Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never done one of these before.

I've been writing Cedric for almost four years now. In that time he's gone from a ten year old child to a thirty-one year old Jedi Master, and a lot's changed. I've been trying to really capture the feeling of a Jedi from the days of the Old Republic in him, as well as the trope of the enlightened monarch.

I love praise as much as the next guy, but I'm really looking for ways I may be lacking in giving off that 'Jedi' vibe with Cedric, and I just generally want to know if people enjoy him, or if there are aspects of his character that don't seem to mesh well with the rest of his personality. My general reason for writing on RP sites is to improve my abilities in writing complex characters with depth. Can't improve if you can't see your own blindspots.

​Eh, Cedric gives me a sort of Dark Souls vibe Jedi. Always doing stuff, always out on the edges. What you could do with is more interaction with other types of Jedi. I don't see that super often, a great way to show the differences might be to put them together.

I see those two roles as fundamentally at odds. Veiere’s thing was to make the whole character about the conflict between them - but Cedric is very different. He is not a thinker or philosopher, he does stuff. He reads to me like he fully embraces his aspiration for the enlightened monarch role and basically breaks from more traditional Jedi by saying screw it, let’s use these powers trying to build something good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom