Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Future

Find a faction to merge with

• CIS (Confederacy of Independant Systems

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GA (Galactic Alliance)

• SJO (Order of the Silver Jedi)

• Go minor and stay minor

• Go minor, rebuild and go major again when we are ready

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need everybody to make their voice be heard and decide the future of the FWC.

There are pros and cons of each choice and option. The vote will be open until the end of the week to give everybody the opportunity to take the time to read and reply.

If you have any questions or concerns, please bring them up and we can talk about them. I'm trying to be as transparent as I can with this.

Now having chatted with a few members via Discord (I invite you to join that), we feel the faction that would fit us the best for a merge would be the GA. They are a light sided faction, but have a militaristic tendency. All characters have options here.

SJO is another option and they accept Force and non Force users openly. All characters have options here. IC we already have a non-aggression treaty in place so could fit right in from there. They are light side.

CIS is a neutral faction that accepts all characters and alignments. They want to promote freedom above everything. This is another faction where all characters have an option.

We can always just go minor and rebuild the faction. If we feel we can go major again at some point, we can then. What we need to do is keep up a consistent ability to post and show we are active. Not just be active when slapped with a recall notice.

[SIZE=11pt]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Alasdair Sitra"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Alessandro Waak'Tu"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Alexander Sannes"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Bazette Royalblaze"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Brad Solo"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Cal Sedaire"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Camellia Swift"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Delila Castillon"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Draco Vereen"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Dresden Verbrennung"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Elpsis kerrigan-alcori"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Fiore de Noir"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Gilamar Skirata"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Hadleigh Purkis"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="HK-36"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Jada Raxis"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="John Ash"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Joza Perl"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Kaida Taldir"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Kosu Goram"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Liliane"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Lucien Dolos"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Maria Natalja"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Matthew Calderon"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Myles Davorak"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member=”Milo Ren”][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Nima Tann"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Rashae"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Siobhan Kerrigan"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Sirius Nova"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]@taryc ap'lrae[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Tek Sidereal"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Thalia Rist"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Vaena Askari"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Vanja Del'Vaan"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Von Kyux"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Allana Badeaux"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Relina Zhan"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Songbird"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Acaleus Thorn"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Cecile Miraxus"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Cato Fett"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Tahiri Veya"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]@Chekīta Kaie[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Jyoti Nooran"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="AceReplica"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Gabriel Sionoma"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="RadioWhisper"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Cecily Demici"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Noah Corek"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Duke Heston"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Ty Ax'lah"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Minna"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Damian Starchaser"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Thom Betna"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Marina DeVoe"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Orn Pharr"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="SN-1411"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Sor-Jan Xantha"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="AD-8"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]@[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ra'a'mah[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Jim Pehico"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Mercutio"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Lord Mettallum"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Tavi Riley"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Errreembuhr"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Jaius Sovv"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Stardust Bloodstone"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Myrian Zara"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Aeshi Tillian"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Jorm Kell"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Saffron"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Pravus the Grey"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Vladimir Tedesky"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="One-Eyed Jack Varren"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="DV8-420"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]@balor stenalk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="ScottOfEarth"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Iona Immarya"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Lord Harris"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="WD-334"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Aeshi Tillian"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]@azrik[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Alexandra Russo"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Lady Virtuti"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Tycho Alde"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Owen Grimshaw"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Milo Ren"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Galen Adina"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][member="Darth Zurvan"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
[/SIZE]

GA are cool. I like GA, and I like Coren and the guys up top of GA.

SJO are SJO. They're really meh and the moment that FWC got recalled they were like "go dom all their stuff". I'd avoid them at all costs, just my opinion.

CIS? Never worked with CIS but I assume that they're pretty cool all things considered?

[member="Kei Raxis"]

Kei Raxis said:
SJO are SJO. They're really meh and the moment that FWC got recalled they were like "go dom all their stuff". I'd avoid them at all costs, just my opinion.
I think when you saw people in SJO chat discussing the possibility acquiring former FWC territory, those comments were made under the assumption that mergers with territory transfers couldn't happen after a faction was recalled. :)

Previously, we had approached the FWC for a merger when their latest recall notice was first issued because we wanted to keep the space intact for a group that we like and regularly roleplay with, though we were declined. The deal wouldn't have been unlike the arrangement the FWC had with the Metal Lords, with the latter largely maintaining their autonomy. ICIly and OOCily, the SJO is a benign group that doesn't micromanage planets within its cloud.

[member="Ra'a'mah"]

Being completely objective, I think the CIS is the best fit for the FWC if it went the merger route. Thematically speaking the CIS may be the closest to the FWC with its recent demographic shift, and the writing bases already have a fair bit of overlap. The CIS is also easily the most active neutral faction on the board with consistent activity, which I believe is one of the more important factors to consider.

Jyoti Nooran said:
those comments were made under the assumption that mergers with territory transfers couldn't happen after a faction was recalled. :)

Unless I'm mistaken, you can do that via a Diplomacy thread.

Far as I recall, that's how the FWC ended up gaining some Metal Lords territory after the latter were recalled.

I've only given what our options are and not my opinion on matters. Guess I should do that.

Personally, I would like to go minor and rebuild. Not merge with another faction. We may need to redo our theme or message. Keep some things the same. Remove what made us fail as a faction and fuel what made us a strong one. This is not the first time this has happened. I wasn't the FO when it happened before though and wasn't given the chance to lead really.

If you want to take your character/s to another faction that is major, that is just fine. I wouldn't take it personally or hold it against you from an OOC standpoint. You need to do what is best for your character.

As Siobhan pointed out, we can do diplomacy threads and pass hexes to other factions, but that doesn't so much really deal with what we want to do with the faction. Yes, FWC gained the Corellia hex from the ML in a diplomacy thread.

So going back to what I was saying and what I personally want to do. However, I'm not a dictator for an FO and won't make a decision lightly that is going to potentially change a great many things for your characters. If we choose to go minor and rebuild, it will provide me an OOC opportunity to learn how to run a faction, keep it active, my writers happy and get us back on the map when we are ready.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Well, I don't mind at all going minor and work it from there.

But if given a choice (and I'm bias as I already have an alt committed to it) it would be CIS.

:)

Edit; Must be my new dye formula, but I can't seem to vote. It won't take.

John Ash

Only by Fire do we become Ash.
My personal opinion is that yall should go minor and rebuild back up to major. As Ra said, she didn't have the time or was given the chance to fix the faction before the recall hit. She has an idea for a direction change and it would be one that would easily get yall a niche on the board. This direction she mentioned was business focused, and the board could USE a good business focused major. There is a LOT of options it offers you and you could even treat your own military as a mercenary group if you wanted to.

Anyways, I see this as the only faction that has hit a recall and can recover from it after going minor. None of the others had the rekindling activity to do it, but here lately yall have shown you can. The only reason the recall got that 2nd vote of yes was because the FWC had faced recalls in the past. The staff could justify giving the faction more chances when it just went right back to inactive after. That was due to foundational issues though and not on the members. The biggest being your lack of a niche and story, which Ra is fixing for yall. Going to minor is rough and normally a death sentence, but this is the first time I can say 100% that a faction could make it back to major after a recall and the recall was not fair.

So that is my opinion, but at the end of the day I don't have a real dog in this race outside of wanting to see yall make it back on the map. I feel that Ra is yalls best bet to do it too and you just need to give her the chance that staff didn't. At the end of the day though it is up to you as a faction to decide what you want to do and I know Ra will give it to you.

CIS is too far out for Alderaan based upon the map, and the position of Alderaan i would have to say that GA is a fit.

The survival of FWC as a faction however is not dependent upon Alderaan. The faction itself and its members who choose could go to the CIS if they choose. I already have a character in the CIS.

Either way the stories arcs I have for my characters surrounding Alderaan would continue. We can integrate stories to support the FWC move.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
I'll be writing as I am, based around Alderaan and hopefully with the queen and all the great families.

This char has been Alderaani for nearly a decade since her creation on other boards, and she'll remain as she is. If faction does go minor, she'll be there during the fall and rise again. It's what Alderaani do...survive. :)

Hmm...you know, it occurred to me that Alderaani are no different than Mandaloreans as far as having their civilization come to an almost end.
But unlike Mandalore, Alderaan was completely destroyed, making Alderaani more resilient in a way. Anywho, my point is that we Alderaani are awesome! :D

Ahem... carry on. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom