Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firemane Industries and Technology Storefront

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]
It'll spread us thin for a bit along with the other contracts I'm securing for the moment, but we're more than capable. Depending on how things go with what we're planning for those weapon platforms, we might buy more or snag a contract.

Call 1-800-FINNEGAN Today!
[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

An encrypted communication flashes on Tegaea's personal datapad...

Ms. Alcori,

I require the following merchandise, delivered quickly and without drawing any unneeded attention. A deposit of 200,000 credits has been forwarded to your account. Please contact me should any issues arise.

- F. Finnegan

P.s: Keep the change as a show of good faith for future transactions.

List Follows;

Anti-Force User Grenade Series - 10,000 for a box of 10. Based on pre-Collapse Galactic Empire tech courtesy of Hevana Martin, these grenades are meant to be more effective against forcers through a mechanism that ensures that any change in acceleration causes them to explode, while at the same time they are wired to only detonate after reaching a safe distance from the thrower, thus making them more difficult for those pesky telekinesis masters to stop. Has four types: Frag, incendiary, gas and flash.

Amount Needed: Three boxes of each type.

MkI Bolter - 1500 credits each. Firemane's signature weapon. Lethal combat weapon with a variety of special ammunition. Excellent against Force users.

Amount Needed: One

Eaters - 75,000 for a box of 10. Acquired by Firemane during the collapse of the Sith Empire, these grenades release aggressive, hungry parasites that literally eat and chew through armour at rapid speed. Production is very limited at present.

Amount Needed: One Box (if still available.)

List Ends.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Finnegan"]
Tegaea read the message, frowned.

An unknown person had pre-paid, and greatly overpaid as well. It was good, but it was also extremely suspicious.

“Siobhan, can you please come up here and see this?” she commed her wife.

When [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] arrived she showed her the message and transaction.

“They money’s there, but I’m concerned it’s from an illegal source.”

She thought of something and sent a message back to her mysterious buyer.

Mr Finnegan,

Thank you for your order. I am very slightly concerned about the origin of the money. We are a reputable business and do not deal in illegal transactions of any kind. Can you please give me an official institution’s record or a contact from such a person I can verify this deal with? I hope you understand that this is both for my safety, and that of my company and employees.

Yours sincerely,
Tegaea Alcori

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

To her credit Siobhan was actually punctual - well, she always was when her wife called - and so she was soon in Tegaea's office, having before spent some time on the shooting range, blowing off steam from paperwork by...blowing things up. Yes, this writer is making lame puns but in their defence it's late here! She leaned over the table as she stood next to her wife, cocking her head slightly as she looked over the datapad.

"Yeah, offer's lucrative, but looks extremely suspicious. Don't have any leads on the customer that could give a hint. Last thing we want is some criminal gang or Sithies getting their hands on the goods," she spoke after she had handed the datapad back. Admittedly Siobhan was a good deal less moral than Tegaea in many situations, but she had some very ironclad ideological views.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Finnegan saw the little red light on the comm display of his ship begin to flash, and with a cigar firmly chomped between his teeth, tapped the screen, expecting good news. As he read, he chuckled a bit, ashing his stogie. He was actually counting on this, but still, one never knew in this galaxy.

Tapping on the virtual keypad, he sent the following message in reply;

Ms. Alcori,

I can understand your position, and had you sold to me without a background check of any sort, I might have been suspicious myself. I've attached files regarding my assets as per requested, as I am held 'On Retainer' by the Abrion Systems Authority. This can be verified by contacting Mr. [member="Salem Norongachi"] should you so desire. I carry quite a hefty retainer, as it were. On a side-note, should you require any work done yourself, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

- F. Finnegan

[member="Finnegan"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Unfortunately, Firemane had certain nations it did not do business with. It operated within Protectorate space - indeed, Siobhan and Tegaea had led that country once and their adopted homeworld, Kaeshana, was a Protectorate member state. The ASA - or CIS, as they had once been called - was at war with the Protectorate. They had also recently pulled a Malak on one of their own planets, Druckenwell.

Siobhan had personally fought them there and tried to avert the disaster when the Feds brought their own shipyard down. "He's CIS. ASA, whatever they call themselves. Ridiculous. We don't sell to their sort," clear contempt and venom could be heard dripping from Siobhan's words. In her eyes there was no difference between the ASA and Sith, and she happened to be all about hating Sith. "Good that you checked."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], [member="Finnegan"]

Tegaea didn’t argue the point at all. Although being Neutral Good was bad for business at times, she would rather lose a customer than sell to someone she considered morally reprehensible. Arms manufacturing was likely not the best trade for her to be in with that attitude, but there it was.

Mr Finnegan,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, Protectorate law forbids me from trading with an employed or retained member of the ASA. Even were it not so, I would likely not approve this transaction because of your allegiance. If you cut ties with ASA or work with one of our allies then we can talk. Until then, I bid you good day.

Tegaea Alcori

Tegaea showed it to her wife and hit Send. “Bad for business, but I’d rather than be poor than help anyone working for the CIS after what happened at Druckenwell,” she said.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

As a matter of fact, selling to the ASA would be bad for business because it would constitute treason. Since Firemane was only licensed to sell equipment that had once been Protectorate property if the sale did not go to clients who happened to be hostile to it. Besides, Siobhan was terribly fond of Naboo and it was being invaded at present.

However, Siobhan did not mention that, for she had resolved to rant less. "We have lots of other clients. Deserving ones. You're doing a good job," she gave Tegaea a pat on the shoulder and then sat down in one of the plush leather chairs. She frowned slightly when she noticed that there was lots of paperwork waiting for her! Ah, well, it seemed like she had to...do some actual work.

Finnegan didn't even have to leave the comm terminal before another reply was made to him. He read it, and sighed lightly. He should have guessed this would have happened. He couldn't fault someone for their allegiance, or choosing not to do business with someone because of it. He actually admired it, being a former soldier himself. Loyalty and personal values were far and fleeting in this day and age. Ashing his stogie once more, Finnegan tapped the screen, and replied in kind.

Ms. Alcori,

I am saddened to hear that we cannot do business whilst I am 'on retainer' for the Abrion Systems Authority. However, you have much stock that I find not only desirable, but necessary in my line of work. So much so that I am willing to drop my retainer status with the A.S.A. My standard retainer states clearly that there is a non-refundable 40k cr. surcharge should my services be terminated by either party involved. Regardless of this, I am still keen to do business with you. That said;

What is it *I* can do for *you* so that we might enjoy a long, healthy business relationship?

- F. Finnegan

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Finnegan"], [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea was about to shoo her wife away to her paperwork when another reply came through.

“Seems like he is only on retainer – not actually worked for them yet. Perhaps he could be an asset for us, or for the Protectorate?”
She considered carefully. She had no problems with mercenaries, but the key was to make sure that this man wasn’t a setup or a plant.

Mr Finnegan,

Your persistence is impressive. If indeed you have not yet performed services for the ASA and are willing to terminate your contract, we are possibly willing to sell to you. This would require a background check and holo-call interview. If that goes well then we may have some jobs for you to undertake as well.

Please reply with your thoughts,

Tegaea Alcori

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Finnegan was in the middle of cleaning one of his KD-30 Dissuader slugthrowers when the commlink began flashing again. Setting down his tools, he lumbered back to the comm, bringing the message up.

"Nothing if not punctual. More than I can say for some."

Reading the reply, the muscular mercenary grinned wide, stubbing out the stogie he'd been smoking. Cracking a knuckle or two, he sat down in the extra large chair at the comm-station, and tapped out a reply.

Ms. Alcori,

I'm glad to hear I've made a positive impression. My retainer with the Abrion Systems Authority will be rescinded within the hour. I have attached an encrypted file containing my business line. I find it a necessary precaution for my potential employers as well as myself.

I look forward to our next communication.

- F. Finnegan

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Finnegan"]
Mr Finnegan,

I look forward to talking with you. Sending an invitation, please confirm timing and if acceptable we shall talk then.

Tegaea Alcori

It was in a thoughtful mood that Tegaea sent the message and rose. “That went very differently to what I expected. We’ll talk to him, he might be an asset and an important customer. A trained mercenary is nothing to sneeze at…provided he’s clean.”

(Starting an IC thread in private RPs.)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Tegaea Alcori"]
Dear Alcori
I've been looking for a pet for my daughter and she has dropped more than a few hints about wanting a certain furball creature native to Kaeshana. In short my daughter wants a Jester.
-Corek

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Noah Corek"]
Mr Corek,

Thank you for your interest in our Jesters. However, we haven't quite been cleared for purchase, so I ask you to wait a few more days, and then we can accomodate you.

Tegaea

(The company which sells Jesters is Pending Approved and I'll be doing a new storefront for them. When you see that go up post your request there. Thanks!)

An encrypted message coming from the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter, Vilaz Munin, was sent to one of the high executives of Firemane Industries, and says in the following:

Dear Ms. Alcori,

While I've been doing my business as a bounty hunter and turning in Sith fugitives to justice I am in need of some of your products; therefore, I wish to buy one box of your famous anti-force user grenades, and nothing else for the moment.

Sincerely,

Vilaz Munin.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] [member=Siobhan Kerrigan]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Vilaz Munin"]
Thank you for your patronage, Mr Munin, that comes to 10,000 credits.
Good luck with your job, contact us if you need any more of our products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom