Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Hunt for One, Hundredth for Another {Aela}

Felucia. A large, strange planet, covered with bizarre plant-life and deadly creatures. Native species were aggressive, and hated outsiders. It was a perfect place for a criminal to hide from authorities. Only if he was strong enough to survive, that is. But some were willing to go farther then others to catch their prey. The Sith Empire did not tolerate betrayals, especially from someone like Former Agent Keith Tukat. Three weeks had been spent tracking the traitor down, leading to the discover of his location on Felucia. A bounty had been placed on Tukat, his coordinates broadcasted to various hunters. Despite that, the Empire had sent their own worker to the world, hoping to not have to pay anyone. Dishonest, but expected.

Jek'ai Cyin was the Agent sent there. An indentured servant, she owed the Empire her life, and greatly indebted to them. So here she was, stomping through the brush, hacking plants down, searching for a man who could very well kill her. Other hunters were on the world with her, though none seemed to be near her at the moment. In one hand she held a vibro-blade, in the other a small blaster. Her black trench coat was dripping wet, clinging to her body. Noise up ahead caught her attention, and she muttered a few curses through her mask. Hopefully it wouldn't be a rancor...
@Aela Kellov

Aela's ship had landed near one of the few streams in the area. She was lucky to find a decent spot to land given how dense this jungle world was. She made sure the defenses were up before exiting the cockpit of her Halo Assault Gunship, carrying her helmet with her at the time, and making her way towards the docking bay. Once she reached it she pushed the button to open the door and put her helmet on, securing it so that none of the toxins from this world would seep in. Her eyes were covered as well when she wore her helmet, but that for all the better in helping to scan the area for any sings of Keith Tukat.

Aela had taken this job as just another means of getting payment. She would always get work from this Sith but not in this way, with the bounty being broadcast to others. Either this guy had done something really bad and they wanted to make sure he couldn't go a foot into any system without being spotted, or maybe they just didn't really care. Regardless the target had picked a hell of a place to call "safe".

The scanners on her helmet picked up too many signs of life, mainly from the wildlife infesting the place. This wouldn't be easy, but she didn't mind. Most of her previous bounties she collected were the usual, unsatisfying catches, even the ones she had to bring back alive. Hopefully the fact of needed to do things more on foot would make it better. She began walking and making her way through the jungle, pushing past giant leaves yet trying to stay quite. Eventually she came to one point where a sensor on her wrist went off, indicating there was something approaching nearby. She pulled out a knife and looked about, finally hearing something nearby. Alea held the knife ready as she crept towards the source of the sound, ready to pounce on it.

@Jek'ai Cyin

Keeping low she moved forward slowly, eyes scanning the area. Light hit something in the distance, reflecting across the wet plants. Someone's armor, no doubt. Holding back a gasp Jek pushed a leaf down, trying to see who was there. Pieces of armor became visible, along with a knife... Jumping back Jek pointed her blaster at the plants, knowing the warrior could be charging through any second. Her blade cut through the leaves and branches, clearing a small path. The woman who appeared was obviously not Tukat. Of course it wouldn't be that easy... the agent thought, keeping her blaster level.

"Statement: Fellow hunter, no doubt. Inquiry: Chasing Tukat, are you? Suggestion: Avoid rancors, they'll crush you easily," she said, imitating the popular vocal programming of assassin droids. The mask that covered her face altered her voice, and could sound like a droid. Something told Jek that the girl wouldn't exactly like another hunter being there with her. Pretending to be a droid (HRD maybe?) was odd, but could be... helpful. Perhaps not, but she would have to take the chance. Lowering her blade she kept her gun, close, in case she had to shoot.
@Aela Kellov

When first hearing the voice Aela reached for one of her own blaster with her free right hand and aimed it before seeing who was talking. Her mask made her sound like a droid yet Aela could tell she was human, or at least something similar enough to human. When she went on mentioning "fellow hunter" and chasing after Tukat Aela still kept her blaster on her. If she was after Tukat as well then she didn't want any competition.

After she mentioned not running into rancors, Aela said "Yeah? Well I'll keep that in mind next time I'm hunting one. Right now I'm looking for Tukat and I don't need any rancors, or posers like you, getting in my way."

The helmet she wore made her voice sound like ti came from a speaker, which was understandable. Her entire head was covered, which she thought better should anything happen where this girl would end up wanting to pick a bone with her in the future. No face to look for would make it harder to find her.

@Jek'ai Cyin

Poser? Hardly. Frowning under her mask,Jek stood up fully, letting the woman she her real height. Which happened to be six feet and two inches. The boots she was wearing added almost another inch. So whoever this woman was, she was now standing in front of a hulking figure, staring into two red dots that marked the mask's eyes. "Tukat is elusive. We have been hunting him for weeks now. Do not underestimate him- or others you meet on his trail. There are at least two others on the planet looking for him. Luckily for you, they are not near here. But Tukat will know they have arrived. He will be watching. And he will kill you before you get a glimpse of the barrel of his rifle. There is more about him the the Empire revealed. Be wary. Oh, and if you call me a poser again, I will take your skull with both my hands, and crush it." She said, tipping her head to the side. Turning to leave she cut down a few more leaves, growling out another set of curses. If the girl tried to shoot at her... well, Jek would fight back. Having less armor then the other woman was a bit of a disadvantage, but that did not mean that she did not stand a chance. Plus, with her Zeltron pheromones kicking in, the hunter could get a tad distracted... depending on how well the filters on her helmet worked.
@Aela Kellov

Aela huffed when the girl gave her threat. True she was a bit taller than her, but Aela had fought taller, and tougher, and only came out with a few bruises. "Try it. See how far you get before I put on right in between your eyes." When she started walking away from her Aela put both her knife and her blaster back in their holsters. She watched as she walked away before turning to her own wrist scanner on her armor and trying to get another signal. She walked around for a bit before picking something else up. Activating her jet-pack she blasted off into the air, away from the girl and towards the south.

The signal she picked up lead her towards a large tree that stood out among most of the other plant-life. Just as she came close a shoot sounded in the jungle and hit her jet-pack. She went tumbling through the air, managing to grab hold of one of the tree branches before hitting the ground. She slipped from it and hit another, falling off hit before managing to grab better hold of another branch and lifting herself up. she breated hard as she'd felt the wind almost knocked from her.

"Well, well, well." someone above said, making her look up. "What have we got here?" Aela saw it was a phidian, with a sniper rifle over his shoulder and a large blaster in both hands pointed at her. "I may not be able to see the face, but I never forget armor, or a body, like that Kellov."

"Resker." Aela said, as if saying high to an old friend. "It's been too long. You're not still mad about me taken that big bounty from you, right?"
"No, I just shot you out of the sky and I'm holding a blaster to your head because I'm expressing my feelings for you. What do you think? And now you're hear trying to take another one from me. Well not this time. Now I got the drop on you!"

@Jek'ai Cyin

Heading to the west, Jek listened closely. Threatening someone usually pissed them off, and she didn't want to get shot in the back. Or crushed by a rancor... luckily the latter make lots of noise, and definitely are hard to miss. Natives were quicker, but not very smart. I like my chances. They won't be catching me by surprise, she thought. Before she could get far she heard a shot that echoed around the forest. First she brushed it off as a hunter fighting an animal of some sort... but she knew it could be her target. Swearing for the thousandth time that afternoon she turned, heading towards the sound. Putting both her sword and pistol away she pulled out a second, larger gun. A beautiful blaster rifle, pointed directly towards the noise. Walking as quietly as she could Jek watched very closely, waiting for any sign of another hunter or Tukat.

A voice caught her attention, probably only a few yards away by this point. Staying low she advanced, raising the rifle. Entering a miniature clearing she held in a gasp. The woman from before was on the ground, a man standing by her, looking very, very angry. Quickly Jek put her blaster up, firing a shot that would hopefully hit the man in the knee. It wasn't Keith, but it was better to eliminate at least one member of your competition then let them all get away.
@Aela Kellov

Resker was about to fire before Jek had fired and hit his knee. He screamed badly before falling out and thudding against the ground. Aela looked back to see it was the girl from before who'd fired. For a moment she looked at her, surprised that she'd saved her, before hearing Resker curse at both of them and aim his gun towards Jek. On instinct Aela pulled her blaster and fired, hitting him right in the skull.

Aela turned back to Jek, putting her blaster away, and said "I had it under control you know. You...you didn't have to do that." She was still taking in the fact she'd saved her.

@Jek'ai Cyin

Taking a few steps forward she looked around, checking the surroundings to see if anyone else was around. When she convinced they were alone, she strapped her blaster back onto her back and walked over to the woman, who's name she still didn't know. "Possibly. But it was better to be sure he'd be knocked out of the game. However, you owe me one small favor... What's your name?" She asked, letting a smirk overtake her features. And though the woman wouldn't be able to see it, Jek had a mischievous look in her eyes. Typical of the human/Zeltron mix. Waiting for a response she pulled her mask off, revealing her purple-tinted skin and yellow eyes. Along with the piercing on her lip, of course. The air on Felucia wasn't the best, but she'd be able to survive for some time without a respirator or breath mask.
@Aela Kellov

Aela was a bit surprised by her offer. Even more so when she took off the mask and revealed herself. Aela had to admit she did look rather nice, cute even. But she wasn't the first hot alien woman to cross paths with. Aela considered taking off her helmet but didn't want to risk either being sick from the air or if this was some trick the girl was playing on her. All she did was tap one of the controls on her wrist that lifted the visor of the helmet over her eyes, revealing two dark brown ones looking at her.

"Kellov." she said, naming herself. "It's my last name. Not first. You want that, you'll have to try extra hard." She tapped the control to set the visor back the way it was before looking down at Resker's body. "Guess that means one less for the bounty." She looked back to her and said "Guess it'll help if we work together on this. When it's done we can split the take? Sound fair?" After she gave her answer she pointed to Resker's body and said "You might want to take some of his gear. No offense but you're going to need more then a blaster and blade."

@Jek'ai Cyin

Kellov... Didn't ring a bell. With a nod Jek'ai moved to the corpse, looking over what he had on him. A few grenades, various knives, a few blasters, and minor armor. It hadn't been enough to save him, of course. Strapping her new weapons to her belt she stepped back, placing the mask back on her face. Quietly she pulled her hood up, letting it frame her face. Then she stretched her arms out, letting out a breath as she did. "You can have all the pay. I work directly for the Empire, they won't be paying me for this, just a tiny bit for my time. Let's just say I... owe them for something. Call me Jek'ai. First name. If you want my last, you'll have to try extra hard," she joked, winking at Kellov under the mask. Pointing towards the west opened her mouth to speak again. "We last caught sight of him over there, nearly a kilometer away. Best to start there and look around." Without waiting for a response she pulled her blade out and started hacking her way through the jungle.
@Aela Kellov

Alea nodded and started following Jek'ai as she chopped through the jungles. She would've flown but given how damaged her jet-pack now was walking was the only option. She simply followed while glancing back behind them now-and-then to make sure they weren't followed. There was still one other hunter out here, not to mention whatever creatures were waiting to pounce on them, and whatever Tukat might ave had waiting for them.

"So you're with the empire?" she asked as they kept walking. "I tend to just do jobs for them when they don't want to get their hands dirty. What's your story? Why do you owe so much to them?"

@Jek'ai Cyin

For a moment Jek paused, staring at the space in front of her. Most of the time she didn't enjoy speaking of her past- especially with strangers. It wasn't that the memories made her uncomfortable. No, it was simply that in her mind the past was the past. She had learned her lessons, there was no reason to continue to dwell on it. But figuring that conversation would help pass the time she decided to make an exception this time. Continuing to walk, she gave a short explanation of her history and time with the Empire.

"Pretty simple really. Once I turned 15 I was kidnapped. Then sold into slavery. I worked under a variety of people for eight years, including a cannibal, a few sadists, a hutt, and the like. A few months ago Sith raided my master's home, killing him for betraying them. One of the Darths made me an offer: Join the Empire, working under them, or be killed. I accepted, and have been doing their dirty work since. Hunting Tukat is my latest job. They pulled me away from assisting a mad woman for it. Which isn't exactly a bad thing," she said, shrugging at the end.
@Aela Kellov

Hearing her story, Aela was quite when Jek spoke. She could understand going through a lot of tough times, being that it was how most of her childhood went, and even needing to do what you needed to to get by, most of her adulthood. She'd done a number of things she wasn't proud of and had to hire herself out to the worst bunch, making her sympathize with Jek a little. "Guess we've both done what we needed to survive." she said before seeing something ahead. She grabbed Jek's shoulder and said "Get down."

When both were down she crept forward and moved two large leaves aside. In front of them was a small hut, metal yet durable looking. A fence was erected around it and there was enough room for a small yard between the fence and the hut. Aela titled her head towards Jek and said "Guess we found Tukat." She examined the area and said "The yard's likely filled with traps. I can see a motion camera on the roof of the hut. The fence is probably electric. And there's no telling what kind of firepower Tukat's got in there with him. This is going to be....interesting."

@Jek'ai Cyin

Quietly Jek looked over the hut, taking in the more important details. As suggested she got down, lowering herself to the ground. Slowly she started formulating a plan- one that would only be successful if they worked together. Turning to Kellov she started to explain, talking in a light whisper. "I've got an idea. That man back there had a few grenades on 'em. You take a few, and I'll walk up to a higher vantage point. On my signal you activate one and throw it into the hut. By then I'll have my rifle out and pointed at the hut. If he trees to escape, I blow his head off. Empire wants him dead after all. If he doesn't come out, I'll blow the camera up and try to find whatever powers the fence. You should move right after throwing the grenade, keeping the hut in at least partial sight. Once that's done we'll approach, using shots and grenades to trigger any traps. Afterwards we'll check to see if he's dead inside and/or retrieve his body. If he's not there, we'll try to fix it up a bit, and wait for him to return. Sound good?" She asked, looking at the hunter.
@Aela Kellov

Aela nodded before saying "On thing though, I'll take the camera. I've got a better chance of hitting it and you don't want to waste a good shot on secuirty." Once they were agreed Aela made her way over to a high vantage point. She found a tree close enough to be high and oversee the hut and yard. She waited until Jek gave the signal before pulling a blaster at and shooting at the camera. The first shot missed but the second managed to hit, obviously alerting their target inside. That was all the better. She threw down three grenades towards the hut and waited for Jek to finish him off, once it was done she'd have more grenades ready in case.

@Jek'ai Cyin

Having moved as well, Jek'ai was in the perfect spot to fire at the entrance to the hut. Pointing her rifle (the one she had taken from her kill) at the doorway she waited for any signs of life. As grenades went off they triggered a few traps, one of which exploded near the edge of the fence, slamming the planks down. Something scrambled inside the hut, making quite a racket. It might be Tukat, it might not. A woman left the hut, snapping her head around as she looked for what had shot the place up. Her shirt was half off, and her hair was quite a mess. "Oh shi-" Jek started, pausing as a second figure emerged, trying to drag the girl back inside. Lining up her weapon the agent put the male in her sights, taking a split second to identify him. Keith Tukat, former intelligence officer for the Imperials. Pulling the trigger Jek waited to see if- yes. The man's hand shot up to his neck right before he fell to the ground. Blood splattered onto the female as she screamed. Hesitating the Zeltron wondered whether or not to fire at her... in the end she left it up to Kellov and pushed her way towards the hut, keeping her weapon pointed at the unknown woman.
@Aela Kellov

The woman, whoever she was, kept running away from the body of Tukat only to head right into the field of traps. Aela tried to call out but it was too late, the girl had tried over a hidden wire and into a covered pit with sharpened sticks at the bottom. Aela shook her head as she watched the girl fall in before sighing and climbing back down to Jek. When she did she used her blaster to shot a way through the fence to recover Tukat's body. Before they did she looked down the pit and saw what was left of the girl, she saying "Don't know who she was....but I feel sorry for her if all she was is just some girl Tukat had the misfortune of dragging into all this." Looking back to their prize she said "Come on. Let's take what we need to back. Do the Sith want the whole thing or should we just take back a saber or something?" she asked Jek, since she knew the sith better.

@Jek'ai Cyin

Staring down at the girl Jek let out a sigh. While she was used to death, she preferred there being a reason to one's demise. The girl was likely just a play toy of Tukat's, someone to keep him company... Shaking her head she turned back to Keith's corpse, taking a few steps closer. "They'll want his Imperial I.D. card. It let's him access certain areas and files, there's no way he would have gotten rid of it. Just in case we could take his head as well, as proof he's dead and not just temporarily subdued. His neck is already partially separated from the rest of his body..." she said, referencing where the bolt had hit him. Leaning down she started searching his pockets, trying to find what they were looking for.
@Aela Kellov

Aela leaned against the doorway to the hut and waited until Jek retrieved what she needed from him. Once it was done she asked "So....you got a ride back home or you need a lift? I've got a ship parked nearby if you're interested." Aela was genuinely curious to see if Jek wanted a ride, being that she was interested to learn a little more about her. She found it very odd that she did and yet Jek had helped her on a job, not something she ordinarily accepted, or wanted, from others. It felt odd, sort of like doing something really embarrassing for the first time and yet really likening that you did it."

@[member="Jek'ai Cyin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom