Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/U-02 "Eleleth" Ultralight Propulsion System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a basic armor propulsion system.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: First United Astral Engineering
  • Affiliation:
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: FAE/U-02 “Eleleth” Ultralight Propulsion System
  • Modularity: Yes
    • When Utilized on Lower Production Host Platforms, Can Incorporate Advanced Stealth Systems.
    • May Be Mounted on Personal Armor, Droid, and Similarly-Scaled Platforms.
    • Adopts the Resistances of the Host Platform.
    • Various Aesthetic Modifications and Permutations.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
    • Internal Circuitry and Electronics
    • Anti-EMP Faraday Cage Mesh Surrounding Electronics
    • Misc. Components and Materials
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Small and Mobile - Condensed in a small, nigh on form fitting package which is easily integrated into any personal armor or droid host platform, the Eleleth is an ideal system for enhancing an operator’s maneuverability in the field, allowing her to execute sudden bursts of thrust in any direction to evade attacks, fly at the speeds of an airspeeder, and establish the high ground over an enemy. An especially skilled operator can utilize the repulsor boosters to augment their own natural movements, allowing faster sprints, higher jumps, boosted strikes which carry more raw kinetic force, and swift, ground-based power slides.
WEAKNESSES
  • Jordan Pushed Off - In utilizing repulsorlifts, the Eleleth also has the chief disadvantage of the technology, that being an inability to function without a nearby gravity well as it requires mass to push off of, meaning that it is nonfunctional in deep space.
  • Overload - The Eleleth’s Sleg Ultracapacitors can be dangerous when overloaded with energy, with a potential to explode or catch on fire.
  • Heat Index - Exhaustive and/or intensive usage of the Eleleth over a short period of time, will likely overheat the system, forcing it to enter a heat discharge protocol, during which it can not be used for a brief period.
DESCRIPTION
Conceived by First United Astral Engineering as an in-house mobility system for personal armor, droids, and similarly-scaled platforms, the FAE/U-02 “Eleleth” Ultralight Propulsion System is a utility technology designed to enhance the agility of an operator in the field, allowing her to execute a variety of maneuvers. Facilitating this, inertial fields around the operator protect her from G-forces, allowing her to execute the sudden stops and accelerations the Eleleth is capable of with no adverse effect. In a sense, the Eleleth can act as an extension of the operator’s own body, which especially skilled users are wont to do.

The system is also designed to operate under virtually all conditions, save for those of deep space as repulsorlift technology requires mass to push off of.

Nevertheless, the Eleleth is a technology which the designers maintain optimism for, as a system to further enhance the capabilities of soldiers in the field.

Last edited:
Adopts the Resistances of the Host Platform.
This kind of contradict one another.

The main consensus on personal energy shielding, is that if there is shielding systems on an Armor, then any attachments and even some weapons you may be holding, would be enveloped within this shield. IE, if its directly attached, it gains the shielding.

So having this shielding system independent of such, makes it much more beefy than one may presume from reading only the strengths and weaknesses.
When Utilized on Lower Production Host Platforms, Can Incorporate Advanced Stealth Systems.
What kind of Stealth systems can be used with this? An example that I am going to provide for the sake of the question, is the Stealth based systems of a ship, and that of the "Wake" of whatever fuel is being used. IE, if you go fast, Stealth systems don't work or are at a severe reduced effectiveness on scanning systems. The same goes for items such as Nightshadow where the faster a ship moves, the less effective the stealth based applications can provide.

Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

Thank you for picking up this submission.

I've removed the internal shielding section and on second thought, decided to remove the Combat De-Ionization system as well.

For the second point, I imagine things like thrust trace dampeners, Nightshadow, then working from there. However, this is just to establish a technological baseline which can be added to depending on the needs and production level(s) of the submission(s) this might go on. I'm not looking to tie myself down with restrictions on what works with it and what doesn't. Speed and power output might diminish the effectiveness of some stealth technologies that could go on this, but tbh even that isn't something I'm wanting to adhere to as a hard and fast rule as I or someone else could put something on it that could counter that effect to some degree.

Edit: Added Eternal Empire Under Affiliation

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom