Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fears about Episode 7

altday2k.jpg

Well based on recent Disney movies, I am worried.
Also the director I think is the same one who did the Transformer movies, which in my opinion were really quite horrible.
My hope is that Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill have picked up their acting, because in IV, V, and VI they were not really good in my eye.

I have hope for this, but I fear quite a bit that this will be another disappointment rendered by Disney.

I keep saying this but…

You know that the Avengers and Marvel movies are owned by Disney, right? They turned out OK.

Disney is not the problem. The problem is with JJ Abrams if he decides he wants to completely change everything about the sequels just because he can.

It might be bad, it might be good, but I’m willing to give it a fair hearing and not judge it beforehand.

EmKay

What [member="Tamara"] said. I liked the new Star Trek movies, and I hope that Lucas and John Williams can keep some of the old (Original Trilogy old) spirit in the new movies.

How could Jar Jar be in it? He's most likely dead by now.

Based on the newly released set images for Episode 7, things are looking good. They are using more real-life sets and less CGI. No green screens. This is a return to form of the aesthetic of the old films.

Star Wars fans should take this as positive news.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
I'm scared of JJ Abrams.

Also--and I may get murdered here--I think the Marvel films are bad films. That includes Avengers, Transformers, and that thing called X-Men.

Overall, I'm just scared of this.

lol

No need to worry about being murdered by me. And hopefully everybody else.
The Avengers were fun, but they were certainly not the greatest quality. Transformers I absolutely loathe. And the new X-men are not to my taste.
I agree, JJ is not the best.

Beowoof said:
I'm scared of JJ Abrams.

Also--and I may get murdered here--I think the Marvel films are bad films. That includes Avengers, Transformers, and that thing called X-Men.

Overall, I'm just scared of this.
Transformers isn't marvel.
Rafeesh said:
lol

No need to worry about being murdered by me. And hopefully everybody else.
The Avengers were fun, but they were certainly not the greatest quality. Transformers I absolutely loathe. And the new X-men are not to my taste.
I agree, JJ is not the best.
JJ Abrams didn't direct any of those.

Beowoof

[member="Sokrai Ronaro"] Ah, OK. Marvel printed the Transformers comics back in the day. Guess I thought they would have their name on the films as well.

Veran

V
I'm scared that J.J. Abrams is just gonna screw everything up, Jar Jar, killing all the good characters off etc.

But I won't judge before I see it, maybe some miracle will make it good.

Beowoof

Ludolf Vaas said:
Which were good.
Your opinion. Which you have every right to. My opinion differs from yours, however.

Ludolf Vaas said:
How could JJ Abrams be any worse than George Lucas?
Unlike most Star Wars fans, I don't have any issues with Lucas, other than his little edits with the Greedo scene and Anakin's ghost in the Special Edition. Without George Lucas... there would be no Star Wars at all.

Ludolf Vaas said:
And given what I said above, with the desire to return to the aesthetic of the old films, the only news so far has been positive.
This, I will admit is a positive.

However, I do realize why the CGI was necessary for the newer trilogy, considering how the worlds they visited were quite more complex than just 'desert', 'Redwood Forest', and 'tundra'. Coruscant, Kamino, Utapau, Felucia... I'm not sure if there are places in our world that are comparable to the incredible locales seen in parts of the prequels.

That's just how I see it. If you didn't like Lucas' work... you probably wouldn't be here now. *shrugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom