Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

4b70a358707729f744cf6415f8c1dd01.jpg
An audio message appears on your data pad from Ryan Korr. You open it.

"There is an old proverb that he who fights monsters should beware, lest he become what he fights."

*a heavy sigh*

"The High Council convened. In lieu of Master Raaf's disappearance, the weight of command falls on my shoulders, ill-suited though they are. Perhaps I should be happy, to have achieved such a title. But I can think of few curses worse to lay upon a Jedi.

​"Thus, it is my task to issue this message. We fight monsters. In six years, the Sith have wrested the center of the galaxy from free peoples. Before that it was the Sith Empire that loomed over us, haunted our waking thoughts. Bitter years. Long years. Years that took their toll.

"But you know this. In bits and pieces, we have stood by and watched the Republic's moral foundation erode. Slowly, and now all at once. The Jedi Order played its fair share in these events. On http://starwarsrp.net/topic/3951-workers-revolution-republic-takeover-of-contruum/]Contruum, we started an insurrection, then cut them loose. Terrorism, by any other name. The list does not end there. I'm sure you've all read or heard of Master [member="Quorl"]'s list, or had your image caster infected by the http://starwarsrp.net/topic/21041-vlk/]VLK virus.

"Perhaps we might have overlooked these events, had they not become so common. First the former Lasedri's coup, then the crimes of Ali Hadrix. Civilians deaths may have been ruled as acceptable casualties of war, had there been a trial, but to tell an entire planet that unless they capitulated the Republic would sit back and watch them burn? Sickening. Life should not be so cheap.

"But I fear my words grow overlong and I am no politician. This is the message.

"The Jedi Order has had enough. The Republic is free in name only. Its values perished long ago. We will no longer fight and die to protect a government so thoroughly corrupt and incapable of safeguarding the lives of its own citizens.

"Those who would asphyxiate whole families, threaten planets, genocide the Graug, slaughter prisoners of war, sink an inhabited city, and cause such unnecessary suffering and death will no longer receive the aid of the Jedi Order from this day forward.

"To that end, I affirm the previous http://starwarsrp.net/topic/30241-the-jedi-auctions-the-aftermath-jedi-high-council/page-2]decision rendered by Grandmaster Grayson on Matsu Ike. For the sinking of Ahto City, the theft of Jedi holocrons, and the complete lack of remorse, Matsu Ike is banished from all Jedi Order holdings for life, else face arrest and imprisonment.

"The Silver Jedi may have forgotten the horrors wrought by her hands. We do not.

"I call the Jedi formerly known as Vulpesen Torrevaso to account for his deeds on Roche before the High Council in the matter of the use of a biological agent inducing great suffering and mental anguish.

"I call the Supreme Commander of the Republic Ali Hadrix to account for her crimes before the Mandalorian government. She is to be arrested on sight.

"Relate any evidence of further members or associates of the Order who you believe to be guilty of a war crime to my office or the offices of the High Council.

"Justice will be done, though the heavens fall."

Korr sat in the chambers, surrounded by the members of the High Council. [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Mak Manto"], [member="Quorl"], and [member="Shmi Labooda"]. Stern gray eyes met their gazes, unyielding, unwavering.

"We need to talk about attachment," the Coruscant accent came cool and clipped. "We've all fought for the Republic. Bled for it. Watched our friends die for it. War changes governments as much as people. This Republic, it isn't the same, but there is a new hope in the galaxy. I think it is time we considered joining the Alliance in full. Not just the government, but the New Jedi Order as well. Their reasons for secession arose from the fading morals of the Republic. I thought they were foolish. I thought the Republic would flare to life again, a phoenix from the ashes.... I was wrong.

"So, I ask you this. Are we willing to give up our status, our titles, and our positions so that we might present a unified front as a single new Jedi Order? Or will we continue to cling to them out of melancholic nostalgia."

As I have done these last few years...

[member="Ryan Korr"] [member="Mak Manto"] [member="Quorl"] [member="Shmi Labooda"]

Red puffy eyes, dark circles under them from sleepless nights, were the only evidence that Taeli had privately been crying over the disappearance of her sister. She hadn't even been able to feel her through their Force Bond when the act occurred. She knew she wasn't dead, but she was beyond help or return right now.

Half of her mind had wanted to blame someone or something, anything, for Corvus vanishing ... but she had pushed that aside to do her duty. Corvus would have wanted her to continue on, to be strong for those who needed guidance in the troubled times plaguing the galaxy. The Republic was about to fall, and it didn't deserve to be saved in her reckoning.

"I agree that we should join the Alliance," she said quietly before falling silent again for a few moments. "The situation in the Republic has worsened even further, Eshan has declared itself independent ... whether they stay as such or the Republic forces them back in remains to be seen. If they hold out, other worlds will join in such ... and we should be glad they do. The monstrosity that is the Republic ... is beyond redemption."

Odd of her to say as such, being a former Sith, but she was committed to her current path ... and did not want reminders of her earlier years.

[member="Ryan Korr"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Quorl"] [member="Shmi Labooda"]

Looking at the others, his beard twitched slightly as he wondered on what to say to them, to the Council. Was it time to give them the truth or was he to still hide behind a white lie until a better time came?

"If I was told that tomorrow I would become a common man, a Jedi Master no longer, in exchange that the Galaxy would be given peace from the forces of evil, I'd wouldn't hesitate for a single moment to throw my title away."

Feeling the truth on his lips, he let out a small sigh.

"I've been doing this for over two hundred years and I have hundreds more yet to come and I'm worn out. If we can bring an end to the Sith, then we need to be willing to do whatever it takes."

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
She sat still in her seat, legs crossed and her hands resting in her lap though her fingers were tapping. It would seem that for once Shmi had a lot on her mind. She looked to the others as they spoke, looking down afterwards to think more on what she could offer up for the discussion.

"On the case of the Republic, I can agree. All things run their course, and I think we all know that it has. If we're talking whats best for the Galaxy going forward then I suppose letting go and allowing the government to fade would be in the best interest of the people. Despite the ties I have personally my duty is to maintaine peace, and I am willing to do so."

She sighed, and brought her right hand to grip her chin. She wasn't entirely about the merge, not because she herself wouldn't adapt but she knew of some who wouldn't and she wondered where that left them.

"My question would be...and what of those who wish to remain separate of the Alliance?"

[member="Mak Manto"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Quorl"]

Well this was certainly unexpected, though it followed along in the same vain as the discussion he'd had with his Master before her disappearance. Speaking of which, he still felt a hollow within his being because of her disappearance. He had counted on her steady hand and beliefs in leading the Jedi. Of all those he had met, she was the closest in beliefs to him. But most of all, she was his Master and they would always share that bond. Her disappearance made him not feel himself.

And then a new grandmaster was elected. Barrien didn't know this man. He didn't think they had met each other in all of the time he had been among the Jedi. There wasn't really any reason for them to, though he wished they had. Especially when he received the message that was relayed to his datapad, which his protocol droid Forza was operating for him.

He settled into one of the meditation gardens in the temple, aiming to center himself. He agreed in the failings of the Republic. Ever since his escape from Oaken Dawn and arrival among the Jedi, he'd seen the many terrible things that had come from the Republic and other galactic powers. It was for this reason that he had gone to Corvus and relayed his belief that the Jedi should be tied to no major galactic entity at all, that it restricted them from doing what they existed to do in the first place. They weren't soldiers, they were peacekeepers. Sometimes that meant fighting Sith. Other times that meant detective work.

Closing his eyes, he calmed himself. He hoped to, at some point, speak with this new grandmaster, but he was aware that the man was in session with the council. It would have to wait.

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Mak Manto"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"]

The hardened stare lingered on [member="Taeli Raaf"]. Forgiveness did not come easy. Prone to grudges, as the Silver Jedi might attest. A flaw any Jedi would loathe. Redemption was the road less traveled, but when he looked on this sister of Corvus he saw his flaw put to shame.

Korr nodded once, accepting Manto and Raaf's confirmation. A slight frown creased his brow at Shmi's words. What to do with those who would not support the Alliance? What indeed.

"There is the Jedi Academy network, already well established across the galaxy, for those who wish to distance themselves from governments. And, of course... there are the Silver Jedi."

A ghost of a wince twitched across his lips.

[member="Mak Manto"] | [member="Quorl"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"]

Vulpesen's brows rose as he was called out. He'd always had a small feeling his use of the chemical agent would get him in trouble. Of course, that had given him plenty of time to prepare his own case and rationale. As far as he was concerned, there was little to no difference between skuri concentrate, and tear gas. Stepping forward from the crowd, holding a confidence that his ever present personal guard could defend him in case this new grand master forget his whole tenet of, 'There is no passion'. "Today? Tomorrow? What time is good for you?"

[member="Ryan Korr"]

Reading the datapad filled Dune with a sense of resignation. Grandmaster Korr wasn't mincing words and he frowned.the Silver Sanctum was the home of his own Master. Vulpesen Torrevaso had been a mentor and even a friend to him as a Padawan. He sighed and tilted his head back.

The actions of the Republic, he could understand Korr's stance. What had been done was wrong. Therefore, the Order couldn't justify supporting such a regime. The Bith felt a heaviness, an end of an era in his heart. His Order had stood by the Republic, but that was the past.

He hoped fervently that things could be patched up. Thurion Heavenshield would be highly displeased by Korr's words. This wasn't the way to reunification. The new head of the Order distressed him. Jedi were not the enemy. He'd speak to his leader, surely a Master would see reason.

[member="Ryan Korr"]@Vulpesen@Barrien Siegfried[member="Shmi Labooda"][member="Mak Manto"][member="Taeli Raaf"]

Tarrlok

She nodded slowly at the answer, she figured as much. That was the logical answer to that issue. She shifted in her seat and sat still for a koment with her thoughts just in the surface of her mind.

"I've heard you all, and I definitely see everyone's view on the matter. I respect that, however..." she tilted her head forward and let go a sigh. A minute would pass, because she second guessed what she was about to say to make sure it's what she wanted.

"I'm agaisnt this joining of the Alliance. I have no quarrel with them, I think their goals are just. I am all for supporting a unified front for the sake of the Galaxy but I don't think this is the way to go about it."

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Mak Manto"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Barrien Siegfried"] | [member="Vulpesen"]

Korr raised a single brow.

"What would your alternative be?"

By contrast to Shmi's squirming, Ryan sat almost unnervingly still, hands flat on the arms of his chair until they rose, pinnacling before him as he waited to hear the Jedi Master's proposal. In truth, Korr held no desire to be the Grand Master. He filled the void, but he could feel it pushing down, seeking to crush him even now. He could feel his muscles already beginning to tire as leadership took its toll, sapping him.

Why must it be he who severed ties with the Republic? Cutting out that cancer felt like cutting out his heart. Had he not lost enough already? The answer, as always, was no. One more pound of flesh. One more bucket of blood. One more friend to burn on a bundle of wood.

Coruscant burning in my dreams.

[member="Shmi Labooda"] | [member="Kira Talith"] | [member="Quorl"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Vulpesen hmphed but leaned against the wall by the council doors, his tail flicking from side to side. "And what kind of person gives this information through a data pad..." His eyes looked over the sentinels. Of course, a new administration meant bad news for him. He'd only come back after hearing of Corvus' actions and amazing reputation. Now with her gone, he feared the order would fall back into something he would have no choice but to abandon once more.

Tarrlok

"I would propose that we establish some sort of intergovernmental organization or alliance; one that incorporates the Galactic Alliance, Silver Sanctum Coalition, and The Jedi Order. This would allow some co-operation on a Galactic scale, especially since the One Sith have put the galaxy in a state of emergency. The Orders have been talking on reunification for quite some time now, this could be a step in that direction also."

As she spoke, she sat upward in her seat. Her right arm was bent at the elbow resting off to the side on the armrest. Her forearm in a vertical position and her index finger hanging in the air as she made her point. She made her initial points and looked to the others. At least she was given the opportunity to speak, especially since those who were left of the Council seemed like they made up their minds.

"Under this united front, I say we re-create the Army of Light or a military force similar that encompasses all organizations involved for the very purpose of fighting back the Sith. I worry that this merger will still leave a good chunk of the Jedi out of the loop, at least this way we can join together our military mights, and afterward have an organization where representatives from each can continue to collaborate for the sake of the Galaxy and possibly the future of the Jedi."

She felt this was a way in which they could easily incorporate everyone without stepping on anyones shoes and forcing them to go a specific direction.

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Mak Manto"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Looking up sharply, Mak held his breath for a second as he heard what Shmi said about recreating the Army of Light. All of them, everyone who was a Jedi, had experience on the battlefield, but there were few who had held the title of Jedi and military officer at the same time.

Being a Senior Jedi General during the Clone Wars, he remembered what it had meant to be in charge of tens of thousands of troopers all under his command. It was something he wished he would never have to be again, seeing he had thrown away his rank before the war ended due to the event that had caused him grief.

"An army..."

Pulling out his pipe, he lit it up, worry in his eyes.

"If we do go ahead with such a plan, I will need to speak with another on this. Whatever decision this Council makes, we should all hold to it, and so will I but this is something far greater then maybe all of you realize."

Taking an inhale, he didn't pull the stem away and merely kept the pipe in his mouth as the corner of his lips moved softly.

"Being a Jedi and a General is a dirty business. I had the "honor" of being such a figure and it cost me more than just battles during the Clone Wars. Jedi became disillusioned with what was happening and left and still others fell to the temptations of the Dark Side."

"Friends, mentors and apprentices I knew and loved were lost on the battlefield when we became soldiers."

[member="Ryan Korr"] [member="Shmi Labooda"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Quorl"]

Flat, gray eyes stared at nothing, remembering the way the warmth faded so quickly from her body as she died in his arms, the way the rains of Ossus washed away the blood. The haunted gaze turned slowly toward [member="Shmi Labooda"].

"The Army of Light rose once before under Michael Sardun. Do you remember what became of it? I heard Sardun fell to the Dark, along with most of his host. This would be its..."

He tried to recall. "Third iteration of late. Aside from which, I am dubious this would truly unite all the Jedi, for there are many who are repulsed at the concept of militarization. This would be going against everything they believe in. And who would lead such an Army? You? Master Manto? Another, perhaps? There would always be squabbling for control among the varying Orders as each group sought to make their own disparate opinions heard. The Silvers would want to push isolationism. The New Jedi would be hyper-aggressive. And we of this Jedi Order would always be decried and sullied for whatever remnant of the Republic clings to us."

Fingers massaged the bridge of his nose.

"If it were led by a Council they would deliberate for too long to be of use in a military setting. Too indecisive. If it were led by a single person it might work, but that individual would have to lead with an iron grip, or else become bogged down by the lobbying of the factions. And in the end he or she would no doubt be called a tyrant by many and derided as no better than the Sith, seeking only to make war upon the enemy.

"As much as we all profess to own no possessions, we cling to our titles and our Orders with a misguided doggedness. We fear losing our traditions, our way of life. It is why you are so hesitant to join the New Jedi Order. It is why I was so hesitant to cut ties with the Republic. Give up our own individuality, for the sake of the whole? How could we. This is our great dilemma, the greatest obstacle to your Army of Light."

[member="Mak Manto"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Quorl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom