Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

False Hope [CP Domionon of the Selvaris Hex]

ZWEICOM

Z
Selvaris. The sit of a not so famous Youzon Vomg prisoner camp that always seemed to... lose its prisoners. The Corporate Protectorate had been called into the planet to protect it. As usual. From what most were not certain. Mysterious Shadows were causing panic and chaos across the entire planet. Vong creatures spireled out of control. Killing all that would dare come on their way. The forest were burning. What could have possibly caused this.

Objective 1: Integrate- It was decreed by the Lord Protecter that Selvaris would serve as a forward operations base for all future military operations. This is the primary goal and objective of all here

Objective 2: Investigate- What is causing all the CHAOS on this planet is unknown however it would not be so hard to find out. Right?!

Welcome to the CP's First Dom. Please Post along with us. Keep the story interesting and dope. See you in the dark!

AvRe

[SIZE=11pt]Avery stood at the edge of a barren forest, eaten alive by the teeth flames. He and his company of soldiers had arrived two weeks before the rest had. And now, two weeks later, he was preparing for their arrival. His camp situated between a large city, and the aforementioned forest. Whatever was happening to this planet was bad, very bad. Corpses in the streets, rumors of an occult, although Avery doubted it was. The galaxy was far too civilized for all that mess. Still, the planet was going to hell and on the verge to not coming back. Several politicians that questioned and distrusted the Protectorate, had been found dead at their homes. It didn’t take long for many of the citizens of Selvaris to start rioting in the streets, believing the Protectorate had been the cause. The planet was definitely falling into hell.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Avery had done his best to crack down on crime that had been instigated in the cities, raids on buildings, curfews, reinforced need of identification, blockades, and public speeches to calm the planet’s population. The planet was being contained to the best of his ability but the eradication of the problem would not begin until the Protectorate Officials had arrived, which would be very soon. Avery hoped.[/SIZE]

Ari Zanareth

A
[member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Kal'n Drasco"] [member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Lancer Damar"] [member="Rundo"]​
NUwsPRk.png
wprZhew.jpg
ABOARD -- CPS FANG (Shield Class Star Destroyer)
EN ROUTE
Post 1/25​
It had been weeks since she'd been around. Most of her time had been spent immersed in the Darkside, secluded in the deepest chambers of her ship. When they were contacted by the leadership of Selvaris she had come out of her dark slumber.

She was now altogether... different.

Her black boots beat a steady clip as she approached the command deck, and entered. The XO snapped her a quick salute, which she returned.

"Commander!"

"Relax, whats the situation?"

"We're coming free of hyperspace in T minus ten. Selvaris has multiple riots going on near the capitol. The vong prison camps out intelligence was surveying have gone dark, and the creatures are now attacking civilian populations along the borders of the capitol."

"Tell me about the leadership. What are they doing?"

"Holed up from what we can tell. They've locked themselves in a bunker with a single hyperwave transceiver. Tight beam messages."

"Very well, prepare Praetor Security Corp assets. I want a battalion ready fro orbital drop deployment. Lock onto that transceiver. As soon as we exit we're going to have a little chat with the Planetary leadership. Send orders to the advance Forces we have on ground to cordon off the city and protect it."

"Aye Ma'am."

She strode the trailing, clasping both hands behind her back. Most of her deck officer hadn't a crew she was a Sith. Her lightsaber was hidden, as were her powers.

It was not time to reveal her true nature just yet. For now she was simply a politician and Commander of the fleet......

Cypher Rage

C
https://i.imgur.com/wprZhew.jpg

Post 1/25

"Lighten up, my dear friend. " he said as walked up. Thr Commander simply saluted although he could tell it was...out of place. "Preparr troop transports. I want to know what the hell is actually going on down there" he said. The orders were relayed to a Lt.Commander who said "Yes, Lord Protecter." "Ari...er Consul, Tell me how have been. You know, I have never been able to get to knkw my employers. It may have been around 5 years since I have even talked to...a person of your magnitude." he said

He decided at that moment to stare at the blue lights of hyperspace as he waited an answer from her. He wondered how [member="Avery Regailis"] was doing with hus troops. Hopefully they were holding up. If not, that place would have become cinders either way.

[member="Ari Zanareth"]
[member="Avery Regailis"]

[member="Coparate Muse"] [member="Ari Zanareth"] [member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Avery Regailis"]

Nexus would come to the planet soon enough, patiently descending from his transport to the lands below, his sword across his back his ship still in the sky. He had no reason to attempt to contact those in the other ship except, as he was about to do, to tell him of his arrival. Though doubtless his ship would have been a sign of that. It was not exactly a warship, but it was his and it was sufficient for his means. He had his men attempt to open up a channel to those aboard the CPS Fang, "This is Nexus Krae, I'll be landing shortly. I'd like to keep my feet on the ground as I'm sure you understand." he'd say regardless of who was on the other end. One of his men would keep the line prepared should they feel like responding, but at the moment he wanted to know what was going on for the ground forces.

The secret sith walked with long simple strides towards the camp in which [member="Avery Regailis"] had made for them. The individual was...interesting, regardless of how little the Vran'ti Vo Ni had spent time around him. He was a rather useful individual, that he knew. One of Nexus's men would head out to announce his arrival and to request an update on what was going on to better discuss the problem unfolding from the ground.

Darth Zveris

S H A T T E R E D
Selvaris. Why this place? Oh, right. The called for help. But why? "Welcome Gentlemen" he said as his subordinates settled into the room. "High General Valkorion, sir" said his must trusted advisor, Lt. General Christopher Harris. "At Ease" he replied. He had called them all in to finally break the silence he and High Protecter [member="Avery Regailis"] had been giving regarding the current state of why they were there. "As you all may know, we were called here to solve a problem which had to do with organized crime spreading all the way to the capital. Every walk of life on this planet has been strangely affectected. At the moment we have troops barricading the City due to massive riots and outrest. " He began. "Recently, we began to examine the old Youzon Vong Prison and have discovered various bodies and had come to the Conclusion that it is being used as a mass grave site however, it seems these bodies have strange mark over them. At the moment our only option is to wait for reninforcements from the CIS and Homeworld. Thank you. Dismissed"

Ari Zanareth

A
CpDcSZf.jpg
OBJECTIVE: Break through the Vong Assault, Find the Planetary Leadership.​
ENTERING SYSTEM
Post 2/25
[member="Tykar Valkroin"] [member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Avery Regailis"]​
"I am simply a facilitator Cypher, as are you."

She cracked a curt smile and then nodded.

"Ma'am, we are in system."

"Excellent. Send word to the planetary government I'll be arranging a meeting with them shortly. Meanwhile I need that battalion ground-side immediately. Admiral Rage you have the bridge, I'm going down below."

Moments later she was strapped into a pod, with her standard issue ruck, rifle and pistol at her side. She'd opted to wear her Plate of Dread over her green fatigues, the face giving off an aura of terror. Regardless of whether Vong were force sensitive or not, she'd need the extra protection.

The pod rattled free, and plunged.

Moments felt like eternity and then they landed. Hundreds of black armored troopers clawed their way out from the pods. Smoking craters in the fields marked where they had landed.

She kicked the door off her own pod and rolled out, taking a knee and sweeping with her rifle.

"Praetorians this is Consul Zannareth, form up on me. I want Forward Observers and RTO's close by my side."

She rose, and swept a black cloak over her armored frame, adding a layer of menace to her figure.

"Admiral Rage, standby for precise orbital Bombardment coordinates. And I mean Precise. we can't risk hitting any civilians."

This brought her back. Waaaay back to when she'd been an Antarian Ranger, before they;d betrayed her and left her to die at the Battle of Mirial.

Its good to be back in the field....

AvRe

[SIZE=11pt]Water dripped from the ceiling in a constant pattern, the kind that slowly drives you to insanity. The building was dark, gloomy, and damp. A recurring theme on the planet since the public out cry had increased. Avery sat in a chair, a desk in front of him. Reading the daily report that one of the officers had provided him with.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It stated that the killings had increased in the governmental district in the past few days, all the victims were from the Protectorate. Whomever was committing these murders was trying to send a message, Avery thought. If not they were buying time for some other scheme.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Two days ago Avery and High General Valkroin had made the Protectorate staff and soldiers aware of the situation with the corpses that were found. The mark carved into the chests of the victims was one of an old cult that plagued the surrounding planets, their name lost to history, and made their home on Selvaris. But something was off about the marks. They were too sloppy, not practiced by a trained hand. Either this cult had recently re-emerged or this was the work of a faker… Avery naturally assumed the latter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Lord Avery, Master Nexus is approaching the camp.” flickered the sound from the intercom that was pre-installed in the building. Avery arose from his seat, cracked his neck, and made his way into the small, quickly established, courtyard. Their camp was established in the remains of old medical facility east of the capitol city. It was in quite good shape for it’s age but reeked of rotten food and medicine, a smell that still could not get rid of, despite how long they’ve been there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]An officer quickly approached the side of Avery, matching his pace and walking in unionce, as they came towards the entrance of the camp, “My lord, do you wish to know the location of the officials?” he said, Avery nodded, “Consul Zanareth, is making her way to discuss a topic we are unaware of, Lord Rage is currently manning the bridge of the Fang, and as you may know, Master Nexus is approaching. Anything else, my lord?” Avery waved the officer away, and continued toward the entrance. He arrived, and waited. Thinking of his master, Devrain. It had been far too long since they had last spoke. But Avery was patient and he could wait. Still, he hungered to know more of the Darkside. Avery realized that it had entrapped him, as it had with countless others. But he was far from a dark lord.[/SIZE]

[member="Ari Zanareth"]-[member="Nexus Krae"]-[member="Cypher Rage"]

Cypher Rage

C
Precise?! Had he ever delivered anything beyond precise. "Stand by, all weapons" he ordered. "Yes, Lord Protector" replied the Commander. He still hadn't gotten used to the new rank. "Prepare to Target the Vong Facility. Don't hold back. Inform High Protected Regailis to barricade that area. " He ordered. There was not much he could do until he received confirmation of course

[member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Ari Zanareth"]

Even from here Nexus could smell the reeking of the camp. It was absolutely revolting, but he kept a stern face and chose to alter the sensing capacity of his nose and tongue, as well as create a filter within his throat, essentially allowing him to breath freely. The Shi with him were absolutely having trouble, but the Zhorngi with him had come to the same conclusion he had rather quickly. They were trained for extreme survival after all.

As he approached he sensed before he caught sight of [member="Avery Regailis"]. An unusual individual indeed. As he approached his men with him stood at attention as Nexus and them arrived near the entrance, "I presume your encampment is being taken care of? What is our update on the situation, I'm here, and I want to see what exactly it is we're dealing with. Didn't feel like sitting in the sky like the others, keeping my feet on the ground is a much more efficient way of understanding the matter in this case." ​He asked. It wasn't exactly a friendly request but nor was it the most angered demand. Nexus ran a world of his own and he knew that when it came to orders it was important to have a proper balance of appearances, regardless of the terror that might dwell within oneself. Whether that which struck it into others, or whatever it was that struck terror into you.

[member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Ari Zanareth"] [member="Tykar Valkroin"]

Nova Storyteller

N
cVm6lZe.png
POST 3/25​
[member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Aubrey Landcaster"] [member="Lancer Damar"] [member="Darth Animus"] [member="Darth Necrin"] [member="Kal'n Drasco"]​
MEANWHILE
OBJ1:
The ground began to shake. Not just a light tremor but a deep heaving as the crusts of the earth beneath the citizen feet shattered. The leaders of Selvaris were right to run and hide. The enemy was neither Imperial, nor Sith or Jedi. It was something even more evil, something the Vong had called in with special equipment.

Garath Lek, hive mind creatures.

The unholy alliance of the two Hive minded species erupted from the surface. Sinkholes formed across the Capitol city. Distress cries rang out into the void, catching random satellites and pinging broad spectrum networks.

As they mowed through bodies, ripping them limb from limb, the Corporate Protectorates realized they would have to make a quick and decisive choice. Save the citizens, or save the Planetary Leadership. Either way, integration would now be a mess.....

OBJ2:
Shadows were not all that moved on the world. In the face of the threat unbeknownst to our would be saviors a Rogue Cult of Dark Jedi made their move. coming forth from the shadows, twenty strong, clad in dark cloaks they moved with ruthless precision.​
Several outposts went offline, but before the connection cut you swear you could hear the sound of lightsaber searing flesh as the dying Guards screamed. The most pressing attack was on the public water district, where they seemed to be concentrating their attacks.

But for what purpose?

Does death drive whatever ritual they are cooking up? Is the water about to be poisoned??​

OBJ3:
There is little data on what the bugs are. If corpses could be captured, they could be studied in greater detail...​

Post 1

A call for support from the Nothmiro Federation had been put in, and Chris would never turn down an opportunity to wreak violence unto the Vong. Screaming down from high orbit in a borrowed Gala Fighter was exhilarating after years of battle from the bridge of a corvette.

Weaving between bio weapon fire down to the surface the Nothmiro called in on Protectorate frequencies " This is NF-A3C103, I will be landing at the drop site in three minutes."

The lone fighter swooped down and landed near the drop pods and Chris climbed down from the ladder, arming his pistol and activating his viewfinder, the Corporate forces were fighting well. He moved quickly despite his heavy carapace and took up a position near the soldiers. Using his viewfinder to get a full scope of the Vong incursion.

It was large, he would give them that.

Ari Zanareth

A
CpDcSZf.jpg
OBJECTIVE: Break through the Alien Assault, Find the Planetary Leadership.​
SUPPORTING CRAFT -- CPS FANG (Shield Class Star Destroyer)
ON THE GROUND, NEARING CAPITOL
Post 4/25
[member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Cypher Rage"] [member="Chris Walker"] [member="Nexus Krae"]​
Blood and Carnage were now the order of the day. They neared the city walls in a wedge formation, just as the earth groaned and released a tide of hideous beasts. Waves of Vong Warriors, followed by long muscular Xenos were charging towards the walls. Ari was torn. Defend the civilian populace or use her men to break through the horde and save the Leadership?

She made her decision.​

"Chris, with me!"

"All units, weapons free."

She left Magistrate's Nexus and Regailis to their own devices. She was sure the cunning men would find a place where they best fit into the picture,

"Cypher, We're painting targets right now. We need a missile barrage, now!"

She ducked behind a boulder and snapped her rifle to her shoulder. It chattered in her grip, spewing forth death and hate. She kept up the barrage as the Praetor Mercs got on line and began firing. What they really needed was more troops. Praetor Security Corp was good, but without the Federal Legion Conscripts they were apt to lose too many.

"Cypher, where's my missiles?"

She ducked and slammed in a fresh cartridge.

If this kept up, she'd have to cut her way through....

[member=[URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/21585-avery-regailis/"]Avery Regailis[/URL]''] [member=' [URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/20676-cypher-rage/"][COLOR=rgb(122,152,162)]Cypher Rage[/COLOR][/URL]'] [member='[URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/21486-nexus-krae/"][COLOR=rgb(122,152,162)]Nexus Krae[/COLOR][/URL]'] [member='A[URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/16612-ari-zanareth/"][COLOR=rgb(122,152,162)]ri Zanareth[/COLOR][/URL]']

Post 2/25

Chris fired a few bolts into the mass on enemies and moved over to Ari.

" We need some heavy weapons, those things only take a shot or two but they just keep coming. Can you get the capital ships up in orbit to send down thermal detonators? Those should wipe out enough that we can push." Chris sighted the origin point in the ground where the earth had opened up, " On second thought, get some explosives around that hole. If we don't close it we will be overrun within the next hour. "

Ari Zanareth

A
CpDcSZf.jpg
Post 5/25

[member="Chris Walker"]​
Ari nodded. He was right. They were about an hour out from being overrun. Hell the city was already in flames. She stuck to her choice even more. Whatever was left of populace would have to be recovered later. She simply had too few forces at the moment to stop the onslaught. The longer the holes remained open the more of the Garth Lek would come spewing.

"That's not a bad idea. I'm waiting on CPS Fang to smoke this area with Missiles from her batteries. But we are running out of time. My Praetorians have detonators. Take command of a fireteam or two, see if you can half seal the hole at least."

She pressed a series of buttons on her wrist pad, deputizing him as an Allied Commander. Rank of Captain.

Then she pressed another series.

Deep in the bunker below Government hall the War Room would get the distress beacon. They needed Federal Legion Alpha dispatched, and with haste. Ships began to load and engines began to rumble.

"Reinforcements should be here within the hour. We just need to finish this lot."

She let another shot fly, and her rifle was out. All of her mags were empty.

It was time to switch to her Darker persona.​

The black cloaked woman drew a silver cylinder from a hidden holster at her back.

Blood Red plasma erupted with a snap-hissssss....

It was on..

Post 3​
Objective: Collapse the sinkhole
[member='Ari Zanareth']​

Chris was surprised, he didn't know the politician-soldier was in the position of a lightsabre. It did not change the task at hand however. " Thanks for the command, that hole will collapse, mark my words. " Chris started off towards the fireteam and patched himself into their communications gear " Get together as many thermal detonators as you can and come with me, we collapse the hole. If we do not the landing site will be overrun "

Chris pushed forwards with the fireteam, using scatterguns and automatic blasters to clear a path through the mass of Vong. They neared the hole " Odd numbered fireteam members prime the detonator, the rest of you, keep up the volleys!"

Chris primed his own detonator and hurled it into the gaping sinkhole. " Now! " over a dozen small silver cylinders tumbled through the air into the chasm from which the Vong spewed erupted in fire and rubble, showering the fireteam and its leader in rubble.

Chris and the fireteam picked their way out of the rubble and called in to Ari " We collapsed the sinkhole, but we're getting a much larger Vong life signature. Those reinforcements have to arrive soon!"

AvRe

[SIZE=12pt]Meanwhile near the borders of the capitol city…[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=12pt]Avery drug his gaze up and down the man that stood in front of him. Nexus Krae… he’d heard of the man, the grand Spymaster of The Corporate Protectorate. Another secret Sith, Denerain had told him. He was praised by his people. They thought he was a grand master of the Force, they were correct, well, sort of. Avery was amazed in truth, until a few months ago he believed to become a true master of the Darkside you had to dedicate your entire life to it. He was wrong, very wrong. He learned that was more of a Jedi thing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Avery kept his gaze trained on the Spymaster. He gestured his hand and an officer rushed over and handed a report of the two week report detailing everything, from the markings, murders, and reinforced security. Avery didn’t let his gaze waver from Nexus, after awhile he came to realize something… he’d met Nexus before… it was the day he joined The Corporate Protectorate. Yes he had definitely met him before, the day he’d joined, the day he found his tribe. He fondly remembered Nexus having a knife behind his back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]CRACK, POP, BOOM![/SIZE]​

[SIZE=12pt]They all heard it. The sounds of explosions, gunfire, and marching feet, the sounds of war. Avery and his men rushed through the thin layer of forest that surrounded them, he didn’t bother to see if Nexus followed. As they broke through into open fields, they all gazed upon the city they had seen hours before, now being eaten by the flames of battle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Avery threw one hand forward, gesturing toward the city. He unsheathed his blades and rushed to battle, while most of his soldiers followed behind with the same vigor and some ran back into the forest.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He knew what was happening, at least part of it. The cult was making their move.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Avery leaped over the city wall and landed on the ground. He tapped a few buttons on his wrist communicator and ordered his men to surround the city, while a few would infiltrate with Avery.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Avery gazed across the city that was visible, it was worse than he thought. Massive holes were scattered everywhere, holes that could have only been made by Garath Lek, a hivemind creature native to Selvaris.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Avery knew one thing. He needed to find Consul Zannareth, he would try.[/SIZE]

[member="Ari Zanareth"]-[member="Chris Walker"]-[member="Nexus Krae"]-[member="Cypher Rage"]

The man's lack of speaking was so very odd to Nexus, who was ever so used to having to deal with politics and deception. Regardless, he was quickly given a report on the situation, he rubbed his fingers together in thought as he read over it. This was not good. Well actually the report itself was good, however the problem was rather unfortunate. If this was indeed a cult, it would be difficult to infiltrate it without enacting suspicion. If they had any intelligence in them at least. He'd definitely need to prepare his spies very in depth for the occasion. However, that plan was quickly put to the side for now as the sounds erupted. [member="Avery Regailis"] instantly moving into action regardless of whatever Nexus would choose. The blade across his back moved out of its sheath, Shruuk entering the casual hand at his side as the slightest of smiles emerged on his face. Nexus was hardly a sadist, nor a battle lover...Well not exactly. There was a certain triumph in battle he enjoyed, proof that death would not take him easily.

As Avery and his men began to work on their own methods, it was time that Nexus did his. The Protectorates people would deal with firepower from the air no doubt, though the Goran could preform that duty it was mainly to lay waste before landing. And at the moment, landing his people would only interfere with the Corporate Protectorates interests. So he'd deal with who he had with him, he started to move towards the battle, 4 Zhorngi with him, and 6 Jkri behind those. He came to see the battle field, massive creature and holes. The Gareth lek massive insect like creatures standing at 4 meters and being seven meters long. A chuckle emerged from his throat, then one of the Jkri came up to him informing him about more of the situation. A strange sound being heard upon some of the communications systems before they went dark.

He turned to the Zhorngi with him, "Get a corpse and send it to my ship for study. If you have the time, concoct a sufficient poison. Or at the very least get us information on what it is, and transfer that information to ever official in the Protectorate present." he ordered. The 4 shapeshifters moved instantly, carrying alchemized blades and being trained in the most extreme of circumstances there were few more experienced combatants out there. It wouldn't be hard for them to take down one of these creatures, especially as a group, he began to walk into the battle, his smile growing as he waded in. Two of the Zhorngi had sorounded one the creatures while the other two fended off others from stopping them. One of them ducked in hacking at the legs of one, it hesitated and stumbled but didn't break. "Impressive. But we train for worse." it sliced out at one of them who, instead of dodging or blocking, hardened his skin to bone and clasped the limb in between his own chest and his blade, the other one immediately took that moment to bring his into its abdomen and shove it through, sliding it down the creature killing it. The two quickly put it on its back to preserve its innerds, picked it up, and took off at a sprint towards the transport they'd taken down here.

The Jkri with him were then given their orders, "Bring me the dead. And bring them here." was the simple words he said. And then he moved, while the soldiers went to attempt to find those who were not capable of being saved, and with the common medical knowledge of a Jkri, they knew for sure, they would find the corpses and bring them back. For a simple purpose. Necromancy. There were some rather unorthodox powers that were not uncommon to the Vo Ni of Vran'Ti, and one such case was Necromancy.

He breathed in, placed his blade against the ground, and transformed. His limbs seemed to extend and his skin seemed to encase itself in bone, the first creature came to meet him, the blade came up and struck with the force of a being capable of controlling his own body beyond that of any Shii-Do or Neti. Imbued with the force the weapon which seemed to leave a violet wisp in its wake as it slipped through the body of the creature before Darth Tsator stepped back his yellow eyes looking at the creature as he stepped on its corpse, he held out the weapon in one direction and lightning surged from it crackling into one of the creatures while with his other he lifted and hurled one into another one of them, crashing them into their own allies with a smile on his face that slowly turned to disgust.

This was pointless. He would be wasting his energy. That was not to say he'd not run out of energy, no this was merely a strategic realization. He needed to treat expend less energy on them individually then he was. Because he remembered they'd said there were other threats. The public water source his Jkri had said was one of the primary sources. He turned around and leaped across back to one of his Jkri, "Disregard my last order. Merely assist these men in their actions. Kill as many of these creatures as you are able, or tend to the injured. I am sure you can handle either. If you receive orders from [member="Avery Regailis"] obey them, he shall be your temporary commander for the moment." he stated before rushing off again.

[member="Nova Storyteller"] He was headed for the Public Water supply and moving quickly, using the physical characteristics that best aided speed for his body, but also enhanced through the alchemized sword and the Vo that filled his body with strength as he moved towards the Water Supply. Whatever their plan, he intended on disrupting it. The others would have to take care of themselves, surely they could handle that.

[member="Chris Walker"] [member="Ari Zanareth"] [member="Cypher Rage"]

Ari Zanareth

A
CpDcSZf.jpg
Post 6/25

[member="Chris Walker"]
Regardless of whether they closed the sinkhole or not, the odds were still stacked against them. They;d have to move fast to miss what was a sizeable force coming at them. They had the enemy pinned between them and the walls. They needed to be within those walls by the time the full brunt of the Vong hordes smashed into their position.

"We don't have time to wait. Cut through the remaining forces and enter the city!"

And cut they did.

Bodies dropped under slug thrower rifles, and aliens tore into armor, shredding soldiers. She moved with grace and precision, dancing like a dervish through the Garath Lek. The blood red blade clove this way and that, slicing limbs, weaving a cage of carnage about her. They were making progress.

She decapitated another bug with backhand slash and then planted her foot, ending another with thrust into the brain. Singed flesh cooked with the smell of burnt bantha bacon.

"I can see the wall. Ten meters, make a perimeter."

The Praetorian guard fanned out in a semi circle. Squads began to fire grappling hooks onto the parapets, and winch themselves up via mechanical devices. She was second to last, rolling up the side like a flea up a mattress.

"We're in. Hold the walls. Chris, you and your squad are with me."

She pressed a button on her wrist pad, projecting a map of the city, courtesy of the CPS Fangs orbital scanners.

"The central bunker is a thousand meters north of us. We'll have to move across the rooftops, and quickly. Along the way we'll try to close any sinkholes."

Several of the soldiers were heavy weapons experts. They managed to find a few rocket launchers and hefted them up, arming their warheads with a flick of their thumbs.

Spirals of smoke rose into the heavens, acrid and black as space.

"Once we get there, we'll present the terms of our treaty, and focus on the rest from there. Ready?"

Post 4​
[member='Ari Zanareth']​

Chris slammed home a new energy cell and slid up the grappel line, watching as more of those Garth creatures scrambled towards them. They clamoured over the rubble and their dead kin, mindless hunger and a cunning intelligence driving them into a frenzy. Chris spotted more sinkholes in the distance, praying that the bombers would arrive soon. Dropships now landed troops and began to try and set up a perimeter, laser cannons and chainguns eating away at the horde.

Chris ran towards Ari, "You said there's a main bunker? I hope it has something larger than a pistol in it, your fighters aren't exactly meant for fast insertion teams." he fired his pistol towards a few aliens trying to drop on them from above, killing them and nearly overheating the blaster. "We need to get there soon, these things won't wait for us."

Chris watched as Hawk Starfighters unloaded laser blasts into the horde, cutting lines through the aliens. This battle was heating up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom