Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye For An Eye [Lords of the Fringe Invasion of Eriadu]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Eriadu City,
Nearby Tarkin Memorial Conference Center
@[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Amadalia Vyrn"] @[member="Basaba Willamina"] @[member="Masamune Tametomo"]

Rave and her Fringe fellows may have tried to convince the leaders of the planet to sway to them, but it was the people themselves the Protectorate had under their influence then.
HK was on the planet's surface, and that day had wanted he was scheduled to hold a rally for the citizens of the planet, one of those rallies he made appearances at during his free time, he did enjoyed public appearances after all. And, as @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] could have confirmed, the droid had a reputation, especially among the civilians of the Protectorate.
Why?
Because every gosh-darn mission he was sent on seemed involving him taking bunch of explosives to the chest, or almost being captured and possessed, or almost having a building crumble on him, or being left behind on an exploding space station, in order to save the civilians, prisoners, or innocent! And through the time, the stories and news of his actions has spread throughout the Protectorate, either by word of the mouth or Media, often turning into tall-tales, some still stayed true to what has happened. Either way, HK was a well-known figure in the Protectorate, especially against the common folks who could see him as a symbol of Omegas protecting them from any threats of the Outer Rim.

So, before the battle even begun, he stood behind a podium on a platform in a square nearby the Tarkin Memorial Center, a rally on open air, with a crowd of civilians, from Eriadu and other planets, in front of him, some holding banners, some singing or shouting words out to him in cheering. A mass of cameras were on him, transmitting the rally throughout the planet and Protectorate political channels.

"Greetings, citizens of Eriadu, it is a great pleasure to be here among you, on this planet, one of the Protectorate's most glorious jewels!"
He spoke loudly, his mechanic drawling voice echoing throughout the plaza, he didn't need a mic, he had one built-in. His words were followed by a roaring cheer and applause of the people there. Of course, everyone felt the planet they lived on was the most important one. Well except maybe people on Tatooine.
"It is so reassuring to come here and speak to the people me and other soldiers of the Protectorate have sworn to Protect. To see your face, to see your joy in my presence and to know that you live in peace thanks to the actions of our brave soldiers, it is what keeps me and all of our other soldiers going! It is the image of those faces that keeps us running in fields of battle, fighting against the dark hordes that await in the void of space. It is because of those faces, and knowing that we protect those who want to live in peace, live their own lives, and their children, that we have fought against the threat of Bando Gora and defeated them!"
Another cheer of the crowds was heard,
"It is because of you, and to keep your freedom, that we have fought and defeated the Sith Empire! Their evil and slavery purged from this Galaxy by the Republic and us, their Protectorate allies called to help whenever we were needed!"
A greater cheer was heard from the crowds as he emphasized the point of the Sith being defeated as well,
"And now, we still stand, your guardians, protectors, and servants! We stand as sentinels of your homes, we shall never forget our oaths, to protect you, to keep you well, to keep you happy!"
He has called out and a cheer was heard once more, he would raise his hands to the crowd
"Remember my words, my friends, you do not serve me, you do not serve the Protectorate, you do not serve the Lord Protector. It is I, it is the Protectorate, it is the Lord Protector and his Hat that are here to serve you! And we are here to guard you and your children!"

A thunderous roar was heard, applause rolled, few flowers were thrown at the stage and HK was nodding, waving, clapping with them. The speech would continue in such a fashion for a bit longer on before the Fringe forces would arrive.

And when they did, HK looked up to the skies alarmed, seeing their forces breaking atmosphere to land, unaware Rave was nearby with her group on a mission as well, Sekairo shuttle was most likely still in stealth.

He would look back to the microphone then, speaking to the crowds,
"The ships entering this atmosphere bare markings of the Lords of the Fringe. They are here unannounced and they are armed."
Worried gasps and mutterings came from the people gathered there, the cameras were on HK as he announced that, he was looking onto the crowds rather than the cameras.
"Please, gather your loved ones and head into the closest bomb shelters, hide there and do not worry."
His mask closed over his head as he got ready for a battle, the crowds began to disperse,
"I am here to Protect you."
Few hurried cheers and claps were heard, some turned and smiled before they continued on their way to the shelters. At least they knew that the droid was on their side.

Stepping from the platform he spoke up to one of the event managers.
"I want my built-in communications and vision from my photoreceptors connected to the local holo-news systems. I want to be able to make announcements to the local population through the holo-net, I want to be able to show them what I see when I see fit."
The manager simply nodded as he followed his orders, moving behind the droid,
"Yessir."

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
Basaba moved a little in The Yaim'la as she geared up. The armory fully stocked while she secured the armored plates of her Beskar'gam MK III and snapping the helmet with a hiss as the HUD came up reading the armors stealth systems. Her hands slid along the table gathering her Bes'bev and Knife before they were secured in sheaths. The twin holsters on her hips for the Ripper MK II and the Woebringer Pistol with a grin. She had more gear to secure when the ship touched down and opened letting her move to the larger stuff while the twin shoulder mounted K'uur jurkadir while the clipping of the wrist mounted Portable shield with the quick ejection of the Vibro Knucklershttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Knuckle_plate_vibro_blade to make sure they were ready and primed while her Crushgaunts clenched. She still wasn't done letting the systems settle to ready and the Kal'vod gauntlet on her right wrist with its blades. The final pieces of equipment were what she was carrying.

Her Beskad was in her hands while a Bev'kal went into her boots, at the small of her back the collapsible Tal'galar Kal. Her breath came out though while she spoke. "Get the weapon assembled." Her sisters in the ship were scrambling on the equipment as they started to try and put together a prototype rifle to use and try. No better place to go for it then in the field and Basaba went to one of the speeders where with more armaments mainly a Mythosaur Grenade Launcher Force Breaker grenades and anti-force user grenades. Her final thing to do was turn it on before heading off towards the fight.

ERIADU
DIRTSIDE
OMEGA BASE

Strider nodded in agreement with Ordo, it was a good day for someone else to die. But then again one had to be realistic about such. You live by the sword you will die by the sword and today would be no different in the odds of life or death. The old hound had beat the odds thus far, but his body sure had paid the price, his left arm and eye are not the ones he was born with let alone be of flesh and blood. The rest of his body was a montage of scars and burns telling a life story of violence and glorious savagery. It was the life he was born to, he knew nothing else and felt much better at it with Ordo at his side.

Laith and Kable had approached the two field marshals in a somewhat loose gathering of the galaxy's most dangerous Commandos. Laith had nailed it, such mixture of awesome foretold a story of the bloodletting to come and the ground will be soaked rich with the fallen....... from both sides.

"Sucuy'gar vode!" Strider welcomed the sight of them "Ready for glory?"

@[member="Ermac Laith"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Kable Detta"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Eriadu
Omega Base

Briika Tor had stuffed her medpac's as much as she could with medical supplies she'd need for the battle to come, then made her way to where Field Marshals Strider Garon and Ordo were standing along with one of the Detta brothers, the ruggedly handsome dark haired one, and another Mando merc the baar'ur didn't know.

"Elek," the golden haired young Mando'ad nodded affirmatively in response to her mentor's question coming to stand next to Kable Detta in her red beskar'gam, buy'ce clipped to her belt still; long blonde tresses braided in plaits. To say Bree was nervous was an under statement as this was her first time serving with the Ori'ramikad in full battle, but she did her best to hide it behind her pleasant demeanor the part-time barmaid back at the Oyu'baat Tapcafe in Keldabe was known for.

@[member="Ermac Laith"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Kable Detta"] @[member="Strider Garon"]

Tarkin Memorial Conference Center
Eriadu City

Standing in the northwest conference room, trying not to look unconcerned with the diplomatic talks, the Sith Lord Kentarch shook one of the hands of some planetary official. "Understand this sir, the Tarkin's and their family have always been the rightful rulers of this planet along with the other four families. What the Lords of the Fringe offers is the reestablishment of the planet's proper and legitimate government." His voice was sympathetic, but still carried a hint of an ominous tone. "The problem with the current administration, or rather the problems, is that one Eriadu is essentially being ruled by nothing more than a group of military contractors. The Omega Pyre is purely a group of mercenary thugs who extort your planet's capital and market resources to create profits for their own uses and interests first, rather than putting the interests of the citizens of this great planet first." Darth Kentarch said firmly. He took a step back so he could see several diplomats and officials rather than just the man standing in front of him. "The next problem is the fact this 'Protectorate' has used false accusations and falsified claims to assert their dominion and influence over this region of space. Has this Omega Protective group honestly given the people of Eriadu solid evidence of the Tarkin family's involvement with Bando Gora? And has this evidence been deliberated on by Eriadu's citizenry who did not have interests with the Omega Pyre? If this were even the case, should the entire family suffer the consequences of only a handful individuals?" He asked the hard questions which he believed would strike home with those loyal not just to the Tarkin's but Eriadu as well.

While politics were important, a full scale battle was waiting outside. Reaching out with the force, Darth Kentarch let his senses fully envelope the world around him. He could feel the soldiers preparing for battle, and through the metaphysical connections that was the force itself, he could sense the rising tide of emotions. Anger, hatred, fear. While the diplomatic talks were important, Darth Kentarch believed the final decision would come down to bloodshed. His gaze for a moment glanced around to those who had come with the Fringe diplomatic mission. Kentarch may have a silver tongue, but he was really here to cut to pieces any who got in the way of @[member="Rave Merrill"]. Clad in a black cloak, black composite gauntlets, black boots and armed visibly with a lightsaber he struck an imposing figure. But he opened with a mixture of assuring body language, hand shakes, well chosen words, while taking concern for the delegate's issues. This made him seem more benevolent with each passing minute.

"By joining the Fringe Confederation you will not be a subject of some bureaucratic organization, or a mercenary gang with some fancy equipment. But rather be an associate to a political union that in which you, the leaders of Eriadu, will help make important decisions on critical issues. These issues include such matters as defense, foreign affairs, economic policy, and expansion." Kentarch gazed about the room to ensure he had almost everyone's attention. "If the Fringe sees cooperation. I can guarantee Eriadu's leadership, people, and corporations will have options for colonial expansion into uninhabited worlds. I only ask that you stand with the Fringe against the Omega Protective today." He said to a rousing applause.

@[member="Briika Tor"] was sure a sight for sore eyes. Was always a treat to have creature of such beauty by your side on the field of battle. Gives you a sense of what you were fighting for. His eyes fell upon her, ravaging every inch of her armored curves. Oh how nature was cruel to let him live to such an age that now he stares at these young ladies as if he was a diabetic in a candy store.

"Olarom Brii'ika!" He acknowledged her presence with a gentle smile. Was almost a almost a gathering of family more then a briefing before battle. A thought came to mind, back in the old days Strider may have gotten away with pre battle intercourse with such a lass, but now he would have to settle with something more dignified. "How about a kiss for luck, cyar'ika? Before i put this stinken buy'ce back on and get to work"

Antillie Jenika

A
@[member="Arrbi Betna"] @[member="Dash Ardellian"]
Ardellian's wingmate, another Exalt starfighter -- nearly interceptor-fast, with two guns that punched like six -- kept a weather eye on the local air whatnot. O'reen Squadron's ships flew combat patrols over the region, warding off planetary defense fighters for the moment. They didn't have to last too long, all things considered -- just long enough for the ground team under @[member="Alen Na'Varro"] to take down the planetary shield. Well, maybe a little longer than that. One never could tell. O'reen Squadron had flown in close with the Seroth-class frigates, inside their cloaking bubbles. Those frigates were for killing command ships, but against something tough and much smaller -- something like, say, a Bes'uliik -- their usefulness was limited. That's what put O'reen Squadron on station, slim defense though they were.

"Tubby, this is Anthill." He knew who it was, on wingmate frequency, but clones all sounded the same; identifying herself was old habit. "I've got something odd on the long-range sensors. Lone fighter-sized ship, sensor readings all out of whack. I'm thinkin' it's something special or something that got really, really lost."

ERIADU, ATMOSPHERE
FRINGE MAIN CP - Forward Operating Base
@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

A scabrous hide of purest argent rumbled from a dropship. Each footfall as the denizen emerged caused the ground to quake. The whole world trembled at his approach. First came a head, long and narrow, but horned. Eyes with slitted pupils and of a yellow hue most paralyzing stared about like search lamps. Teeth as long as a forearm revealed themselves as he opened his mouth and let out a saprostomous breath. Next came his foreclaws, each of a terrifying length made to pierce armor and flesh. Sinuous muscle rippled beneath radiant white-scales. Soon followed the wings, their leathery expanses furled along his back. Next came the rear claws, thews thicker than tree trunks that rippled with sinew. A tail studded with wicked spikes swished out last.

Faenrovon the Radiant contorted, his form fully emerged from the dropship. White wings unfurled and darkened the skies. He opened his maw and fire leapt forth in a blazing river. His voice roared, more terrible than the thunder of the fiercest storm, more loud than the eruption of the largest volcano, more powerful than the greatest avalanche. The echoes of his voice resounded for miles.

"I AM FAENROVON! Who is fierce enough to rouse me? I wear rows of shields for my hide, so tightly set that no air may pass between them. My chest glitters like crystal, harder than diamond. Who can pierce my armor? Who can break my hide? Steel bends like reeds before me and your metals I break like rotten wood. Your blasters are like the chaff of wheat and I laugh at the rumbling of your tanks. My eyes are the radiance of dawn! My belly boils like a volcano's cauldron. My breath throws flashes of light as bright as the sun! Sparks, flame, and smoke roar from my maw to sear the world. Who will dare to stand before my jaws, ringed with fearsome teeth? When I unfurl my wings the mighty tremble! I am he who is without fear! Who upon this world is my equal?"

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Eriadu
Dirtside,Omega Base
Well,he knew it was going to happen eventually,the Fringe was here to take over the planet,it was understandable after what happened at Kyari. But now they were here at Eriadu in force,trying to cut the southern half of the Protectorate off and be greedy with the land,but Noah and the 5,000 soldiers of the Pyre,who had came to Eriadu for standardized training alongside the Eriaduan Defense Force,who many a member had come to trust the Pyre. "Men,I stand before you today not as a leader but as a fellow soldier in the cause. Omegans,I don't have to tell you why you fight the Fringe,but our EDF comrades might need a little reminder. They say they want what's best for you,but do you really believe that? The leaders of the Fringe are mostly made up of Dark Jedi and Sith,not to mention that the Fringe was founded by Ashin Varanin,Former Sith Empress and Spencer Jacobs,her Apprentice. Ask yourselves this,do you really think they care whether or not if you help them? NO! They will take your land and everything they promised you will just be empty promises and false words. So,who will stand with me to drive the invaders back!?" Noah asked of the men of the EDF who were currently assembled,to which they all screamed out in defiance against the Fringe,promising to fight to help the Protectorate.

Aedan Miles sat at the bridge of the freighter he had brought to this invasion so that his new partner could ride along and join him. The young man has been sitting at the edge of the system as the battle began he knew who he initially worked for this day but he had been having second thoughts about them. Now he was recalling the events of Valen and how he had been lost at the time. Now he was still lost but he knew that if he wanted to find himself that route lay with the Protectorate and possibly working with them. Standing the young man activated the shields and walked back to the large cargo bay that held the dragon @[member="Polarius"] As he stepped onto the catwalk that circled the area he looked down at the dragon. "Polarius there has been a change in plans I am sorry my friend but my past is catching up to me and if I am going to strive to and seek forgiveness for what I did. If it doesn't work out well I will let the Lord Protector of the Omega Protectorate know that you are innocent. But we will not be going into battle today at least not right away." Aedan forced a smile to the dragon before he turned making his way to the cockpit before the dragon could speak. He sealed the door and activated his com attempting to make a connection with the Starfall so that he could speak with @[member="Ayden Cater"].

If the connection was allowed Aedan would turn on his camera taking a deep breath he slowly released it and looked into it. His features were haunted by the path he had taken and it was obvious the young man had seen better days. When he spoke it was not with the same pride and honor he had held falsely held at Valen. Now it was the voice of someone who knew that he may be walking to his death but this was the path he had choose. "Lord Protector I know that you may not wish to see my face after what took place at Valen but I was not entirely myself then and I let the Sith lead me on with false lies and promises. I was lost emotionally at the time and while I know this does not forgive me of my actions I can not run from my past any longer. I am here today to beg your forgiveness for my actions and to see if you can forgive me. I am willing to come aboard your ship unarmed and alone aside from a companion who is in my cargo bay. He is a experimented upon Arkanian Dragon named Polarius I care not what you do to me but I would like to request you guarantee that he will not be harmed in anyway." Aedan fell silent as he waited for the Lord Protector of the people who had first welcomed him into the ranks would at least give him a chance to speak for himself. If not then it looked like the young man's life would end and he refused to run from it.

While he waited Aedan Miles muted his own mic and then turned on his personal communicator and sent a signal to @[member="HK-36"]. "Hey HK if you can hear me this is Miles. I am going to attempt and seek forgiveness for my actions at Valen with the Lord Protector. I am not sure if he will forgive me or not but there is an innocent being on my ship that I wish for you to keep safe after this it is an Arkanian Dragon it goes by the name of Polarius just make sure it is safe no matter what happens to me."

...there were Mandolorians coming out of the woodwork. Laith recognized the symbol of Clan Betta on the armor of those present and he'd even have seen another, more curvy warrior, make her arrival shortly thereafter. Trust in Strider to be on her straight away but Laith couldn't find any fault in him; after all a clan needed women to survive just as much as men and he'd heard that women made up some of the strongest fighters in the galaxy. Walking over towards a crate Laith would hoist himself up onto the corner and take a seat while looking between the other Mandolorians while Strider made his speeches..."Ready Field Marshall."...he'd answer while taking his Blaster Rifle and giving it one last inspection to ensure that when the time came nothing unexpected would happen. The midst of battle was not the place to have something preventable go wrong...

...there was a lot going on but Laith remained largely quiet, he'd attempt to access the Omega Protectorate comms via the hud in his helmet so that he could get a better understanding of what was occurring and which areas would present the strongest opposition. Underneath his armor Laith was a wall of muscle thanks to the Yuuzhan Vong implants that lined his body and bound themselve to him, scars from different battles painted a picture across him, but he wasn't your typical Mandolorian; no one from Clan Varad was. They all had an agenda. While he sat on that crate inspecting his weapon something caught the attention of Laith...

...he'd lift his head and listen to the speech an Officer of the Omega Protectorate had started to give his soldiers off in the near distance. Very rousing. On that note Laith would have turned back to his Blaster Rifle and lamented...
"Never was one for those types of speeches. Give me a pretty smile and a warm body to make me want to fight any day."...that and credits; well they all had their priorities.
@Ordo @Kable Detta @Strider Garon@[member="Briika Tor"]@[member="Noah Corek"]​

Polarius

P
Polarius smiled as the man had spoke to him and left, speaking even though Aedan could not hear him. "I had lived a life of unknowning and solitude, you do not need to worry Aedan Miles about me, just keep yourself safe. After all, you are an interesting human and this galaxy certainly needs that else everything would be very very boring." He looked out one of the ports best he could watching as the far off stars filled the sight he was given. It was a beautiful sight, with no sky to distort the sight before him the Galaxy was as clear as it could be and his life had been complete, and another word rang through his mind. Innocent. "Oh how that is such a misused word, Aedan..." He spoke to himself again and waited for what ever was to come. "... No one is innocent, not even a babe."

@[member="Aedan Miles"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Briika flashed a warm smile back at @[member="Strider Garon"]. The much older Mando'ad had seemingly taken her under his wing since the Enceri born young woman had arrived in the big city away from her own family. She knew he looked and thought of her in lustful ways, but it didn't bother her for they had an understanding. He was a sweet man if only the old hound dog was twenty years or so younger. Bree had in a way adopted him as a father figure, much to his grumblings.

"Anything for you, buir," the golden blonde said, stepping up on her booted tiptoes and placing a tender kiss upon his grizzled cheek, then their field medic turned and winked at the other men gathered. "Now no getting boo boos out there vode just to get kisses. I'm afraid it doesn't work that way," she quipped lightly before donning her bucket.

@Ordo @Kable Detta @[member="Ermac Laith"] @Noah Corek

FRINGE FORWARD OPERATING CP

Within minutes the makeshift CP was online, and Na'Varro and his subordinates were crowded around a series of holo displays that spelled everything out for them. Protectorate forces were mobilizing, and he knew that they had to hit those generators before more enemy ships started landing. And then there was the political side of things ... Na'Varro had no intention of letting any diplomats be taken prisoner. Thankfully, some of those diplomats were Sith Lords. That eased his mind somewhat. Now the only obstacle was making sure they didn't butcher the people they were attempting to sway and in one particular High Councilor's case, that they didn't eat them either. That would take some living down. Feth. Alen looked back at the displays. Two generators, both well-protected and in very defensible positions. Alright then.

"Both generators have two avenues of approach, and both avenues are designed to defend against an infantry assault. I want heavy weapons teams laying down a wave of destruction, which should be enough cover to get our detonation teams inside."

"Sir, we've got an unidentified bogey closing on our position."

"Let's see if O'reen Squadron can deal with it." The subordinate nodded, and Alen bent over the main display again. It looked like there was a Mando presence on Eriadu ... that meant complications-

Then there was a rumble, a crack, and the booming god-like voice of an Arkanian dragon. Despite himself, the Dark Jedi Master grinned. @[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"] was good quality. Kind of nuts, but that had its charms. And then there was the fact that he was a massive, deadly weapon of mass destruction. Alen linked with him via the Force, quickly with the inherent telepathy he was blessed with.

- Plenty of mortals for burning with dragonfire, Councilor. Generators or that bogey up in atmo, it's your call. -

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
ERIADU
APPROACHING ATMOSPHERE
FRINGE ASSAULT FIGHTER SQUADRON

@[member="Arrbi Betna"] @[member="Alen Na'Varro"] @[member="Ayden Cater"] @[member="Dash Ardellian"] @[member="Antillie Jenika"]
Bush - Machinehead: http://youtu.be/Er1bwzZCik0

Music blared inside the cockpit of his personal Besuliik fighter. This was his first assault since joining the fringe. His brown eyes scanned the planet below looking for signs of planet based fighters or other ships coming out to play.

"Fringe Fleet this is Lieutenant Ovmar checking in." He said over the music, "I am beginning my approach and should be in position to provide airsupport in 30 minites."

Gavin pushed the thrusters and he ran a last minute systems check. He was ready and soon the ground troops would have top cover.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bes'uliik

Lord Ghoul

L
Eriadu,
Omega Base

A figure in battle-scarred armor leaped impossibly high through the air. For a moment, it seemed as if he had taken flight. He landed far too lightly upon a nearby rooftop before taking another flying jump that carried him like a rocket. Traversing the city in this manner, he moved from the Fringe CP to Omega Base within a minute.

He slammed into the ground in front of a group of beskar-clad warriors. "I hate Mandos," he muttered. Honestly, the only reason he had come here in the first place was because Fringe intel had reported ridiculous amounts of Mandalorian mercenaries working for the Protectorate. And he'd been aching for a bit of nostalgia. How long had it been since Concord Dawn and Junction? He could remember the piles of beskar-clad bodies lying at his feet and shivered at the sense of pleasure it gave him. Since the collapse of the Empire he had felt so lost. Maybe ripping apart these bucket heads would give him some memory of what it was like to have a purpose. At the very least, he would enjoy killing them.

There were large clusters of Protectorate forces around the area, this was there base after all. However, it was highly likely that should all five thousand troops attempt to engage one person there would be a very high rate of friendly fire incidents that somebody would have to explain. Shorn was not too worried. That... and this was an industrial world. Thousands of buildings littered the landscape, leaving him with a thousand options to hide if it came to it.

The phrik armored Thronebreaker twinkled his fingers at the Mandos. "Yoohoo, big bad Sith Lord here."

Mikhail then ducked into a narrow alleyway and waited, senses alert, for the Mandos to follow.

@Ordo @Kable Detta @Ermac Laith @[member="Briika Tor"]
(OOC: I'll take you all on, but no NPC spamming please)

Break looked over the ships bay, his 200 droids awaiting activation before him. 70 being Cut droids and 130 being PRT-01 droids. Each armed for battle 100 of the PRT-1 being armed with the basic plasma rifle and rocket launcher along with their shield attachment, 30 being attached with the flamethrower and Trishot system along with energy shield attachment.
touching his comm piece he called out to @[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"]
"All droids are in position. Blue leader is ready for orders."

Break stood looking at his data pad awaiting the orders to activate them all. He set the datapad in its holster at his hip for a moment to get himself ready for the Battle ahead. His new armguards were soon to come in handy, Vonduun crab armor braced his forearms. Paired with his already impressive armor layout he would be tough to defeat this time even by a Jedi. Armed with his Vibroblade, sonic blaster, and plasma canon (and a bag of tricks) he was ready and awaiting his orders.

"Mmmmm, simultaneous action is not beyond my reach, Fallen One."

He stomped forward across the ground to tower over the Dark Jedi. His glistening wings folded and he looked skyward. Using the power of Force Sight, he soon located the Besu'liik fighter. Reaching out across the vast intervening distance, he preyed upon the pilot's mind. Faenrovon could not use the power these mortals called the Force in their common ways. He could neither push, nor pull, nor send forth lightning. Yet, resisting the ancient power of his two thousand year old mind would be a task that most in the galaxy would find... daunting.

The Arkanian Dragon attempted to seize control over the Mandalorian pilot's mind, probing against his mental defenses with telepathic spears. Mind trick was for the weak minded, but this was something of a different nature entirely.

@[member="Arrbi Betna"] @[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

FRINGE FORWARD OPERATING CP

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"] | @[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"]

It wasn't until Hannibal had been hired to help the Fringe sack Eriadu that he decided dreams really do come true. Finally, he could stick it to those Protectorate mooks like they stuck it to him when they kicked him off Fondor all those years ago. Kayri had been an enjoyable little squabble, but it left Hannibal wanting more. Sending that half-baked, mentally challenged pirate chick and her boyfriend running for the hills had arguably been one of the more enjoyable moments in Hannibal's life. Hopefully he would either run into that nutball again or find someone equally as amusing. Likely not. Such luck would be pushing the envelope in the wake of getting to lash out at the Omegans.

Hannibal had his usual light armor going on for him, helmet and blast-proof vest included. His gauntlets, further augmented with small energy shields just before the battle of O'reen, were ready for action as well. For weapons, the Fondorian carried a Czerka Assault Rifle with a Czerka Machine Pistol as his sidearm. Various clips for the weapons were kept in a bandoleer he had taken to wearing. Rule of cool and all that. He had a few grenades of varying types on his person, as well as his jetpack. These were all things Hannibal seldom left home without. Maybe he was a savage mercenary cyborg, but Hannibal was at least methodical and consistent. Speaking of cybernetics, Hannibal had run some diagnostics on his own augmentations prior to setting down. Everything was fully functioning.

Among the faceless soldiers loitering in the forward command post as they waited for directions was a bearded dude who smelled like bad space magic and the huge dragon Hannibal had voted for last election. Hopefully Ovmar or Solo would show up. Hannibal would've liked to see a friendly face. He had no clue who the dude with the beard was, and Faenrovon still terrified him.

Tarkin Memorial Conference Center
Eriadu City
HoloNet News broadcasting Kentarch's Speech Planet-wide.

The pen is mightier than the sword. A quote which brought the notion that a pen which represented communication, critical thinking, and peace could undo the sword, a representation of coercion and war. Darth Kentarch learned however that this was simply untrue. It was not the pen itself, but the delivery of those words in which one outdid the 'sword'. They key was passion. Passion an emotion which was important to the mantra which the Sith bared. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. As Kentarch spoke to the Eriadu delegation he used the force to inflate his own passion and draw the officials and diplomats into his own words.

"In the Fringe Confederation, we will not push such dogmas and rigid monastic rules over your peoples as other certain force religions do. Your people will not be hunted by Jedi because they wish to simply gaze upon ancient scripture written by Jen'jidai. They will not be persecuted because certain knowledge is deemed to dangerous by some council or a devoted master." With each passing word his inflection and emotion grew. The Sith Lord drew the attention of every individual he could, and influenced them not with the force, but with the delivery of his words. "Does The Omega Protectorate guarantee that its own citizens religious freedoms? Will you be taken from your home and tried for the crime of simply being curious." His words boomed across the conference hall and dripped with power. But now Kentarch added a new element, fear. "Does the Omega protective guarantee that your sons and daughters won't be drafted or conscripted, to fight some far flung war in the outer-rim? Not even for themselves, but to obligate a for profit mercenary contract, to one of its allies?" To his words people began to shake their heads and shout 'No' in response, the crowd taking his side. While he spoke a fringe aide occasionally would step over and whisper to him how the situation developed.

His speech now televised by the Holonet. Billions of people saw the address given to the Eriadu delegation. As he spoke, Kentarch made hand motions to get his points across, spreading his arms, assuring gestures, and pointing to the crowd at certain key words making his appearance even more infectious. "How does the Omega Pyre respond to the Fringe? By sending a HK series assassin droid as its own representative to the people! You would think that one of their own mercenary elite would bother to at least give a statement." In all fairness Darth Kentarch was malicious Sith Lord and killer himself, but only less then a dozen people in the known galaxy knew that. "The people of Eriadu deserve the right not to be held at gun point by for-profit military contractors. Such dirty tactics were only employed by the Sith Empire. Genociders and mass murders. Is this what you wish to become? Mercenaries to a relentlessness organization whose sole purpose is war!" Kentarch clutched his hand into a fist. "NO MORE! The people of Eriadu deserve to be free of such tyranny. Your children will no longer be swept away in a tide of total war. The Fringe stands here with you today, as your friends and liberators!"

The Sith Lord intentionally shifted focus quickly, and went off topic to keep the mob engrossed by his speech. Even though deep down, scratching at the back of his mind, was the will to fight. Kentarch remain concentrated on speaking to the delegates however. Hoping soon @[member="Rave Merrill"] would give the go to join the coming fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom