Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Family Matters

The Wilder Council was generally an accepting lot, with entry into the sects being offered to most anyone with some level of competence in the force. However, there were rules to Veradune’s faction of force users, the first among which, was that all sects must be approved by and represented on the council. Failure to do so was perhaps the first outward sign of what all Veran Wilders watched for, a blight.

Such vigilance was what brought the two members of House Torrevaso into the forests outside of Zorros city. Surrounded by towering trees and the gloom of an expansive canopy, the Veran woods were a wild and dangerous place for those that were unfamiliar with what lay within. Between the man eating teradin trees and the stalking yularen, Vulpesen had been quick to advise his niece to stay close to him as they ventured forth on their hunt.

“The council’s been keeping an eye on this sect for a while now. Though they just recently finished their vote,” Vulpesen stated as he trekked alongside his most newfound family member. Dreidi, unlike himself, had grown up knowing what she was, though that didn’t mean that he could expect her to be familiar with the customs and dangers of their species’ homeworld. “Frankly it’s about time. They call themselves the Despora Sect and by what our scouts have reported, their practices are far from natural. Just bad timing, I suppose, that they passed the decision when you decided to visit.”

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Outfit: Casual
Companion: Grisial
Equipment: Nightsister Energy Bow, Lightsaber

Dreidi had agreed to visit the homeworld of the Zorren, Veradune, with her uncle. It was something that had taken a lot from her since she was not really a family oriented person but seeing how he was training Gwen and Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari was becoming a close friend of hers, it was hard to not recognise he was sticking around in her life for now. This meant that it was reasonable to at least be on friendly terms and visiting the homeworld of her kind was no different than visiting Kashyyyk, her birth world, or Dathomir, where the family from her father's side came from. Even Nar Shaddaa was a world significant to her family since it was where her father had lived his childhood.

Grisial was sticking close to the pair as they ventured through the forest of the area. It was interesting to see what the world was like and how the Zorren interacted with nature and built their civilisation around it. Dreidi was never going to turn down the chances to understand and appreciate the differing cultures of Force Users.

"Well, life for Force Users is rarely one of calm and tranquillity. Usually something that draws us some place, so perhaps I was guided here to help with this problem." Dreidi was not too sure about the blight and the issues facing it since she had little understanding of the ways that Zorren traditionally followed and how the blight differed. But she could provide the insight as a Jedi and a Witch of Dathomir, for those were where her skills lied.

"Well, life for Force Users is rarely one of calm and tranquillity. Usually something that draws us some place, so perhaps I was guided here to help with this problem."
"Dare I say, truer words have never been spoken," Vulpesen returned with a grin, his tail flicking a bit at her observance. It was a lesson he had taken some time to learn, himself. But learn it he had. Now, he travelled where the force willed and such was one of the largest reasons he had even met Dreidi at the jedi temple.

"We'll be serving as the spear point for the attack, but there are other wilders with us in the woods, surrounding the blight's grove." Vulpesen's ears flicked as he stopped for a moment, taking a look about the forest. He'd lived in these woods for over half a century, and now, he could feel a change in its nature. His lightsaber flicked out from beneath his cloak, spiraling into his hand. "Pretty sure we're getting closer." The forest felt... wrong. Wilders accepted both life and death in nature. They were simply two elements that made up the wilds, but something about what Vulpesen felt in the force, told of an abomination. Life and Death both existed and were both necessary. But they were opposites, meant to be kept separate. Something out there was violating that rule.

Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen

Nodding her head, Dreidi had to experience a lot in a very short time. It gave her wisdom that was beyond her age and meant that she needed to be aware of things that she never normally think of.

"We can do that. Grisial is great at scouting. He'll hang back when the fighting kicks off though." Dreidi pointed out to Grisial whose eyes glinted in acceptance of the orders. She knew it fitted him well and he was more than happy to demonstrate that they were a strong pair that worked well together.

Sensing the death and disturbances in the forest the deeper they went. Dreidi pulled out her energy bow and readied herself for anything that came towards them. "How do you wish to approach this?" Dreidi asked, happy to follow the lead of Vulpesen.

"That might be best. Worst case scenario, they'd might end up using him against us. Ace and I learned a while ago, that a battlefield is no place for a canine companion." That sense in the pit of his stomach only got worse and Vulpesen lifted a hand, signaling a halt as he crouched down in the brush. "Well first, we give them a chance of surrender," he said with a small sigh in response to Dredi's question. "I suppose I'm a slave to civility. Then they'll inevitably deny it. Likely their denial will come with a rather dangerous and aggressive manner of emphasis. I'll defend against it. Then all hell with break loose. You'll likely come out swinging to my defense. The woods will explode with the might of the Vitae Sect. Then it'll be a wild melee until we've eradicated the blight from the face of the planet." His words were spoken with a weary matter of fact tone. He'd been an arch wilder for over half a century and now it showed. This was not the first time he'd done this and he doubted it would be the last. "You ready?"

Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Grisial has some combat experience and skills, he is just not there yet to fight in big battles like this." Dreidi had been training the Vulptex and he was getting better but she knew it would take some years before he was skilled enough to actually pose a threat to anything that wasn't a small animal. For now, he worked well as a scout and assisting Dreidi when things were dire.

Dreidi listened to the plan, she tilted her head, curious about how Vulpesen assumed the offer for peace, to avoid combat was something that was going to be dismissed already. "I am guessing that these beings have turned down peace talks before now then?" Dreidi asked curious, she knew little of the situation that Veradune was in and the political situation that this was. Dreidi viewed it as a rival clan, something that was separate from the majority.

"I am ready to go whenever, Grisial can attempt to guide some wilders to flank and give us two separate positions to attack from?" The idea to confuse and swiftly overwhelm the opposition was what Dreidi was attempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom