Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Vote: Merging

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It has been brought to my attention that people are interested in us merging with the SJO. Neither myself nor the staff would want to take such a step without all of you having a say in the matter.

It could open more avenues for threads and stories for you, giving you more activity as they are massive and we are not. The structure of Commenor won't change so much. We'd just have someone else to answer to. And for those that love invasions, you'll get plenty of that to look forward to.

I leave it all to you to decide. Please vote yay or nay. No need to leave reasons. That's not expected. Just have your vote count.

There are a number of reasons why I am behind this, I will not speak for my fellow Faction Administrators and [member="Lady Kay"] is already aware of my feelings on the matter but I feel this will give our members a future, where as of right now things are appearing to be somewhat discouraging.

The truth is that Carla is wanting to shelve Kay for lack of muse and as that's her decision, we are in support of this; However I am returning to full-time Study on the 12th of February and have responsibilities to Staff as well as being a Father to my Daughter and three Step-Children, my time and availability is going to be tight at the best of times and I cannot commit to leading even if it's In-Character alone.

With the Silver Jedi being as large as they are, Commenor's financial and military state will be bolstered massively and I personally will continue with my Jedi threads as well as those with Loreena and should Carla bring Kay back, her too of course. This move makes sense to me, in order to alleviate stress from many of us and as some people will have noticed, things have been rather tense lately over Discord.

I have already spoken with Asaraa Vaashe, as has Bradshaw Ku and we have been assured that it is not only Lightsided Characters that will be allowed to join, providing those of the Darkside do not go out of their way to commit crimes as we here in Commenor would like-wise expect.

For everyone else, this will help both sides in participating in possible dominions and broadening our ability to role-play with others. This is my perspective and I've assured Carla and our team here that I will support whatever decision we come to, as a Faction regardless of my preference.

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
I myself have not really been involved much to really form an opinion but with what has been going on lately it would keep this faction going and could expand people’s writing base. Even if things are merged being a sub faction and doing our own things is still a very viable option. The CIS has several sub factions like the sacred lotus and eternal empire that have a decent writer base to continue stories in their own confined plot but have a much larger writer base to call on if needed. So I will have to cast a vote for this even if it is a close one.

Does this mean folding the faction into SJO completely? Letting SJO hold a dominion of Commenor and becoming an SJO sub-faction?

I don't really care either way, as I told Kay earlier, I'm here for Daiya's story with [member="Loreena Arenais"], no matter what flag is flown. Abstaining from the vote itself, but affirming my support for Commenor stories to continue.

The general impression being felt by the current Admin Team is that the future of the faction isn't looking good, and that remaining an individual faction as we are now, will eventually see about to a slow decline and eventual end given the availability and incentive of the main writers within Commenor (the Faction).

As an alternative to a slow grueling decline, the suggestion to merge with the Silver Jedi Order was made. It would involve dissolving this faction into a sub-faction of the Silvers as you say [member="Daiya"], yes.

At present, we're not certain what the answer will be if this move does not go ahead as there is currently no leadership that feels confident or able to be at the head of the Faction. As I said in my previous post, [member="Lady Kay"] is shifting her focus to Loreena Arenais and I do not have the availability to take over. [member="Bradshaw Ku"] hasn't been active due to IRL priorities and [member="Darlyn Excron"] is involved in a number of varying factions/directions of RP.

Should this vote not go ahead, we will be open to suggestions but they can be discussed on Discord. We'll leave this thread specifically for the Vote to (or not to) merge with the SJO.

We've been doing this for nigh on three years.

Kay-Larr

I will bring Kay off the shelf (please don't turn into an Elf on the Shelf!), in order to help with the transition, if it happens. And Lori is still part of the royal family and loyal to her home world. She'll be there when she needs to be, as evident in the beach thread. I'm not giving up my spot as FO and I'll still work hard to get plots going for you guys. So not to worry.

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
For many of the reasons already stated by others, particularly [member="Veiere Arenais"], I vote for the merger. There comes a time in every faction’s life on Chaos when it must strongly consider merging or face possible evaporation and I think Commenor is too good and there are still too many awesome friends and writers involved for it to just evaporate. Merging with the SJO still gives us a lot of freedom, and it gives us opportunities for new interactions and new stories.

Merging isn’t the end of Commenor, it’s just another phase in its long life.

I have thought about this long and hard. I have my own sets of pros and cons. Pros are mostly to do with how it would give leadership a break since I know they really need one, which would allow them to focus on quality rp and give them IRL time they need to get their creativity back to good solid levels. It would give us an expanded base of RP and enable people who like the map game, to enjoy it. Cons are that this is a huge base of rpers and I don't know any of them. I think it will be difficult for me irl to find my place there. Also, same thing ic. My character is a political one. Its been tough enough carving out a place on Commenor with very few other political players. I am worried I will find myself adrift ic again.

Admittedly, I don't know enough about SJO. I might just be worried for nothing. However, I feel this will be a good move for Commenor and I will figure out where my character goes from here in time with the help of my solid friends here :D

Vote: yes

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
[member="Silfe Sosuri"], those are certainly some understandable worries. Fortunately, SJO are good, friendly people, and secondly, the Faction Owner is a great guy (with an amazing accent if you catch him on voice chat, haha). So I’m sure you’ll find a lot of fast friends. Better still, you’ll have all of us coming along with you, so it’s not like jumping into a new faction all by yourself :)
We’ll all figure it out together and I know the SJO will do whatever they can to make us feel welcomed and at home :)

[member="Elaine Thul"]

"They're Commenori first, they can jump into Doms or threads but stay representatives of Commenor".

This comes straight from the Silver Jedi's Faction Owner, [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] ;)

#NoManLeftBehind

Kay-Larr

Looks like this is going through, so I don't need to cast a tie breaker :p

It'll take some adjusting for a bunch of us (myself included especially) but we'll get there. I hope that we can continue to work on our own stuff and not have it all lost among everything else that'll be going on.

We had a good run in any case. I'll miss our independence.

Now we can't prevent an invasion. Nearly everyone invades SJO...lol

This will be a new chapter for Commenor, that's for certain!

I've joined their Discord Channel, along with Bradshaw Ku now. Planning around the Dominion/Diplomacy thread regarding the Silver's taking Commenor's Hex has already begun and all of you here are welcome to join the SJO Faction. This here will remain an active Sub-Faction for the foreseeable future, and very little will change in terms of how Commenor operates. The Silver Jedi do not control the planets they have within their territory but they seek to offer them protection as you would expect of the Jedi. We have been welcomed to join in any Silver Jedi threads, and vice versa, we are being opened up to a plethora of new writers who may enjoy participating in some of our style of threads and story-lines.

With [member="Lady Kay"] missing (In-Character), Veiere is looking to House Arenais with a change of heart in terms of being looked up to as King. He will be stepping down when the time is right so that he can continue to live as a Jedi Master under the Order. What this means for Chasin City/Okanagon, I have yet to work out the details but I'm sure Carla will have some thoughts on the subject. Before that however, we still have a story-line to play out and our Queen is still missing!

Perhaps with the aid of the Silver Jedi, we might have the man-power to track down some further leads as to her whereabouts and whomever is responsible for her loss, as well as the mysterious death they left in their wake...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom