Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory 2.0 Starship Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

[member="Tefka"] [member="Captain Larraq"]

Okay so why would anyone make a ship, with power ratio less than 20/20, or what ever their max is for that size ship?
Also is the way judging if your ship you do design the weapons for how they would be listed?

*Watches developing Starship Template post*

[member="Tefka"]

I really like the clarification you're putting into that.

I know you're probably not done editing it, but will the previous limitations to Company ownership of military and civilian starships be carried over? Likewise, there were guidelines placed on how large of a ship and how high of a production count individual companies could produce. Will those be getting carried over as well?

(the latter was more helpful than it appears at face value. Up until that list was made, nobody really knew that a tier 2-3 company couldn't afford to mass produce a Star Destroyer. XD)

sabrina said:
[member="Tefka"] [member="Captain Larraq"]

Okay so why would anyone make a ship, with power ratio less than 20/20, or what ever their max is for that size ship?
Also is the way judging if your ship you do design the weapons for how they would be listed?
2) probably the same as before

1) Because not every ship needs to be 20/20. Civilian ships, carriers, shorter than maximum length ships, exc. If a cruiser is anything between 500 and 1000 meters long, a 500 meter length ship isn't going to be having a fully 20/20 weapon armament. yeah... for its size, it's 20/20. But compared to the ship twice its size? It's just 15/20 or so.

Then there are specialized ships.

Azalus-class Flak Frigate this is probably a 20/20 or 30/20 for a Frigate when it comes to point defense. When used in ship to ship fighting? It's probably only got the overall armament rating of 10-14. If that. So its overall armament rating is very low for a military ship... But it's pretty much the best point defense ship on the board.

sabrina

I think I am going to have to wait a little to see how this pans out, or give [member="Captain Larraq"] enough money to get [member="Tefka"] so drunk he gives captian larraq the password edit this out, and tef forgets every thing due to alcohol. Ether that or send you some absinthe, that does the job quite well

@Tefka

A thought occurs to me.

Basic Rule
  • 4. Ships at or above 3,000 meters will always require a development thread. Minimum: 30 posts, 3 writers
Flagship Rule
  • a. The thread must be a minimum of 400 posts.
The former seems unnecessary in light of the latter. A Flagship thread must already have a minimum of 400 posts and 7 writers. Just thought I'd point that out.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Actually, OP only has two ships above the 2,000 meter mark. Also, if Tef is just now rolling out an armament rating scale, we should probably give it a few days before we start throwing out terms like 30/20. Better to adjust your relative scale then imply things about the new scale. It could confuse some people.

sabrina said:
I think I am going to have to wait a little to see how this pans out, or give [member="Captain Larraq"] enough money to get [member="Tefka"] so drunk he gives captian larraq the password edit this out, and tef forgets every thing due to alcohol. Ether that or send you some absinthe, that does the job quite well
I'm still getting used to the raise I got a few months back, not to mention the 5-10 hours of overtime each week.

I'm pretty sure I can afford to get [member="Tefka"] good and drunk if I wanted to.

:p

To be fair, after all the headaches I've given him over the past few months, I'm pretty sure I owe him enough drinks to get good and drunk.

Ayden Cater said:
@Tefka

A thought occurs to me.

Basic Rule
  • 4. Ships at or above 3,000 meters will always require a development thread. Minimum: 30 posts, 3 writers
Flagship Rule
  • a. The thread must be a minimum of 400 posts.
The former seems unnecessary in light of the latter. A Flagship thread must already have a minimum of 400 posts and 7 writers. Just thought I'd point that out.
Yeah, but flagships can now be up to 5000 meters long. *shrug* I guess that means that just because a ship is 3000 meters long, doesn't mean it is a flagship.

Man you guys are so much more constructive and cooperative after I go Julius Caesar on the Factory for two weeks.

Ayden Cater said:
Basic Rule 4. Ships at or above 3,000 meters will always require a development thread. Minimum: 30 posts, 3 writers ​Flagship Rule a. The thread must be a minimum of 400 posts.
Oversight. On it.

1. Mass producing any starship will require substantial proof of income by way of development thread, higher tier company, or Minor/Major Faction involvement.
2. To produce a ship over 1,000 meters in length, a company must be Tier 3 or higher.

How do you guys feel about this for the company rules for Starships? I feel like this greatly simplifies the nearly 2 dozen lines of reading one had to do to understand the general gist of the situation that Larraq pointed out. Is there a way to expand it, to be more creative with it, without overcomplicating the rules?

"Companies shouldn't be able to mass produce ISD's at like, tier 1" - basic summarization of what Larraq said which should be general common sense.

[member="Captain Larraq"] [member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Tefka"]

*bleats in agreement*

Also, another thought comes to mind.

Flagships are currently marked between 2,000 and 5,000 meters, but other ships have the possibility of reaching up to 3,000 meters. What happens in this middle ground? Is the overlap intentional?

Tefka said:
1. Mass producing any starship will require substantial proof of income by way of development thread, higher tier company, or Minor/Major Faction involvement.
2. To produce a ship over 1,000 meters in length, a company must be Tier 3 or higher.

How do you guys feel about this for the company rules for Starships? I feel like this greatly simplifies the nearly 2 dozen lines of reading one had to do to understand the general gist of the situation that Larraq pointed out. Is there a way to expand it, to be more creative with it, without overcomplicating the rules?

"Companies shouldn't be able to mass produce ISD's at like, tier 1" - basic summarization of what Larraq said which should be general common sense.

[member="Captain Larraq"] [member="Ayden Cater"]

These are fine, my only concern is the potential of having large militarized fleets by small minor factions or large tier companies that often times end up being as large, or larger than a Major Faction.

Granted, ATC has a large civilian fleet of merchant ships for a variety of items. The previous rules gave no cap to that. It did, however, give a cap to the militerized fleet ATC would have as a Tier 6 company beyond what a Minor faction could use, at a max of 12,800m of combined fleet size. (which was perfectly alright for me xD )

[member="Tefka"]

*shrug* Works for me. It's simple and easy to understand, but sets a hard standard. Solid.

I was also talking about -ownership- of starships though. Say... Mining Companies, Private Militaries, and Trading Companies would all need to own and operate ships and equipment of some kind. There used to be rules and restrictions on this for individual ship length and overall fleet length/quantity.

Danger Arceneau said:
These are fine, my only concern is the potential of having large militarized fleets by small minor factions or large tier companies that often times end up being as large, or larger than a Major Faction.

Granted, ATC has a large civilian fleet of merchant ships for a variety of items. The previous rules gave no cap to that. It did, however, give a cap to the militerized fleet ATC would have as a Tier 6 company beyond what a Minor faction could use, at a max of 12,800m of combined fleet size. (which was perfectly alright for me xD )

My understanding of the Minor Faction rules as written is that Minor Factions do not have 'fleets'. What they have is individual, PC Captained ships. These ships can be up to 1,000 meters in length as opposed to the 400 meter length allowed by independent Captains, Pilots, exc.

Tefka said:
Man you guys are so much more constructive and cooperative after I go Julius Caesar on the Factory for two weeks.

I only bring out the soap box when I see a problem that could use the attention of staff and think that community input on the matter is warranted.

Also, this is my Sunday. I'm well rested and full of coffee.

Danger Arceneau said:

That's intentional. If someone can get enough unique, PC captained ships and enough minor factions together - then yeah, they could have a company backed coalition that may rival a Major Faction.

That's not breaking the rules.

That's innovation.

sabrina

Captain Larraq said:
I'm still getting used to the raise I got a few months back, not to mention the 5-10 hours of overtime each week.

I'm pretty sure I can afford to get [member="Tefka"] good and drunk if I wanted to.

:p

To be fair, after all the headaches I've given him over the past few months, I'm pretty sure I owe him enough drinks to get good and drunk.
But what about the absinthe, or could you two not handle that?

edit sorry can not send you a bottle apparently it could land you in trouble, as our version is stronger. Thus brakes usa import laws :(

Ayden Cater said:
Flagships are currently marked between 2,000 and 5,000 meters, but other ships have the possibility of reaching up to 3,000 meters. What happens in this middle ground? Is the overlap intentional?
Flagships are a breed of their own. They're not intended to fit in any category for size or length. The category of Flagships doesn't really pertain to their size, unlike the rest of the categories (except for maybe Dedicated Carriers).

When judging a Flagship, with the immense requirements for one, it is to be understood that they are more powerful - not necessarily larger - than your average Destroyer. To look at a flagship is to understand it's gonna have a special feature or two - or three - that will bring something new and intimidating to the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom