Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Farewell Devaron

Coruscant // Restaurant // Open
Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr

Br8YpBr.png

Camo listened to Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr as opened up about his past and how he'd ended up here on this day in history. He appreciated the honesty if what he was saying was the truth, which Camo believed it was. Then the questions turned tables, he'd been waiting for this.

"I don't wear a helmet that's true, well, not during down time anyway"
replied Camo with a subtle hint to his life in the military, "it's not that I don't mind people knowing who I am, I tend to just blend into a crowd, try not to be to memorable" he smirked, "not much chance of that tonight I guess"

The Corellian paused for a moment wondering how much he should divulge about his profession. His pondering wasn't based on not wanting to tell the stormtrooper, more so on not wanting to put him back on edge again.

"As for what I do, I follow orders much like you used to do" he flashed a smile at the stormtrooper as he said this. Following orders was all Camo had ever known, whether that was in the Defence Force, the Corellian military or even just at home with his father, the joys of having an Admiral as a parent, his mother had been military too so everything had been thoroughly professional, there's not much fun in that type environment though.

Camo shook his head slightly and focused his gaze back on the man sat opposite him, there was no point focusing on things from the past, "I wish I could help you with your plans, private security? Keep the skills sharp, all the danger you're used to but a bigger payday at the end of it" Camo nodded approvingly, "I've considered it myself actually, easier said than done though isn't it? So, what can I call you?"

Don't do it. You are going to start something you can't finish. Well, you can finish it. Just not very nicely.

"You want to talk about being helpless? How does watching your parents die in front of you to pirates sound? Then be stuck alone for multiple months? Huh? Or what about this?"

Ripping my glove off, I pulled up my sleeve, revealing my robotic left forearm. Turning my palm, I made sure Dixon got a good look.

"And that is just the beginning. So don't you ever talk about being 'helpless' again. I became a Jedi so I could help people. Help them for the greater good."

My arm buzzed. Looking down, the data pad popped up on it.

Jedi assistance required on planet Devaron. Send help immediately

"We'll speak of the Emperor himself, look at this. Turns out there are people that want to help."

Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan

Objective: Stay out of trouble
Focus: Camo Orerig Camo Orerig

A man who followed orders? "Stang. Me and my big mouth" he thought to himself. Dezik knew now he was talking to a military man now, to who he wasn't sure worked for. Well the man hadn't tried to arrests him so Dezik wasn't off put but he remained ready for anything. "You can call me Dezik. And private security is the way to go after you get out. I recently scored big with some NIO officer and even though things didn't go to plan I still got a portion of the planned pay. The only problem is there are some real dirtbag employers out there. That's why lots of mercs end up working death squads."

Dezik needed to pry further, the man served a military but where was the question. Dezik's top three guesses was planetary defence force, Galactic Alliance or police. No one else really operated in the area and he mentioned he hadn't gone private. "So. Who do you take your orders from then? Being on Coruscant I'm guessing Galactic Alliance but you could be PDF."

Dezik turned to look over at Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei who had begun making quite a ruckus. From what he heard Dezik picked up he was a Jedi. The restaurants patrons seemed to get more interesting by the second. Listening more he could pick up the ranting Jedi was going on about suffering while his Devaronian 'friend' was talking about how some corps are exploiting his home. It reminded Dezik about his days putting down dissident groups protesting and rebelling against the Sith Empire's exploition of their resources. Good times but old times.

Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Br8YpBr.png

"Dezik eh?" replied Camo as the man continued to fill Camo in on some of the finer details of the private sector of security. The Corellian found the topic very interesting, he'd served for the past 15 years, and although he'd purposely chosen to avoid rising up through the ranks like his father wanted him too, "its in your blood boy" he would bark at Camo every time the subject was raised, he had to admit that the life of a ranger although challenging and exciting when deployed also came with the knowledge that Camo wouldn't be as financially stable as he could have been. The private sector was a route that would offer a bigger pay off, however, Camo had never had the conviction to jump into it.

Camo sat and listened to Dezik talk about his NIO officer score before the tables turned again on him, both men were very good and finding out what they wanted in the form of a general conversation it seemed.

"I serve in the Galactic Alliance Defence Force, Rangers division" responded Camo when the question came, "to the disappointment of some" he added with a sour afterthought.

He shifted in his seat, uncomfortable that the last bit had slipped out, his guard had gone down and that was not acceptable. There was nothing he could do about that now though, he'd just have to wait and see what Dezik made of that last comment.

Last edited:
"Looks like I struck a nerve" Akaan thought as he listened to Okkeus reveal his past. They were still far from friends in Akaan's mind, but he suddenly felt a connection between himself and the Jedi. They had been through similar situations, and apparently he truly did want to help. Still, Akaan wasn't out for power to help people, he was out to help himself, and the Jedi wouldn't appreciate that.

He had noticed that the Jedi's short rant had drawn attention toward them again.
"This kid needs to learn to keep his mouth closed sometimes."

Fortunately, the patrons seemed to not care, other than the Stormtrooper and the other "jedi". Of course they would notice. Akaan had a funny feeling about them...

But before he had time to think about them, Okkeus received a message. Apparently he was needed somewhere. He had said there are people that want to help...odd, since they were the ones calling him. Perhaps they had offered on the message, which Akkan hadn't been able to see as it was on Okkeus' arm. He wondered if he should stay on Coruscant and risk it, or go with the Jedi and see who had offered to help. He could always approach the Stormtrooper and the possible Jedi as well.

A true fork in the road. Regardless, he had decided he needed to get off this planet. He had nothing now, and there were obviously many at this place that were far stronger than he. Furthermore, it was obviously infested with Jedi, and not all would be like Okkeus, meaning they would be the Jedi as Akaan knew them: Arrogant, Prideful, and egocentric.

"So foolish of me. I blew everything to get here, and look where I've ended up! Karablast!!!!"

He knew he had to choose, but all this thinking had gotten him nowhere. He felt more comfortable with Okkeus, but the feeling about the others still lingered strongly.

"Alright...I'll go along with you, but first, I want to have a word with our fellow patrons." He delivered a slight nod toward the Stormtrooper and the possible jedi. "I don't know what your jedi senses are telling you, but I have what I call...a hunch about them. A feeling. I don't know, but I'm going over. Feel free to join."

He stood up, and made his way toward the duo.

Focus: Camo Orerig Camo Orerig

Dezik let out a small chuckle "Ranger division? Here I was thinking you were an ordinary ground pounder like myself?" Despite the man having been on the opposite side it didn't sound like Dezik held anything against him. "I have to say I've never actually met a ranger. My career was mostly putting down rebel groups in Sith held space with my fellow stormtroopers. Well we're technically legionnaires but quite a few of my superiors called us stormtroopers." he said. After Dezik finished he fired another question at the ranger. "So what should I call you then ranger?" Dezik had only given his first name and he expected a similar response from the Ranger but seeing as he gave his first name Dezik needed to even out the score.

The next thing Dezik knew the Devaronian who had been sitting with the Jedi now approached him. Dezik begin trying to figure out who they were, perhaps a Jedi and his Antarian Ranger companion, a potentially dangerous due but Dezik's guess was probably off. Either way, Dezik was still more or less outnumbered and people would be more than happy to jump to the Jedi's side if a fight broke out, regardless if they knew Dezik was a deserter. Dezik kept his guard up, his hand near the holster of his pistol, he eyed Camo Orerig Camo Orerig to see his response to the Devaronian before saying "Need anything?"

Br8YpBr.png

"I used to be" replied Camo to Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr 's comment of being a ground pounder, "those were simpler times, although I must admit they were repetitive"

Camo listened to the stormtrooper explain more about his previous life, the two had been fighting for opposing sides for years and yet Camo felt no ill will towards him, after all they had just been doing what they were told too, they had both believed they were doing the right thing, that's just how things worked. Anyway, he had left them now, and found himself in the heart of the Galactic Alliance, he couldn't be all bad could he?

"The name's Camo by the way" answered the Corellian, even if Dezik had given him his full name it would still have been Camo, his surname wasn't something he shared freely. The fewer people who knew his surname lowered the chances of someone linking him to his father, and that had been his whole motivation in life, to make his own path, not to lean on his name.

"Heads up" muttered Camo as the Devaronian approached the two soldiers, this was an unexpected turn of events. After their earlier exchange Camo believed that was that. Apparently they were not finished. Camo noted Dezik had become more on edge again, probably fearing some kind of ambush, Camo shrugged his shoulders at him trying to ease some of the tension forming again and offering the fact he didn't have a clue what was happening either. He didn't speak initially, waiting to see what happened first.

"Oh no, don't be getting into any trouble right now."

I watched as Dixon made his way to the Stromtrooper and the man. This was it. I got the chance to help Dixon out, and he was about to say something that ruined it all. Putting my helmet back on, I stood up from the booth. Dropping dome credits onto the table, I made my way to the other table. Carefully watching all three of the men, I waited for one of them to talk.

Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan
Camo Orerig Camo Orerig
Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr

"No need to be tense as of yet, friends. I just wanted to have a friendly word before departing. To be honest, I don't have a plan of action here, but something drew me toward you two, and I decided to see if my instincts were right. See, it's not every day you see a Stormtrooper on an Alliance planet, talking to what appears to be a Jedi. Perhaps we should start with our names? I'm Akaan." He said, mentally hoping Okkeus wouldn't reveal too much yet.

It was true, he hadn't planned the conversation at all, and honestly had no clue what to say. Hopefully the two would be friendly. Besides, they were enemies (if the one was a Jedi, and the other a Stormtrooper) yet they had no trouble speaking to each other. Regardless, it was almost deja vu, as if he knew the men. "Strange" He thought, eyeing the "jedi" down. He didn't appear to have a lightsaber. Maybe Okkeus was being sarcastic when he said the man was. But how were the man's reflexes so good? The whole situation was a mystery to Akaan, so he decided to see what one of the three men had to say before acting further.

Focus: Camo Orerig Camo Orerig Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan

Dezik got a measure of the Devaronian. The man didn't seem like any ranger but one must never let their guard down. Damn people keep mentioning Dezik being out of place but the only thing that signified his trooper past was his helmet. Dezik spoke. "The name's Dezik. Former Sith Legionnaire and Stormtrooper turned mercenary." he said giving a quick rundown of who he was, prepared to share more information should that be required. "I'm currently jobless right now so if you do need any heads smashed in then I'm your man. Who wouldn't want an ex-Stormie bodyguard" he said in an almost well rehearsed manner. "Maybe that's why you were drawn to me. I overheard your little conversation about Devoran and it doesn't sound like you'll be able to reclaim your home alone. Or get by in this galaxy for that matter" he said.

Upon the mention of another Jedi Dezik looked at Camo confused. Was there something the ranger wasn't telling him?! It took Dezik a second or two to realise he had been mistaken for a Jedi and wasn't in fact a ranger Jedi. "This ain't no Jedi horn head. But I'll let him introduce himself. Don't really think it's my place." he said, unconsciously calling the Devaronian 'horn head'.

Br8YpBr.png

Camo just about held his composure when Dezik called Akaan a horn head, clearing his throat to mask his slight reaction to it. "Pleased to meet you Akaan, my name is Camo, although as my eloquent friend has stated, I'm no Jedi purely a Galactic Alliance Ranger, what gives you that impression?" the ranger was intrigued by the statement, but he assumed it was purely down to the reactionary way he had taken down the man earlier on, unfortunately for Camo that was no Jedi ability, just years of keeping yourself alive in the most dangerous of places. It became natural to read peoples body language and with that you could sometimes guess what a person was going to do before they did it, coupled with years or combat training he could see how that could be mistaken for some sort of Jedi ability.

"Feel free to take a seat" offered Camo, the Corellian moved himself to leave space for the newcomers to sit at the table, he was intrigued by Dezik's offer to the Devaronian and wanted to see how the situation would progress, potentially a glimpse into what a future out of the forces would be for him.

"Well, friend, I would love to have your services, but you see, I have no credits." Akaan said, ignoring the horn joke and taking a seat.

"
Though, I have no plan of rescuing Devaron. There's nothing for me there. I simply want to be in a position where I get to call the shots in this galaxy. I'm tired of having no control over what happens to me, and I swear I'll be in control some time." He explained to Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr .

Then he turned his head toward the Ranger
"Apologies for the misunderstanding, see my...friend..here is a jedi, and he claimed you were when I asked. That on top of your reflexes in handling the drunkard led me to believe you were a jedi. Good to know you aren't...I'm not a fan of their kind." he explained briefly.

Again I apologize, this time for my random interference in your conversation...it's just not often that I feel like a stranger is somehow important to my path. I suppose I'll be going if there's nothing particularly important or blatantly obvious here. Besides, this jedi needs to travel. Apparently I'm going with him, because what choice do I have? Again I'm powerless..." Akaan said, embarrassed by his impulsive intrusion and for allowing himself to openly say he was powerless. He had meant to keep that part inside, but it was irritating to him.

After seeing them talk for a quick second, I realized that there was no threat. Walking over tho their booth, I began to introduce myself.

“Hey, I’m Okkeus. I’m with Dixon. Mind if I sit?”

The Stormtrooper waved his hand toward the seat, so I lowered my self and sat down. Dixon began to explain to the man that I told him he was a Jedi. Whoops.

“Haha yeah, sorry about that. Just some good old fun.”

The man let out a little chuckle, but the Stormtrooper stayed silent. Dixon continued to explain his situation to them. Listening, I waited to hear what they would say.

Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan
Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr
Camo Orerig Camo Orerig

Focus: Camo Orerig Camo Orerig Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

"In a position to call the shots in this galaxy?" he said with a chuckle before looking down to Camo "Looks like we have ourselves the 861 ABY Chancellor candidate." He said in a sarcastic tone. "In all truthfulness if you're gonna start calling your own shots then you best find a way to make your money so you can hire people like myself to do your biding. Starting a fight on your homeworld is probably just going to get you killed." He continued.

After giving his 'words of wisdom' Dezik turned to focus on the Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei . In Dezik's eyes Jedu are force magicians who barged in, demanding respect because of who they are. Just like the Sith. Dezik didn't like Jedi for that reason. Not to mention the Jedi and Sith had a never ending war, causing the deaths of numerous Stormtroopers. Dezik's brothers-in-arms, lost for a cause not their own. "I expected as much from a force magician. They wade through with their superiority complex, telling the rest of us they know better because of their force powers. That's the reason I left the Sith Empire. Didn't want to listen to another force-user drone on about how they know what's best for us" he said as he watched the Jedi with suspicion.

Br8YpBr.png
Camo sat and listened as the members of the table had their conversation, from Akaan explaining about how powerless he was and his plans to change that fact, Okkeus with his light-hearted input and Dezik with his harsh but thoroughly truthful assessment of the Devaronian's situation. The Ranger had to agree for the most part with Dezik, the man knew how the universe worked, money was power, unfortunately there was always someone willing to pay more than you and that was the issue with paying for any old security, they had no allegiance, other than to the money that they worked for - no matter where it came from. He chuckled at the comment about the next Chancellor before breaking his silence.

"However crass Dezik here might be, he is true - you don't get anywhere in this galaxy without money, which leads me to wonder how you managed to get all the way to Coruscant with no money? It is no matter to me how you managed that but surely that shows you are not entirely powerless?" Camo paused for a moment pondering how to continue, "Self doubt gets you killed, trust your gut, like you did coming over here. I have my entire life and I'm still alive - for now"

Camo shifted his attention to Okkeus, he was impressed with the youngsters ability to turn the other cheek with all the anti-Jedi comments being made from Akaan and Dezik, Camo was a relatively reserved character with a lot of restraint due to his work, but he didn't think he would be able to bite his tongue as long as the Jedi had, especially not at such a young age.

"This one has enough confidence for the both of you" he said to Akaan whilst nodding at Okkeus, "perhaps he could share some of it with you" the ranger smiled and then finished his drink, he signalled over the ordering droid and then spoke to all three of them, "I've shared many a table with many people but I don't think I've ever shared one with such a ragtag group, my round, what does everyone want?"

He already knew what they had said: Money did mean power. That and being born with a natural ability such as the force. However, they were friendly, which was good. Still unsure of where to go with the conversation, he answered both of the Ranger's questions. "I managed to gather just enough credits to get here and rent some sort of living space, of course that was before I was robbed within minutes of landing. Anyways, I'll take something toxic. Devaroinian, we have two livers." he explained.

Back to the Stormtrooper
"I agree about the Jedi. Glad we can find some common ground...Bucket-head." he said, finally hitting back over the horn head joke now that the group was more relaxed.

"Anyways, I don't care about Devaron. It can burn. Apparently I didn't make it too clear before. It's simply about never needing to watch as people rule my destiny for me. I know it sounds foolish..something a younger man may say, but I'm serious about it and I will be successful. I do not care if I'm Chancellor, or Count of Serreno...it's not about that. It's 100% about me being in charge of me. I can give you a list of times where I have had no control over my life."

Hopefully they would understand now. He added one more thing to clarify: "As for my plans now? I guess I'm going along with Okkeus to Devaron. Maybe I'll earn some credits there. I guess until then I'm a nomad..and adventurer.."

There, that'll explain everything. Now..how will the trio respond?

"Hey thanks man, I'll get something fizzy."

Came nodded. My tongue was starting to hurt I was biting it so hard. Dixon seemed to be making friends with Camo and Dezik, so no need to start a fight about the Jedi comments made.

"I agree about the Jedi. Glad can find some common ground...Bucket-head."

"You know I am sitting right here."

The trio chuckled. At least there wasn't any tension between us. After Dixon shared his plans about his future, I decided to talk.

"I got message from the Council that they need help there. So you guys should tag along. That is an order."

Looking over at Dezik with a big grin, I waited to see how he would react.

Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan
Camo Orerig Camo Orerig
Dezik Agorr Dezik Agorr

Focus: Camo Orerig Camo Orerig Dixon/Akaan Dixon/Akaan Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Chuckled as he was called a bucket-head. A classic. “See your problem is you don’t look armed.” As he said that the trooper pulled his heavy repeater of his back and placed it on the able for the group to see. “What you need is a big ‘kriff off‘ gun like this. I guarantee you only the deranged would ever try get in a fight with you. And as for Lightsabers, one can only block so many blaster rounds before letting up.” He said as he admired his own gun. Dezik strongly believed in the idea that if you had a big gun then you were at the top.

As the young Jedi supposedly ordered him Dezik stared at him coldly “Look here kid, I don’t take orders from your kind. I take orders from people with credits and from people I think worthy. In that category are military, ex-military and law enforcement and if I’m assuming correctly, you are neither of those things. Also as much as I’d ‘love’ to help you on your little excursion to Devoran I’m no charity worker. I need credits to work.” He ranted, clearly showing a disliking to the young and confident Jedi. Dezik then turned back to Camo. The man offered drinks and after that little rant why turn him down. “Thanks for the offer. A cup of Ardees for me”

Br8YpBr.png

Camo ordered the round of drinks and listened to his companions go back and forth, he smirked as Dezik displayed the repeator for all to see and continued on about he who has the biggest is in charge, and how you would have to be deranged to attempt a fight if you wielded something like that, "Deranged or just a better shot" interjected Camo with a bigger smile on his face "a weapon like that usually means one of two things, man's got a taste for destruction, or, he's got pretty bad aim" he let out a laugh but it was cut short by Okkeus' declaration, at first Camo was incensed by the kid attempting to order him around, Dezik reacted a pretty similar way as well, but as he was about to join in with the lambasting of the Jedi Camo stopped himself, he smiled again realizing the Jedi was near enough laughing, Camo assumed he was laughing under that helmet of his.

"Robbed within minutes of landing?" repeated Camo returning his gaze to Akaan, "That is an instance where Dezik is right, you need a weapon and you need to learn how to use them quickly, the GA would train you, pay you, give you somewhere to live - OK you'd have to follow orders for a bit but all in the name of bettering yourself with no cost to you, just something to think about" Camo had never considered himself a recruiting officer, but he knew the training Akaan would receive would benefit him in life if he could view the bigger picture.

Their drinks arrived and Camo passed them to each of the guys there, "Chakta sai kae" he toasted in old Corellian holding up his drink to the others.

"The Alliance, huh? Personally I always preferred factions with stability and strength, not a ragtag group of rebels that somehow keep hanging on and forming their government. At least that's what I understand them to be? See, the Empire 800 years ago was, from what I have read, tyrannical, but they fixed the broken system and led to peace and general stability for a while. The Rebels back then were against all odds and got lucky. Then they took over and didn't know what they were doing! Then, before that even, there was the Republic. Old, corrupt politicians incapable of doing anything. The Confederacy of Independent systems broke off. They had the wit and strength to call out the Republic and fight for their freedom. The CIS was the only faction worth anything. But honestly, I do not know the current state of the galaxy. If you can be unbiased, pray tell me the factions of this galaxy..then..Okkeus, I'll obey your "order""

Akaan sipped the fresh drink. Tangy. He then waited for a response from the men. He knew they needed to get going, maybe Camo would come along and explain, otherwise Okkeus may leave. Though, from what he had read, Jedi were generals in the Republic and Rebellion days, maybe Camo was forced to obey the order? All would reveal itself, Akaan just needed patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom