bags with ease following his father with ease. His heart was thumping in his chest and he could understand why. But he followed for now

[member="Mykes Vatak"], [member="Rex Taff"]

Mykes sat right on his bags, sighing to himself. Stuck....again. He muttered a curse under his breath, and started tapping his prosthetic again. That was when he noticed two approaching. He hadn't been left trespassing here did he? The older one asked a question to him, and he stood up slowly, shrugging and stretching. "Apparently, I was paid for a one way trip. Sucks for them though since all they'll be getting is a one way trip too."

The younger one offered to take his bags, and Mykes stood aside. But not before taking one of them. In there was something...most special to him. And then he began to follow. "I won't be a nuisance, at all. Just get me to the city, and I'm off."

[member="Tom Taff"] [member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He was lead into an office. Rex took a seat on the other side of the table. "Please sit. You said they paid you for a one way trip, can I ask are you a engineer in some way? Our company could actually use someone of your speciality. We have scientists but we need more engineers especially since a lot of ours are new recruits just out of the mando empire's service. So I have a proposition would you like to become a part of this company?" He looked into this young man's eyes. He hoped it was going into his head the offer he was making.
kytzqkd1.png
"Trust me this isn't a nuisance just say yes or no. If no we will take you to the spaceport near here and pay for your trip where ever you want. Otherwise welcome aboard my Son here will show you somewhere you can rest before we head out." He got up and walked to the window looking out. He would wait for the young man to make a choice on where he wanted his life to go. He could tell his son was off as well something about this man, was making his son act strange. What it was Rex wasn't sure but he was bound to find out soon.
kytzqkd1.png
[member="Mykes Vatak"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Tom followed his dad through the complex. He could still smell the young man following them and it was making his go crazy on the inside, he was sure his dad could tell something was off. Every so often he would seen a glance at the man. He made him feel something he didn't understand what. As they got to the doors he stepped inside the doors. He was listening to the conversation but his thoughts were purely on the young man. Something made him really want this guy. He still couldn't figure it out.

From the snippets he was listening to. He heard his father offer the man a position in the company and Tom's only thought at that moment was SAY YES PLEASE SAY YES He looked at the young man. He hoped he said yes. Don't say no I may never see you again say yes please. Then it was added he would show the man a place to rest. My room then I get him all to myself, wait no father would expect that, maybe it is why he said that who knows. He would say silent trying not to show these feelings and to anyone who didn't know him would be able to tell but he knew that his dad would be able to.

[member="Mykes Vatak"]

Mykes entered the office, setting his personal bag done beside his chair. [member="Rex Taff"] was speaking to him, and he listened. Though for a bit, he wasn't so interested, he just wished to get back onto his way instead and go off onto his job. That was until he heard a word he knew well. Proposition. "A...a proposition?" Was he getting offered a job? He got real serious then, leaning forward somewhat. "What pay are we talking? High, low? I mean yes, I am a mechanic. I fix ships. Cruiser, fighter, freighter, you name it."

Mykes felt one of his hands tapping away at his knee again. It was a habit of his these days. He had no idea what the younger one was saying thinking however as he sat there.

[member="Tom Taff"] [member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"Well given your skill sets and our high need of good engineers, especially with us going into ship building soon and the fact that I also have a personal battleship that I may need you on every so often. I am thinking high pay, plus food and board. It would be a pleasure to have you on board." Especially since my son has fallen for you as well. or at least it seems that way. He omitted the last part to his mind. The two of them would sort it out eventually.
kytzqkd1.png
And with that Rex said "Welcome to Mirdirmorut [member="Mykes Vatak"], we are pleased to have you aboard, for the most part I think you will be travelling with me and my son on board my battleship. It is fairly new and mando design so you will likely have a lot of free time on your hands. I would also like you to teach some of our newer engineers as well. Now you are dismissed until my business is conducted here. As are you son. Take him to his room then the day is yours." He would sit down and began some paper work to finalise the new employee to the company. He hoped the two sorted it out quickly.
kytzqkd1.png

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Tom would listen. He said yes. YESSSSS. Tom was so happy about that he nearly broke his composure but quickly reset it. He knew his dad knew what was up at this point and he didn't care he could try to get this handsome young man all to himself for at least 3 or 4 hours. He listened as his dad finished up talking about pay. Then about where he would be stationed. HE WAS GOING TO BE ON BOARD THE PERSONAL SHIP. Tom was overjoyed he would get to see this guy all the time.

He then nodded as his father dismissed him. "Yes dad. [member="Mykes Vatak"] if you would like to follow me." As they got out of the office. "I think you will find my personal rooms more than acceptable if you will follow me please." He then took him straight to his rooms.

He opened the door to show a room with a lot of plants, several gaming systems lined on wall with a bed on another. Two door ways one leading to a closet of sorts and the other to a refresher and bathroom. He also had a TV on the wall. But there were plants on every wall space that didn't already have anything. "Please feel free to freshen up and use my clothes you are about my height." He would point to the refresher then the closet. He would then sit down on his bed and wait for the young man.

Mykes grinned. Now this he was most happy with. He could get used to it. He nodded, a battleship he could serve upon. "I'll be glad to serve with you." Even though he particularly enjoyed working in different areas, and for different people he felt perhaps he could go with a job like this. Most certainly could. "Guess I'm aboard then" he added. He turned in his chair to see the younger man, who turned out to be [member="Rex Taff"]'s son.

He stood up and put a hand out to shake his hand. "Mykes Vatak...guess I'm sticking with you for a bit." He did not mind that really, as he did not really mind sticking in a room with another. He had done it a lot. As they reached the room he took the offer up, but first, "Do you have a place where I can-" He had spent a long while being grimy from fixing landing gear and ship engines. Mykes spotted [member="Tom Taff"] point over to the refresher and then off he went.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Tom decided he couldn't be bothered waiting. So he went and picked out some clothes for the man. He placed them just inside the bathroom door. Returning to his bed and putting a movie on. It was an older movie from the empire's time but to be honesty he kinda enjoyed it. As he began to watch it he began reciting lines that he knew off by heart. It was a take on some old play romeo and Juliet. But it was both guys. It was a weird thing but he enjoyed it a lot he always pretend to be the Julian character never the Romeo. He just felt more aligned with Julian than Romeo. But he was.

[member="Mykes Vatak"]

Mykes freshened up best he could, and found the clothes for himself. He fit them on him, and they fit almost perfectly....in fact they fit like they were his. They were a perfect fit. Mykes exited the bathroom to find the other, [member="Tom Taff"], watching a movie. He stood there for a moment, before moving off to seat himself on the floor and pick up his bag. He set it onto his lap. He was never one for confrontation, keeping to himself mostly. Though Mykes did every now and then glance up at Tom.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Tom was halfway through the movie and it's dialogue when he saw [member="Mykes Vatak"] sitting on the floor. "Oh shoot I am sorry. How long have you been sitting there for I got so wrapped up in the film. Come sit with me." He would tap the area of the bed beside him. "So tell me why you all the way out here at myrkr, working with a crew that didn't even care enough to get you home?" He would look at the man. Emotions welling up inside him again. He was uncertain how to go forward with this but finding out more was always a good idea.

[member="Mykes Vatak"]

Mykes shrugged. He started toying with a screwdriver in one hand. At the offer to sit on the bed...well, it would be softer then the floor. He stood up, carrying his bag over. He set it up on the opposite side from [member="Tom Taff"], still toying with the screwdriver. He pulled up the pants leg over his prosthetic, not even thinking that it might not be great to get working in a situation like this. "I got paid for a one way trip. Happens, I got by it."

Wasn't the first time either. Most of the time he was at least near a city. "I would no doubt be off on another job by now, just hired out as a mechanic. Then once I'm done fixing, well...." Admittedly he had gotten offers to stay. And sometimes he did. But it did not usually turn out well.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Tom looked at the guy as he began working on his leg. That was surprising. "How did you get that prosthetic?" He would listen to the rest of it. "Another job geez, nah stay with us please, come on." Tom touches [member="Mykes Vatak"] hand looking imploringly into his eyes before realising what he was doing. He immediately apologies. "Sorry I don't know what happened there. Ummm. Did you still wanna stay here or go to the barracks instead?" He looked down at the bed. Hoping the guy would say something anything back.

Mykes stopped. It was a common thing to hear people ask. He almost felt as if for a time again, he couldn't feel his leg and instead the dull pain of the days after. He got back to working on it soon after. "An accident..." That was all he said on that. One of the reasons was cause he rarely spoke of it. The other...was when he saw [member="Tom Taff"]'s hand on his. That was most unexpected...yet he was rather unfazed by it. He merely stared at it.

"Here's fine" he said almost immediately, looking up at Tom. The barracks meant more people. As he looked up he missed a spot and his leg jerked, which caused a dull pain.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"What kind of accident?" He looked up the young man again. His leg jerked as he said here is fine. "Did you want a hand with that [member="Mykes Vatak"]?" He sat back and waited half watching the movie he still had running. He was almost sure he had just screwed it up.

But at the same time these feelings were so strong he didn't want to just give up on him. "So where is your family?" He was just asking questions not knowing how this man before him would act.

Mykes rested a hand just before his knee. He slowly shook his head. "I...It's fine, I know how to fix it..." he said, trying to avoid the question of the accident. Thankfully the topic went onto something better for him. "Somewhere. I still contact them. Last I heard Tatooine." He talked here and there, but he also kept on his own since leaving to work.

"Your father is kind. I thank him, a lot" he added after a momentary pause. He kept his focus to the leg until it began moving more freely, now as he flexed it. "Much better" he muttered under his breath.

[member="Tom Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Tom would look at him. "Okay if you are sure" he began quote lines from the movie again. "Really that is pretty cool. But Tatooine. Isn't that still recovering from the CIS and GE what ever it was?" He would continue quoting lines again from the movie it was almost finished. Then [member="Mykes Vatak"] spoke about Rex "My dad, Oh yeah Dad. Yeah he is great isn't he. He adopted me off this planet." Tom would muse. "Wanna watch a movie since mine is finished?"

Mykes listened as [member="Tom Taff"] quoted the movie. He didn't mind it, in fact he found it perhaps a bit funny. Since he wasn't exactly watching it, yet he knew plenty what was happening too. He shrugged. "They're helping out last I heard, where they can."

Mykes heard the offer for a movie and nodded. "You can choose...unless you have something about fighters? or podracing?" He grinned a little before he flexed the leg one more time, then began to move the pants leg back down over it...before pausing. No doubt it would come up again. "A fighter's landing gear...it snapped while I was under it..." He felt the pain and agony he felt that day. "Then I got this" he said, pulling up the pants leg again and patting the leg. To some, it appeared old. And that was true. It was an old model.

[member="Tom Taff"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom