Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species EX-324 Serum Subjects

Status
Not open for further replies.
biological_virus.jpg
[SIZE=9pt]Image Source: [/SIZE]http://czen.deviantart.com/art/Biological-Virus-1555175
Name: EX-324 injected subjects
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Various, depending on species of subject
Language: Various, depending on species of subject
Average height of adults: varies, depends on the subject
Skin color: varies, depends on the subject
Hair color: varies, depends on the subject
Breathes: Type 1

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Enhanced healing factor allows the subject to recover from most superficial wounds in seconds (cannot heal from mortal wounds or missing limbs)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Enhanced strength from muscle strength being increased to allow the subject strength enough to lift over 100kg with one hand[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Metabolic system of the subject is increased to over double their original, if subject does not get enough nutrients, cells will begin to break down rapidly until death[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]If a subject is injured repeatedly within a short span of time, the healing factor will begin to slow and injuries will only half heal or not at all until they get nutrition.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Subjects who reject the serum die from rapid cellular degeneration[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Cannot be used in conjunction with Yuuzhan Vong biots or DNA as subject will expire extremely quickly[/SIZE]

Distinctions: Other than the healing and strength factors, no different than other members of the subject's species
Average Lifespan: N/A
Races: Subjects can be member of any species, except for Yuuzhan Vong
Estimated Population: N/A
Diet: Omnivore, but must consume twice as much as they used to before the serum was administered
Communication: N/A
Culture: N/A
Technology level: Current Galactic standard
General behavior: N/A

History:
[SIZE=10.5pt]http://starwarsrp.net/topic/70683-lacertilla/[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As part of a secret project greenlighted by CEO Taeli Raaf, Aurora Industries began work on developing a serum that would allow soldiers to gain enhanced strength and healing capabilities. The idea was that the serum would cut down on friendly casualties while maximizing enemy casualties as the soldiers could deal with most non-lethal injuries and obstacles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Developed under Project Lacertilla, the serum must be injected into a subject, it cannot be taken in any other way, but that is not the hard part. As part of the experience, the bioengineered genes contained in the serum must bond with a host’s cells for them to take full effect. If a subject’s body does not accept the genes, their bodies will rapidly undergo cellular degeneration resulting in death. Baseline rejection rates suggest about one in seven beings will accept the genes into their bodies. If the genes are accepted, the host will find their strength increased as the muscular power of the host is increased. Testing shows that subjects gain strength to be able to lift an average human with one hand effortlessly and hurl that weight across a room. The subject will also find that many injuries will heal within a matter of seconds, but missing limbs and mortal injuries will not heal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]However, the process of the bonding results in excruciating pain regardless of acceptance or not. The serum is also not without its downsides if accepted as the subject’s metabolism is sped up to cope with the increased healing, resulting in an increased body temperature and needing to consume twice as much sustenance as they did previously. Sustenance must be had within one hour of a healing and if sustenance is unable to be found, the subject’s cells will begin to consume themselves and the subject will begin aging rapidly until they are dust. The subject can also not have any Yuuzhan Vong biots or DNA, otherwise the serum will chain react and the subject will be reduced to a puddle of organic goo as the cells break down.[/SIZE]

Notable Player-Characters: None currently
Intent: To develop a serum to provide enhanced strength and healing capabilities to those injected with it

[SIZE=9pt]Primary Source:[/SIZE]

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Quick question.

Is this serum intended for a one time use only with permanent effects and benefits of the healing factor and strength?

Or is this intended as a emergency use field system to promote healing and strength on the go but for a limited time only?

Taeli Raaf said:
[member="Cira"]

It is meant to be a one time use to create a permanent benefit.

If you want I can add that into the sub?

Thank you.

As this deals with genetic manipulation for a one time change, I will be sending this to Codex for species review, much like the http://starwarsrp.net/topic/68499-project-kratos-super-soldiers/ project.

If it was a Field Serum with temporary effects, this would be a Factory sub. But as it is a one time perm change, it is more suited towards species. :)

Thank you for your understanding!

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Thank you, m'dear, and I'm so very sorry for keeping you waiting.

Now, for your editing pleasure, could I please have a time frame within which the subject must take in nutrients after healing has taken place? Enhanced strength is one matter, and is assumed to be to exhaustion, but the knitting of flesh takes energy from the body no matter how it was accomplished, which would cause a deficit for the subject, in my mind, as you're making the body do faster what it would otherwise take more time to do under normal circumstances for a species that wasn't created that way.

Also, could I have a rejection rate on a baseline of the average human? That would be lovely.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Beautiful. Now, given that this serum isn't trying to accomplish anything unreasonable - a bit of enhanced strength and healing isn't going to get anyone's panties in a twist - there's nothing else I can see that needs tweaking. So with that, this submission is marked pending approval and is passed on to one of [member="Valiens Nantaris"] or [member="Lorelei Darke"].

Thank you so much for your patience!

[member="Taeli Raaf"]
I really like this, and was about to pass it with the standard ‘abuse and suffer’ proviso, but I don’t feel there’s enough of a weakness here. Having to eat more is a good weakness, but the other two are situational and unlikely to happen in RP.

Can you give me another weakness to balance out increased healing and strength? Nothing too extreme, but something to balance.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Added in a weakness that if a subject is repeatedly injured in a short span of time, the healing factor will be slower and wounds won't heal completely until they have time to get nutrients

Is that okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom