Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding A Place To Crash

He grinned when she answered his question. He was a little surprised that she had been willing to provide an answer. But it was a good test of where the boundaries lay as far as her willingness to answer went. Her answer also helped him gauge her comfort. Both useful things to know going forward. "Single huh? I imagine there is a long line of suitors trying to change that though..." He took a sip of his drink then, briefly looking into the drink for a moment. Finally lifting it back to Ra. "Alas, no, regrettably... But maybe one day. Unfortunately, my order did not allow for us to marry..."

[member=Riamah]

"There are a few. None have yet to uh...how to put it? Catch my heart fully. That is as good of a way to put it as any, I suppose."

This was an honest answer and there wasn't a need to keep it secret. Not something Ra was likely to do. She shook her head slightly when he said his order did not allow one to marry.

"What order was that? Is it not human nature to have the want and desire to carry on a bloodline? To put that kind of binding on a person isn't right. At least I don't think so."

@Drauchir​

He was not in the least bit surprised to hear that many had tried and failed, for obvious reasons. She was beautiful, powerful, and honest. It was a striking combination that even now was drawing him in.He did his best not to seem too confused as she spoke of human nature. It was a combination of words that was foreign to him, if only for the fact that he had no idea what a human was. His people were known as Eregonians. Perhaps the word Human was what Ra and her people were known as. Which he assumed was the case as she spoke of passing on bloodlines. "Human... A strange term... Is that what you are? a human? And if we were considered people, I suppose many others would feel the same way..." While he was somewhat respected on Eregion, many of his people viewed his order with fear and suspicion. "Where I come from, we are known as the Faradrim... Uhhh... I suppose the term you might be familiar with is hunters... Yes... you see, Eregion was filled with many things that were evil and unnatural... Creatures and Eregonians alike that were misshapen and abused the dark magicks. To keep our people safe, the Faradrim were founded with the goal to combat them... Unfortunately for us, the only way to fight the darkness... was to use its own power against it. And so that is what they did... We pledge our very beings to the Order, so that they might turn us into hunters..." Drauchir could still remember the pain the process caused. Of feeling his entire being turned into something else and perverted by the very thing they would fight against. But he had survived it, where others had not. It was not for the weak of heart to undergo the process. Many of those he had gone in with had died that day. And every time he saw a new batch of recruits, he was reminded of those that were lost. "We are not considered people... Merely tools used against the darkness. That is why we were forbidden to marry. We are not viewed as being worthy of a binding to another... And since we are created from darkness, what mad spawn might we create to carry on our bloodlines?" Although marriage was forbidden, many had made secret pacts with each other within their order. Pledging to remain loyal and delve into the pleasures of the flesh. And he himself had enjoyed the fruit of many a grateful survivor.

[member=Riamah]

"Yes, I am human. At least I think I am. Grew up on a no name world with little to no outside contact with the galaxy itself. Sounds quite similar to you, but we are thought of as human. Maybe that is what you are and you just don't know it?"

Listening to what Drauchir was saying, Ra wondered why he wasn't considered a person.

"You are flesh and I assume blood. How are you not a person?"

Rolling the word he said around in her mind a few times and continued to learn his story.

"This world does not have much life, but there is a darkness to it. Do you feel it?"

Nodding at what he said about his order, she didn't question him further on it. If there was anything else he wanted to say, she would welcome the information, but she wasn't going to press.

[member="Drauchir"]

Drauchir listened with interest as Ra spoke about her upbringing in some distant land. He gave a shrug of his shoulders as she asked if maybe he was a human too. "I suppose it is possible... It would not be the strangest thing I learned..." As she posed her next question, he wondered if perhaps her confusion came from cultural differences. "I certainly am flesh and blood, but so too is a Nerf, and they are considered animals and things to eat..." He nodded then, as she asked him if he felt the darkness here. It was much harder to ignore it now that he was inside the castle and he was recovering more from the crash landing "It is hard to not notice it. It permeates the very stones of this castle... No doubt part of the reason life here is so scarce... An ancient evil that predates your residence here, if I'm not mistaken?"

[member=riamah]

"You have something they lack though. Intelligence, sentience and ability. I suppose we are all animals or can be considered them, but a different kind than those we eat as food."

It would be tested on if he was or wasn't, but it appear there wasn't the interest there so Ra did not ask or offer it to him. With the change of topic, she nodded.

"Yes this castle has been around for over 800 years. At times it would be nice to know what all has happened through that time. Sadly a lot of history was lost and this place doesn't hold much from those dark times."

There was a nexus here and it brought that darkness into the atmosphere.

"I think the lack of natural wild life here is due more to the acid rain and not the darkness."

[member="Drauchir"]

“Some of us are more animalistic than others...” He listened with interest then, as Ra spoke of the Castles history. 800 Years was a long time, especially for the place to still be standing and inhabited as it was. He couldn’t help but wonder what the place looked like when it was first built. Did it have many of the technologies that were considered rare and off limits to most people on his world. Or was it a much more humble origin. Judging by the darkness here, it was more likely some mix of the two[/i) “Perhaps it is for the best that some things are unknown from the past... Simetimes they can lead us astray...” Henodded and let out a soft chuckle as Ra suggested the rain was more at fault, then the dark energy “At the moment, yes. But it’s possible the darkness here birthed the acidic rain... But that is just a thought, and far less captivating... So, how is it that you came to live here?”

[member=Riamah]

"Such is the way with any culture or people. Some are more animalistic than others. You have yet to indicate you are an animal."

Agreeing with him on the aspect of not knowing everything from the past, it would be nice to know more though. With the loss of bad things, good things and just general knowledge had been lost as well.

"Some things I do agree on. There are also many things around today that can lead us astray as you put it. It is unknown which came first, but to my knowledge there has been the rain here since before this castle was built."

Drauchir then expressed an interest in knowing how she had come to live here. Lifting an eyebrow just slightly at him, Ra wasn't entirely sure how much to tell him. Deciding on the minimum that was the truth, she formed her words.

"When its previous owner disappeared, it was given to me by the then government that controlled this planet. As a place to live and train. That government is now gone, but I remain and have formed my own. Might not be as powerful or strong as the previous one, but growing in power. You say you were created to fight dark beings, entities and magics? Perhaps you might be interested in my movement."

Taking a sip of her drink, she set the glass down again as she looked at her guest.

"It was created with the purpose of taking out the evil in the galaxy."

[member="Drauchir"]

“You’ve yet to see me in true combat... or a bedroom” While both statements were both true, the latter comment at least was a little more humorous made. Not so much for the sake of conversation, so much as to keep his mind off the battle state he could be worked up into. He nodded then, listening as she stated that the rain seemed to predate the structure. But his real attention was upon Ra’s story of how she came to own the castle. He took a deep sip of his drink then, as she made mention of a government that she lead that had the purpose of taking out evil within the galaxy.

He mulled the thought over for a moment. His glass tilting, causing the liquid within to swirl in a circle. While he did not quite understand the meaning of the galaxy, he suspected it had something to do with the great dark beyond. That veil filled with dots of lights. As he recalled, the night sky was filled with countless lights, and each light could be orbited by many lands, much like his lost home. It sounded like an insurmountable task. To visit each and every world, ridding it of evil, and moving on to the next.

It had taken their entire order just to keep Eregion safe. And that was but one land. How many did this government number, if they were able to patrol an area almost infinitely larger.
“Indeed I was created for that purpose... It is one of the only things I know how to do... But in this new place... I don’t know. It just seems so large... I suspect there is much more yet to learn about your group, especially if they are capable of traversing the stars with ease...I suppose it would do no harm to at least give it a chance, at least while the search continues and until they confirm I was the only survivor...”

[member=riamah]

"True combat of any variety rarely happens, Drauchir."

Her follow up did not fully address his comment, but it did touch on it slightly. Even in a bedroom, in certain aspects it could be thought of as combat. Humorous or not, Ra chose not to say anything further on it. Let what she said be enough for him to get his own opinion.

There was silence between them, but Ra could tell he was thinking on what she had said.

"This galaxy is very large. I have a hand in many things and my movement can be found in them. The people that are with me, go out and are the face of this movement. Things are run from the shadows by me and that is how I like it. Now I do have a question for you, maybe more. I'll start with this one though."

Taking a sip of her drink to make sure she had his attention, she set the glass down before asking it.

"Are you willing to be one that goes out into the light or do you prefer to stay in the shadows like I do?"

[member="Drauchir"]

He smirked as she replied to his prior comment, even if not fully addressing it fully. "Perhaps you have yet to meet a worthy adversary, my dear..." He listened then, as she spoke further about her groups activities and her own shadowy presence which touched upon many places and events. While she might prefer the shadows and achieve her purpose there. Drauchir was not one for political schemes and treachery. He had been born and created with a purpose. "Hold that thought a moment..." He rose from his seat then, before undoing several latches that held his armour in place. He removed his shoulder armour and chest plate, letting them fall to the ground, before pulling off his shirt and mail armour. Revealing the numerous scars that marred his torso from battles long gone. "I prefer to fight an opponent head on. There is a time and place for subtlety, but such skills were not imparted upon me..."

[member=riamah]

There was a small uplift of her lips as she took a sip of her drink at his first comment, but she let the subject drop. Drauchir was confident in his abilities and that was something she needed. When he requested her to hold onto her thought, Ra fell silent to allow him to do what he did and express his answer in a far greater method than simple words.

"So I can provide the subtle and you bring the arms."

It was a clear statement to his answer and she nodded.

"Do you have any opponents in mind?"

Her eyes looked over his torso, but not with any sort of hunger that might be expected at such a sight. Yes, he was attractive, but Ra did not think along those lines. She much preferred getting to know a person and building a relationship with them. Not one to just hop in the sack at the feeling of primal attraction, she would allow time to pass before she made any moves herself.

@Drauchir

He gave a simple nod in response to her statement, before resuming his seat opposite her. Picking his glass back up and drinking further from it as she asked if he had any opponents in mind. He set the glass back down as he locked his gaze to Ra's. "That is a decision I leave to your expertise... I am a stranger in these lands. The foes you face are likely not anything I know of..."

[member=riamah]

She wasn't one to give in to her more primal desires or even really think of them. However, when Drauchir just sat back down without donning his shirt again, Ra couldn't help but notice. Even yet, she did not do anything about the stirring within her.

Keeping her mind focused on the business side of things, she nodded when he said she could pretty much name which enemies to strike at...it gave her an idea. Leaning forward with as she finished her nod, she picked up her drink and took a sip.

"My list is rather large, but I intend to take out as much of the Sith Empire as I can."

Setting the glass back down, it was empty and her communicator went off. The search party was reporting on their discovery.

"Your companion has not been found yet. I will have a room made ready for you and you are welcome to stay here as long as you need to."

[member="Drauchir"]

A smirk danced across his lips as Ra did her best to remain on topic. He finished the last of his own drink then, as Ra spoke of the Sith Empire that she sought to take out. While he did not necessarily understand what the term Sith meant, he understood Empires well enough. He had seen ones that worked for the good of the people, and those that sought to empower only those at the highest ranks. Given Ra sought to tear as much of it down as she could, he suspected it was the later kind of Empire. "And my blade shall be yours to command in this venture then, my dear..." He set his own glass down as Ra's communicator went off. Seemingly signalling the end of their meeting as well. While he had suspected the search party would not find anything yet, he still felt as if a cruel blow had been dealt to him at such confirmation. "Thank you... Perhaps my apprentice yet lives, or perhaps she has finally ridden into that long night..." He rose from his chair then and took a couple steps toward Ra, before taking a knee before her. He reached down and withdrew the wolf pommeled sword from its sheath, placing the blade carefully upon her lap. He bowed his head slightly forward then. "I, Drauchir of the Faradrim, pledge my blade to the noble Lady Ra'a'mah Numare. To be used against those that seek to spread chaos and darkness... Doth the Lady agree?" He raised his gaze up to meet Ra's, locking his gaze with her own to await her answer.

[member=riamah]

There was a subtle change in Drauchir when he accepted the report from her scouts. He stood up and approached her. Withdrawing his sword, he took to a knee in front of her and pledged himself to her. There was one thing about Ra, she did not give her word lightly and she sensed the same from him. This was not something to throw away and this pledge indicated he would be loyal to her.

Lifting the blade as carefully as he laid it on her lap, she was very solemn in her actions. She held it for a few moments and looked down at him as he looked into her eyes.

"I do accept your pledge. It will not be wasted."

[member="Drauchir"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom