Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding Home (Open to SJO)

Time had passed unnoticed to Yuroic. He couldn't remember when he last step foot on Kashyyyk, the Force was overflowing with the life that the planet contained. His dark green robes now blended into the environment much better, allowing him to hide from unwanted attention, which for now was his goal. He wasn't sure what to expect upon his return, a significant period of time had passed, were friends he once knew still within the Order or had they moved on with their lives. Was Jairdain around? He thought often of her when first left, thoughts he eventually pushed aside were now bubbling to the surface. Maybe the Order wasn't even on Kashyyyk any more, perhaps war had gone badly for them and they had to relocate once more. Doubts were pouring into Yuroic's mind as he moved silently around a Wookiee village.

Finally, Yuroic swallowed his anxiety and stepped out of the shadows. Approaching a Wookiee, he engaged in awkward conversation, he hadn't spoke to anyone bar himself for what felt like years, he wasn't sure if he could hold one with a stranger. Luckily it was a brief talk and Yuroic learnt that the Temple still remained on Kashyyyk, as did the Silver Jedi Order. Yuroic gave out a little sigh of relief, he couldn't face having to hunt them down or even worse, he wouldn't know what to do if the Order had disbanded. His family was the Silver Jedi, a family he had repeatedly abandoned, but the only family he had left.

A flash of his parents. Their blood coating his face. Screams in agony. Cries of anguish. Yuroic wiped a tear away, he couldn't linger on the past. At least not that past. Inhaling deeply, he walked purposefully to the Temple. His cowl hiding the upper half of his face, when he approached, he noticed the Temple guards moved to block his entry. Yuroic smirked, his presence wasn't clearly a Jedi's and he doubted they would recognise his face. Revealing his connection to the Light Side and calmly announcing his name, they moved aside, slowly with great reluctance.

Once within the Temple, Yuroic moved without a whisper to anyone. Finding a quiet area in the garden, Yuroic took a seat on the firm ground and allowed his presence to be sensed by any within the Temple. It was time to return, it was time to come home Yuroic thought.

JhwQx7O.jpg

Silver Rest, Kashyyyk

It was lunchtime across the campus, long lines forming as they usually did for the cafeteria. Jyoti didn't have much to do that day while in between assignments, so she the cafeteria pretty early with Charlie to avoid waiting too long. There were polite and warm exchanges between the Echani and other Jedi around her as they all shuffled forward.

"Hmm, what to have." There was no shortage of delicious options, which made selection difficult. Finally, she settled on an exotic dish of dumplings smothered in creamy sauces.

"It's pretty nice outside today," she told Charlie when it was her turn to pick something to eat. "Why don't we take lunch to the gardens?"

[member="Charlie"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Silver Rest, Kashyyyk

Lunch time.

It was one of Charlie’s favorite times of the day, she didn’t have to have her nose in a book studying the boring Mandalorian wars and she was able to indulge herself for just a moment. Hunger struck violently at times for the padawan, but her black hole days were somewhat behind her. Glancing over towards Jyoti’s tray she made note of the dumplings. They were pretty good looking, so Charlie served herself some as well. Though instead of stopping there, she continued grabbing some rice and some vegetables.

The baby fat she showed up with was long gone and she was slimming out, developing lean muscle as training continued. Still, the body needed a good amount of fuel. As they were about to head out, Charlie noticed rice Krispy treats in the shape of Yoda’s head. Wandering over she grabbed two, one maybe for the Master. The question was posed and Charlie mused over it.

“That sounds like a great idea, I’ve been stuck inside all day with the assignments you’ve given me.” A pout faded in to a smile as Charlie really didn’t mind the homework, it had come in handy for some of their more recent interactions – but the sunshine was something that the padawan craved. “It’s been nice lately, though when it’s nice it means the plants that would like to devour me are running rampant…”

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic could smell the fresh cooked food, something his stomach had missed when he was gone. At least from its rumbles that seemed so. However, he couldn't eat, the crowd in the mess hall was intense. The noise alone overwhelmed Yuroic, so loud and so varied. Sounded like a million voices all shouting at him at once. His mind just collapsed into blankness, he couldn't focus or speak when confronted by that many people.

The gardens were relaxing, a calm amongst the storm. Everything moved at nature's pace, with the quietness that comes with that. Inhaling the grassy, earthy smells that engulfed his senses, Yuroic became aware of another's presence. Two others to be exact. His eyes remained closed, they were not close but neither were they far away. He was interested to see if they would come over and greet him.

Touching the nearby flowers delicately, Yuroic stared intently at the flowers. Perhaps it wasn't the Temple and the Order changing that he truly feared. Was he not suited for the Silver Jedis? There still lurked the monster inside him, reminding him of his deeds. Perhaps the Order would reject him, see the monster he was. Panic settled in, catching his breath in his throat. Nostrils flared, his anger rose slightly as he refused to let the anxiety control him. Dismissing it, he settled his temper to a soft simmer, always near the zurface, always ready to boil.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"]

Something about the day had rubbed Asaraa wrong from the moment she woke up, some kind of foreboding a feeling that something was coming. That sense had stayed with her all through the morning, a niggling feeling that she couldn't shake. All through the meditations she was supposed to be doing in the morning, the powers training. She couldn't bring herself to focus properly, the morning seemed to drag on and she couldn't wait for a break, a chance to sneak out of the temple. Even now after all this time when it came down to it, when she needed a to clear her head she still sought the outdoors, the quiet solitude of nature.

For today a quick run had seemed the best way to get past it, to get out into the air and clear her head, and the best thing, it actually worked. When your heart started pumping there wasn't much space left in your head for anything other than thinking about the next step and letting everything else fall into place. One circuit round Silver's Rest was normally a good course, one circuit that she never made. From her dorm out to the training ground and round the infirmary was fin, when she reached the garden's though Asaraa's progress ground to a screeching halt, the water bottle in her hands falling down to the floor as she felt her mind blank out, blue eyes blinking in surprise. You could expect a lot to just happen around Silver Rest but the sight of Yuroic sniffing a flower as he stood in the middle of the garden was not something she'd thought she'd be seeing when she woke up this morning.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Charlie"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Yuroic felt Asaraa's presence well before the bottle came crashing to the ground. He smirked slightly to himself as he stood to his full height, not at first looking at her. He was facing away from her in fact. "Hello Asaraa, it has been too long. I hope that you didn't break that bottle." A calm statement, he was unsure how his former Padawan would take his sudden return, or how she coped in his absence. Perhaps there was resentment for abandoning her during her training. He could easily understand that. He had know that feeling all too well.

Turning slowly to face her, he noticed that before him did not stand the version of Asaraa he knew. "I. I apologise, seems I have confused you with another. I was sure that your presence reminded me of my former Padawan." Using the Force, he lifted the bottle of water back into her hands. "I'm sorry if my appearance frightened you, don't be alarmed, I am no threat. I was a Jedi once like you." Yuroic confessed, explaining his presence to this seemingly stranger.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"]

It was always the same reaction, but she never got tired of it, it was like she could pass invisible in a room filled with people who already knew her. A little like her previous life, the previous her was a ghost, an echo that seemed to drift further and further away every day. Only that wasn't entirely true, it couldn't be or Yuroic wouldn't have sensed her. It was however close enough to the truth she realised as she saw the flash of uncertainty in the Jedi's eyes, the confusion and lack of recognition she'd expected and wondered about.

It took the young woman a moment to recover, a handful of seconds that seemed to drag out, stretching out the beat of her heart for longer and longer before she shook her head trying to clear away the malaise threatening her. "Were a Jedi Master? You wouldn't be here if there wasn't a part of you that still was a Jedi, or at least wants to be." It seemed some things jsut came too naturally, the honorific slipping out of her mouth as Asaraa's eyes narrowed as she gestured towards the ground, a tendril of the force wrapping around her bottle, pulling it back up into her hand. "What does bring you here if not you're not a Jedi? There are people, lessons here that always seem to reach out and draw you in, especially the one about not always believing what your eyes show you."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Charlie"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

He laughed as she called him a Jedi Master. That title was always a pipe dream to Yuroic, to be a Master of the Force, but he was never going to be that. The darkness within Yuroic prevented him being anything but the monster he saw in his reflection. He touched the plantlife that was near him, carefully considering the question posed to him. Did he wish to be a Jedi once? Somewhere deep within, maybe, but wishing didn't make it so.

"I can never be a Jedi, it isn't who I am. Reason I am here is because I disappeared long ago and decided to seek out my friends, people I cared for, let them know I am safe. I also decided to remain an ally to the Silver Jedi. They will always be my family. And one must protect their family." Flashes of his parents. Pleading with him. Telling him that he was theirs. Telling him that family does not arrest family. Blood. Screams. Tears.

Anger boiled deep within Yuroic's stomach. They never protected him, looked after him. Abandoned as a baby. Clenching his jaw, he tried suppressing his anger. Painful as it was, he felt it pass. "I... I should go. Today has been more difficult than I thought." Yuroic hid his face, ready to leave.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Charlie"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

"You know, if you didn't take so many 'breaks' while working with the materials I gave you, then you would finish sooner."

On more that one occasion, she had caught Charlie snoozing or playing on her ancient handheld. It didn't bother Jyoti, as Charlie eventually got around to finishing her training.

"Not to worry, the force field generators around the campus keep the critters out." Critters being man-eating beasts like dog-sized flies and spiders. Every so often careless Jedi and Rangers had accidents within the wilds of Kashyyyk.

As soon as Charlie had her tray, she led them outside to the gardens. It was a pleasant spring day, so many other Jedi had gotten the same idea as Jyoti about eating outside. She could see others practicing their abilities or quietly meditating.

While looking around, though, her silver eyes were drawn to a particular presence, both familiar and foreign all at once. She found Asaara in the distance talking to a man. Focusing, she made him out to be Yuroic.

He looked and felt more different than even the last time they had crossed paths, but underneath the changes, she could still feel the same young man she had met years ago on Voss.

"Yuroic Xeriac?" She asked as she came near the pair.

For a moment, Charlie was forgotten as she looked upon her former apprentice with a wistful gaze, an expression that no one would understand.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Charlie"]

(Totally didn't mean to join this a week ago and forgot. Nope)

During an intermission for his missions where he was intending to use to spend time with Jason and work on training with his Padawans before shipping out for another mission - which at the conclusion of, the two would be going home for some rest - a familiar presence would ring through Josh's senses. The Jedi Master knew what that presence was, but had not felt it in some time... And yet at the same time it felt a fair bit different too, but there was no mistaking it. He hadn't known the exact "why" behind Yuroic's exit, but he did know that he was trained by Arisa, and had happened to train a few Padawans that lately he had met and had his share of problems with.

But the circumstances of why he would suddenly be back on the planet and why the presence had changed so much would be something he decided to address first as he would follow his senses. Seeing as he did so in a bit of a hurry, a two year old was riding on the Jedi Master's back, poking out from above his head as he would hold onto his head for support.

He said nothing at first as he approached the crowd that had gathered. He figured it was best he just listen for the time being, and speak if need be.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Charlie"]

Another oddly familiar presence came over Yuroic as he paused in his walk. It seemed more were arriving to meet him, or the Force had guided them to him. He turned and faced Jyoti, giving a small bow, he greeted her and her Padawan. The ever hungry Padawan it seemed. "Greetings Master Nooran and Padawan Charlie. I was revisiting here to apologise for my absence, I had to take time away." Yes, he needed time to understand who he was now, though it was a challenging task. One that seemed not fully complete as his mind was in constant whirlwind of emotions. Anger driving it hardest.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Master DragonsFlame. The head of an infant poking from his shoulder. "Greetings Master DragonsFlame. I hope you and your son are enjoying this lovely weather. Nothing beats a warm day in the gardens." His gaze slightly turned to face the Master. His voice polite in tone and meaning, his eyes were cold and dark. He was unprepared to meet new faces, or slightly less familiar faces than he wished. There had been hope that Asaraa or Jairdain would still be present.

"I was hoping to meet Asaraa, I wanted to apologise for abandoning her training. I'm guessing she is a Knight by now on her own missions, she was nearly ready for the trials when I left." Yuroic commented to no one in particular as he took a seat. His plan to escape seemed foiled by the presence of others. "Sorry if I seem cold, my ordeal... I am not the social being I once was. Too long in isolation I fear." Another comment shared out to be left in the air.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] (Don't worry, just glad you could join!) | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"]

The outpouring of anger from her old master was so out of place, so unusual from the normally controlled man that Asaraa found herself set back, surprised by the reaction. The padawan found herself reeling in surprise, unable to react properly for a few seconds as Yuroic turned away, greeting Jyoti and Charlie as the thoughts chased around her head. "Wait, no not that easily! What in the force happened to you?" For a moment she forgot that he hadn't recognised her, the concern in her voice that of someone concerned about a friend. It took everythign Asaraa hand not to drag Yuroic around and shake the answers out of him. "Ahh, ah right I didn't actually take the trails yet...um yeah so...things kinda happened while you were gone," she admitted, "But what ordeal?"

Her hand reached for Yuroic's shoulder, stopping short as she grasped helplessly at the air, not sure if she should reach out to the man or not. The Padawan bobbed her head at Josh, Jyoti and Charlie over Yuroic's shoulder as she pressed her lips together. "And I thought I had a story to tell next time we met." Finally, the young woman lowered her arm, a frustrated sigh escaping her lips as she took a step back to peer at Yuroic from the side, trying to discern any differences in the man.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"]

Josh nodded his head as Yuroic would greet him. "It is good to see you again, Yuroic. Some of your former Padawans have been causing a bit of trouble, so I've heard. It might be good to talk to and give some advice to some of your students, while you're here. It might do them some good" He spoke with a light smile, though quirked a brow when he said that he was looking for Asaraa. But she was right here! And Asaraa couldn't just go and tell him, despite throwing a thousand hints that she was Asaraa. The Jedi Master let out a sigh, at first wondering if he should just let her get to it eventually.

Jason would lower himself, hiding his head behind Josh's shyly. The child was still fairly timid, especially with new people. Josh had tried his best to get him used to people since becoming Jason's primary caretaker, but it was going to take some work.

Clearly, this was not getting anywhere, as he watched Asaraa, so he let out a sigh and lightly shook his head. "Yuroic. This young lady is Asaraa" He added, motioning toward the pink-haired woman standing beside him. "You don't recognize her at all?"

Of course, Josh had no idea that he was standing near two cyborgs. One of which was Arisa Yune.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] - [member="Jyoti Nooran"] - [member="Charlie"] - [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

The revelation that Asaraa was not the Togruta he had left floored him. Taking a seat to recover, Yuroic gazed at Asaraa sternly, he could not believe how different she was now. Almost a complete stranger to him, he frowned slightly, missing his Togruta Padawan and days where things were simpler. But in fairness, he wasn't the man that she knew when he left either. He looked over at Josh as he commented on his former Padawans causing trouble. He doubted that Asaraa would be troubling anyone, Yuroic knew it would be Draven, the boy was head strong and a deep regret filled Yuroic. He shouldn't have abandoned the boy, he needed someone to keep from falling to the Dark Side.

"Yes, I will have a word with Draven when I can. Though, it might be falling on deaf ears, he was always headstrong and rushing into fights he was never ready for. Day one I feared his anger would lead him down a dark path." Yuroic commented, his mind trying to understand everything that happened with Asaraa. "Last I saw Asaraa she was a Togruta, so please forgive me if I don't recognise her new face. I did think her Force presence was the same but such a radical difference in appearance confused me." Yuroic admitted to Josh as he finally faced Asaraa once more. "Seems we have much to discuss. Sadly, I think I am unsuitable to continue you to your trials. Not being a Jedi anymore, what I believe and how I use the Force no long align with the Jedi Code."

It saddened him that he could train Asaraa once but at the same time, came as a relief, for who he was now was not a person safe around those he cared about. The monster within Yuroic remained and he couldn't risk harming those he loved. Remaining a lone wolf seemed to be his best option these days. Taking a deep breath. "How is the order doing? Any way I can contribute?" He asked openly, ready to serve as a soldier. An instrument of the Jedi for now.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"]

She had been a Togruta at one point? Josh had to double take a moment, looking from Yuroic, to Asa, then back to Yuroic, and then back to Asa.

"Well, on the bright side, she does have a cute new face. So I can see why she doesn't seem all that upset" Josh would comment with a casual shrug, seeming to take the news in stride. It was a good that he was going to be talking to Draven, at least... Perhaps Draven needed guidance from his old Master to set him straight. Because they weren't listening to anyone else, clearly. And Josh had tried every way that he knew, even trying to appeal to the warrior side of Draven's nature.

"Hmm..." He would muse aloud then, as he pondered the situation with Asaraa. It would be a waste for her to try and get through the rest of her training alone without guidance, considering she was a talented individual who he'd worked with once or twice on a few missions. Perhaps...

"If you're not willing to finish her training... Then I am" Josh would admit toward Yuroic, then looking toward Asaraa. "I run a training program, myself. Normally I guide Padawans from start to finish, but I can amend it a bit to suit preparing her for her Jedi Trials. She can run a few missions with my Padawans and I, I can help her refine her game and figure out her weaknesses, and I'll personally give Asaraa her Jedi Trials. My program's not the easiest, but... Asaraa has shown she can handle it."

He looked toward Asaraa then. "But that's only if she wants to, obviously."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] - [member="Charlie"] - [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] - [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Charlie pouted as her Master teased her about the breaks she would take. The woman would load the poor padawan with so much to get done, especially after she discovered that Charlie would stay up for hours on end. It was a secret Charlie regretted letting the Master find out.

The headed out to the garden and Charlie yawned slightly. She hadn’t slept in a couple of days and a nap sounded amazing especially after lunch. Though she figured Jyoti had a few plans for them afterwards possibly. The padawan made a mental note to get through lunch and training then sleep for a long while.

“I don’t take that many breaks, I read somewhere that the mind can only focus for seventeen minutes at a time. So to maximize my studies I take a break every…seven…Jyoti?”

Charlie continued to walk as her Master seemed to have stopped. Looking over her shoulder, Charlie blinked and then followed the line of sight towards Asaraa and a hooded man. Before the girl knew it, the hooded man was given a name by Jyoti and was saying hi to her. Nodding, she acknowledged him and then looked towards Asaraa who seemed a bit frustrated at the events.

The conversation between Masters and Asa continued, Charlie really had nothing to say in the matter, but moved closer to Asa to help support her friend. From her understanding the man who was here – was her master who had disappeared. Charlie wondered how she would feel if Jyoti ever disappeared like that. A grim thought, but she pushed it aside and offered one of her marshmallow rice treat to Asa, hoping that like her, food was a comfort.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Everything was happening so fast right now, she had woken up that day expecting for it to be just like any other. Only that plan hadn’t really worked out, she’d gone from an early morning run to seeing her old master to an offer of training by the Silver jedi’s Battlemaster. For a long moment the girl just stood there speechless as her brain raced to catch up with the goings on. She was peripherally aware of [member="Jyoti Nooran"] and [member="Charlie"] approaching the group, wrapped up in a conversation that seemed to peter out as they joined the little congregation.

As confused as she might have been her friend cut straight through that with no compunctions at all. She took the treat offered by the Seoulian Padawan, nodding gratefully at her friend as she turned the marshmellow rice over and over in her fingers, feeling the slightly sticky feeling of the sugar residue on her fingers as she twisted to let her blue eyes skate over [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] before settling on [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] as she gave a short nod. “If you’re willing then I’d be a fool to turn away any offer of help or improving myself wouldn’t I Master Dragonsflame. I’d be honoured.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom