Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory 2.0 Starship Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

Personal ships, do are they can they be op. Compared to mass produce ships, or do they follow the same template

Also it sucks you absinthe laws, was just looking sending you some

Tefka said:
That's intentional. If someone can get enough unique, PC captained ships and enough minor factions together - then yeah, they could have a company backed coalition that may rival a Major Faction.

That's not breaking the rules.

That's innovation.

So to confirm, minor factions can only have PC captain ships up to 1000 meters? Does this mean combat ships? Or Civilian ships? Or Both?

So SSB Minor Faction ( now turned to ATC minor faction ) with about four PC people working for me, can have only 4 PC ships up to 1000m only as a Minor faction?

How does this compare to what the different tier Companies that are not a minor faction in itself with it's own corporate defense fleet?

When I meant ship fleet limits earlier, I meant for companies who use combat ships for RP purposes to defend themselves ( like my convoys ) beyond the civilian ones for service. ATC doesn't produce ships normally, so it has nothing to do with what amount of mass produced ships it can make or how big, but how many are they able to utilize to protect their interests.

Danger Arceneau said:
So to confirm, minor factions can only have PC captain ships up to 1000 meters? Does this mean combat ships? Or Civilian ships? Or Both?
I don't differentiate between non-combat and combat ships. While I understand there is a difference, the rules will view them the same, unlike the cluttered previous iteration.

Danger Arceneau said:
So SSB Minor Faction ( now turned to ATC minor faction ) with about four PC people working for me, can have only 4 PC ships up to 1000m only as a Minor faction?
You realize this rule existed in the previous iteration of the Starships Factory, right?

1. An individual character may not own a ship greater than 400 meters in length. Ships over 400 meters must be owned by a Faction (Major or Minor), and may be captained by the character, but in case of leaving will not go with them without exceptional circumstances and faction administrator approval.
There is nothing in the rules about you *leasing* ships from other organizations, though. And since you mention your organization doesn't produce ships, this would be the route you'd likely take - both in this game, and realistically, I'm thinking.

In this case, you would be using the ships - but not owning them. The rules are aimed at ownership.

Tefka said:
You realize this rule existed in the previous iteration of the Starships Factory, right?
Haha yes, but under the previous company ownership of starships rules, I was able to do the following just by being a Tier 6 company.

• Own and operate a realistic amount of non combat starships up to a length of 2000m, no limit in fleet size other than being realistic on what ATC can financially manage.
  • Own and operate combat starships up to a length of 2000m for a total of 12,800 of total combat fleet size ( meaning I can have whatever kind of medley with that, and have a ship beyond the 1,000m length minor faction limit)

I realize that these Company Ownership of Starships Rules are currently obsolete, but just tossing them in for reference on what I'm talking about for context. I don't want more rules, I just want to be clear on where current service companies that own such ships outright have to do now.

Corporations may own and operate a realistic amount of non-combat starships based on company tier and individual ship length. Tier 1: 100 meters. Tier 2: 200 meters. Tier 3: 400 meters. Tier 4: 800 meters. Tier 5: 1600 meters. Tier 6: 2000 meters.

Corporations may own and operate combat starships based on company tier, ship length, and total length of ships owned. A Tier 1 corporation may own ships up to 100 meters, for a total of 400 meters. A Tier 2 corporation may own ships up to 200 meters, for a total of 800 meters. A Tier 3 corporation may own ships up to 400 meters, for a total of 1600 meters. A Tier 4 corporation may own ships up to 800 meters, for a total of 3200 meters. A Tier 5 corporation may own ships up to 1600 meters, for a total of 6400 meters. A Tier 6 corporation may own ships up to 2000 meters, for a total of 12800 meters.

For example, a Tier 3 corporation may own combat ships up to 400 meters for a total of 1600 meters. This might be 4 x 400 meter ships, 8 x 200 meter ships, or any other possible combination.

Tefka said:
There is nothing in the rules about you *leasing* ships from other organizations, though. And since you mention your organization doesn't produce ships, this would be the route you'd likely take - both in this game, and realistically, I'm thinking.

In this case, you would be using the ships - but not owning them. The rules are aimed at ownership.
Well, while ATC normally does not produce them, ATC does have mobile shipyards that are used to maintain them, as ATC is a Tier 6 company. ( She also works with Silk Holdings in this regard for maintaining her ships)

ATC has a large transport shipping fleet and a small combat fleet directly owned already, so where would that leave what it currently owns right and proper through past development threads with other Companies, expos, auctions, and Market place purchases?

This also goes for other companies who already also rightfully own small defense fleets based on the now obsolete Company Fleet rulings.

Danger Arceneau said:
Haha yes, but under the previous company ownership of starships rules, I was able to do the following just by being a Tier 6 company.

• Own and operate a realistic amount of non combat starships up to a length of 2000m, no limit in fleet size other than being realistic on what ATC can financially manage.
  • Own and operate combat starships up to a length of 2000m for a total of 12,800 of total combat fleet size ( meaning I can have whatever kind of medley with that, and have a ship beyond the 1,000m length minor faction limit)

I realize that these Company Ownership of Starships Rules are currently obsolete, but just tossing them in for reference on what I'm talking about for context. I don't want more rules, I just want to be clear on where current service companies that own such ships outright have to do now.

Corporations may own and operate a realistic amount of non-combat starships based on company tier and individual ship length. Tier 1: 100 meters. Tier 2: 200 meters. Tier 3: 400 meters. Tier 4: 800 meters. Tier 5: 1600 meters. Tier 6: 2000 meters.

Corporations may own and operate combat starships based on company tier, ship length, and total length of ships owned. A Tier 1 corporation may own ships up to 100 meters, for a total of 400 meters. A Tier 2 corporation may own ships up to 200 meters, for a total of 800 meters. A Tier 3 corporation may own ships up to 400 meters, for a total of 1600 meters. A Tier 4 corporation may own ships up to 800 meters, for a total of 3200 meters. A Tier 5 corporation may own ships up to 1600 meters, for a total of 6400 meters. A Tier 6 corporation may own ships up to 2000 meters, for a total of 12800 meters.

For example, a Tier 3 corporation may own combat ships up to 400 meters for a total of 1600 meters. This might be 4 x 400 meter ships, 8 x 200 meter ships, or any other possible combination.

Well, while ATC normally does not produce them, ATC does have mobile shipyards that are used to maintain them, as ATC is a Tier 6 company. ( She also works with Silk Holdings in this regard for maintaining her ships)

ATC has a large transport shipping fleet and a small combat fleet directly owned already, so where would that leave what it currently owns right and proper through past development threads with other Companies, expos, auctions, and Market place purchases?

This also goes for other companies who already also rightfully own small defense fleets based on the now obsolete Company Fleet rulings.
*sighs*

3. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of non-combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 2
4. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 2 and maximum fleet length = (Tier Number x 1000) x (Tier Number)

Here you go you number crunchers. How's that look to you.

Tefka said:
*sighs*

3. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of non-combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 2
4. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 2 and maximum fleet length = (Tier Number x 1000) x (Tier Number)

Here you go you number crunchers. How's that look to you.

Perfect!

Thank you so much, and sorry for the headache. I appreciate your patience :)

Tefka said:
Honestly, that's... a bit much. Maybe half or a third of the maximum combat fleet would be a little more... doable. And... maybe half the individual ship length for combat ships? Let me show you what I have for Mandal Hypernautics using the old rules. Honestly, I was pretty content with the list and figured it was a reasonable number of ships for a Tier 4 company (and the goal for once Tier 5).

Minor Faction Rules
Unique, PC Captained ships up to 1,000 meters in length.

Company Rules
Tier 4: Up to 800m per ship. Total fleet of 3,200 meters.
Tier 5: Up to 1,600m per ship. Total fleet of 6,400 meters.

Fleet Assets (@ Tier 4): 3,130 / 3,200
1x Skira-class Battleship: 850m: "The Skira" (Rygel Larraq as Captain: not counted towards company limit)
1x Keldabe-class Battleship: 750m: "A'den Verd" (GB: Merciless Warrior)
1x Keldabe-class Battleship: 750m: "Shab'rudur" (GB: --bad word for beating someone up--)
1x Krayt-class Light Cruiser: 450m: "Meshla'Ade" (GB: Beautiful Daughter)
1x Ulur'uur-class Sensor Frigate: 300m: "Kotep Ramikad'ika" (GB: Brave Little Soldier)
1x Jahaatir-class Electronic Warfare Frigate: 300m: "Shuk'la Gett'se" (GB: Crushed Nuts)
1x Haran'uliik-class Light Frigate: 220m: "Tal'onidir" (GB: --word that means sacrifice--)
1x Nebula-class Corvette: 180m: "Mandokar" (GB: The Right Stuff)
1x Nebula-class Corvette: 180m: "Ne Shab'rud'ni" (GB: Don't mess with me)

Fleet Assets (@ Tier 5) 6,310 / 6,400
1x Concordia-class Dreadnought: 1,550m: "Sharal'uliik" (GB: Lazy Beast)
1x Skira-class Battleship: 850m: "The Skira" (Rygel Larraq as Captain: not counted towards company limit)
1x Keldabe-class Battleship: 750m: "A'den Verd" (GB: Merciless Warrior)
1x Keldabe-class Battleship: 750m: "Shab'rudur" (GB: --bad word for beating someone up--)
1x Krayt-class Light Cruiser: 450m: "Meshla'Ade" (GB: Beautiful Daughter)
1x Krayt-class Light Cruiser: 450m: "Mirdala Burc'ya" (GB: Clever Friend)
1x Ulur'uur-class Sensor Frigate: 300m: "Kotep Ramikad'ika" (GB: Brave Little Soldier)
1x Ulur'uur-class Sensor Frigate: 300m: "Osi'kyr!" (GB: "Frell Me!")
1x Jahaatir-class Electronic Warfare Frigate: 300m: "Shuk'la Gett'se" (GB: Crushed Nuts)
1x Jahaatir-class Electronic Warfare Frigate: 300m: "Udesii!" (GB: Chill Out!)
1x Haran'uliik-class Light Frigate: 220m: "Duch Vod'ika" (GB: Bad Little Brother)
1x Haran'uliik-class Light Frigate: 220m: "Tal'onidir" (GB: --word that means sacrifice--)
1x Nebula-class Corvette: 180m: "Mandokar" (GB: The Right Stuff)
1x Nebula-class Corvette: 180m: "Ne Shab'rud'ni" (GB: Don't mess with me)
1x Nebula-class Corvette: 180m: "Kaden Senaar" (GB: Angry Bird)
1x Nebula-class Corvette: 180m: "Suusaanyc'uliik" (GB: Reliable Beast)

Ayden Cater said:
[member="Captain Larraq"]

Shutupanddon'tmakehimtakeitback.

I was about to say... if my math's right, I just gave companies a serious significant boost.

Not to mention, a Tier 5 - the second largest tier - 's entire fleet would equate to about the same size of one Major Faction's battlegroup that was brought to the first One Sith invasion of Alderaan in max length.

Edit: And I find it reasonable, to be honest. Especially given the restrictions on ship size. It makes allying with a Tier 6 company that has a privateer fleet a little more beneficial if you're going up against some fleeters in Invasions.

*shrug*

The way I see it, the 'standard engagement' is 10,000 meters per side for small-ish Major Faction fleeting actions. While private companies can field a respectable fleet, I think that keeping it so that only Tier 6 companies can field 10,000 meters of combat ships is a solid option. It also comes with the added risk of... the consequences of losing the fight where you field your entire fleet.

I liked the Company and Minor Faction ship limits the way they were because I was hoping to bring up some modifications to the 'standard' fleeting rules at some point.

Fleeting in Skirmishes and Invasions
10km, 20km, 30km, 40km, or 50km of overall ships per side, divided between writers as desired by owning Faction Admins.
Flagships owned by an involved Major Faction and PC piloted do not count against this maximum
Privately owned ships that are no more than 400m long and PC piloted do not count against this maximum.
Minor Faction owned ships that are no more than 1000m long and PC piloted do not count against this maximum.
Separate fleets of Company owned ships and PC commanded by a representative of that company do not count against this maximum.

4. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 3 and maximum fleet length = ((Tier Number x 1000) x (Tier Number)) / 2

This puts Tier 6 at 18k total and max starship at 2k length.

I find this to be more of a middle ground without retroactively affecting anyone. Still a boost, but much less so.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Tefka"]
I only have one comment. Okay, I lied, two.

1) If I ever see a fifty-meter starfighter, I am flipping the feth out. xD

2) What is "Infinite" speed and "Infinite" maneuverability? Something that is infinitely maneuverable is, hypothetically, teleporting and no longer bound to timespace. In that sense, infinite maneuverability also means infinite speed, as speed is no longer even a factor when the time it takes to assume one position to the next is nonexistant.

Both of these things smell like abuse to me, in the near future.

I love everything else, all things considered. Nice and simple, but plenty of room for us "oldfarts" to be as detailed as always if we choose.

And with ship sizes generally increasing and Flagships coming in to play officially, we're gonna see a bulk move in battlegroup sizes. I feel like this move with Companies is a natural one.

Aynea Savan Xyhn said:
[member="Tefka"]
I only have one comment. Okay, I lied, two.

1) If I ever see a fifty-meter starfighter, I am flipping the feth out. xD

2) What is "Infinite" speed and "Infinite" maneuverability? Something that is infinitely maneuverable is, hypothetically, teleporting and no longer bound to timespace. In that sense, infinite maneuverability also means infinite speed, as speed is no longer even a factor when the time it takes to assume one position to the next is nonexistant.

Both of these things smell like abuse to me, in the near future.

I love everything else, all things considered. Nice and simple, but plenty of room for us "oldfarts" to be as detailed as always if we choose.
Infinite is unattainable. No one will be granted infinite. They're only there as a baseline.

[member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Aynea Savan Xyhn"] [member="Captain Larraq"] [member="Danger Arceneau"]

Some good conversation in this thread, but I'm going to lock it because I wish for each individual suggestion - Factory related or not - to be spread throughout different posts and not centralized in one thread. These suggestion threads - and feedback threads - should be short and quick to the point so players not familiar with the conversation can catch up really quickly rather than rummaging for one particular answer.

Nothing wrong here, just want to spread the conversation out so points don't get missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom