Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seamus Valik

S
He gave a calm nod. Midvinter did suit him, surprisingly enough even to him. The cold could be dealt with easily enough with the right training and the wildlife was not that much different than anywhere else. If you learned how to handle it the world was a jewel among stones.

"Alright then." He said simply, "I will scout a perimeter and then comeback to help with the cooking, since I'm so good at it."

He was kidding of course, she was better at Midvinter cooking than he was but he couldn't resist the joke. He grabbed his gear and gave Mysa another smile, he had been doing a lot of that it seemed, before he looked off across the snowy landscape.

"I'll be back before you know it." He said calmly and gave a wink before he strode away.

The snow was packed well here but he was well aware that drifts could be anywhere and he could quickly find himself literally in over his head with one misstep. He didn't suspect trouble, not really but he would search well just in case. It was always better to be safe, especially here. He let the force flow into him and heighten his senses as he walked. He had become stronger in the force these last few years. Perhaps it was his time alone, or perhaps it came with finding the right path for him to walk. In any case it was true, and he felt glad for the growth.

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"] [member="Rai Seren"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

"Oh so good," she remarked, unable to keep a grin from her lips as he ventured off to carry out his assigned task. That left the cooking to her, it seemed.

"Stay safe, shout if you find anything out of the ordinary."

With the tent supports under her arm she carried them over to where the ground sheet was currently being laid and set them down. Everybody was busy, and she knew that they'd be not only cold soon but hungry too. It was easy to expend too much energy on a world like this, your body was constantly using up its fuel trying to keep you warm. The outlanders especially were likely shivering more than was typical.

"If you've got this, Brother," she said, glancing over to Théo, "I'm going to start work on heat and supper before we lose light. Give us somewhere and something warm."

Knowing he likely wouldn't mind, she turned and gathered up what little firewood they still had from their packs, as well as the kindling she'd taken to keeping on her person with or without the promise of adventure on the horizon. She'd gotten particularly good at starting a fire, so it didn't take her long to have one burning and their supper heating over top.

She hoped none of them were vegetarian, because all she had was meat.

[member="Seamus Valik"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Rai Seren"]

His eye brows raised in unison at the young lady's question. And he took the last of the bundles of fur into his arms and turned to her, with a thoughtful expression. "I take it you are sure that this person is your sister?", it seemed by the look of the girls face it was so, but just to be certain he had to ask. "And if that is the case, the right moment to speak to her will present itself. Although when is ever the right moment?", He was pondering this to him out loud, due to experience in something similar in which he had made a dog's breakfast of it.

"I suggest you find a nice quiet place, and invite her to do something, like a picnic or dinner. Somewhere where the two of you will not be interrupted. Might be a good idea to get to know her first, spend some time together and gauge when you could broach the topic. It is difficult to say what to do or when to you, as each person is different and will react differently. But the truth is always the best, and sooner rather than later or you might loose your nerve". He gave the girl an encouraging smile.

He was not sure if he had been any help at all, but it would come down to her in the end anyway. "If there is anything I can do to help, I would be happy to do so". Maybe a third party in the room or the meeting between the sister might provide a distraction if one was needed. But these things are best done in private and approached alone, as hard as that might be for the young girl.

"Come on, lets get the furs on the floor of the tent, and get everyone out of the cold". He found Jyn once more, the ground sheet laid and ready for the furs which he began to unstrap and lay.
[member="Rai Seren"] | [member="Jyn Lorr"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

Rai Seren

R
Rai nodded her head.

"I'm sure they are," she said. "One of the Temple Masters told me."

If she had to get Jyn alone then this wasn't the time to do it. They were far from alone, and honestly she didn't know if she would have an easier time if they were. Something about Jyn intimidated her a little bit. Not because the woman was trying to create that feeling, just the way she carried herself. It reminded her of Toru, which made her nervous. She could talk to Toru because he'd raised her. Talking to someone else with that same authority just wasn't easy.

He mentioned helping and she looked up from the furs she was holding. She hadn't realized she'd been staring at them.

"When business and that is done you could help me get Jyn alone. I don't think it would be easier for me to tell her when we got back than it would be out here."

That she was fairly certain of. Sure they had company to tend to, but they'd be parting ways at some point. If he could help keep Seamus busy so she and Jyn could talk, she'd feel better about it. Working up the courage to get this far had been hard enough. She was semi-afraid of her older siblings just because she didn't know them. True she wanted to free Kobe from the Sith, but he was an exception to the rule. He'd been taken from them. He wasn't Jyn who had brought the Je'daii back together.

She hoisted the furs and followed after Theo as they walked over and started laying out the furs. He was right. It was cold and it was time they made it so everyone could warm up.

[member="Jyn Lorr"] [member="Seamus Valik"] [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

[I totally did not realize I was up in this thread! I am so sorry!]
Laying the sheet had proven quite the struggle.

Jyn did her best not to use the Force unless necessary, or in some beneficial or educational fashion, mostly out of a desire not to become lazy. Deep down she knew she could have had the whole thing settled in a matter of seconds had she not been so stubborn, but as she stepped back and glanced over the sheet which was now held down by rocks and a backpack and other random items to keep it from flying away she felt a very real sense of achievement.

As the Midvinter Lord and the Journeyer approached the area which had been marked for the tent she stepped toward them and gently took a couple of the furs in order to even out the burden a little. Only once they were done with their conversations, of course. She could sense the whole myriad of emotions flowing over the girl still, something which had only deepened since her hushed discussions with Théo, but it was not her place to pry.

In fact, doing so might cause the curse to flare up... And that was the last thing they needed in such company.

As he unstrapped the various furs, Jyn brushed off parts of the ground sheet and removed any of the weights which would be in the way, the furs proving heavy enough to keep the sheet in place. Progress could easily have been slow, yet there were three of them working at it and so she doubted they'd have to wait too long before they had shelter. She could smell burning kindling and logs a short way off, not close enough to be a threat to the tent yet at the same time able to provide them with some much needed warmth. That was a welcome respite.

It was all coming together rather nicely.

[member="Rai Seren"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Seamus Valik"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom