Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply First Trouble

Adrian L’lerim Terassi Vandiir
Prince of the Eternal Empire, Disciple/Acolyte, assassin, sorcerer and alchemist
Uncrowned King of the Pocket Sand, Heir of the House L’lerim, Member of the Primyn Group
wH4s4G8.png
Equipment: Walking Stick | Deck of the Pocket Sand || Empyrean gland
Tag: ???
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

Sometimes Realworld was still weird to Adrian, especially when he was in places where his father was before. More than once he had heard how much he resembled the late Darth Prospero. He was not overly impressed by these manifestations and words, through which they told him the utterly clear thing. The young man only had to look in the mirror to know that.

Now he had his studies in business, so he went first to Dromund Kaas, then to Zeltos, and now he was here on Denon. He manages to escape the eyes of his bodyguards. He is usually happy to be surrounded because if he gets in trouble or is in trouble, there are those who will protect him. But sometimes he was happy with loneliness and not watching his every move. As with so many other things, in this question too, in the young man the characteristics of his parents were mixed too.

It was thanks to this that Adrian got into this not-so-good neighbourhood while looking for a pub for himself. As he entered the smoky, alcohol-smelling room, he smirked. Sure, he loved luxury places, glamour, and splendour, but places like this can best for him, to disappear from his bodyguard's sight. He took off his hat and leaned in, leaning on his staff; he was not limped, the stick played a different role, not aided walking.

His attire may have been too elegant here, but it didn’t matter. He walked to the counter and sat down on one of the bar stools. Motioned for the bartender droid to go there, and when that happened, he spoke.

"I'd like a glass of better quality whiskey!" he said.

lqTDRqo.png

Denon had become her new Terminus.

Sure, she still couldn’t quite shake the longing for her old stomping grounds—Terminus was where she’d come up, after all. It was where she’d settled after Zeltros, where she’d learned to sling a blaster, where she’d started her own droid garage. It was where she’d learned to be a Judge.

The Outer Rim Alliance collapsed, as all powers eventually do. Like a celestial tide, empires ebbed and flowed from one corner of the galaxy to another. Some were a flash in the pan, while others seemed unshakable until they hollowed out from the inside and crumbled. If they didn’t go quietly into the night, they’d come crashing down.

Yula had moved her work to Terminus, forging connections in the underworld as she did best. The Zeltron had become acquainted with the Shadowrunners of Darkwire, linking up with them for a job here and there.

"I'd like a glass of better quality whiskey!"

A young man slipped into an empty stool a few seats away, and Yula looked up from her doodling. The napkin next to her drink was covered in vague sketches, designs that had been drifting through her mind that she finally tried to pin down.

Her eyes narrowed as she balanced the stylus in her hand between two fingers. He looked familiar, and not in a good way. He looked out of place, which explained the eyes on him. His clothes were cut too stylishly, too clean.

“Won’t find it here.” She snorted, earning her a look from the barkeep droid. Yula shrugged. “Oh, don’t give me that. We both know you water the pricey booze down.”

Adrian L'lerim-Vandiir Adrian L'lerim-Vandiir

Prince of the Eternal Empire, Disciple/Acolyte, assassin, sorcerer and alchemist
Uncrowned King of the Pocket Sand, Heir of the House L’lerim, Member of the Primyn Group
wH4s4G8.png
Tag: Yula Perl Yula Perl
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

So far, he had only paid general attention to his surroundings to see when someone would attack him. Paranoia… fortunately not on a sick level, only in a sufficiently healthy form. Sure, many would probably argue with that and say too it was much, but there was nothing that could be done. Due to the genetic anomaly, nature felt that the paranoia present in both parents was a good feature and not a bug.

He turned to the side when he heard what the woman was saying. The warning arrived on time. That's when the droid put the drink in front of Adrian. He was used to a good quality drink, so he would have realized it after the first sip. It was enough to smell the whiskey to feel that it really didn’t smell intense enough.

"I would like a normal, non-watered drink!"

After that, he turned in Yula's direction and looked through discreetly at the young woman. Though she was Zeltron based on her skin colour, he might be wrong, many other species may have pink skin. When and if she looked at him, he smirked. For a moment he ran his fingers through his hair and swept a stray lock of hair or two from his face, his blue eyes gleaming with amusement.

"Thanks for the tip! Can I invite you for a drink as a token of my thanks?"

lqTDRqo.png

Yula snorted loudly. The barkeep glared, first at her, then at the young man, then back at Yula before snatching the man’s glass away.

“You’ve got stones, I’ll give you that.” She chortled. After a better look at him, the vague familiarity of his features kicked up a notch. Still, Yula could not place him. Maybe they’d been apart of a team during a Darkwire hit, or perhaps they’d simply passed each other by on the street. Or maybe she was connecting a few dots that simply didn’t exist.

And they said Zeltrons looked familiar to strangers.

"Thanks for the tip! Can I invite you for a drink as a token of my thanks?"

Yula raised her mug and tilted back, pouring the rest of the drink down her throat. “Perfect timing.” She gasped, tapping the side of the now empty glass sharply with a fingernail. “I’ve just run out.”

The bartender returned with his new drink, one of higher quality.

Humming to herself, the Zeltron mix rested an elbow on the counter, chin pressed against the side of her fist.

“You look familiar. Why is that?”

Adrian L'lerim-Vandiir Adrian L'lerim-Vandiir (sorry it took so long! <3)

wH4s4G8.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

Adrian grinned at the bartender's reaction, apparently not too happy that she had warned the young man. Although Little Vandiir did not look like he would not have noticed the problem with the drink. He had been in elite clubs, among the rich, here at Realspace, where his contemporaries had no idea about the drink, they just drank it because it was expensive. Well, the young man was more sophisticated than that.

Luckily, the normal drink also arrived, which was really normal based on its colour. As he picked up the glass, he smelled it discreetly as he lifted it to his mouth. The scent also indicated that it was normal. However, the taste is less. It was horrible and almost undrinkable. He didn't even dare think about what would have happened if he had asked for something cheap. The grin disappeared from his face for a few seconds as he grimaced.

"I have no idea, sorry!" smirked.

He really had no idea, he never really thought for a moment that anyone in such a place would recognize Darth Prospero. He just came to a pub like this to reduce his chances to zero. Adrian would have liked to say that she probably just finds him handsome and says so. But no, in the end he remained silent.

"Really not, this is my first time in Denon. I'm Adrian!" introduced himself. "What is such a beautiful young lady looking for in a place like this, alone?" he asked.

lqTDRqo.png

“Adrian?” She echoed. Now that sounded even more familiar. That face, that name, even that demeanor.

Nida came to mind. Her little sister, the one in jail for killing a senator. The one who’d been lured to the Sith, turned by Darth Prospero, one of the most poignant Sith Lords before his demise. Darth Prospero, otherwise known as…

Adrian Vandiir.

Yula blinked, hiding her thin-lipped look of displeasure behind another drink from her mug. Adrian Vandiir was dead, but dead didn’t mean much to the Sith. Especially for someone who more than dabbled in the esoteric. Maybe this was a clone? Or just a man with the misfortune of having the wrong name and face.

A jolt of anger surged through her like ice in her veins. The last time she’d seen Vandiir had been on Nar Kreeta, when the Bryn’Adul had taken it from the Silvers.

“Holy chit, you're Adrian Motherkarking Vandiir!”

"The one and only... and I don't believe I've had the pleasure, Yula."

How he’d known her name, she never found out. Simply chalked it up to Adrian and the mysticism that surrounded him. She’d certainly tried to punch it out of him. Still, this man before her hadn’t known who she was. Could have been acting, who knew.

"What is such a beautiful young lady looking for in a place like this, alone?"

Either way, both Yula’s anger and righteous fury to both protect and avenge her family were willing to risk the mistake.

Lunging forward, Yula sent a balled fist in a sucker punch at the Little Vandiir's face.

wH4s4G8.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

He would have just answered when he suddenly felt the anger in the girl. He looked at Yula in surprise and a little confused. Now he looked even younger than usual; just a confused teenager, no more. He didn't really understand why she was reacting like that. He wanted to ask if he had said something wrong or offended the girl, but Adrian no longer had the opportunity to do so.

The next moment, he saw Yula's blurred fist which approached toward his own face. His eyes widened for a moment, and then Yula hit the young boy. Who couldn’t keep his balance on the bar stool and fell to the ground. His back hit the ground with a loud snap on the floor and even the chair overturned after him. He supported himself a little confused on his elbow as he reached out with his hand to where he had received the punch. Ouch!

"Ouch! I would have understood the no as well!" he said grouchy, not understanding why he had received the punch.

As he sat up, the lights of the bar shone on his hair in such a way just so that for a few moments it looked completely red instead of dark brown or black. He set up the chair as well, but kept the distance of two or three steps so he could see now if she wanted to attack or punch him again. One punch was plenty enough, he didn't want any more, nor did he want to fight.

"I hope you tell me which part of my words was what I hurt and insult you with…" he grumbled.

lqTDRqo.png

The moment her fist connected, Yula realized her mistake.

And what a mistake it was.

Flat on his ass and fixed in the warm lights of the bar, she could see him for what he was—not the man who’d lured her little sister to the dark, but a confused, and rightfully disgruntled youth.

“I-“ Yula’s mouth hung open, stunned as the surge of anger that tensed her muscles began to leave her body. Once the surprise wore off, she at least had the grace to look sheepish.

Bending at the knees, she lowered herself to offer a hand to the boy where he sprawled on the floor. “Listen, I’m real sorry about that. It’s just the hair, and the looks—I thought you were that bastard Adrian Vandiir.She laughed a little at her error.

wH4s4G8.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

When Yula held out her hand, Adrian preferred not to accept it. For obvious reasons, he didn’t really trust that he wouldn’t get another punch. As far as he could see, she was really sorry for what she was doing, but he couldn't know. The paranoia inherited from both parents now worked quite hard on him. So she knew his father, and not from a pleasant situation.

"He… he was my father. I was born a few months after his death. Adrian L'lerim-Vandiir is my full name." he confessed a little shyly.

Yes, how to be a young adult was another story. He looked at his glass in confusion for a few moments before looking at the girl again. How could this have been asked so as not to be too jerk or insensitive.

"What did he do to make you so angry with him?" he inquired.

Typically, he only heard good things about Darth Prospero; understandably his mother was very biased, and he heard only sublime poems and odes from the Sith about how talented he was, a great scholar. That he would have been a good Sith was typically omitted, and Little Vandiir knew that his loyalty was not exactly the best either. He served himself the most, he was the first, not the Sith Empire and especially not the Eternal Empire. In the Eternal Empire one thing interested his father, and it was Little Vandiir's mother.

"Of course, only if it's not too painful to talk about it. I don't want to tear up any old wounds." he added quickly.

// I'm so sorry for the late reply, I'm completely dead due the heat wave… //
lqTDRqo.png

When he didn’t take her hand, Yula withdrew it, just as sheepish. Idly, she wiped it down the side of her jacket. Couldn’t blame him—in fact, he’d handled the situation better than she would have. Had someone punched her unprovoked, there’d be a fight for sure.

“You’re…Vandiir’s kid.” She stated the fact plainly, keeping her eyes on him even as they shuffled back onto their barstools. The bartender had thrown a glance their way when the fighting started, reaching for the blaster rifle he kept underneath the counter. When the kids sorted themselves out, he went back to serving patrons, keeping an eye on them.

It took a few long moments for Yula to figure out if she even wanted to tell Adrian what his father had done. In the end, she owed him an explanation.

“He lured one of my sisters to the dark side. That caused a lot of destruction to my family, if you get what I mean.” Upon Nida’s turning, she’d stabbed her lover and fled to the Sith. Reports of her on the battlefield, aiding the enemy filtered through. It broke Kyra down, not to mention mom's anguish.

She was supposed to be the good one. The Jedi, the beacon of purity. Maybe it was the family curse.

Staring into her new drink—a full glass, untouched—Yula examined her distorted reflection. It was true, she felt a measure of animosity for the man sitting beside her, and that was unfair to him.

“I can’t blame you—you may be his kid, but you didn’t do anything to hurt my family.” Placing her thumb and forefinger around the mug, she twirled it closer as a wry smile started to curl her lips.

“I hope.”

(No worries! <3)

wH4s4G8.png
Equipment: Mnami Mirsûra, The Crow Cane | Deck of the Pocket Sand || Empyrean gland
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

As Yula reiterated that Little Vandiir was his father’s son, the young man grinned for a moment, just as his father had done. In the end, he also nodded and motioned for the bartender to ask for another drink. For yourself and the girl. He felt he would need it; that is, rather, they will both need a drink.

"Yes, I am…" confirmed his earlier words.

He knew he would get into situations like this where he had to explain a lot, but he didn’t expect it to happen so soon. How many more punches will he get in his lifetime for this? Probably a lot; he should have started to defend himself, but the fight; and he didn't want that. After ordering, the bartender looked at him grumpy, but at least he didn't shoot them.

Since Yula didn’t respond immediately, he almost thought this topic was too painful and he'll never get an answer. Eventually, however, she began to speak. He almost instinctively asked back what was wrong with the Dark Side? Fortunately, he knew when to remain silent. If this caused a break in the family, then…

"This means you and your family are Jedi, aren't you?" he asked, he couldn't imagine anything else. If he receives confirmation of this, he nodded with a serious expression on his face. "Yes, I understand and I am sorry that he did this, that he ruined your family!"

He knew exactly what a ruined family was like. He wasn't particularly ideal either. He looked up at the question, then shook his head. In the end, however, a grin rather than a smirk appeared on his lips again.

"No, I've spent more than a year at Netherworld in Realspace time, which is why I'm almost eighteen instead of three… I don't think I met any Zeltron there. So no, I don’t think so…" he defended himself; in vain he thought, not a single Zeltron came to his mind.

lqTDRqo.png

Ehhh… Yula waggled her hand. “More like Jedi than not, I suppose. My ma was one until she settled down, and my sisters are. Well, were.”

Another drink from her mug washed down those thoughts, and she wiped her lips with the back of her hand. It wasn’t exactly private information—the Perl family’s involvement with the Jedi was unsurprising public knowledge. Names were on dossiers and all that.

She just wasn’t sure what had become of Nida and Kyra’s path beyond that—one in jail, the other taking to the stars on her own journey. Guess it depended on your definition of Jedi.

The apology was unexpected, and it showed on Yula’s face. Dark brows drew up in surprise, and her lips pursed as she started first down into the pale ale of her glass, then over to Adrian. “Not exactly ruined. He did cause a lot of trauma, but we're still here.” She swirled the liquid in her mug with gentle motions at the handle. “Thank you—it’s not your situation to apologize for…” Yula took a long drink to stave off the grief that was bubbling up “….but thank you.”

Her glass hit the counter with a solid clunk while her lips pulled down in mild disbelief. “Wha…the Nether? Really?” She’d heard of beings—creatures, more like—living in that place. The afterlife, or whatever. Still, Yula had never met one, and she didn't imagine a Netherworlder looking so humanoid. “What’s it like?”

wH4s4G8.png
Equipment: Mnami Mirsûra, The Crow Cane | Deck of the Pocket Sand || Empyrean gland
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

Jedi… nothing else was missing for Adrian. Although the past tense at least sounded better than the present. But even so, it wasn't very pleasant. Given that Adrian was a disciple of a Sith at the moment and his mother was also closer to the Dark Side than to the Jedi. Fortunately, the young man did not know that his mother even wanted to destroy the Force. Then this conversation would have been even more embarrassing.

"Mhm, I see!" he said softly.

Luckily, or unfortunately, Little Vandiir didn't know much about the Perl family, really nothing. Yet it might not have hurt him if he'll keep a list of his father’s enemies in the future. It would probably be a very long list…

When he saw that he had managed to surprise the girl with his apology, he grinned shyly. He didn’t really know what was so surprising about this; in addition to the fact that most Sith have no conscience.

"Since in many places it is believed the child is also guilty of the sins of their parents… it was natural." he shrugged with a sloppy motion.

However, he grinned again at the mention of Nether; with just as smug a look and he smirked as his father. Adrian loved this topic; he had good memories. He would have been able to talk about it for hours or days.

"If you ask me, it's a great place! Contrary to belief, many species live there, not just demons. There are also civilizations, complete cities. True, there are no planets, but “continents” yes, they are diverse and yes they are dangerous, but so is the Realspace." he no longer had the courage to tell her, the two cities were built by two species that the boy’s parents made. Unpleasant and awkward!

lqTDRqo.png

Yula’s lips pursed, seemingly impressed by what Adrian told her. Truly, she’d never given much thought to the Nether—the galaxy was big enough, with plenty of places still left for her to explore. Hundreds of planets, cultures, and creeds to get lost in. Why add in the Afterlife?

That was before she’d met someone claiming to hail from there. From behind another drink of the mug, she gave Adrian a curious glance.

“Great, huh?” Yula wiped her upper lip with the back of her hand in a quick motion. “So it’s like….one giant planet then, yeah?”

She considered this for a moment.

“How’d you end up here, anyhow? I haven’t heard much about the Nether, but I did overhear some old spacers in Terminus’ port talking about crossing into it using some weird portal. But he was a nutter, I don’t think anyone believed him.”

wH4s4G8.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

As he recounted his "story", he watched Yula as well. If he had seen that the subject did not interest the woman, he would have finished. But because he received curious and inquisitive reactions, he spoke enthusiastically. He knew it was a special case by growing up living in the Netherworld, but his case was also special. Yes, he wondered a few times what his childhood might have been like here in the Realspace. Ironically, he will live those years as a young adult.

"This is a good question… but not, that is, not sure. Realspace’s physical laws are not true to that place. They are very different many times. So maybe someone really only perceives it as a planet-sized place, for others as big as the Galaxy itself. The planet is perhaps not a good term because it is made up of different “islands”, with different geographical features, climate, you can travel between the islands with portals, "paths", flying structures, because there is nothing between them, only the void." he explained enthusiastically.

How did he get here? Oh, I mean from the Nether. Both this place, the Nether and Realspace were two interesting stories, one half of which he didn’t really want to tell. The best and easiest thing is if everyone believes he is only a human. What was he? He didn't know, really no one; very uncomfortable and awkward. However, he grinned at the question again.

Though he was right, there are various portals through which you can get there or just back. You can also use a Force to open or teleport a portal, or if someone is able to sense rifts in the fabric of reality, you can go through those who are able to do so. As for me, I was brought back by a member of the Valkyrja species." he said, then his grin became more widened. "Here? I came to an exam on bureaucracy… and escaped, the bodyguards would definitely not search me here." he still smirked and knew she wasn't curious about that information. "Anyway… I still don't know your name."

lqTDRqo.png

It was fortunate, Yula realized, that this Adrian didn’t seem to hold grudges. It wasn’t every day she sucker-punched someone then had a decent conversation with them.

At his explanation, she let out a low whistle. “I’ll be damned.” Yula wasn’t sure if she believed in the Nether, largely because she hadn’t been there and never really knew a reliable source who’d been there. This Adrian seemed to have a pretty detailed explanation either way.

“Sorry, rude of me to throw a fist at a guy without introducing myself.” An awkward chuckle slipped past her lips while remembering his father, how he’d known her name without ever meeting. Something that only added to the layers of eeriness around the OG Adrian Vandiir.

“Name’s Yula. I’m something of a local on Denon, I guess.” She sipped her drink, considering his situation for a moment, bodyguards and all. “I have to agree with you there—never was big on exams or school myself. So, you playing truant for today, huh? Aint ya worried the, uh, Valkyrja gonna drag ya back or something?"

wH4s4G8.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

In fact, Adrian was prepared for something like this to happen to him; although the punch was positive enough compared to what he expected from such cases. He was thinking someone was trying to shoot him. To be mad or angry? Not really, the whole thing was a misunderstanding, and otherwise life is too short.

"But this is the truth!!" he said, still grinning.

There may not have been such advanced technologies as in Realspace and there was no space travel, but it still was a great place. Except for the current events when Omni wants to destroy everything. Because it was unfortunate and uncomfortable. He chuckled in response, too, and finally ran his fingers through his hair in confusion and adjusted it.

"Actually… I'm glad you just punched me and didn’t stab or shoot!" he said with a chuckle, though he thought his words seriously.

Yula; well, he had never heard that name before, but even the Perl would have been completely unknown to him. He was still young, not interested in intelligence, in addition to what was mandatory at home as military service in Blackwatch. He was just a young, college-aged guy who wanted to have fun and party, not to mention the experiments. He chuckled again on the avoid school part, and at the end shook his head.

"Yula… nice name!" he said honestly. "Yes, I think I’m a truant today, I don’t care about bureaucracy… I like science and experiment more. And no, I’m not afraid of it, I already know how to get back if I have to; and now Nether is nowhere near as secure as Realspace, so they will not take me back…" sipped his drink. "If not a very personal question, what do you deal with? You mentioned that your family is made up of Jedi or alike … but as far as I know there is no Jedi order here on Denon."

lqTDRqo.png

“Nah, stabbing ‘n shooting is for the second date.” She winked before snorting in laughter. Hey, he was taking it in stride at least.

So he was a student cutting class in favor of exploring the dregs of Denon. Hey, she’d done the same thing in her younger years. Zeltros had decent schools if you could afford it; not that she would know with how often she skipped out.

“Mm,” He’d asked just as she’d taken a drink, and Yula waved away the notion of Adrian’s question being too personal. “For a while, I lived in the Outer Rim and worked as a Judge for the OPA. Y’know, kind of like lawmen in lawless space? Only we didn’t try to keep the place that clean, just fair. Shooing pirates away from settlements, sticking up for the galaxy’s regular folk. After that…” She shrugged. “I made my way corewards, where the action is.”

The Jedi were something Yula struggled with—they’d always been on the periphery of her life, involved one way or the other. Her mother, at one point, had been a Jedi. Her sisters were Jedi. Her friends were Jedi. Dagon was a Jedi, who’d urged her to go down that path at one point. Maybe she was more involved with the Jedi than she’d thought.

“As for my trade, I’m an engineer.” She shifted the subject quickly away from her own thoughts. “I mostly build and repair droids and speeders, though I’ve worked on a few outlier projects like holofeeds and implants. Pays the bills and keeps me busy.”

“What about you? What kind of science do you deal in, Adrian?”

wH4s4G8.png
dRUm20K.png
[ Supreme ]

He grinned even more and chuckled. Sure, he was really afraid this was going to happen, but if he had listened to his paranoia, he would have been sitting in a room with Phrik walls and door all day to avoid being killed. Actually, he didn’t really think he would get an answer to his question, so it was a pleasant surprise when Yula answered him. The young woman didn’t seem too old for the boy, one sure she had dealt with many things in her life.

"Mhm, it reminds me of the Marshalls from the holobooks." he said. "Your life seems really exciting."

Definitely more exciting than his own; though he would have liked to have forgotten when NIO soldiers wanted to kill him three times already. Somehow he always managed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. His mother said he was just like his father at this question. Although now that the war is over maybe his life will be calmer. Unless he runs into people like Yula now who recognize him but are less friendly than the girl.

"Engineering, eh? It can be exciting, especially dealing with droids. Do you program them or do you just fix them?" he asked curiously; part of the programming was also of interest to him, the repair in particular not, although he also saw beauty in the design of droids and other electronic things.

He? This is the part where he better not say anything about he is interested in creating new species or Sithspawns. But, hey! These creatures are not necessarily evil, especially when it comes only to bio-engineering and no space magic.

"I? Pretty much everything… mainly natural sciences. Biology, including bio-engineering, genetics, molecular biology, bioinformatics. In addition, chemistry, math, computer science, and physics, including mainly astronomy and theoretical physics. I know this is a lot of it, but I haven’t decided yet which one I choose for university studies. Or maybe I should choose more majors…" in fact, he had great talent in all of them, the biggest advantage of his genetic anomaly. He didn't have a basic knowledge, Adrian had to learn everything, but he went quickly and soon saw the connections in these, he had the ability to do so. "I look like a terribly big nerd now, don't I?" he asked with a chuckle.

lqTDRqo.png

“I do both.” She answered after another sip. “Design, build, program, fix…not jut droids, but speeders too. Sometimes implants and artificial limbs—I made an arm once.” What Yula didn’t mention was how the majority of these ventures often ended in failure and explosions. Most of her designs took dozens of tries to even create a working prototype, and another few hundred hours before it was ready for production. And even then—many of them never made it off the drawing board.

Yula nursed the remainder of her drink while listening to Adrian delve further into what he studied. “The biggest.” She answered, matching his chuckle in pitch. She slid her empty glass onto the countertop and motioned for the bartender. “That must be a lot of class work to handle. I’ve only taken a few community courses in the ‘Rim for engineering.” The bartender arrived, and she requested a refill of her drink with a smile before returning her attention to the young man next to her.

“How do you handle all of that? You must have a favorite.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom