Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Expanding Assets | IGBC

Odavessa was a regal place - but Maliphant had done what he could to make the Sith Decadence architecture a bit more modern. 800 years of isolated design left it rather aged even in a galaxy where things lasted thousands of years with minimal change. His own apartment on the planet was being adjusted even now - so instead he moved to the quiet silence of his private office.​
"Taeli Raaf is here for her appointment, 'Dorian'". His AI offered him.​
Maliphant ignored the chiding comment and pressed a button to allow the private elevator access to the room. It was already renovated - gilded gold and deep marble wood accents, all intermixed with the deep obsidian of the Sith.​
"Taeli.", Maliphant offered her with a smile as he stood. Motioning to her seat across his desk, he found his seat once more.​
"A drink perhaps?"​

Odavessa seemed to be in an in between phase of its development. Much of the architecture and culture still remained firmly rooted in the Sith tradition, while other parts were starting to feel the influence of both herself and Darth Maliphant as they attempted to modernize the world in all aspects tied to their respective seats on the Dark Council.

The request for the meeting had come, and she would be remiss to hear what he might have to say before she returned to the Core. Soraya was currently wearing the Mask of Elizie while she was away, just to make sure suspicion could not fall on her identity. The elevator she was standing in was of modern design, and the office beyond wouldn't look out of place from the Senate except for the obsidian around it. She smiled in kind to her fellow Dark Councilor as she approached and took her seat.

"Dorian," she replied, a slyness coming to her smile for a moment. "I'm glad to see you're recovering well from your imprisonment. Bastion Black tea if you have it."

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

"One can hardly suffer too much at Mandalorian hands.", he said idly.​
In place of his eyes however was not black carved metal orbs - small ur-Kittat carved in immaculate microscopic detail. It was hard to tell where he was looking - but his attention was clearly on her. Without command, a small service Droid offered her the tea she requested and he began.​
"I've come to talk to you about Aurora and Spartii. Obviously both highly successful companies - Aurora one of the largest. Galactic Fortune 500 list and all that." He mused.​
"With that success, it's caught my fiscal eye."​
The irony was not lost on him - almost purposeful as he readjusted.​
"As we both know, the Trade Federation broke off of the IGBC and has severely impacted my own profitability through the NIO and GA economies. Worst still is it is poorly managed, what with the recent bankruptcy of the REC they now lack any tangible assets beyond government contracts and subsidies."​
"Even still, they prove an economic threat. The IGBC is posed to dominate the galactic economy once more after the fall of the Confederacy and the raging Hyperspace War - but that means I must expand its assets. That is why I've come to talk to you."​
"I want to buy your companies. Or rather, I want the IGBC to - bring it into the banking fold and give your alter ego a seat on the directorate council alongside Caulder Dune Caulder Dune and myself. Positioning the IGBC as the premiere fiscal entity in the galaxy is not something I should have to explain on its importance, you're smart enough to realize that yourself of course, and the IGBC may be posed to do it without Aurora - however with your assistance and own fiscal prowess, I believe our success nigh guaranteed."​
"What are your thoughts on this?"​

"They can suffer enough," she muttered, a white-hot flash of pure anger lancing through her at the thought. The Mandalorians had once cost her a child, but the perpetrators had paid... and continued to pay in the dark experiments of the Lady of Secrets. In fact, the perpetrator stood as an innocuous statue in her Senate office, forever frozen in stone for his transgression.

She accepted the tea from the droid and took a sip. At least the Imperials hadn't destroyed the tea leaves used for it yet in their zeal for war. She listened to his pitch, her smile widening as he mentioned the success of Aurora. It had taken a great deal of effort over the years to grow it into the juggernaut it was now. If only Sabrina could see what Taeli had done with the little shipyard solely based on Coruscant that had been Krayt Industries a long time ago.

She kept her counsel as she listened, nodding along as he spoke about the Trade Federation and Republic Engineering. The collapse of the Confederacy did mean a great deal of potential expansion, and with the SILK proposal coming up in the Senate, the Alliance was looking for corporations to spearhead development and integration for those worlds. She had been considering plans to bypass the Alliance's... hesitance in potentially working with a Sith led company. This could be an avenue for such, she considered.

"It is quite a tempting offer you propose, and I certainly see the appeal of trying to control the galactic economy," she said once he asked of her opinion. "You might understand my... reluctance though if such a buyout might hinder my control of operations. Perhaps you can explain that point a little more for me in what exactly the IGBC would be looking to buy and how a seat on the directorate board works."

"The IGBC works off the premise that your companies success comes from your unhindered control of its operations and distribution. Were we to interfere beyond what you'd request, we would risk upsetting current management - and more importantly, our investment into said enterprise.", he said with a simple shrug.​
"Aurora will stay yours in every practical respect. A clause will be written into the agreement that you have first rights to buy out the subsidiary in the situation of a disagreement between you and the Board. In which case, you sell your IGBC shares, buy back the company from the IGBC, and we both walk away a touch richer for the whole experience."​
"As far as the Board of Directors, once your alter ego is established a Chairmen, you will have an equal vote to other Directors in the management and control of IGBC specific enterprises. The Galactic Trade Partnership, the InterGalactic Gene Bank, the Galactic Relief Fund - et cetera. Loans, funding, economic and diplomatic efforts with governments as well - you become empowered with the full weight of the IGBC so long as you remain on the Board.", he said with a slight steeple of his fingers.​
"Payments of course are minimal for tax purposes - dividends are done through government specific pass through companies for tax benefits but most pay will come to you in the form of IGBC shares. The capital gains tax is much lower in 90% of systems that way - a simple matter of keeping your money in your pocket of course."​

"So, the agreement is more of a hybrid between a subsidiary and partnership, interesting," she said as her colleague explained the proposal. She could certainly see the appeal. Joining the IGBC and its network would mean access to that network as well, while bolstering resources for all. With SILK coming up soon, it would mean a bigger hand in shaping the development of the southern systems and possibly even influencing the Alliance itself even more.

It wasn't the dividends and money that interested her, really, it was the connections and resources.

"I'll have to arrange a suitable cover identity, as unfortunately my Senate identity is not connected to my corporations," she mused. "The curse of being so publicly attached to the companies, but certainly doable and quickly enough."

And easy enough to switch between considering her Akwursa Masks.

"We have an accord, my friend," Taeli continued, sipping her tea.

"I'm glad we could come to an agreement.", he mused.​
"I'll send a holomail with any contractual obligations to a lawyer of your choice - and I'll begin having a purchase agreement written for your companies. Oh, and a forewarning - Caulder Dune Caulder Dune has shown a prior issue with iniating Sith onto the Board, but he's been busy with his pet projects lately. Trying to make a synthetic girlfriend or something, I don't keep tabs on him - but the warning is there. He may get upset at your presence."​
He shrugged.​
"Still, no concern. I have a few more deals to make - Currently, we are working on buying out the remainder of Locke and Key, but John Locke John Locke proves a tough cookie to crack. Roble Manufacturing has doubly proven independent - Alban Roble Alban Roble enjoys his indepdendence. Believes it encourages his sales showing no corporate interests besides their own.", Maliphant said with a roll of his eyes.​
"I have an eye on other major industries and corporations, but it is slow going. With the SILK bill coming to the alliance, I hope to leverage the IGBC's heavy influence in the Confederate space to force the Senate to play ball with us. They've thus far been advisarial, often relying on government branches or the dreaded Trade Federation. Still, with the Trade Federations poor management of the REC, it may be possible to slander them into allowing the IGBC to be their go to ally in this endeavor."​
"Afterall, the largest corporations in the Galaxy have almost entirely abandoned the Alliance. Having a friend with us would be the smart move - as long as Tithe plays ball."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom