Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction\Interaction Interest Check: OOC (Please read very carefully)

So, If i start this faction, It will be with another character because I designed voska with independance in mind and I'd like to continue playing and developing him lmao but that's not what you're here for so here goes:

The Faction that I am proposing could be seen as somewhat controversial to the community at first, But please please read the whole post before commenting or leaving.

As discussed in This Thread, bounty hunting is dying on chaos. this sucks for folk like me who had certain characters or play styles in mind, I highly recommend reading that thread over, it explains why bounty hunting is the way it is right now.
I Aim to change things up with a faction and it's code of conduct. It would be a bounty hunter's guild under another name, and we would have our own way of doing things, to make things comfortable for both the Bounty hunters, and the Bountee themselves.

Item 1: prey would be notified of the guild's interest in posting a bounty, and they would checked for thread interest or interest in otherwise participating Before The bounty is posted by the guild. potential prey that is not interested in threading or general participation would most likely have their bounties cancelled before they are even posted by the guild.

Item 2: Bounties posted by the guild would award both the bounty hunter and the bountee, the specifics would be arranged between both parties and the guild.
This will likely be handled through factory subs handled by the guild, and\or exchanges between the bounty hunter and bountee, as well as payment provided by clients who wish to post the bounty anonymously through the guild, and of course credits or something along those lines, provided by the guild.

Item 3: All Parties participating would be required to state weather or not PTK(permission to kill) is active for their respected party, ie: If the bountee does not wish to have their character killed, than both the guild and the bounty hunter(s) cannot, and will not be the cause of their IC deaths. the fate of the bountee(if caught at all) will be discussed between the guild and the bountee prior to any threads or bounty posting, same goes for the hunters who accept the bounty. PTK will go both ways

Item4: All bounties would be posted for IC reasons, with IC consequences. All guild bounties posted would be would be posted IC and for IC reasons(ie: idgf how you talk ooc, guild bounties take the character into mind, not the player, Droz munin for example would have a very clear ic bounty for very clearly blowing heads off a bunch of hostages in eshan earlier yesterday as of writing this. and he would still be checked for interest in the bounty before it was posted anyway. where as insertusernamehere#5002 from discord would not receive a bounty for a meme that I didn't like.)
Rewards would be determined based on the target's strength, as some members of the community have mentioned the unrealistically high rewards for ooc vendeta based bounties. all bounties submitted by third parties through the guild would also have to be scaled according to the strength of the target, and would be checked for IC reasoning as mentioned several times above.
TLTR BOUNTIES SHOULD BE FOR IC REASONS WITH REALISTIC IN PLAY REWARDS.

Item5: Guild members would be expected to follow a code of conduct, the brief version of which(because I don't feel like typing out the whole thing atm) can be summed up thusly: Don't be a **** OOC, Respect the rules listed above, and remember that we're all here to write together. include all parties involved in the story, and strive to write something memorable with each thread, and with each writing partner.

Item 6: This would not be limited to PVP scenarios, the guild would set up threads against NPCs with IC rewards for their kill\capture, most probably wouldn't be worth as much as player bountees, but that depends on both the difficulty of the thread set up by the guild.

The Goal of this Faction would be to make bounty hunting fun again.
To Make bounty hunting a viable character occupation.
And to make needed, and wanted changes.

If you would like to see this become a thing, please comment on this thread. and of course, feedback is always appreciated

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Voska Naudir"]

Great idea! I love it and all of the general rules that you've put in. I've set bounties myself and have had numerous ones put on me for IC reasons. Minus one, but that was just funny. Every hunter that has gone after my character has used the basic care and rules that you stressed. If it's lacking on the board nowadays, that's a real shame. I salute your attempts to bring it forward.

I'm sure that I'll be hunted by you or your members at some point soon....lol

Thanks both of you

[member="Kay Arenais"] If we ever make that happen, I'll be damn sure that it's fun for both sides

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"] Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. hopefully I'll be in a position to take you up on that in the near future

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Voska Naudir"]

That's how it's supposed to be. All for fun. Even losing can be fun. It builds character ;)

There was supposed to be a bounty on my head that was supposed to go live a week ago by one of the bounty hunter guilds here. But I haven't heard anything about it since I was shown the poster for it. No doubt some other will pop up eventually! I'll look forward to it anyways :) Those sorts of things keep me on my toes!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Voska Naudir said:
bounty hunting is dying on chaos. this sucks for folk like me who had certain characters or play styles in mind,
Bounty Hunting is fine the way it is. Nothing is wrong. It's fine. Just go make a normal faction and start LFGing or PMing for threads. Like normal. Which is fine.

Voska Naudir said:
prey would be notified of the guild's interest in posting a bounty,

Voska Naudir said:
LTR BOUNTIES SHOULD BE FOR IC REASONS WITH REALISTIC IN PLAY REWARDS.
So... Real IC reasons to PM somebody and ask for permission to post a bounty on them? Why. Who cares about reasons. Just post a bounty and play ball. Open threads are open.

Voska Naudir said:
Bounties posted by the guild would award both the bounty hunter and the bountee,
How? Fiction money. Free factory stuff that is already freely purchased with fiction money. How does this even make sense IC? Wut.

Voska Naudir said:
All Parties participating would be required to state weather or not PTK(permission to kill) is active for their respected party,
PTK is a violation of top rules unless both are cool with it. This isn't even a thing.

Voska Naudir said:
Guild members would be expected to follow a code of conduct
The website has a code of conduct.

Ok, Firstly- I have a few things to say about this.
-I respectfully Disagree, and The majority of bounty hunters that I've seen as of late, especially in the thread i linked, do not share the same sentiment.
-Very few of the current bounties have been completed, threaded, or otherwise made any progress, most of them haven't even been started, despite plenty of interested hunters being present.
The same goes for last years entire bounty roster, which in an rp this size, should not be the case.
-Also No, plain and simple: I don't feel like it. The point of making factions, and roleplaying in general, is do what you like doing, within the rules of the community you rp with, and without hurting said community. So, regardless of weather you think I should make a "normal" faction(what even is a "Normal" faction these days? A warmongering empire or corporate entity? cause that's the majority I see at the moment, save for a few), I Will build whatever kind of faction I feel comfortable running, and\or feel passionate enough to actually build up instead of abandon and kill. the last thing a faction needs is an owner with no interest in it, and I have no interest building what appears to be a "Normal" faction here, So i must decline.

Secondly, If I post a bounty on you, because for example, i decide i don't like this post of yours, that's not what we call "Roleplay", which appears to be the purpose of chaos. It's taking OOC salt into the game, which is petty, immature and against the rules in most RP communities. As for PMing them, firstly it's more polite to ask before starting a random thread, tagging them and saying "oh btw we're hunting you in this new thread." The main reason for PMing them however, is to see if they themselves are willing to cooperate, because as many a bountee and once again, that linked thread have pointed out- A lot of people just restrict themselves to private threads because they don't want their individual stories wrecked by random bounty hunters. If we can get both sides to cooperate, than they can both work towards writing the same story, instead of stepping all over one another's work, which has been a complaint i have seen multiple times, and if that were replaced with simi cooperative writing, that would improve the roleplay, which is once again, the primary focus of chaos, last I checked.

Thirdly, That's what bounties already do??? but only towards the hunters. they are paid in fiction money, and fiction ships, in our fictional world. going back to my second point. Tis roleplay. Since most of us bounty hunters are hunting for prizes, (as well as a good rp) such as fictional money and fictional factory stuff. Our faction would of course produce some guild specific Fictional items to award successful hunters with. You ask "How does this make sense in character" Well let me explain this to you: Our fiction money is not fiction money to the characters, it is real, physical(sometimes digital) currency, to the character. Put yourself in the character's shoes, if you caught a dangerous criminal, you would expect compensation, yes? Well, that fiction money ooc is cold hard cash, aka compensation in character. I really don't understand how this doesn't make sense to you, especially considering that's what IC business, bounties, and factions do all the time..

Fourthly, I am aware that killing an oc without permission is against the rules, this is meant to be an extra precaution. it is also to clarify the rules of the hunt ahead of time, Because it is entirely possible with the current bounty board, to put a "Wanted Dead" bounty on an oc without bothering to check for ptk. which renders it useless if the target doesn't give the bounty's poster, ad all their hunters ptk, I mean why do people even do this? Obviously the guild can't control what bounties other folk post, But ours would always have things sorted out ahead of time, which doesn't seem to happen often enough with most bounties posted these days, judging by the reactions of wanted players.

And Fifthly: Yes, the website has a code of conduct, but I'm talking a faction specific code of conduct, which has largely been explained in the sections and even posts above. The faction staff would ask before posting a bounty, to ensure that it doesn't become another, impossible to complete, waste of space on the bounty board.
Our hunters, and our bounty posters would keep all IC actions (aka- calling a hit on someone's character) IC, with IC consequences, instead of posting for reasons of petty ooc drama.
Just because the website has an ooc code of conduct, doesn't prevent factions from having their own, both ooc and IC, as long as they conform to the site's rules. I honestly don't know why you brought it up..

I hope that clarifies things for you [member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Ah, Re-reading these, I may have misunderstood Clark's third point. if the problem for you is the hunter possibly being rewarded in a similar fashion to the hunter, that's choked up to the roleplay aspects as far as in character stuff goes. things like getting to steal a guild factory ship to escape the hunter's hunting grounds with, things like that.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"] Hello again Zen,

Zenva Vrotoa said:
Good luck, Vod. Give me a shout if/when you get this faction idea of yours rolling. I may know a few people interested.
^Well I've got it ready to tumble a little right Here. Very much WIP while i get my osik together and navigate the site xD
but yeah, here's that shout!

ps: using my alt: [member="Tarken Tarask"] To run the thing, cause me and a few fellas have other plans for this character : p

Voska Naudir said:
As discussed in This Thread, bounty hunting is dying on chaos. this sucks for folk like me who had certain characters or play styles in mind, I highly recommend reading that thread over, it explains why bounty hunting is the way it is right now.

Technically everything is dying on Chaos, which one could argue makes your bounty hunting that much harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom