Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was not perfect sleep that came to the girl after the spell ordeal was over. She had not slept a single night since Gerwald and Katrine's betrayal. Not proper sleep. Dreams were dangerous; dreams were the gateway to the Darkness when she did not have her shield. Her memories about the third time in the Darkness might have been removed, but her inherent fear of it was far from gone. Every so often, just on the bring of REM sleep, Scherezade's eyes would flutter open, her body awakening, only to fall back into slumber under the watchful eye of Petra. No, it was not sleep. It was merely hours of unconsciousness. Much more than she was used to.

It wasn't long after dawn when her eyes finally opened for the final time. Her body hurt, unused to laying for so long, but she ignored it for the moment as she scrambled to sit up, her movements far from graceful. Not drunk anymore. her mind was sharper than she wanted it to be. But her eyes took her surroundings in, looking madly about her. A room with a bed, a Petra sitting in a chair.

"Where am I?!" she demanded of the woman, her hand already reaching for the bottle that was still strapped to her belt. She didn't want to be sober. She didn't want to be thinking clearly and sharply. That just invited more of the memories and the feelings in. But... Perhaps, for a few minutes she would wait, wait and see where she was and what was happening, and be ready to fight her way out in case of need. Her fingers brushed against the bottle, but she didn't sip from it just yet.

[member="Petra Cavataio"]

The question was simple. It was the answer that could be complex. It could cover just the question, but more questions could spawn from it. How much did Petra want to do a Q and A session with a sober Scherezade. There had to be some give to get more help on her quest for justice. Also, the more important, the knowledge gain showed the hellish nightmare she was putting herself through. Petra did not need a potential ally be in that kind of state.

Petra had plan. Actually, she had two main ones, and a few that covered the splits that might occurred. Being pleasant, she smiled and happily told Scherezade, “You passed out so we brought you into one of the empty bedrooms. Witches’ brew has a special spell to get stronger in proof with each pour and then you wake up sober.” Petra paused for moment. Did she want to add more to that about darkness, pain, and actually being an adult about subjects over love, betrayal, and so on. This could become another game to amuse Petra, but the girl was grabbing another bottle. Not wanting to tip her hand yet, she knew questions had to be asked without saying what she knew. “Amuse an old woman for a moment, why are using alcohol to handle whatever issue or issues you are having?”

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

So there was a catch to Witches' brew. Scherezade noted the new information, about how it got stronger every time and then made you wake up sober. It meant it wasn't safe for her to drink, so she would drink it no longer. There was more than enough cheap liquor on her ship, she would manage with what she had. Or perhaps, if Leriotor was still safe, there was other liquor she could get here herself, without worry. So now she was in an empty bed room, in a place she did not know, whose layout she could trace. She'd have rolled her eyes at herself if Petra was not there.

Then came the next question. Scherezade blinked, her fingers now wrapping around her botte's neck, looking for the comfort that wasn't really there. For a moment, almost hissed at the woman about asking questions she wasn't privy to knowing. But no, she hadn't asked about what had caused it; merely why drinking was the solution. "To take the edge off," the girl replied with a careless shrug. It was as good of an answer as any. "I'd like to go home now."

“Well then, what edge are you trying to take off?” Petra asked while ignoring what Scherezade wanted to do now. The witch wanted to dig deeper and if that meant torture, she was fine with the idea. Torture took many forms. The darkness bit was a path she would not feel bad about doing since it would do all the work for her. However, instead of removing the memories for good, Petra happily block them until she needed to release them again. It was similar what she did to her last wife, eldest son, Angelo, Kris, and a couple of more of her family members. Of course, it was not the darkness like Scherezade, but it was cruel memories that were hidden and released at a snap of her fingers.

"The edgy edge," Scherezade replied like a proper teenager, and started getting out of the bed. "I thank you for your hospitality and care through the night, but I need to be leaving. I'm expected elsewhere."

She wasn't. She never was. Not even before the Darkness. Not in the kind that meant someone was waiting for her somewhere. Maybe she'd always been alone, but it took a few traumatic experiences to actually realize it. Everything had been a lie, hadn't it? But she didn't want questions right now. She just wanted to be alone right now.

Petra simply smiled. She thought over what button to push. There were a couple, but one stood out like a sore thumb. Still it would show a hand that Petra did not want to show just yet. Then she thought of maybe what she was going to say good enough for a hand. “You''re welcome sweetie, but you are expected to be here… there is nowhere else to go. If you were expected elsewhere, you would have a better thing to do. For deWinters, I normally last on the visit list. It is why Asteria hasn’t come to see me about bringing Angelo back for her.” Petra tone changed to be a little more commanding, “Remain seated and tell me what cause the pain that lead to the dumb idea of drinking being the right thing to do.”

Asteria and Angelo were mentioned. Scherezade scanned the memories left to her by her grandmother. She knew who Angelo was, of course; sent to Endelaan to be the bridge between her own parents an the Witches of Dathomir, she wasn't sure if he and Asteria got together before that or after, but they fell in love and had Celestine. What happened afterwards though, she had no idea. The memories ended with the beginning of the Gulag, and her grandmother had not known everything. Or maybe she had, but hadn't given Scherezade all the memories.

But now Petra mentioned... Asteria not coming to ask for Angelo back? And what about Celestine...

She sat back down again, but not because of Petra's command.

"Most deWinters have the pleasure of being brought up by the family," she remarked, "I don't. I barely know who you are." It was... A version of the truth. She knew Petra was in league with Shery. But she only new that because of Shery's memories. "What's this about bringing Angelo back? Where has he gone? What do mean bringing him back for her?"

She was ignoring the question. That was irrelevant. If aunt Asteria was missing uncle Angelo, it had to be fixed. For her sake and Celestine's.

“Last twenty years, I have been bringing my children back… Fabula, Lauda, Mira, La’Ca and even Angelo. There are more on the list to bring back and like Angelo, they have part in my quest centered around Dathomir and mando deaths.” This was the first time she showed a piece of a hand she held from another game that was currently running. However, it would not affect anything. The girl did point out the disconnect the deWinters had with her. Who would listen to her when there was that disconnect and Mandos not liking her for what she did on Dathomir. “Angelo died more than six hundred or years ago… I brought him back to be among the living again, and he was sent to see his girl. Celestine has been such a big help with moving rancors and running the business while I was distracted with personal issue. So, they deserved time together… I am still deciding if Asteria deserves it though. If she truly cared for him, then one would think she would find a way to get that love back… don’t you think?”

Petra aimed that at two birds, one was Asteria and other was Scherezade’s situation. She wanted to see how that would go over.

Some of the mentioned names she recognized from her grandmother's memories, some she did not. But when Petra said that Angelo was on the list of coming back... Scherezade was glad she was sitting down, or she'd have dropped like a brick.

"I thought five hundred..." she whispered. That was what her grandmother had told her. Five hundred years since the Gulag, five hundred yeas since she was placed in a pebble, five hundred years since the great family split.

Now she really needed her drink. Scherezade's hands worked quickly, and she took a swig from her bottle.

If she truly cared for him, then one would think she would find a way to get that love back, don’t you think?

Well... Part of Scherezade wanted to say yes. Yes, she would have found a way. But she couldn't, not without knowing what Asteria had or hadn't done in the time she'd been awake. What if she'd been trying but simply hadn't succeeded? What if she didn't know Petra held the key? If Asteria loved Angelo half as much as Shery remembered, him being gone was devastating to her. She'd never show it, but that was hardly the point.

Besides, not everyone you loved loved you back. But that was not a corner she was going to get into.

"No," Scherezade answered, taking another swig, "not everyone wants to be found. Not everyone knows how to get those they love. Perhaps she has been trying to years without success. Does she even know you're alive? You're making too many assumptions instead of just going to her and asking her directly. You might be the closest thing she has to a mother in law, and you should talk to her and tell her."

Oh, the fun times were coming for Petra, she was more than happy to remark. “Everyone wants to be found, one might not openly admit to it, but deep inside there is a cry to be found. You wanted to be found, I wanted at a time be found, everyone else had a moment that they wanted to be found. It why we cling to those close as loneness is a dark hole that is hard to climb out of.” Petra at that moment felt like she needed let go what had been eating at her. The final death to the rotting version of her that had been there since her awakening months ago.

Petra was going to start with one and bleed quickly over to another. “Asteria isn’t hiding… Her movements are almost too easy to follow since she runs her company. Such a business that the underworld likes to chat about. And, if she wanted love again, she would come… I just in thousand or so years just that left planet for more than a day. Why would I go to her to waste my time if she rejected the idea when I have people to protect from hate and misunderstanding? When I was lost and needed be found, it was my people’s cries that found me and brought me back. It is why I am bringing them here so I can start a war on my home world without harming my people.”

There was a shift in Petra’s tone, it was not motherly but close to with a hint of pain laced in the sound of her voice. “When someone is drowning in pain, they deny what they really need. Then help and care is lost to them forever… Pain doesn’t strength one, it weakens… so stop hiding and let yourself be found or else the darkness will win in isolating you from those you love. Trust me, having one you love as part of any piece of your life is better than not all. That’s were failure and self-destruction wins and you become nothing. You might like hearing it, but sweetie, you need help on a level that only someone been through can offer.”

Petra pointed at the door, You can continue drinking heavily and leave. Just know the door will remain open for you, and I’ll keep an ear open in case you get stuck and need any type of help… Or can stay and face the pain with someone that you may think doesn’t care but does. Either way, know that the darkness is a lie to weaken you from your true potential.”

Everyone wanted to be found? Scherezade supposed that was true. She wanted to be found, or find. But not Petra. She wanted to find or be found by her parents, by her twin brother. By... No, that didn't matter anymore. That was a burned bridge. She'd burned it herself.

And Petra was wrong about Asteria. Sure, Asteria was easy to be found, she guessed. But Petra hadn't always been awake, hadn't always been around. Just because she was around didn't mean Asteria would know about it. Asteria hadn't even know about Scherezade until they stumbled into each other by accident, and they were actually blood related.

War on Dathomir always sounded good. But that was hardly the point now, was it?

"The Darkness has already won," she finally whispered, "the Darkness told me I would have no one when I left it. I had two people when I went in; the woman who adopted me as a sister, and the man I love. And while I was there, they chose each other, loved each other, and claimed each other. Me and Asteria, me and Celestine... We're not really close. But I was close with the two of them, and now I have nothing. I'm not the one who isolated myself. They forced me out. And the Darkness is not a lie. Everything, everything the Darkness has said so far has been true. I'm the weak one. I'm the monster. I'm the one who'll always be alone. And maybe... Maybe some of it is my fault. It probably is. But the one who started this avalanche was none other than your sweet ally Shery. She stole me from my parents and severed any chance at a normal life. You want to help? Find her and kill her."

That... Was new.

Scherezade hadn't expected those words to come out, the phrasing to be like that. But it was. While she was still yoyo'ing on killing or begging for forgiveness with Gerwald and Katrine, she knew firmly where she stood on Shery.

With a sigh, she took another long swig from her bottle. "Whatever true potential comes from the children of Diomedes and Nessarose, it doesn't lay with me. It's probably Brayden, but he's missing. And if you really want to help, really want to, then reunite Asteria with Angelo. I'll deal with my own poodoo or die, it doesn't matter."

Petra leaned forward. Hands pressed together with that crystal from early in between them. She looked right at Scherezade. She kept her tone again without the pain laced through the motherly tone. “Sweetie… I’m not going to kill Shery, I’ll let you have that honor. I’ll just send my people out and open hunting season will begin when I leave this room. Once she is found, I’ll deal with her until she is ready for your wrath. I believe the darkness was her creation. So letting those lies twist you into believing, don’t you think you should fight and hate it like you do towards your grandmother?”

“So don’t give me that chit about darkness winning. You chose that for yourself. You can choice… to beat the darkness, have a family with Asteria, Celestine, and even Angelo. Heck, you can get your sister back, and like I said before, better to have a part of the one you love around than not at all. Plus, you are young so take what you learned, and you’ll find someone that’s truly for you. We all have bumps on the way of finding love. That’s not a new thing and why there are so many songs, poems and stories about broken hearts.”

“anyways, this is really on you… being an adult sucks, sweetie. All I can do is offer a shoulder, a bed, and a wall so it has to go through me first. The rest of your request will be handled as time slowly ticks away. Some things like Angelo are already in motion. It is out of my hand now. We will all see how it turns out soon enough.” Petra did have a plan for Angelo and Asteria was on the list. She wanted him to see how much Asteria did not care for him anymore. That only Petra and Celestine were all he had left. That was another story to be done.

One last thing to add came to might for Petra, or else she would have been done speaking. “I would like think your parents, especially your mother, would agree with me about seeing the potential in you, and agree about not letting Shery winning over you.” It was long shot but Petra stood behind her words this time.

"Your people won't find her," Scherezade replied, "she's not alive, she's not dead. She's in whatever realm she is, but it's neither this one nor the spirit one."

The Darkness was... Shery's creation? Petra didn't say it was, but she did think it was. Scherezade hadn't ever thought about that even being an option. Why would her grandmother create it? And more importantly, how? Creating something like that... She knew her grandmother was powerful, but that something of more epic proportions than just being powerful was enough for. Her eyes widened as she continued to think about it. On one hand, it made sense, but on the other... No, was her grandmother really powerful enough to do it? And if she was, what did it mean for other family members on her bad side? She searched frantically for any memories about her mother and what happened during that last year before the Gulag, but there was... There was nothing.

It was a moment before she could focus again on what Petra was saying. "Why would I want my former sister back?!" she almost spat. She did though. But... But somewhere, it was much harder for her to forgive Katrine than it was to forgive Gerwald. She didn't want to think about the whys. But she knew that despite it all, if she was forced to choose one, or save one, after all that had happened, she knew who she'd choose, because she already made a much harder choice regarding that, when she compared that person to choosing to rule over Endelaan. "A true sister would never have done what she did to me," she concluded.

Petra said she would find someone truly for her... "But he was my Shield against the Darkness," she almost cried, bringing the bottle out again.

And then everything being on her. It was an old and chewed out story. "Everything is on me," she replied, "everything is my fault. Always. I already know that. I've already learned that. There's nothing more to learn on that."

She wanted to leave. She wanted to get up and walk through the door and vanish from this dreadful planet. Let Petra have her fun with her war against Dathomir and the Mandalorians, let her play with the family members she should never have been playing with to begin with. But she couldn't. She couldn't will her legs to move.

"I just want my parents and my brother back..." she finally whispered. Maybe... Probably, if they were around, things would hurt less. She would have some joy, some beam of light, something."But I can't have them. And I can't have those who betrayed me undo their betrayal. I can't have anything."

Petra knew each comment from Scherezade needed to be address. She only wondered how gentle she needed to be. The last parts had her believing the girl was holding on to childish notions. She happily started with Shery. The idea of that woman in some realm hiding was amusing. More cheerful, her words were happy to come out. “If she is truly hiding in a realm, then it will be easier to find her. If she wanted to hide, should’ve stayed in this large galaxy. I’ll just need to change the orders for specific items that I don’t have with me here since they were for another plan on Dathomir.”

Moving on, there was a lot to unpack with the sister comments. Petra did not have siblings, but she made sure her children had siblings on top of siblings. There she watched such love and compassion, and yet witness the cruelty that siblings could do to each other. Betrayal or whatever was minor in the long run. She knew that. Some of her kids like Fabula would disagree, but they loved and protected each other. Petra saw that for sure. It started with Angelo and ended with Kristen and Fabula. They all stood up against her. Sadly, they did not do it as one.

Her dropped the cheeriness, it was still pleasant. “Sisters fight, family fight… when there are strong, raw feelings then everything is intensified. If you and your sister can look at each other and call each sister, then it doesn’t matter. That bond is strong than. Trust me, I had two daughters that loved each other dearly but one always did the cruelest of things to other, but in the end, both fought and held on to the bond to the very end.” Petra was ready to move on and not dwell on subject. Then she remembered what Scherezade said about Gerwald. “That even goes for the man you love and was your shield… Also, love and support comes when you aren’t looking for it or believe you don’t need it.”

Now reaching the bit that sort of irked her a bit. That resulted her pleasance to fade a little. “Yes… Everything is on you, but everything isn’t your fault. That is a bit childish to think that. Is it your fault that Shery is an evil wbitch and created the darkness to attack you so she could get you and hurt your family at the same time? How about these… me being caring for a change, Celestine has her father back, your sister loving you but doesn’t know how to express everything to you… your faults too?” Giving a moment for it sink in maybe, Petra wanted to wrap it up and might end the visit or not. “I’ll do this for you to show you have family that cares even if we are indirectly family… I’ll add to my list for my people to look for your brother, I’ll even look in the realms for him. For your parents though, that’s a little trickier. If they are dead, I don’t have bodies to stick them, so they can live again; however, if they are alive, I’ll find them too. I’ll add them to the list to get done before my war…”

Petra stopped and simply asked, “Want to leave, you may if you desire it… but if remain, ask yourself why.” Petra was ready if Scherezade wanted to leave. A little gift was ready and there was list of things she needed to do now. No rest for the wicked.

Petra's words, at least at the beginning, only served to draw more questions from the deWinter girl. "Why will make that easier to find her?" she asked, "how is staying in the galaxy better for hiding? How do you even find someone if they're in a different realm?" For a moment, she wanted to ask the woman if she would teach her. It lasted only for a moment though. While the thought of mastering that aspect of the Force winked to her, she didn't really have anything to offer in return, and she didn't think, even while sober, that she was apt for it in any way. She was not the Sorceress her parents of Endelaan had hoped her to be. She was just a warrior, good at putting the pointy end of her knives inside of people.

"I can't call her sister," she answered quietly, her voice just above a breath, "not after what she's done. I told her that I release myself of her. Of her, of her family, of the Mandragora. Of everything." Sherezade did not understand the comment about Gerwald. If Petra meant that about bonds or something of the kind... There weren't any. It had always been Katrine. Whatever Scherezade had thought was happening between them, it had obviously been a fake and a lie. She'd read everything so completely wrong. And he took all that she had to give, all of that while it was still always Katrine. It was not a mistake she was going to be making ever again.

She nodded when Petra asked if everything was her fault, and opted not to answer when she gave irrelevant examples. She wasn't really sure where Petra was going with it anyway.

But then... Then came the offer to find... Brayden... And her parents. She wanted to hope. She wanted to dare to hope that the naked woman sitting in front of her really could and would do it. That she would help her, that she would look for them, no, she didn't say look, she said find. That made a huge difference.

But nothing came for free, did it?

"What do you want in return for finding my parents and my brother?" she asked, still sitting. She didn't need to ask herself why. She knew why. There were offers she couldn't pass up, broke and drunk as she was.

Petra was going to pick the easy questions to start with. Her writer was super tired and slowly going insane. It fell on Petra to keep the show running… like always. Really though, realms and rarity of pocket ‘verses that some try to make and get trapped in was a subject that Petra had enjoyed in the past. Happily, and gleefully like, she began to about the subject matter. “There are many realms… some have nothing, others have one or two beings, and many might just have a few hundred in them. The thing is, they are all easy to scan for Shery’s being. It would take time but not as insane task of finding on in this realm and the Netherworld. They are pretty much infinite as beings can move around at random times. I have marked some of my children and others that mine, so I can find them in the Nether to bring back here for another life. Even Metus, my last son has been marked for that reason. It also helps to know where they are in the galaxy too, but I trust them enough to leave them be.” Realms as tricky as they were. It still amused Petra to no end exploring them. Let her do something that outside of the norm as that had become numb to her.

Deciding to skip over the sister talk, there seemed to be deep issues there. A chat over a subject that could last for weeks. Petra moved on the price of it all. Handling the hunt of Shery, the parent, and her brother all were items on a list that needed a price said. The thing was Petra had named it from the start. Her war was the price. It was simple since the price was high for the undertaking. She viewed it with two only ending. One was her managing what did with her team surviving, or other was death for all. The end of it all. No escape, no chance of returning, it was the total destruction one’s planet and their souls. Petra simply said to the girl, “The price is war on Dathomir… I have a feeling that you can be creative, sweetie.”

So all that was needed was time. There were many realms, but they would all be searched through. Why Petra thought this was easier than scanning the holonet for whereabouts of her grandmother, Scherezade had no clue, but she wasn't going to start arguing about things she clearly knew little to nothing about. However, when Petra said she'd sent some of her children to hers, a chill ran through Scherezade. This was not a nice woman, this would not be an easy ally for anything that might happen. She was dangerous, Shery-level dangerous. Scherezade would have to remind herself of that constantly, even if Petra did somehow manage to find Nessarose, Diomedes, and Brayden.

The price... Was a war on Dathomir. Scherezade shrugged. Dathomir did not hold any sort of special in her heart. It was where... Krak. It was where Katrine was from, wasn't it? As well as Celestine's father, Angelo. But if Angelo was back and would be reunited with Asteria, it would sever the last of the ties she could potentially have to that dreadful place. Besides, she'd already come up with many a Blueprints to hurt other planets, so what were a few more to hurt all the clans? Force, she could do it without an actual war. Nothing a touch of infiltration, some Force on her side, and a bunch of stupid witches that didn't deserve any sort of future.

She'd have done it for way less if only given the chance.

"So when you find Nessarose, Diomedes, and Brayden, and I am reunited with them," she carefully repeated the words, knowing their importance when making deals such as this, "I will join your war on Dathomir."

Petra slowly picked at the words. She thought of some nasty ways, but she needed the girl a bit more active. The witch was shelfing some of the torturous ways that her mind came up with. For now was the key thing phrase to all this. The search would happen like described until Petra got bored with it. The plan needed lives to use and getting her there was really all she need. Games were so much fun for the witch.

Before remarking to Scherezade, Petra had idea. She needed Angelo finish a task. He was not being bad. Other jobs were getting done, but the one she wanted done after he visited Celestine had not been completed. Since, Scherezade made her deal center around family. Petra thought of using that to get to Angelo and maybe a little more info on the girl’s psyche.

Happily, Petra continued her smiling as she spoke. “We can work with this arrangement, sweetie… and if you happen to around Dathomir beforehand, could you please visit Angelo and maybe inspire him to see Asteria. I told him to do it, but he is distracting himself with other jobs on the planet. Maybe hearing it from you might go better than hearing it from his mother for the eleventh million time. But no worries if you don’t anyway near there any time soon or later. It is just a since you are out there, could you please do this too type of thing.”

Scherezade's nostrils flared when Petra said that she'd told Angelo to see Asteria but he did not. The thought that the woman might be lying did not cross her mind right there and then, though it should have, especially when she had Shery's memories about the great love those two had shared even prior to having Celestine.

And still, going to see Angelo was not something she would haggle about. Angelo was family. Scherezade might not have been close to either Celestine or Asteria, but it didn't mean they weren't part of the people she would defend and protect with her life. Going to talk to Angelo in the hopes of uniting them was something she would have done anyway if she'd known he was awake and not seeing Asteria.

The main question though, was when and how. It was going to be hard in her drunken state, and she was pretty sure that if she went sober, all her problems would rise so hard to the surface that she'd be reduced to an even less functional state than she was currently in.

"I'll speak with Angelo," Scherezade nodded and took another swig from her bottle. She was going to have to plan it. But not right now.

With visible effort, Scherezade pushed herself up, standing now. "I think I'll leave," she said quietly, "thank you for your hospitality. And our agreement."

Some games were short and other were longer. Petra would have been happy if this was end of it; however, Scherezade did say she would speak with Angelo. The witch was going to get make sure she got info out of him after that visit. The darkness would be fun to play with and transfer it to others that had ties Scherezade. Give those that hurt the girl a big massive taste, then they would give Petra the amusement she was looking for. Oh, even ideas of messing with the spirits came to mind.

Now it would be so easy to send the girl back into the darkness. Petra knew she need to pace it. Since Scherezade was waiting to leave, any delay that could not be easily explained away from being drunk had to wait. The game could not be spoiled for greediness. Petra stood up. There was one last thing, alright two more things than she knew Scherezade be slightly out of her reach.

Petra held her hand. It was the crystal she had all night. It was channeled with her force essence. She offered it up to Scherezade. “This little guy… It is just a whisper stone, so you whisper my name into it and I’ll appear like force ghost. I’ll have super limited force abilities so can’t be extra hand in a fight, but for learning something new or venting. I’m all there… You can take it or not.”

“Still thank you for coming, sweetie… It was not exactly what I thought would go down but only seers would know exactly.” Petra chuckled softly after that. Then she continued, “I do hope the best for you and take care of yourself.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom