Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private First Assignment: Anneliese

Bastion
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Anneliese Anneliese

Valery felt the Force swirl around Anneliese.

Perhaps there was some tension about being stalked and having to confront whoever was after them, but it didn't really show anymore. She seemed almost too eager to engage and prove herself. Valery watched for now, concluding it to be harmless as long as she didn't throw herself into too much danger. She was still a young Padawan, after all, and Valery wouldn't ever want her to end up in danger she couldn't possibly handle on her own.

With a burst of speed, Anneliese jumped the man and used the main advantage she had over him — the Force. Its strength became her own, as she threw him against the wall, causing his blaster to fall from its holster. By the time he was able to scramble to hands and knees, the redhead was already right there with him, lightsaber ignited and extended to warn him.

He made no move.

"Well done, Padawan." Valery joined her and raised a hand to summon the blaster into her hand, just to be safe. She tossed it away, then looked down at the man to hear his answer.

"To keep your kind away. We know you're here now," he said with a grin, hoping to instill fear into the Jedi's hearts with this indirect threat.

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

It was a feeling like no other — “Well done, Padawan.” — how long she had yearned to hear those words from a Master, and not just during a training scenario — but because she had done something worthy of that praise, because she herself had been seen. Her eyes flicked towards Val, as a smirk curled on her face — Anneliese unable to hide her enthusiasm at her comment.

“A Padawan? You only won because you caught me by surprise. You’d never take me in a one on one fight.” The man snarled at her… hoping he might lure the inexperienced youngling to call his bluff — his side side catching Valery, trying to size her up.

But Anneliese — as eager as she was to help, as eager as she was to show others she could hold her own was not stupid. “Nice try — but no dice.” Her lightsaber didn’t budge an inch as the blade hummed just mere inches from his torso, her body tense as she stared him down, feeling the rage and murderous intent he gave off — it sent chills down her back. “I’m curious Val — if the codes we had for landing didn’t tie us with the Order, how’d he know what and who we were?” Her eyes kept locked on the man as he simply gave a false smile — her brain processing what facts she had, trying to come up with an answer.

Outer Rim
div-orange.png

"That's a good question," Valery replied after watching the exchange between the man and Anneliese. The Padawan had received another proud smile for resisting this thug's baiting, but it was her question that Valery focused on the most. This man knew they were Jedi, it seemed, and there were only so many ways for him to figure that out. Maybe he was Force-sensitive as well, or he had somehow gotten intel from someone about this trip.

Or maybe he was just lucky.

"It's possible he was tasked to just keep an eye out on new arrivals. But... that's no easy job." Too many people came in and out of the spaceport to track them all, so what had made the Jedi stand out?

"Either way, if he knows, others might know as well and will come looking for him. We should relocate and get to questioning him."

Keeping an eye out for new arrivals — this man was most likely a scout or a spotter — he would keep watch and follow what they considered to be high value or prime ‘product’ — this made her stomach knot up, it was sickening, and a small snarl formed across her face as she stood staring the man down. Accessing the man in front of her she knew he’d already had one blaster he tried to use on them, which meant the possibility of holdout blasters or knives were a very real possibility too. Taking a deep breath in and out to center herself, Anneliese spoke. “You heard the lady… It’d be rude not to listen to a request. Now let’s —…” Her saber which had been firmly on the man the entire time sparked and the blade cut out as the emitter failed — her heart fell to her stomach as the man grinned and in a flash reached and pulled a knife with his right hand, lunging for Anneliese.

Time slowed to the millisecond as her heart thudded in her body — her skin burning with a fire that consumed and clawed away at her mind consuming her thoughts, he wanted to kill her, he wanted to kill then— it was just like before… but this time, it wasn’t fear overtook her, she was angry — Why?… Why were there people like this? How she responded to this moment, here and now mattered — this was a defining moment and she knew deep down, she could be courageous… She could be brave.

As time sped back into frame, in her own mind — Anneliese side stepped left, parrying the knife lunge and with the aide of the force, she rotated her body and with her left delivered a powerful haymaker into the man’s cheek “Chaaa!!!!” The young Padawan verbally shouting unable to contain her emotions, lifting him up and launching him off into the dirt of the alley way, passed out cold. She was a Firecracker. Hands shaking violently from the adrenaline spikes, Anneliese picked up her saber as she looked down at it, and then shyly towards Val… it was her saber that caused the opportunity to allow the man to react — but then, no sooner than she did, she knelt to the ground and threw the contents of her stomach up, her body crashing from the hormone release, a wave of cold coming over her — but as she sat knelt — hand wiping her face, she couldn’t help but grin, she’d done it. She’d been brave.

Outer Rim
div-orange.png

The second Anneliese's lightsaber disengaged, Valery felt a shift in the Force.

The man took his last chance of escape, and drew a knife while he lunged at the Padawan. Valery could have ended his life in an instant right then and right there, and part of her was ready to do so. The only thing that stopped her was Anneliese herself, and the brief projection of her presence in the Force as it happened. Valery no longer felt that spike of fear, and instead watched the feisty redhead deliver justice with one quick attack.

"Chaaa!!!!"

Valery blinked and winced on the man's behalf when the haymaker landed and knocked him out. He was given no time to recover either, as she threw him back into the wall with a surge of Force energy. His unconscious body fell to the floor, and Valery was left standing with her mouth open just a little bit.

This girl had some fire in her.

"Are you-" Before she could finish her sentence, Anneliese fell to hands and knees and threw up. Valery was quick to rush to her side, and crouched down low to place a hand on her back, "Oh dear, just take it easy," she said with a soft, almost motherly tone. "Let it all out and take deep breaths, okay? Everything is going to be alright." Valery wasn't going to let anybody hurt her or catch her by surprise.

"You did well. I'm proud of you."

Feeling Valery place her hand on her back, both comforting and calming, Anneliese focused on breathing in and out as her body shivered — her stomach burning from the upheaving, but as the Padawan sat knelt over, hand wiping her mouth off, Anni grinned at Val, giving her side eye. “That felt good — glad to see my practice is paying off.” Her grin got wider, but this was the truth — Anneliese where others stopped for the day often put in an exorbitant amount of time after all had gone home, to the point of obsession at times — everything done with singleness of mind, never wavering on the goal she had set… to be chosen by a Master, and to become a Jedi, one worthy of the title. These solitary convictions kept Anneliese going, drove her even when she felt like giving up — and on a moment like today… it made it all worth it. Looking over at the man laying passed out in the alley, face now bruising from the impact, she shook her head.

Standing up, and reaching in her satchel Anneliese pulled out a canteen of water, tagging a swig so she could swish it around in her mouth, and then ultimately spit it out. Wiping her mouth off again, and then putting the canteen back in her pouch, Anneliese held her hand out and summoned her saber to it. Looking down at it, the saber based off of the burning on the side was visually inoperable. Looking up at Val, she spoke. “I promise I take care of my lightsabre Master — but this is still the training saber given to us as Learners, I haven’t had the chance to build my own — I don’t have any others — the emitter is shot, and in worried the projection lens maybe be damaged too — what am I doing to do?” The saber was definitely older, well worn and in desperate need of retrofitting, and — the young girls stress was heard, she knew and understood the importance their sabers held.

Outer Rim
div-orange.png

"It was a good hit," Valery said with a grin for the young redhead in return. As much as Valery preferred not to have to harm anybody, seeing someone get knocked out after drawing a knife like that was... oddly satisfying. Especially when it was a Padawan doing it to protect herself.

It made her very proud, and Anneliese wasn't even her Padawan.

...yet.

Standing back up, Valery carefully watched the young girl to make sure she was okay. That, and to offer her protection in case anybody else decided to cause trouble. Anneliese could clearly protect herself when she needed to, but the protective side of Valery wasn't one to mess with either. "You can't be using that lightsaber during this mission anymore. It's too much of a risk," Valery agreed and as a result, she removed one of her two lightsabers from her belt. "You'll be using one of mine. Be careful because the blades of my lightsaber cut a bit better, and the guards around the emitter make the weight balance a little strange for most."

She offered it to the girl and smiled, "Treat it as if it's your own lightsaber and return it to me once we've completed our mission, alright?"

She paused, hard — Looking at the saber offered to her in front of her, she sat there and took it — the weight of the saber felt different. Anneliese stood there giving it a few graceful criss-crosses in the air, her mind accessing what her capability would be with it. The length of the design was no where near the same as her training saber, but rather a bit longer. Activating the switch, the violet blade ignited from the hilt as she took a sharp breath and then let it out — her jade green eyes fixed on it as the metaphorical weight of wielding an actual saber dawned on her.

Looking back at Valery, she deactivated the saber, and took another deep breath, giving her a smile of gratitude. “I’ll guard it with my life - i promise.” She felt honored that Val would entrust something this important to her, and it felt like this massive responsibility but she wasn’t afraid of it, if anything she almost felt as if somehow Valery was even more with her as she held the saber, regardless of her standing right by her side. Tucking the saber away, Anneliese looked over at the man, motioning with her head as she spoke. “So — what are we gonna do with sleeping beauty over there?”

Outer Rim
div-orange.png

"I know you'll be careful with it," Valery said with a smile and a hand on her shoulder. "But it's not worth your life, alright?" These lightsabers have been with Valery for a very long time, but she didn't care about them that much. She'd certainly not expect someone to get seriously hurt just to return them to her. "I'll be happy if you're unharmed at the end of this mission, and that we've completed our tasks."

She paused and withdrew her hand.

"As for our friend here, let's tie him up. He'll be found soon enough, but it should give us some time to get away." It was still a risk, but she wasn't going to kill this man or leave him somewhere to die. Dragging him back to contain him on the ship wasn't an option either — it'd draw a lot of unwanted attention at the spaceport.

"Can you scout ahead for me? Check the street and see if the way to the local market is clear. That's where I want to head next." While Anneliese did that, Valery began to tie up the unconscious thug. She left him behind a dumpster, out of view from down the street, but if someone were to walk by, they'd see him.

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Anneliese gave another soft smile and nodded as she did her best to contain her emotions. Nodding her head at Valery, the young Padawan reached inside her satchel and pulled out a bundle of triple braided rope. Kneeling down, Anneliese went to work tightly and strategically securing the man’s feet and limbs together. Standing up and dusting her legs off her eyes narrowed and once again, on cue she followed Val’s orders to a ‘t’.

To this point in the mission, this young girl had a temper and ferocity like a Krayt, she picked up quick, followed orders, and when she couldn’t instinctively pick up on a skill she committed hours of work to learning it — which had been noted in her file at the Order — the biggest mystery was however, why she’d been yet to be picked.

Poking her head around the corner she scanned the route to her right and then the market to her left. It was quick, but then, she saw it again. One heavily armed man scanning the market pushed, pulled and shoved people until five more appeared — all the while they questioned people making their way across the square. She bit her lip as the words instantly came out her mouth, her fists tightening. “Chit.” Turning around, and in a hurried manner, her freckled face flushed and her eyes expressing the worry on her mind. “Master — it’s not good. Six heavily armed men are making their way across the square to our 10 o’clock — I doubt it’s a coincidence.”

Outer Rim
div-orange.png

While Valery helped Anneliese to tie up the thug, she watched as well. From the corners of her eyes, she looked at the young redhead and couldn't help but smile. Now that they were in the thick of it together, she was focused and made no real mistakes. She learned quickly, followed orders and offered her own thoughts exactly the way a Jedi Padawan should.

Why would she ever doubt herself?

With a request to look ahead, Valery continued dealing with the captured thug. But even then, she kept her eyes on Anneliese, almost protectively so. She was strong and capable, but nothing could really shake that desire to protect deep within the Jedi Master. Padawans were just far too important to her.

"Chit."

Valery perked up when she overheard the Padawan, and dipped her head, "Yeah, they're looking for their missing man here. Let's get moving." She waved Anneliese over and started moving down the other side of the alleyway. Eventually, those people would find their missing person, but the two Jedi had plenty of time.

"We're heading for the market. I'll buy something there to help us conceal our appearance, and we'll go from there."

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Instinctively as the two began to make their way back and around the corner into the market Anneliese hugged and clung to Valery’s side. Ever so vigilantly her eyes scanned her field of vision — her mind reached out to her surroundings — her stomach formed a pit, something was at work, something was fixing to take place.

Merchants, bystanders, homeless all filled the market and allowed the two to move in unison with all those around them. Vendors aggressively attempted to sell various items, both harmless and of questionable morality to them both as Valery led the way — but in the back of her mind something gnawed at her. Reaching out through the force, Anni spoke to Val. << Master, where are we going? I — I have an uneasy feeling… almost as if we are being watched, or — as if, something is stalking us. >> Anni knew feelings were deceitful, easily leading one astray… but something in her gut, something in her nature as a predator herself couldn’t help but to feel like something larger was at work — but what that was eluded her, but looking at Val she knew, she would have answers, she would have a plan.

HAIuSyi.png

<We're going to have to lay low.> It wasn't an answer she wanted to give, but it was the safest thing. They had already been followed once on this planet, and with that lingering feeling in the Force, it was reasonable to assume that they weren't in the clear just yet. They needed some appropriate clothes to not stand out, and they'd need a place where they could stay, or even spend the night if necessary.

Valery had brought the credits for it.

<I've felt like this only once before, and it's when someone set me up. I won't allow that kind of threat to reach you.> She kept Anneliese close and her tone was very protective now. This assignment was a chance for the redhead to show what she could do, but she still needed to make it back in one piece.

"Here, take this hat, sweetie." Valery spoke to her like a daughter, and offered the hat she picked up at a market stall. "Pick out some clothes you like, too. But stay close, alright?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom