Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish People and Jedi Oh My!

Hanna smiled as she stood in the shuttle, it was moving from the orbiting star defender to Ahto City. She smiled, she somehow had ended up with the jedi again. This time however she felt confident of herself. Kamon did that to her... Made her feel so confident. She knew jedi were with her which made her feel safe. The mission was simple, Eliminate a problem somewhere under the vast ocean The seemed to be suffering from oceanic pirates raiding their Kolto production factories. While Bacta had become the primary healing agent, Kolto was still valuable. She was here to meet with the Council, while her jedi friends and whoever else came assulted the pirates bases. There were 3 groups of pirates, and they were getting more and more bold.

The Planet of Mannaan was beauiful considering it was an ocean world, underneath its waters, were all matters of creatures and valley's and ridges, and canyons. Not even the natives had explored most of the planet, and it was still growing, having recovered from the plague rather well, the planet was flourishing. She just hoped that this time she wouldn't get shot at or kidnapped.

Pirates... filth of the galaxy. Bands of degenerates and villains pilfering goods from those who could not protect themselves adequately. Selena ached for the people of Manaan who were being robbed by these criminals. However, these three groups of pirates had made a mistake. They had found a consistent target and set up shop on one planet. In such a large galaxy it was incredibly easy to hide. But when one set down roots, it became increasingly easy to hunt them down.

Then again, in a largely recovering galaxy it was not the worst idea made. They had no real reason to expect the Republic, through the Jedi, to come in such force to give aid to Manaan and secure their membership in the Republic Senate. Selena was with them. Here mostly to deal with the pirate problem. She stood at the edge of the transport, holding onto a safety rail, and looking out over the sea. Her white robes flowing from the air as it hit her from the shuttles movement.

Hanna's shuttle landed in the space port, She watched as more deployed, this was the staging point. She watched as more shuttles dropped down, deploying troops and such. Hanna smiled as the Delegation of the council greeted her. " Hello, yes I am honored to be here to help, Can you show me to the Council? I would love to meet with them, and of course if you could lead others to the launch platforms. I am sure they can help take down the pirates. " She said as the troops were lead to large vessels that would take them to the pirates. Hanna smiled as she hoped that at least someone stayed with her.. but she just hoped that the troops and jedi were safe.. She hoped they took the pirates out with out much trouble.

Hanna smiled as she followed the envoy's. She just hoped that no one tried anything against her again.

Most of the work had probably happened before the... police action even began. At least, Selena imagined it had. The Vice-Chancellor was present, but the Knight imagined that was the formalize stuff. Altogether, Selena was mostly along for the ride. When her ship settled down on Ahto City, she stepped down from the opening and looked over the white city. It was so interesting to see a city built to float on the surface of an entirely aquatic planet. Really, it was quite strange thinking that it was an artificial island she now stood on. Sure, it was not that different from any large scale space station, but at the same time it was still a very strange thing.

She did not spend much time contemplating the technical marvel though; she was here for a purpose after all. She moved briskly, white flowing quickly. The space where she, and some other jedi, had been landed was a bit away from where the port was. Some Republic official talked with a Selkath about directions, but Selena knew where to go. From the air she had gotten the lay of the land and noticed the water skiffs. Given the number and that they all seemed to be primed to leave from space, it was fairly obvious that those would be the transport of choice to go find the pirates where ever they were.

As she walked around a corner she had to pause when she saw the massive open ocean before her. While the smell of salt had been present since entering the system, something about the wind coming right off the ocean made it all the more fresh. Despite wanting more, Selena only allowed herself the briefest moment to soak in the sight before approaching the water skiffs.

Ahto City

Salt air. Salt ocean air.

To say that it was an uncommon sensation was putting it lightly. None the less, it was a welcoming sensation. Fleeting memories of the past came to her. Another place. Another time. Another life.

Taking a deep breath, the Zabrak turned from the sight of the azure ocean and back into the city.

It wasn't the first time she'd laid foot on Ahto City. In her mind, a single phrase came to her.

Let it not be as bloody as it had last.

Once fully at the docks, Selena met and bowed to the Selkath who were present. While not naturally warrior people, like any other species when forced to fight they could adapt. With the backing of the Republic and the Jedi primarily, they were beginning to take up arms against those that were oppressing them. It made her glad that the Jedi could have that kind of impression on a people. Instilling hope to those who had lost it was a good thing. A noble thing. It was something that made her glad to be in service to the galaxy.

She boarded one of the ships and waited for more of the Jedi to arrive so that they could venture out into the great ocean to deal with the pirate threat.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"]

It didn't take long before Adele crossed paths with Jedi Knight Halcyon. Boarding the same ship, she made headway to her, bowing her head lightly in greeting. "Knight Halcyon." she said quietly, lifting her head to reveal the intricate lavender tattoos that lined her pale face.

"Have you heard any word?"

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="A'dele"]

She returned the bow to the padawan. "All I know is that in theory we should be departing soon. Rumor is that one of the pirate bases is a floating Acclimator."

A subtle frown drew over the Zabrack female's brow at that. "A floating Acclimator..." she appeared to mull over that bit of news, "Any input on just which faction of pirates it may be?" she asked. There were pirates a plenty, although some were of a more seedier route. A clue into which pirate clan they were could give valuable intell on just what to expect.

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="A'dele"]

Believe it or not, this was already a long conversation for Selena. At least, one where Selena was not having to pretend to be someone else. She really did not have much to provide this padawan though. "I am not sure. I am not very good at Selkath, and no one has translated anything for me. I think I saw a picture of a yellow eight legged sea monster in a brief."

@[member="Shi'Do Mont"]

Manaan

Such a beautiful world.

Nothing but an ocean of blue as far as the eye could see. Erinyes could smell the salt in the air, feel the spray hit her face. She stood among the rest of the Jedi on the boat that would send them towards their objective with her padawan, Shi'do Mont. It would be their first mission together, as padawan and master, and Erinyes was a bit excited for it. Turning to him with a faint smile, she observed him quietly, before asking, "How art thou this morn, Shi'do?" the question was layered in other questions. Did he feel ready for the mission? Did he have a worry? Was there anything he would like to discuss prior to their arrival with the pirates?

One did not have to have telepathic abilities to note Selena's growing impatience. None the less, A'dele kept a cordial expression, giving a faint nod. "It is quite an interesting language. However, I am unable to perfectly pronounce the s's." she said, only to be interrupted by the faint jerk of the boat moving.

"We are on our way then."

Shi'Do Mont

Confused Padawan
@[member="Erinyes Draclau"]

The ocean. Disgusting. All manner of fish and creature in it tearing each other apart and emptying themselves in it. A truly foul pool of bacteria if there ever was one. Shi'do didn't eat fish if he didn't have to, and being surrounded by them wasn't going to be great. He took a breath. Look at the bright side Shi'do, at least you're not at the temple. He absentmindedly fingered his new lightsaber. He hadn't crafted one until after being accepted as a padawan learner to master Erinyes. His finger traced patterns of roses and other flowers decorating it.
And you'll be with your new master with your new lightsaber. Like a new start almost.

He turned to Erinyes with a forced smile. "I'm alright I guess. I enjoy the gardens more than the ocean, but I suppose I'll manage. Are you uh, sure this boat will hold us all?" Shi'do eyed around looking for possible dangers. Being out in the field was totally different from reading reports.

@[member="Shi'Do Mont"]

Amusement lit the jade green eyes of the Jedi Knight at her padawan's obvious uneasiness at their watery perch. "The vessel will hold." she gently said in encouragement, sliding a hand to gently squeeze his shoulder. "Remember thy lessons, and thou wilt do well."

A gust of wind came over them, the boat easily cutting through the small waves. "Stay close, Shi'do..." she gently said a reminder. "Our destination awaits."

Selena chuckled, but it was far from genuine. Now, do not be confused, it seemed rather genuine. Part of her activities as a Shadow involved her having to pretend to be a number of things. Amused was a common one. While normally it was in order to be more convincing in her role, this was mostly to just make sure as to not offend the padawan. It had been a well intended joke, Selena was sure of that. She just was not one for humor, even if she was rather capable of pretending that she was.

When the ship began to move over the seas she closed her eyes. Her entire mind leaned upon the force in moments like this and her senses stretched out. She wanted to sense the enemies when they got nearer.

Ahto City

So far, so interesting. One large water covered planet with Ahto City serving as the only thing above the churning seas. Their transport had landed and members of the 73rd had deboarded near the edge of the floating city. Sea spray kicked up and gave the soldiers a fine misting. Currently the Major was standing with several dozen soldiers. No more were needed. The Republic Military had agreed to train the local forces and lend a hand with the local pirate problem. The amusement of pirates and the water had not been lost on her soldiers. Every chance there was a joke.

"I hope they have some good life support for us as we dive. Imagine that, death hundreds of feet down? What a way to go" Delila commented to her second hand, Sgt. Laree Malik.

"Thanks for the warm comforting thoughts Major. You really know how to inspire us"

"Anytime. Lets get this show on the road. Into the transport so we can be taken on a tour of this problem. We're headed off to kolto fields" Delila moved to what were known as AT AT swimmers, troop transports outfitted with weapons. If she had to bet on it they were going to need them.

Rekali the Hutt

R
@[member="Selena Halcyon"] @[member="Hanna Lissiri"] @[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Shi'Do Mont"] @[member="Erinyes Draclau"] @A'dele

Ardak walked through the streets of Ahto City behind the men from the 73rd. Manaan was a peaceful ocean planet, but it was also the sole producer of Kolto, a poor man's bacta. Gaining such a resource, as well as locking it up away from the nearby Hutt Cartel, was instrumental to the Republic. Ardak in his heart was a soldier, and he knew the Soldier's plight of being underfunded, underequipped, and undersupported, so procuring an extra set of medical supplies for the troops took a special place in his heart, and Ardak had spent the past two weeks studying the Selkath's language just for the negotiations. He heard the female human Major comfort her troops and it made him smile, a competent and understanding officer could mean a world of morale to the soldiers. He walked up to the Major, took her name, and began speaking to her.

"You really have the heart of your troops with you Major Castillon. I remember a few men from my day who inspired their troops as you and they all went up in there careers." Ardak complimented the woman's command. Then all of a sudden all of the lighting on the block failed. As Ahto city was nearing the opposite side of it's sun Pyrshak, the loss of light was jarring, but not completely gone yet.

"Status report?" Ardak questioned into his comlink, his military background emerging into his speech. He took his comlink out quickly and put it onto a speaker fashion so that the small force of 73rd could hear his message.

"Someone's shut all the power off of Ahto City. Reports are coming in that pirates are stealing the latest batch of processed Kolto. Senator, you have leave soon. Without power the station will sink into the sea." A member of Ardak's diplomatic ship chimed into him and the 73rd. Ardak went over to one of the soldiers and took one of his spare rifles, then checked it's ammo supply and safety, his experience with the weaponry clearly evident.

"Major Castillon, I'm going to go kill some brigands, save as many Selkath as I can, and save this city from capsizing. Try and stop me and I'll have you court-martialed. If you can come along and do half as well as a Navyman I might recommend a promotion, but I guess that's a much bigger standard than you're used to." Senator Serifen said and began moving towards the center of the city, the most logical position Ardak could think of for a generator.

@[member="Delila Castillon"]@[member="Ardak Serifen"]
ONI Operative Jak Slign carried an irritated expression beneath his Recon armor's dark helmet. The Agent had been assigned to protect the good senator during operations on Manaan and the senator was making that job annoyingly difficult. He carried a black SR-4 with a optimized scope and suppressor attached in addition to a suppressed SR-26 slung across his back. Extra magazines covered a the lower half of his torso armor and the rest had been stripped sown a bit for increased movement.

"You're making my job difficult Senator." Jak quipped to Ardak as he scanned the area in front of the senator and moved with him in a combat ready stance.

The water skiffs cruised over the water. Selena watched the ocean for any sight of an opponent coming at them. The ancient acclimator that served a pirate base would not be too far away now. Whispers on the ship began to get rather loud about Ahto city having lost power or something not long after they left. Selena had to drift around and assure them that the Republic was there, and if the city had lost power then they would get to the bottom of it. Their mission still stood. They had to knock out one of these pirate threats.

That was when one of the skiffs near hers exploded. It was likely a mine, seeing as no fire had been seen from the deck where she stood. In the distance she could see the grey hulk of the Acclimator that would be their enemies base. The approach would be much slower from here as they began to navigate around the mines the were visible near the surface of the ocean.

The swim suit was snug and had no holes for the long blue tentacles on the back of A'donaries head. After a few moments he had squeezed himself into the skin tight suit even managing to cram his tentacles down his back and lightsaber on his thigh before placing the helmet on his head. A'donari felt a tingle within from knowing that he was working with his Master Ben for the first time on a real mission. Helping to free Manaan from the pirates that had crippled the planet was huge. He looked to his Master and new Padawan before nodding showing he was ready and waiting for them to take the long dive down to the depths of the dark ocean below with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom