Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire for the Firemane (Taryc formal intro to Firemane)

Taryc had zoned out for a minute, and when she came back to herself, Elpsis was there.

"What did I do? Are you ok?" She asked, there were the beginnings of tears in her eyes, but it was obvious from the smile on her face at seeing Elpsis so near, that they were happy tears. She stood, her knees a little wobbly as she held onto Elpsis for support. The room around her looked brighter, cleaner than it had before. Nothing had moved, nothing had really changed, just that it all looked better. The sweat was still fresh on her skin, but her heartbeat and breathing normalized as she looked around. Her eyes were wide, as if she were seeing everything for the first time.

She looked at Elpsis and opened her mind to her partner, letting her feel the experience she had just had. It wasn't a power she consciously thought of, more just felt the bond that was forming between them and willed her mind open to Elpsis's view.

[member="elpsis elaris"]

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

"Yeah, I'm fine. You sure you're ok?" Elpsis looked very relieved as she helped Taryc up, stabilising the older woman since her legs seemed a bit wobbly. "Your aura it's...beautiful. Radiant. You look like you're...glowing," the words left her lips as rapidly as blaster bolts leap out of the barrel of a repeating blaster.

"Taryc...I think you just blasted yourself - and the whole room for that matter - with holy light. Force Light. She blessed you." The spew of words was probably a wee bit confusing for the former Primeval Inquisitor. Nothing in the room had changed per se, but it felt different. Purer. Tranquil.

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

"I'm exhausted, but I feel....great!" She replied, flexing her fingers as if feeling them for the first time. "I...I don't know what just happened..."

Elpsis Elaris said:
"Taryc...I think you just blasted yourself - and the whole room for that matter - with holy light. Force Light. She blessed you."
"She?" Taryc asked, turning towards her lover with curiosity in her eyes. "I know you are spiritual, but we've never spoken about it...what is this blessing you speak of?" She looked around the room, and felt her extreme calm and her face went pale while she smiled and chuckled. "I'm not a Jedi, am I?!" She asked, sounding calmly alarmed, if such a thing were possible.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Elpsis could not help giggling. "No, hun. You're so not a Jedi. You're too cool for the Burlap Brigade. The dicks in robes don't have a monopoly on holy light," she reassured her companion, planting a soft on her forehead.

She knitted her brow as she considered her next words. She was open about her spiritual nature, but a bit shy about expressing her faith. "She's the great white wolf - the goddess. We're all her daughters. We can touch the Force because of her. She's the one who guided me to my family and let me see after I lost my sight. Now you manifested the light. This must be a sign."

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

Taryc couldn't help but snort in laughter at the description Elpsis gave for the Jedi. She definitely could not gainsay her lover in that opinion, Jedi were often stodgy and took the fun out of life. As Taryc took in breaths, the air felt crisp and clean, and she smiled more.

Elpsis Elaris said:
"She's the great white wolf - the goddess. We're all her daughters. We can touch the Force because of her. She's the one who guided me to my family and let me see after I lost my sight. Now you manifested the light. This must be a sign."
"I've not had the best track record with gods..." Taryc said mildly. "Though, with followers such as you, she has to be worth it. Would you mind telling me about her?" She thought for a moment, then tilted her head to the side inquisitively. "What do you think this is a sign of?"

She remembered how it felt, releasing the flaming light. All of her negative emotions vanished, and she had felt love and happiness in so pure a form that she couldn't remember another time when she had felt it.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Elpsis and the Burlap Brigade had a long complicated history. Presumably she'd tell sweet, deadly Taryc some time. This might also involve taking the Paladin home to meet her mother. There was no way that could get extremely awkward.

Feeling the slight shift in tone when Taryc brought up her poor history with deities and religious zealots who claimed they were doing god's will, Elpsis planted a kiss on her nose. "I know, babe. I'm not gonna try and convert you or bombard you with pamphlets. I guess some...rituals may look a bit strange, but my goddess isn't like those monsters those Prime psychos worshipped. She doesn't want you to raze worlds or sacrifice people."

Did the Primeval Gods demand human sacrifices? It was doubtful that Elpsis knew a lot about the cult's customs. "She's kind and loving. The Creator left her behind as a guardian to shepherd and protect the younger races. All women are her daughters. Least I think so. You can connect with her the best in the wilderness, untainted by war or pollution. She's a friend to animals and punishes the wicked," her tone became rather fervent. There seemed to be a light in her white eyes.

"You feel different now, don't you? Less burdened, free of anger. It's because you've broken with your old life. I believe it's a sign she wants you to be a paladin," she raised her hand. "Maybe you won't ever believe in her, that's ok. But you can be a force for good. You are one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom