Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FACTION LEADERS: CHECK IN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sith Empire.
My idea is that it is based on Korriban and has won through battle or diplomacy many Outer Rim territories. It does not control as wide an expanse of planets when compared to the Galactic Republic but has influence in every corner of the Galaxy. Not too weak but they don't rule the Galaxy. The Republic is aware of their presence.

Hey I was wondering if a single person can be a founder of two factions? I'm thinking about creating a "Followers of Skywalker" cult that are warrior-monks similar to the Jedi, but follow the ways of the late Skywalker family, attempting to once again restore balance through the power of redeemtion. Then I want to make a "Disciples of Vader" cult that are also warrior-monks that are more akin to the Sith, but follow only the paths of Darth Vader, the man who destroyed the Jedi and Sith, so really their goal is destroy the remnants of Jedi and Sith alike to bring balance to the force. Would this be acceptable? I want to make a character that follows one of these ideas.

You may only found one faction per character. All three ideas are approved, but just know that you'll have to work at getting your faction recognized enough so people'll join your ideas.

Oh cool! I understood the per character thing, but I didn't know weather or not a single "user" could. But yeah, when I pound out all the dings I'll postm' up.

So, how many people do I need to have the faction officially up and running on the site??? I currently have myself and a lone individual who said he was interested it being apart of it maybe. What is a good way of advertising/entising users to help me found the faction?

Reaching out to friends, facebook, or telling people here as they show up that you have a Sith faction you'd like them to check out. Being consistent is key - you can throw out 100 ads a day, but if you don't keep that up, very few people will find you. So, find a nice relaxing amount of work put into telling people about your faction (15-20 minutes a night?) and keep it up every night.

You may begin your faction, as of now, with only one person. So two'll do it.

Boba-Fett-Mandalorian-Skull.png

So I have two different versions of this. One if my preferred version, and the other is something I'm more than fine with and probably the more likely to be approved. Both start the same way when it comes to the gulag plague and the four hundred years of darkness. Then they diverge. My preferred vision involves having the Mandalorians of this era being a hybrid of the warrior clans that we most know them for and the more peaceful high society that we see first in the clone wars. There are pretty good reasons for that, but that's at the point of divergence. The other idea, is basically your standard mandos. Nothing new there. So yeah. While I do the prefer the hybrid idea more, I have my reservations about it actually functioning well in terms of actually building the internal conflict I would love to see.

Story Line:
In the wake of the gulag plague outbreak the Mandalorian clans saw this as a moment to be seized. In the early years of the of the four hundred years of darkness the Mandalorians saw many world fall while other sectors completely cut themselves off from the rest of known space in an effort to stave off the plague. The Mandalorians did not cut off their space though, but kept it open to any that would come. However, in order to stop the spread of the virus on their planets they instituted severe quarantine protocols. Billions died on the doorstep of the Mandalorian sector, but because of this they were able to mitigate much of their losses. But only to a point, many of their worlds fell to the virus regardless.

As the virus went dormant the worlds began to stabilize. The small sector saw itself rebuilding, but as it rebuilt a schism was beginning to build. While being a Mandalorian was a cultural identity and not a racial one many did not want to join in to the warrior culture. The only reason they had come was to survive. The old planets and cities remained strong in their roots, but the refugee cities were split. Some adapting to the ways of those that had taken them in such a dangerous time while others wanted to create their own way. A new way. What was not lost in the gulag plague was suddenly at stake as the sector was thrust into a civil war.

The conflict in the sector lasted for generations. Intermingled were times of peace or moments in which border wars took the focus of the warriors off their cousins. The ebb and flow of the conflict was one that threatened to weaken the Mandalorians to the point of nonexistence, and all that had been hoped to be maintained during the early years of the Darkness seemed to be about to be lost.

This is where the story diverges, depending on what ya'll prefer.
1) Mandalore the Rebuilder looked over the ruins of a battle on Gargon and saw a waste. The dissenting former refugees were slaughtered, but not without taking with them many of the true Mandalorians. All he saw before him was years of conflict and the weakening of his people. He could see that in the near future the galactic conflicts would come again, and border conflicts with the Sith were already making this a growing reality. If they continued on fighting one another then their ultimate survival was at stake. He could only see a future where they were destroyed or became the vassal of some other government. Neither were options that appealed to him. It was his mission and desire to see the Mandalorians ascend to glory again and be a power in the broken galaxy. It was then that he made called an end to the conflict and went through a series of meetings with the leaders of the clans and the dissenting forces. Looking back at the history he forged a new future based on the traces of the old. The dissenters would become full Mandalorian but in the same vain of the pacifists of old, however they would help fuel the warriors. Over this segment he reinstated the Duchy of Mandalore, whose ruler would see over the non-warrior cast. However, he could see history repeating itself and a new Death Watch appearing, so he made them once again himself. Their Overlord would be the ruler over the warrior castes, and both would answer only to the Mandalore. Many in the sector do not like this form of peace, but begrudgingly accept that Mandalore the Rebuilder is trying to strengthen the people and forge their future in strength and not in destruction. The unified and pure Mandalorian sector stood strong and ready to begin to look outward in the galaxy.

2) Mandalore the Rebuilder looked over the ruins of the battle of Gargon and saw a waste. They were doing conflict with peasants, not great warriors. In the wake of their victory none joined them to strengthen their people. All that came from the conflict was loss. He saw the need for the conflict to be ended quickly. If they kept on in this generational war then they would be weakened to the point of death. Yes, they would fight well to that death, but he wanted his people to be powerful not dead. Even glory was not enough to make the worthwhile. So he made a command that shook the sector. Instead of meeting their opponents in open conflict in their many battlefields, he laid siege to them. He cared not for honor with opponents who would bring none. Cities, Planets and Systems broke under the weight of the orbital bombardments. Wasting the resources in these attacks was not something he enjoyed but he saw nothing but a strengthened people coming from it. To his surprise, the dissenters began to realize their impending doom and succumbed to the culture they had fought against. The assimilated themselves into that which they had protested for so long so that they could survive. The unified and pure Mandalorian sector stood strong and ready to begin to look outward in the galaxy.

Alright, so there ya go. That is the potential storylines I am working with. Now if you need Halik to be Mandalore the Rebuilder, then fine, I got no problem with that. If not, that is also perfectly cool. Means I don't have to alter my bio much (aside from accommodating the storyline that is picked). Now for ranks. I think we're working with the three tier system, correct? I won't worry about the non-warrior caste cause I honestly don't foresee that being what you want. But that wouldn't be difficult to add. It'll go something like Initiate (as well), Journeyman, and then something... don't care.

Tier 3: Initiate. There are two ways to become an initiate in the Mandalorian clans. One is either born into it, or decides to join into the culture. As such there is a large variance as to what exactly an initiate entails, but it does not actually bear much weight until the initiate becomes of age. At which point they begin to put their learning into action and start fighting in wars, being sent after various quarries, or just journeying the stars in search of conflict and glory. Once they have built a sufficient reputation as being a reliable warrior and soldier they are sent on a special task. In war it might be a particularly difficult objective, or they might be sent after a particularly fearsome beast on some planet but limited in what resources he can use. Should he come back successful he achieves the ranks of Blooded.

Tier 2: Blooded. These are what the Mandalorians are known for. Their proven and effective warriors who see glory wherever they turn. Their feats of violence are known to one another and are the basis upon which they are judged. The life of a Blooded Mandalorian is harder than that of the initiate. No longer are humble missions and quarry considered worth while. No, at this point they are supposed to begin piling glory upon themselves, bringing honor to their name and their families. This results in the constant ascension of feats that they engage in. Constantly they drive to topple their previous merit, as well as that of those around them as they climb the ranks as a storied warrior. Many die at this level. But those who truly rise above the rest take upon themselves the mantel of Overseer.

Tier 1: Overseer. These are the greatest of warriors. Those that stand over all and are living legends among their people. In war they are in charge of commanding whole groups of Initiates and Blooded warriors, though it is not unusual for them to be independent in conflicts and taking on the most difficult of tasks by themselves. While few make it this far, those that achieve this position are fearsome warriors and to be feared by all who come across them. Even those gifted with the power of the Force do not take lightly to an opponent who is deemed a Mandalorian Overseer.

Up for any of those to be renamed. Most open to the top tier. But yeah.

Stormtrooper

The first Trandoshan
Owner of the Bounty Hunters Guild, it's a WIP, but it is all about collecting bounties. If you want to join, you must be nvited from a fellow member and approved by me to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom