Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire for the Firemane (Taryc formal intro to Firemane)

[member="siobhan kerrigan"]

Taryc sat with her helmet on, back against a bulkhead, surrounded by strangers. In the aftermath of First Order reinforcements descending on the Citadel of Dawn, Taryc had been separated from [member="draco vereen"] and had evacuated aboard a Firemane shuttle. She hadn't wanted to quit the field, but she wasn't young and idealistic enough to have believed the odds were winnable. It scorched her, inside, that they had lost the field. They had gained the Citadel, and reports were that they had the other Citadel as well as an active Forward Operations Base. Still, there was only so much they could do against the hordes of stormtroopers.

'Breathe in, breathe out.'

She followed those easy instructions as she looked out from within her helmet at the masses around her. In the mad dash for shuttles, no one seemed to mind very much that the lithe woman with a flaming blade was coming aboard with them. They had all seen her fight alongside their forces and their allies. Now, however, with the loss of Kaeshana sinking in, they were giving her a wide berth. They weren't being rude, just giving her plenty of space on the shuttle deck. She was out of the way, just sitting there with her blade in her lap and the look of a warrior spent in the way her shoulders sagged.

Taryc switched her blade down to the ground after a moment and drew her left knee up to her chest. Her energy was coming back to her, but she didn't know what to really do. She didn't know where to go from here. She wasn't a GA soldier or operative, she didn't really have any power to call her own except that which she brought with her wherever she went. To her mind, wherever this ship was heading was a fine destination.

Still, she didn't know what to do. Those last few minutes of battle had been hectic. Someone had decided that turning coat would be a good idea, and most of those forces had been cut down by the encircling armies.

Taryc saw a mane of red hair walking across the deck, one that the soldiers and warriors around her were giving deference to. She hadn't ever been one to sit idle, and she was feeling the burn of the loss almost as keenly as the Eldorai around them.

She rolled to her feet with a swift, lithe movement, and sheathed her blade across her back at the same time. She approached the fire maned woman while drawing her helmet off. The soldiers parted before her, though seemingly more reluctantly than when they were just giving Taryc space against the bulkhead.

"Excuse me. I'd like to speak to someone in charge." She told the woman as she neared and fell into step with her. Taryc knew she had skills that others needed, and maybe it was time to stop moping around the galaxy after the fall of the Primeval and her change of heart, and start actually putting her effort somewhere.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

The flame-haired woman's cold brown eyes spared the void of space a glance as the Phoenix was pulled into the realm of hyperspace, leaving the Asur System behind it. Desolate, devastated Kaeshana was now under the dominion of the First Order. Victory had been so close. By all rights, the Reclamation should have been a success. To say that it scorched her insides was an understatement. Internally, she was seething.

We're undefeated in the field.

The hangar deck was teeming with soldiers. Many of them wore Firemane colours, but others were Eldorai warriors and GADF troopers. All in all, their retreat had been orderly. No man had been left behind to suffer the fate as the melodramatically named Scarred. Among the allied soldiers were many of Kaeshana's Eldorai. She could feel gratitude emanating from some of them, for this time they had not been abandoned, but there was also resentment.

An aide walked alongside her, holding a datapad and filling her in about casualties and so on and so forth. The Countess felt numbed. Her cane made little noise on the ground, and she walked with a limp. She still wore her Eldorai styled beskar armour, though she'd tucked the helmet beneath her arm. Soldiers parted before her as she made her way across the deck. Medics filled the hangar, wounded were being rushed to the medbay. Morale had suffered. The soldiers needed encouragement. Nay, they needed more than that!

Resolution.

Strength.

Faith.

We shall not relent.

The sacrifices of her soldiers would have meaning.

A feminine voice pulled her out of her thoughts. The crimson-crowned Countess turned and glanced at the woman. No one else had dared address her. "I'm in charge here," Siobhan's tone was blunt, matter-of-fact. She spoke Basic with a hint of an Eldorai accent. "I'm Countess Kerrigan. What's your name, soldier?" She scrutinised the beskar armoured woman.

"I am Taryc Ap'Irae." She replied, her accent from Bastion had been erradicated by years of training, but her name still spoke of her Primeval upbringing. While she met [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]'s eyes unwaveringly, she knew enough that she canted her head and shoulders into a slight bow of respect. "I was attached to a GA unit until an ally arrived. I was in on the fighting at Citadel Dawn, withdrew with your forces as they were nearest..." She spoke, almost rambling, then stopped. The air of authority around Siobhan brought her back to a place where questions were answered, even the unasked ones. She wasn't in that life anymore, but the mental patterns were there.

She took a mental hold of herself and steeled herself.

"Your troops fought very well." She said in a crisper tone, one that wasn't as deferential as her previous tone, but still respectful. "It was an honor to fight alongside them at Dawn." She continued. She knew that it would be difficult for some of the soldiers to speak of the battle yet, as they were likely still processing what had happened and how.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Siobhan locked eyes with the younger woman, her gaze unwavering. "Ap'Irae. I've heard the name," she said absent-mindedly, as if searching her metaphorical memory banks while she departed the sea of humanity on the hangar deck. Elpsis had never had dealings with the Primeval, but her Aunt knew them very well.

She pushed that train of thought aside. For now. "They did fight well, even in the face of superior numbers and foul treachery." She all but spat the last two words. They tasted like acid upon her tongue. As far as she was concerned, traitors earned themselves a place in the worst circle of Chaos.

"The bravest army I've ever commanded," she frowned. If Siobhan had not been in such a grim, broody mood, she would've taken note of how well Taryc...filled out her armour. Especially in the rear end. "My niece mentioned your name. She spoke highly of your courage and fortitude." Hyperspace had swallowed the Firemane fleet. It would take a day or two until they reached Tygara.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"Aye, that was indeed a foul treachery, not to mention poorly executed in a tactical sense." She said, nodding with a grim smile. "Right in the center of the allied armies. They succeeded in adding confusion, but lost most of their soldiers. As much as it is painful, Firemane is better off without whoever commanded that unit..." She paused a moment and listened to Siobhan.

"Your niece?" Taryc took a moment to think back over the battle, to the people she had met. There had only been a couple of Firemane people near her during her fighting. "Is she the one with lightning or the one with fire?" She asked, a strange light in her eyes as she mentioned fire, though whether it was her obsession with fire in general or thinking of the fire wall she had put up with Elpsis was unclear, even to Taryc.

Her mind came back to the treachery, however much it wanted to remain on fire and Elpsis. It was part of who she was, to root out treacheries like that, deep down it was part of her core. Fire and Inquisitions went together better than chocolate and peanut butter.

"I was once an inquisitor..." She said with a little hesitation, her voice low, pitched for only Siobhan's ears. Her face took on a placid posture, a mask as if they were speaking of somewhat pleasant things. "...who trained me is...behind me, but if I can be of use to Firemane..." She took a deep breath. It had been a long time since she had placed her alleigiance with anything other than herself and her friends. "If I could have a home with Firemane, my talents would be at your disposal, Countess."

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Siobhan gave Taryc a look, then nodded. "Agreed on both counts. Terrible tactical judgement. Honestly, I feel a tad insulted by such...foolishness. I only regret not pruning them sooner." The betrayal had sowed confusion, but ultimately not affected the ground battle's outcome. However, she knew that it was something her rivals would use against her.

They'd exaggerate it for political affect in order to make Firemane look weak and unreliable, so that they'd have a scapegoat. Part of her could not help suspect that there might not be more traitors waiting in the wings. They'll realise I have strong claws and sharp teeth. Like a Cylix, she thought. Taryc's words pulled her out of these grim thoughts. "The one with the fire. The lightning lady is my former apprentice and her girlfriend." This was occasionally a slightly awkward constellation.

She was taken aback by Taryc's last words, when the woman not only hinted at her former allegiance...and the unpleasant deeds she must have committed, but also seemed to be pledging herself to her. "An Inquisitor," she kept her voice low, as if wanting to make sure no one else overheard them. Her eyes were piercing, as if trying to gaze into the younger woman's soul, but they were not judgemental. "I see. Then you understand the importance of loyalty. Firemane has become a home for many who want a second chance."

However, this was not the right moment or place to discuss new employment opportunities. Before Siobhan could say more, a very energetic, beskar armoured redhead suddenly ran towards her. "Auntie Sio! I'm so glad you ok." Before the Countess could say anything, Elpsis had suddenly enveloped her in a bear hug.

Siobhan coloured slightly and awkwardly patted the girl on the shoulder before disentangling herself. "Elpsis, control yourself. We're in public," she said sternly in her best 'I'm in charge, do as I say' voice. It mirrored the sharp crack of a whip.

Elpsis took a step back, breathing in a bit. "I'm...sorry. I was just so worried. Everything got so crazy down there," she hastily explained, stammering slightly. Looking a bit embarrassed, she glances towards the former Inquisitor. "Hey, Taryc. Glad you're ok, too. You coming to Tygara with us?"

"Countess, there are some matters that require your attention," an officer tried to get Siobhan's attention.

"In a moment. Elpsis, take Warrior Ap'Irae to her quarters and make sure she has everything she needs." The Grandmistress cocked her head towards Taryc, as if to say 'talk later', then she limped away, leaning strongly on her cane.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Siobhan Kerrigan said:
"I see. Then you understand the importance of loyalty. Firemane has become a home for many who want a second chance."
Taryc opened her mouth to speak in reply when [member="elpsis elaris"] glomped the Countess. Taryc understood loyalty well, it was the very reason she hadn't made any alleigiances since the downfall of the Primeval. Loyalty was a two way street, and she had been burned very badly by the lack of such from her leaders in the Primeval, and from the Gods she had been devoted to. However, it was high time she found a new home, and people with which she could use her talents.

However, here was definitely not the place for those discussions.

Siobhan Kerrigan said:
"Hey, Taryc. Glad you're ok, too. You coming to Tygara with us?"
Taryc smiled a genuinely warm smile and offered a shrug.

"It would appear so." She replied. Truly, the fact that she was here was purely happenstance. 'Though', she thought for a moment, 'it could also be the will of the Force...' "It's one of the few places in the galaxy I haven't seen as of yet."

Her eyes turned to the Countess as she spoke. Impure thoughts colored her cheeks for a moment, but her eyes saw the message Siobhan intended and she nodded her head once before turning to Elpsis again.

"I have to say, your control of fire is amazing." She said, feeling more than a little fan girlish. "I had to use every trick for focus just to be able to aid you..."

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Despite all the doom and gloom, Elpsis grinned broadly. The compliment might be slightly fangirlish, but it was clearly heartfelt. "Aww. Thanks. I can teach you all about fire, if you want," she declared. For all her power...she was still very young and it showed in her attitude sometimes.

"You'll like Firemane. Think you'll fit in real well. You can beat up stormies, you're good with fire and you're cute," she coughed, realising where they were. She saw a wounded soldier being carried away on a stretcher and instantly felt bad. The empath winced slightly, as if feeling an empathic backlash. Elpsis, you're in the Fire Order now. Act like it, she could already hear Auntie Siobhan admonishing her.

"Sorry. It's...a lot to deal with," she waved her hand vaguely, as if trying to sum up the entire post-Kaeshana fallout in one gesture. "C'mon. I'll take you to your quarters," she gestured to Taryc to follow and began to lead her out of the hangar into the belly of the massive warship.

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

Taryc blushed again, as her mind had been going along with the firey maned pyromancer. She looked around at the soldiers, then back to Elpsis and nodded.

"Anything I can learn to help stomp out the stormies will be good, if it's fire..." She spoke, watching the people around her brighten when she spoke of stomping stormies. "...then you know I'll be paying close attention." She finished. She couldn't help it, she threw a wink as well. Spending so much time among mercenaries and Mandalorians had given her a far more jovial nature than she had had in the Primeval.

She fell into step beside Elpsis, looking around. She didn't have the mindset to control massive ships in battle, so every time she was on such a large battleship it amazed her. This one was a Firemane ship, and was decorated as such, paint colors and whatnot. She very much liked it, and felt she'd be very at home among all of the fire.

"What is Tygara like?" She asked. She wanted to learn so much, especially get to the training with fire, but had to start somewhere. In all honesty, she could do with a hot shower and a few hours of sleep before doing more than walk, but she was working hard to not let it show. She was as proud as any warrior, and wouldn't show her tiredness. These were people she was hoping to find a home with, but as of yet she was still an outsider, so her emotional barriers were still up.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Elpsis knew she was not supposed to have...raunchy thoughts. Especially not given the circumstances. She felt a stab of guilt, but it was hard not to notice that Taryc was a very attractive woman. Besides, her fellow pyromancer clearly did not mind the mild flirting.

For Elpsis it was a way to take her mind off what had happened. Kaeshana had never been her home, but she'd lost friends down there on the planet. She was powerful, but not enough to protect them. And one shot my friends in the back. After I saved her life on Corellia, she thought, feelings of bitterness swelling up inside her.

In that regard, Taryc was like a breath of fresh air. "I think you and I will get on like a house on fire." Lame fire pun, thy name is Elpsis. She steered Taryc through the corridors of the gargantuan warship, noting the looks the older woman gave it.

"It's a former Sith warship. Wyyrlok class. I heisted it at Castamere, just before Omega went bang," she explained, glancing at her. As their eyes locked, Taryc might notice something peculiar about Elpsis': They were dead, vacant and lifeless, for the firemane was blind.

She knitted her brow together. "Tygara's...beautiful. Vast deserts and oceans, woodlands and icy mountain slopes. Spent a lot of time on my mother's boat on the sea. It's a big planet of contrasts. On the one hand you got the Eldorai, who have a continent for themselves and are rather modern, united under one queen. Then you got the Tygaran natives. They're related to the Eldorai, but evolved independently, are less tech-savvy and split into different races. Some are like the drows and wood elves you read about in fairy tales. Firemane's sorta there to keep the peace and make sure no one gets pushed around. Easier said than done, but we try."

Taryc noticed the sightless eyes, and wondered just how powerful this lady pyromancer was, as she hadn't missed any of Taryc's subtle cues. That spoke of a powerful connection to the force, allowing her to see through it. Despite being younger than Taryc, the facts were adding up to the fact that she would be glad to learn under her, though age rarely meant anything to Taryc.

"It is a beautiful ship, though I doubt I would know what to do with it myself." She said with a wry grin, looking around as emphasis. "I'm much more useful on the ground." She said, flirting coyly. People coped with stress in different ways, and flirting wasn't the worst way she'd ever coped with it. Her tendencies as a Primeval inquisitors had been decidedly less innocent than flirting with a woman who was spoken for.

Taryc listened as [member="elpsis elaris"] spoke about Tygara. It sounded like the kind of place where anyone could find what they wanted. Firemane was a fairly large name, so there was bound to be at least one large city. Deserts for those who love the heat, oceans, forests. Mentioning drow from fairy tales, Taryc assumed there were large cavern cities as well. Taryc smiled at the obvious love in Elpsis's voice as she spoke of it and nodded.

"It sounds like a perfect place for new beginnings..." She said. 'And maybe a place to put down roots...find something to fight for again...' She thought to herself, a rare quiver of fear fluttered in her stomach at the thought. She desperately didn't want to go through the downfall of the Primeval again, she didn't think she could handle it.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Force Sight had taken a lot to get used to. Perceiving inanimate objects was difficult, unless they emanated heat of some sort, since that could be detected via pyromancy. Strictly speaking, Elpsis had no idea what Taryc actually looked like. She had a blurry impression of her physical form, but when she looked upon her face, she saw her aura.

It amplified the sensations she already received through her empathy. The older woman was every inch a warrior. A bright fire burnt inside her. She had been through a lot. She'd suffered loss, been betrayed and probably done her share of terrible things, but she was not a bad person. It made Elpsis' heart go out to her.

"It does, yeah. I spent a lot of time on the run. Had no one to trust, no family to speak of. Smuggled, stole, blew away kneecaps and busted heads for a living," she shrugged. She could not change the past, just do better in the present and the future.

"Firemane gave me the family I never thought I'd have. I don't know your story, but I can tell your life's not been a walk in the park. But don't let anyone here make you think you don't belong, 'kay? We're all kind of a rag-tag band of misfits. Somehow, it works. If Auntie Sio gets a bit chilly, don't let that put you off. She's a big softie deep down. Don't tell her that though!" Finally, they reached their destination and Elpsis opened the door, revealing a fairly standard military bunk that was ubiquitous among the warships of the Galaxy.

"I'm not one to let people decide where I go or what I do..." She said with a grin as they slowed near a door. Elpsis opened it and Taryc took a look inside. It was a cookie cutter room, like millions across the galaxy on warships. The bunk was a little larger than standard, and it seemed to be a private room rather than a barracks room. To one side, a table extended from a wall, large enough to strip down a personal weapon and clean it, or eat a meal. There was a small refrigeration unit next to the door, and an even smaller food preparation unit (microwave) at the table. Taryc stepped in and continued to look around. She spotted an armor stand by the foot of the bed, and a small set of drawers for clothing next to a door that lead to a small private bathroom.

The walls were bare, the lighting was just enough to see by, though she figured that was adjustable.

"It's pretty perfect, better than most of the bars and hostels I've woken up in." She turned back to [member="Elpsis Elaris"] and felt a little awkward. Social situations were not where she shined in the slightest. On the battlefield, she'd not have hesitated to do much of anything, but in here the adrenaline spike she felt was from frayed nerves. She also hadn't had time to process the battle, but she tried to keep her mind off of that. "Do you need to be somewhere, or would you like to com in?" The empath likely felt the trepidation within her, and the indecision.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

"Sure!" Elpsis exclaimed just a bit too eagerly. Everyone dealt with loss and the toll the battle had taken differently. Her coping mechanism was being chipper or at least attempting to, though this understandably rubbed some people the wrong way. Strictly speaking she should be with @Tempest. Guilt swelled up inside her. But the vibes she got from her...were not good. This was a story for another time.

"We can hang a bit together," she added, feeling the anxiety and nervousness emanating from the older woman. "I'm gonna get out of this armour. Hope you don't mind. It's not comfy. I don't get how Mandos can live in their beskar'gam day in, day out. Feel like a tortoise on its shell any time I try to lie down in it."

She'd been a Mandalorian very briefly, but that had been more by invitation since Siobhan kind of was one. However, she'd drifted away from them pretty soon. In any case, given how girly she was one when she was not cracking skulls, Auntie Sio was probably a bad Mando.

She gave Taryc a hopefully reassuring pat on the shoulder and stepped in. "Should be a ready meal in the fridge. If we're lucky, it'll actually be edible." Then she dropped her rucksack on the ground and began to slowly remove her beskar shell without the slightest hint of modesty.

Taryc was never really body shy, such was practically beaten out of initiates in the Primeval, especially for inquisitors. However, Taryc found herself blushing a bit as [member="elpsis elaris"] doffed her armor.

'Get ahold of yourself, she isn't the first pretty woman you've seen strip out of armor.' She thought to herself.

"Good idea, I could probably use some time out of mine as well. Don't want to permanently smell like splattered stormies..." She said, attempting humor to hide both her sudden bought of blushing nervousness and her arousal. 'Not the time, not the time, she has a girlfriend!' She chided herself as she began the process of stripping out of her own armor. Her armors plates were segmented, the heavy beskar placed over only the most vital areas. Once the plates were off she was in a form fitting beskar armorweave. That was more of a chore to take off, especially after hours of heavy battle. Beneath that, she was in normal underclothes, though they were sodden with sweat.

Elpsis Elaris said:
"Should be a ready meal in the fridge. If we're lucky, it'll actually be edible."
"Food!" She said with great excitement. She placed her armorweave over a chair, and left the plates of her armor and her helmet in a slightly organized pile by the bed. Barefoot and free of all but her small clothes, Taryc padded over to the fridge and pulled out a tray of food. After looking it over, she removed the portions that said to eat them cold, then put the rest in the food reheater (microwave) to heat up. "Would you like to start with a pudding cup or the fruit cup?" She asked, intending to share with the now much less clothed beautiful woman in her room.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Elpsis had no shame! "I don't mind if your eyes are all on me. Feel free to look," the firemane spoke in her most innocent tone. Taryc could not hide her raunchy thoughts! Being an empath was oh so very useful sometimes, though more often than not it was a curse as much as a blessing.

It took Elpsis a while to get out of her beskar shell. Being a more conventional suit, her beskar'gam was more covering than Taryc's. Beneath it, she wore a bodyglove that by now was matted with sweat. All in all, it was a queen to get ouf of. She sniffed slightly when she finally peeled all the layers away, and was left in her small clothes after putting the suit away.

All in all, she could probably use a shower. "Fruit sound cool," she replied while putting the suit away, then walked over to the older woman. Her bare feet touched the cool ground, but being a pyromancer she barely felt the cold. Much to her annoyance, her stomach rumbled slightly.

"Guess you noticed I can't see like normal people do. Reactor explosion killed my eyes. Sucks a bit that I don't really know what you look like. I just see blurry shapes, auras," she sounded a bit upset about that. As time passed, it might even become difficult to remember the faces of people she'd known before she lost sight. She suddenly raised her hand and gently touched Taryc's cheek, caressing it. "If your aura's anything to go by, you gotta be very pretty though."

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

Taryc's nostrils flared and her pupils became more dilated as elpsis carressed her cheek. Her heartbeat went through the roof, and she instinctively nuzzled her cheek into the woman's palm. Her fingers tentatively reached out and touched the side of Elpsis's face, near one of her eyes. Taryc was mentally forcing herself to breath as she traced the outside of the firey-maned pyromancers orbital bone. Both of them were pyromancers, and so both ran hot, but even so Taryc felt like Eplsis's skin could burn her.

"You..." she started then stopped speaking, wetting her lips for a moment as her heart thundered in her ears. "You are very beautiful..." The words slipped out in a hoarse whisper as her fingers traced back into the younger woman's hair near her ear. The fruit cup and pudding were forgotten as Taryc felt a strange lack of control. She wasn't a stranger to romance, but before it had always been part of the job, almost clinical in her mind. She'd always been the instigater, had always been in control. Yet, now she felt as if she wasn't in control, and she secretly reveled in it, and words escaped her.

Taryc's fingers slipped behind Elpsis's head, and she leaned forward, bringing her mouth close to the other pyromancer's lips. She could feel her fingers trembling where they lay on the back of her head, her other hand barely beginning to touch the skin of her waist. She was close, but didn't push, didn't press. The invitation was there, but Taryc didn't feel like she could control this situation, and so left the decision to Elpsis.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

They were so close now. Elpsis leaned into the touch when she felt Taryc's fingers touch her face before tracing a path to her perfect, sweat-matted firemane. She could feel the slight tremble in her fellow pyromancer's fingers. The older woman's skin felt warm under her touch. It was a common stereotype that pyromancers ran hot, but in this case it was true. She was drawn to her like a moth to a flame.

Heat permeated the air and surged through her like a wild fire. Through her empathy, she felt Taryc's desire, but also her hesitation. Her breathing hitched slightly. Kaeshana had numbed her. The horrible battle had affected Elpsis more than she was willing to admit. There was pain behind her upbeat, perky grin, thinly veiled flirtation and corny jokes. She did not want to feel cold anymore, think of friends being blown up or cut down by blaster fire, at least not tonight.

Taryc's words were all the invitation she needed. Normally, Elpsis was not the one who took a dominant role in her lovemaking. This was by choice, and went hand in hand with her preference for older, experienced women. But she could be aggressive when she put her mind to it. There were no restraints on her empathy now and the former Inquisitor would feel exactly what Elpsis was feeling.

This included how much the pyromancer desired her right now. "I want you," Elpsis spoke quietly, almost in a whisper. Perhaps there was a hint of vulnerability in her words. Then she captured Taryc's lips in a deep passionate kiss. Elpsis kissed the way she fought: Unrestrained passion, nothing held back, burning as brightly as fire. One hand snaked down the Inquisitor's back and, unsurprisingly, planted itself on her glorious butt, giving it a squeeze. Thought of food had been flushed from her mind. Presumably a black curtain would descend upon the scene to protect the kiddies.

Thoughts escaped Taryc's mind as [member="elpsis elaris"]'s lips touched hers. A blaze of heat rushed through her body, bright as the fires of the brightest sun. Time lost meaning as everything around her faded, and there was only the two of them.

~Time Moves~

Taryc woke slightly, lifting her head from the bed as she looked around. For a moment she didn't know where she was. She was comfortable, every muscle in her body felt like jelly, yet she was the most relaxed she could remember being. Her gaze swept the room, and a smile creased her lips as memories flooded back to her. Her eyes alighted on the firemaned beauty whose limbs she was tangled in, and she let her head rest back onto the bed. She closed her eyes and did a decidedly feline body wiggle, trying to snuggle in without waking her possibly sleeping partner.

At the edges of her mind, thoughts waited. Thoughts about the battle, the loss, and the sights she had seen. For the moment, however, she kept them at bay, reveling for the first time in recent history where she could just be happy and relaxed. As she continued to wake up, her breaths deepened. Her eyes opened again, and she took another look around the room. The fruit cup and pudding were still there on the counter, the table was clear, and a chair overturned. Her armorweave lay atop her armor, though she knew she had left it on the chair that was now on the ground. Small clothes were not in a central location, and she could see the blinking Ready signal on the food reheater, coming through the fabric of one of the pieces of her small clothes. Her head laid back, and she stared at the ceiling for a while, content.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Time flies...

Unlike Siobhan, who could sleep like a log and sometimes was comatose until it was noon, Elpsis was a fairly light sleeper. So it came to pass that her sightless eyes fluttered open shortly after Taryc had awoken from their slumber after some rather...pleasurable nocturnal activities. Their limbs were entangled, the covers felt warm on their skin.

The girl was utterly spent, her legs felt like jellie and she was coated in sweat. She was also completely satisfied and relaxed. Thoughts of loss, betrayal and battle still clawed at the edge of her mind. She could not keep them at bay forever...but for now they had no power over her. The feelings of contentment that emanated from her sleeping partner helped in that regard as they bled over into Elpsis. She felt serene, blissful and had that special glow on her face.

"Hey, babe," the redhead spoke sleepily, yawning slightly. "Had a good sleep? You were...great...and your arse is as lovely as everyone says," she cuddled up to Taryc, planting a kiss on her nose. "Thanks for this. I, uh, really needed it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom