Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Faction Mergers 3.0

In the past, Faction Mergers were a "get out of inactivity free" card for struggling factions. If criteria for staying on the map was not met, they could let a friendly faction assume control over all of their territory. This was, regretably, abused, thereby leading to today's ruleset that has no purpose nor identity. Currently, Faction Mergers do nothing differently than voluntary demotions to Minor. In the end, one faction is removed from the map and all writers jump ship to the next - Mergers just take two votes to do it.

So, I propose a middle ground. One that addresses the history of inactivity abuses, whilst also restoring identity and purpose to this ruleset.

FACTION MERGES

After a vote between two Major Factions, a Merger can be initiated under the following conditions:
  • Neither faction has received a recall notice within the last 90 Days.
  • At least the faction owner and one admin must be incorporated into the new staff team.
  • Both factions must be adjacent.
Mergers will allow for a total of 1/3 of a faction's territory to be immediately incorporated by a neighbor. The total number of hexes will be rounded down accordingly. The gained hexes can be specified in the Map Update thread.

(i.e. If the Eternal Empire and First Order merged today, the Eternal Empire would receive one hex. Or, if reversed, the First Order would receive four hexes.)

As it stands, something should be done with Mergers to give them purpose beyond "going Minor with extra steps." While I'd love to see something along these lines implemented, I'm also fine with removing the ruleset altogether as obselete. Those are my thoughts - what are yours?

Caedyn Arenais

C
I also like where this one is going and support the suggestion.

Despite how rare Faction Mergers seem to be, I could imagine this being utilized really well by smaller factions helping them to get a leg up in the map game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom