Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fallout 76

From the sound of it, either West Virginia or Virginia.

Vault 76 was also a control vault - one of the few where there wasn't some godawful experiment done on the vault dwellers.

My main hope is that it's not as people are suggesting, an MMO like ESO or online play.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Day Z is such a toxic game. If Fallout 76 is going to be that, then Bethesda is going to alienate a large portion of their consumer base that only play Fallout for the single player game and story driven narrative that Fallout is known for.

It's a shame that more and more companies are beginning to focus on Multiplayer games and leaving the players that only focus on Single Player campaigns in the cold.

[member="Mishka Larraq"]

Bethesda officials have seemingly warned against trusting leaks, or at the very least waiting to see what they have to offer.

Keep in mind the primary leaker, the Kotaku guy, leaked Fallout 4 stuff in like 2013 and was subsequently blacklisted by Bethesda, a rumor (which is what all of this is at this point) going around is that the 'leaks' regarding a lot of the details more or less may be them getting back at this journalist for his previous wrongdoings.

Either way, I'm sure they'll give us something good.

I am going to be seriously disappointed with this title if it's multi-player focused.

One of the best things about the Fallout franchise is the fact that they're one of the few games that stick to and do a brilliant job of creating single-player games with immense replay value.

While it's true much of what we're going on is rumors and we've yet to reach E3, I still wished to voice my concern for this as it's a significant step back in the franchise if they do go this route.

I personally found Elder Scrolls Online to be terrible and as such, can't bring myself to have high expectations for this one judging upon what I've read and heard.

Pray that I'm wrong however.

Todd said some intriguing things regarding how they will deal with griefing in an online only Fallout game that's PVP. I'm curious to see how this goes after some less than pleasant experiences playing SWTOR.

I was interested until they said there would be no human NPCs or anything of the like. Which basically means we're not getting much of a story, choices, or much for RPG elements, just a stripped down multiplayer Fallout 4 in a barren open world and cheap "go here and kill this" quests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom