Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fine Additions to My Collection!

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler

pat-presley-sw-cantina.jpg

"Brinna where the heck is he?"

Sorr and Brinna spent 2 hours waiting for their client Tem Sum: A Sakiyan to arrive. He tasked Sorr and Brinna to do a minor gun running job which Sorr was admittedly getting a little tired of doing. According to Tem, it was a last-minute request he claimed that he needed the weapons so he can provide his men with better firepower. Considering that Tem is a Spice dealer, it wasn't out of the ordinary to arm himself due to rival gangs wanting to take Tem out. It was an easy enough job: Go to Tatooine, pick up the cargo from the Damiyo of Mos Pelgo: Raxle Wendin a contact of Tem's and bring it back to Sakiya. Easy payday, Sorr's reputation as a reliable Smuggler grows and everyone leaves happy.

Except Sorr is once again twiddling his thumbs staring at his cup full of water worrying his butt off. The music sung by the man on stadium did little to ease Sorr's nerves despite being the type of music he likes. "Something is off Brinna," Sorr said shaking his head taking a sip of water. "It's been hours, hours! For crying out loud! I don't wanna stay in Hutt territory longer than I need to be. The Consortium has been rather..... aggressive with Smugglers lately. Or maybe is the Hutts taking out Smugglers working for rival gangs. Either way I don't want to stick around to find out."

Maybe Tem was killed by the Hutts but then again, the Sakiyans were always their biggest supporters. Sorr just wished he'd stopped worrying but after 2 hours of waiting, he couldn't help it.

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara , Eli-Mae Forrest Eli-Mae Forrest

For Eli-Mae these last few months had been the hardest yet most rewarding in her entire life she had left her home with her parents to set out on her own. The young Jedi knight had never called any certain planet home as her family typically stayed on the move living out of their light freighter they had modified for this purpose.

Since she had set out on her own Eli had realized just how difficult being on her own could be. She had found very little kindness in her time on her own. Just in the last week, someone had tried to mug her and someone else had attempted to bully her out of what little food she could afford to buy as she wasn't very wealthy in fact she hardly had enough money to keep her ship filled with fuel so she could keep moving. It was one of these fuel stops that Sakiya.

As soon as Eli-Mae’s ship touched down at the spaceport the small redhead tightened the straps on her armor and clipped both of her lightsabers onto her belt and strode down the ramp into the spaceport. Upon stepping off the ramp she found the man in charge of fueling up the ships she paid him and decided she could use something to drink while she waited for her ship to be fueled up.

As Eli-Mae made her way into the tavern she scanned her surroundings before making her way to the bar and spoke up above the band that was playing a few feet away “Can I get a drink over here” The small girl's high-pitched voice echoed off the walls as she waited.

Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu

Objective: Contact Client
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Eli-Mae Forrest Eli-Mae Forrest | Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

Sorr was worrying again. This time however there was room for worry. Brinna stood by his side and was checking everything that she had available to find their contact. She didn’t like Sakiyans. They always seemed to make her feel like she was stupid, when she was anything but. In the end a gig was a gig and so now she stood here on a platform waiting to be called stupid.

“You’re only happy when we’re in Alliance space Sorr,” Brinna said with a giggle. Sorr have started to come around to their new home on Lianna, but even there Brinna bet he had hourly reports from somewhere as to how close a patrol might be. In truth every group needed that one person who was extra careful and checking on authorities at every turn. It was how good smuggling groups stayed out of jail. Well that and a good slicer. Brinna wasn’t sure how having the worrier as the captain was going to play out in the end. But she liked Sorr and they’d set up something good. So she supported him as much as possible.

“I agree something is off. That’s why I sent Porro out for information,” Brinna sighed. “We’ve gotta give him a few more minutes to find something before we just cut and run. We do need credits you know. The Empire is going to figure out we’re stealing power for the HQ at some point. Even me and M.O.M. aren’t good enough to keep them off our backs forever.”

Even Brinna was getting antsy, however and she reached for her comm. “Porro Kark it! What’ve you got? If you don’t got anything we need to just space this job and move on.”

Jack of All Trades. Master of None
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Eli-Mae Forrest Eli-Mae Forrest | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Porro could almost still see Brinna and Sorr when they reached out to him over the comm. He ground his teeth and continued to walk on. Porro wasn’t ever the best at anything in life. He tried lots of things, but nothing just grabbed a hold of him and said “This is how you should make your life grand.” Porro was no Jedi, no real fighter, wasn’t a good enough pilot of mechanic. Just good enough to get paid here and there. Now he’d hooked up with Sorr and Brinna. Seemed Porro was good at finding stuff that was looking to hide. But finding a Sakiyan on a planet of Sakiyans in no time at all was expecting quite a bit.

“Just walked into the cantina now Brin,” Porro replied into the comm hoping they wouldn’t continue to bother him. The closest tavern to the spaceport was always a great place for information. Porro looked around and sighed. More than half Sakiyans, that Porro wouldn’t be able to tell one from the other. A single droid rolling between tables to take orders, the bartender behind the bar, and the rest Hutt thugs of one type or another. Oh and then there was the young redhead who didn’t stick out at all. Even in armor she was a flower in this group of drooling pigs.

“No obvious place to start an inquiry,” Porro whispered into his comm. “If you can think of another way to move the guns I’m all for kicking it out of here. If not, we need to find your guy. I’ll see what the scuttle is at the bar. If you want to join me instead of tapping your feet out there six ears are better than two.”

Porro walked over to the bar, of course choosing a spot next to the redhead. Of course he wasn’t going to go after the thugs or the locals. Maybe he’d get word from the bartender about Tem Sum, maybe he’d get the pretty flower’s life story. Either way it would be a win for Porro. “What’s good around her barkeep? Got anything from Alderaan?”

Eli-Mae was no stranger to cantinas like this one, she had been to several alongside her father in her years. However, this was her first time being alone in a cantina, as such her eyes bounced from side to side as she noted shady creatures all around. She tried to play it cool knowing her saber was tucked inside her robes just out of sight but still very much in reach of her. As the barkeep came over to her she looked him up and down “Let me get some Corellian whiskey” She said sliding some credits across the bar.

As the glass hit the counter in front of her with a thud Eli picked it up and took a sip before continuing to look around. As she did she noted the man come up to the bar next to her and his mention of Alderaan. This caught her attention as she took another sip of her Corellian whiskey and realized it was not Corellian at all. She spit out the sip once she tasted it and looked at the bartender “What do I look like? A karking nerfherder who doesn’t know her drink?” She shouted angrily at the man as she shattered the glass on the bar.

Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Brinna Dara Brinna Dara Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu

Jack of All Trades. Master of None
Tags: Eli-Mae Forrest Eli-Mae Forrest | Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu | Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

The red petaled flower seemed like she came with a bit of bite to her. She was obviously not satisfied with her drink. That was a bit disturbing considering that anything from Alderaan was probably among the more expensive bottles in a bar these days and I really didn’t want to start a bar fight. He sniffed his own drink and had indeed been poured a fine Alderaanian wine, not his taste if he had a whole Alderaanian bar at his disposal, but he always liked a taste of home when he stopped for a bite or drink on these adventures. And the wine at least would be light on the alcohol and keep him on his toes.

“Sir,” Porro stepped towards the bartender hoping to prevent a bar vs pretty girl situation that would more than likely see him step in on the side of the pretty girl and end up with bruises to his body for a few days. “Can you show the young lady the bottle? I’m sure it’s just a simple misunderstanding. But you see not all whiskeys are created equally. Personally I am not one to favor a barrel from Corellia, but they do have their own unique taste.”

The bartender produced the bottle and Porro smiled. “Right see. This one is from Naboo. A fine product, but not the same as something from Corellia. If you wouldn’t mind finding a bottle of Whyren's Reserve and bringing my new friend here a glass I’ll pay for it while she pays the tab for the previous glass that you cannot possibly resell.” The bartender seemed quite happy to get a sale of one of the most expensive liquors on the market so he made his way off to get the drink.

“Hope Whyren's Reserve is ok with you,” he said with a smile for the young lady. “I’m Porro Tanau. Problem solver. Issue is I seem to solve other people’s problems still to be left with my own. What brings you to this bright light in the galaxy?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom