Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everybody Have Fun Tonight

Being one of the many organics involved within the Metal Lords, Ra'a'mah had noticed a decided lack of anything really offered for them. At least in terms of celebrations and even food offerings, things lacked for the organic people within their sphere. It wasn't all that surprising to her, but something she felt the need to do something about.

She had sent word around to some of her contacts to send cooks and chefs her way to work out the details of what she wanted. After speaking with them and working on a deal they could all agree on, all of them went about the work ahead of them in putting this pizza party on.

Location was the next choice she needed to make. Denon was their capital so she decided to have it there. Choosing to have it in space bizarre there would be the most room to be had. Arranging went smoothly and invitations were sent to the Metal Lords and all the organics within the faction. A small amount of invitations were also sent out to others. Since this location was an open one, Ra expected more than who was actually invited to join.

Setting out decorations was something she wasn't sure about though and decided to keep things simple. Not going to be hosting a huge ball or anything formal, the decorations were more in line with what would be expected of a company party. A little flash of color, but nothing extreme or flamboyant.

She now waited on the arrival of the guests she invited and anybody else that would come.

(This is a fun topic. Meant to bring activity between people, the Metal Lords and various factions. Please keep things civil and nice. If any violence is going to happen, please leave it out of the topic. Thank you for taking a look at this and please jump in!)

Mark's knife cut through a mountain of fresh ingredients with practised ease. Having been on the Space Bazaar already conducting a little business of his own, manning the kitchen came with far less travel time than most of the others who would be working with him. The downside? It meant he was first in the kitchen to begin preparation. Preparation, for a chef? It meant a lot of cleaning, peeling, and chopping. It was where artistry was left at the door and efficiency was paramount.

"What are these..." he asked with curiosity as he sliced open a fruit he didn't recognise, something vaguely reminiscent of a tomato, for a taste. He promptly spat it straight back out. Far too bitter.

Must be a local delicacy. What was the bet it'd be seen as a great insult to someone if they weren't used for the pizzas? Often that was how these things worked. Part chef, part politician. They could go on the "Hot N' Spicy" option. Hopefully the intense heat would cover up the poor flavour enough that they wouldn't get any complaints. Besides, maybe their flavour improved when they were cooked. Miracles do happen sometimes, right?

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
HK caught the wind of @Ra'a'mah's plan, of course, since Denon was more or less where the core of his influence over the Droid Space was, not to mention being the capital world of the Metal Lords and their dominions. The ancient droid was in full support of her little project, being in support of strengthening the droid-organic relations, to the point that other machines sometimes spread rumors behind his back about HK secretly bedding and having various relations with organics in secret, whether those rumors were or were not true the droid would volunteer the space station he granted as gift to the Denon's government, a large and opulent Space Bazaar hanging in its orbit, the place where the droid and [member="Mark Cross"] first met in.

While Ra got everything set up and her guests begun to arrive in the main hall, the droid would pop into the kitchen where Mark was currently working,

"How are you doing in here?"

The droid would ask as the autodoor opened and he forced his tall slender presence into the kitchen, probably moving his way through various cooks, servers, and chefs, most of whom were probably droids and drones that Mark would have to coordinate and whip into shape to make anything decent, lacking ability to taste the droids and other machines followed instructions well, but were notoriously bad at making anything that required them to stray from recipe, adding another layer to the man's responsibility.

To make things worse he had HK to worry about now, and of course the machine insisted on wearing his usual set of armor into the kitchen, being a Von-shaped suit it of course looked very organic, like burned gooey black flesh with chitinous plates, making it an especially unappetizing outfit to wear around food being prepared, not to mention the heavy cascading black cloak that trailed behind him, most likely almost flying its way into various piles of dough, vegetables, or open pots of soup and sauce,

"I hope you will not khark this up, I am very much tired of hearing rumors about how I would only organize events like these to poison organics."

Thankfully the machine was not the one organizing it, he may have donated some resources to get the shindig together but Ra was the brains behind the operation,
"What is this some sort of large, silly, round sandwich?"

The droid would ask, seeing the pizza Cross was working on, reaching out to poke it with his long spindly fingers unless stopped.

It was strange. She wasn’t used to these new improvements, but she could still eat and had the fun portions. So as far as she was concerned, she could still eat. Which itself was strange, for food was something that moat denziens didn’t need. Not even those of her own kingdom had much in the way of food needs. Many were droids, with a smattering of cyborgs like herself, and an even smaller amount of total organic.

Even that was a strange thought. She had been here long enough to start thinking like them. She gave a nod to Ra as she entered.

“Thanks for hosting. Not often we have food at our events.” She quirked a smile. “Usually just lots of chargers.”

Lord Mettallum

A really buffed Metal Lord
Lord Mettallum had come to relax and attempt friendly communication with organics which he normally failed at. Lord Mettallum of course didn't come alone and had brought his guards and a few troops but they were not here to protect but instead here to have a good time also and incase Lord Mettallum failed to communicate with organics he still would have people to communicate with.

Lord Mettallum was a somewhat lucky droid with special devices that allow him to technically taste food but being a droid even with taste bugs means he doesn't dislike the tastes of certain food and he mostly has to keep consumption limited as he does not have a digestive system and would have to do some cleaning once the party finished. For now Lord Mettallum decided he will attempt communication with the organic who organised this event.

"Exile's Merchant I Lord Mettallum must thank you for inviting me to this fine event. If you don't mind me asking will their be any entertainment happening soon?"

[member="Aeshi Tillian"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Mark Cross"] @Ra'a'mah

Mark looked up from his station to witness the approach of [member="HK-36"] from afar. It was understandable that a droid (unless programmed for that specific function) probably wouldn't know the first thing about how to behave in a kitchen. Or what to wear in one. Or how to move in one. It was a disaster, and would probably mean he'd have to go through and dump some food that may or may not have been contaminated.

"Everything's under control!" Mark announced proudly. *was* under control anyway, he chose not to add. For the time being, he'd kept the non-organics assigned to him on the simple tasks that required very little flair or creativity, leaving that instead to the cooks that had flown in from far and wide for this particular event. It wouldn't always be that way, but it was a work in progress he could save for a time where the occasion carried a lot less weight. It would be no small feat, turning artistry into programming and algorithms, but he was sure not impossible, and it would be an enjoyable project to turn the kitchen into a well-oiled machine.

"That...is a pizza...a dish that has truly stood the test of time amongst my kind..." The human holds up a hand to block the rapidly approaching fingers. "Wait, before you touch anything, have you washed your hands?" he asked, managing, just about, to hold back a smirk.

HK-36

[member="Mark Cross"],

"Does not make it any less of a round sandwich."

The machine mused in a quip after Mark's description of a pizza and its reputation among humans, for pizza truly was a baked open-face sandwich, since it was just cheese and crap on bread,

"And obviously not."

The droid replied at Mark's question, although he did slow down and stopped before touching the pizza to look at him,

"I am the peak of efficiency personified, I do not require as much maintenance as other machines or you organics, therefore I only take oil baths to celebrate my contribution to great galactic events, such as the battle with those Shard forces, the Concussion or whatever they were called,"

HK explained with a wave and fancy twirl of his hand, the event he was referring to was of course the Incursion sometimes called the Contingency in which he lead Metal Lords forces as part of the alliance of the willing to strike against the sudden enemy that threatened the whole Galaxy with something, their plan wasn't exactly clear,

"Besides, water just makes this armor congeal more, I do take golden grease showers sometimes, however."

The ancient machine explained as he motioned over his torso, covered in that grotesque black flesh-like armor with thick chitinous shell-like protective plates arranged in a strategic design to shield his vital areas.

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Parties? Kerx wasn't all that much into them, but showed up nonetheless. He wanted to greet his friend, @Ra'a'mah after a long time of separation. Yet again, he would have to ask again how she was doing and all of that good stuff. When he entered in on the event, Kerx gave a nod towards Ra. There was a woman and droid already talking to her, so the bounty hunter waited for that conversation to conclude.

He walked around and noticed almost immediately that a lot of the guests were droids. Apart from the droids, the bounty hunter could also see cyborgs and the like with only a small number of actual people here. To him, it felt a bit more relaxing considering that he had numerous cybernetic implants protruding from his natural human body. He flexed his cybernetic hand as he looked around once more. He crossed his arms and decided not to be that noticeable at the event. He laid his back against the wall and observed everything and everyone closer.

[member="HK-36"] | [member="Mark Cross"] | [member="Lord Mettallum"] | [member="Aeshi Tillian"] | @Ra'a'mah

Charles didn't know why he had decided to attend this party, especially for a faction he had never really been involved with. He was here now, and it would be even more awkward. So Charles did his best to blend in. Of course, it was difficult to do so when the majority of attendants were inorganic. He knew almost nobody here, which made conversation even harder.

Then Charles saw someone he recognized. He couldn't remember from where, but he recognized her. Several people were already speaking to her, so charles decided to wait untip that conversation ended to approach her.

[member="Kerx Zyron"]
[member="HK-36"]
[member="Mark Cross"]
[member="Lord Mettallum"]

As organics and droids started arriving, Ra did her best to be a proper hostess and greet as many as she could personally. Her fear of robots and droids were still there, but over the course of time, she had learned to control it. Other than her own personal crew of droids, the only Metal Lord she had ever actually met had been HK. So when others started approaching her, she turned her attention to them.

With a polite nod, she greeted Mettallum and Aeshi. What he called HK, she found curious though.

"Why do you call him an Exile? Thank you for accepting the invitation to come, Lord Mettallum. What do you consider entertainment?"

She was quite serious and interested in his answer to both questions and after asking them, she gave Aeshi a humorous smile at the comment she made.

"We've not been introduced before, I'm Ra'a'mah Numare."

Glancing around the room, the entrance of two people caught her attention. One of them she had met several years ago, right after she had lost a dear friend and father figure. At the lowest part of her life and he had been one of the only people to notice her. In a way it left her in his debt, maybe this party would provide an opportunity for them to catch up.

The other person was one she had met at a cusp of her life. Once before she had learned of her childhood and once again after. Kerx was one of the few that knew who and what she was. Still conversing with Mettallum and Aeshi, Ra was unable to greet them yet, but noticed where each of them had gone.

[member="Charles Bellmont"] [member="Kerx Zyron"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Mark Cross"] [member="Lord Mettallum"] [member="Aeshi Tillian"]

Jasmine knew her decision to leave her droid bodyguards back in the ship was the best idea. Upon landing on the planet of Denon, she had seen nearly zero other organics, and no doubt her droids, slave to her command, would not go well with the local population, especially not with the higher ups she was to meet at the party she had been invited to. Although she frequently surrounded herself with droids, and droids only, it still felt odd seeing all these droids in this public place, moving about their business like organics. Such was not the case in the Confederacy, but she refrained from commenting on that aloud. She was an open target to any droid who pleased, so she didn't dare make her chances worse by openly speaking such offensive language to them.

She breathed a small breath of relief when she arrived at the party, finally seeing someone she recognized. Ra stood out like a sore thumb to Jasmine, she might not be able to fight or even run worth a damn, but she sure had good eyes. Jasmine waddled her way towards Ra, pushing through others as she didn't really care to be polite. Finally, reaching her, she spoke like an old friend despite her and Ra's relatively small amount of time spent together, "Ra'a'mah! I'm so glad to see you. How have you been since those trade deal negotiations?"

As tempting as it was to thank HK for his life story at this point, Mark held it back. He came across as perhaps a little too casual around superiors and his employers, but that would be bordering on rude. Besides, had he not been in a kitchen, where he preferred to be all business as much as possible, he'd love to pick the Droid's cybernetic brain, and learn more of the many things he'd seen and experienced. A job for another time perhaps.

"This is where the magic happens..."

Mark picked a handful of herbs, rolling them up and chopping them very finely, before sprinkling them liberally over the top of the pizza. The whole process took a few seconds, a well practiced art. With one swift movement he picks up the paddle and slides it into the oven next to him, shutting the door behind him. It would be no small feat, but he was hand-finishing every pizza before it went in the oven. No expense spared, and no lack of human love in a single one.

His eyes narrowed to the armor. "It congeals? We might...have to discuss a ban on that in food preparation areas...what even is it!?!" He reaches for another prepared base and begins to apply toppings.

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Mark Cross"],

The droid watched intently as Mark scooped up an uncooked pizza and gracefully placed it into a ready oven, sliding it in smoothly, looking back to the Chef afterwards,

"You and I have very different definitions of what magic is."

HK quipped before looking down at his fleshy black gross suit when mark asked about it,

"This is a Vong-shaped Armored Biot, it is a creature bred specifically to disrupt the Force, as long as it covers me I will not be affected by Force spells, and the armored plates arranged over it are resistant to blows from lightsabers."

The droid explained before looking back to Mark,

"Plus it drives Vong nuts whenever they see me wearing it, they are a gross race of chit-heads who consider all mechanical technology to be heretical and worship hedonistic sadism, so they breed these genetically altered creatures to serve them as suits of armor, or weapons, or even ships. The idea that a droid would use their technology so intimately as I do can make them froth from their mouths in anger."

“Agreed...what I do isn’t telekinesis, but it can blow a human’s tiny mind...”

That was pretty sharp, by his standards. He wondered if the humour would be lost on the droid.

“It’s a creature!?!” He turned to inspect it closer for a second. He didn’t know that was even a ‘thing’ but clearly it was. “I’m guessing they’re not sentient? If they use those things for ships I don’t think I’d want to fly in something with a mind of its own”

Fortunately, the only dangers Mark had been facing lately was the odd flying plate. He wouldn’t have to make a similar purchase anytime soon.”

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Mark Cross"],

"Yeah but so can card tricks, or the fact that I can survive beheading, for some reason organics always try to go for my head even though it pretty much only slightly slows me down in combat."

The droid pointed out in a quip, when Mark asked whether his suit was alive or not the machine looked down at the fleshy layer covering him, smoothing his hands over it,

"Well the ships they use are mostly some species or coral or like these weird tumor monsters, I do not think it is sentient though, my suit is like this type of fungus or mold that will not release any spores or something. Although I should not make any assumptions,"

HK would look back to Mark,

"In Droid Space we have this moon on which one planet used to send bodies of plague victims, basically one huge orbital moon-graveyard. There was a species of lichen native to that moon, but the problem was it used to try and feed on the bodies they buried there since they were the biggest source of nutrients on the whole planet so they started to cut and trim the lichen to stop it from desecrating their tombs. This went on for centuries as the tombs expanded, until finally they open one of the old tombs for renovations and they find the corpses up right, shambling towards them. This was at the planet was within Metal Lord territory so these scared peasants summon us and we send an expedition down to either purge it from undead filth or see what is going on. Turns out the lichen functions as one big organism, lung, heart, and more importantly brain, so the longer it grew the more intelligent it became. On the surface because the caretakers trimmed and cut it, it was not allowed to developed, but within the tombs it grew enough to without anyone noticing to become sentient and then these sentient lichen wrapped themselves around the corpses they had access to and used them like puppets to carry them around."

The droid reminiscent to Mark, telling him the story about Lyhrons,

"Either way, we have several colonies of them now in Droid Space and provided the lichen with metal skeletal bodies so they would not use just corpses to move around."

Exiled Count of House Teraan (Alderaan)
[member="HK-36"] , [member="Ra'a'mah"] , [member="Marina DeVoe"] & co.

It had been if anything a trying day with most of it having been taken up with dealing with smoothing out or try to mediate between organics and metal lord kins. As slowly but surely the makings of the embassy which was gifted to them from the last meet and assign to him to completed had finally about done. With a few finish touches yet to be added when the invitation came at to his attention in regards which at best peak his interest. Giving no other indication that it was if anything seems just a simple social gathering. Suit him just fine at the time being that once the day was over him along with bit help from Ja'rrod decided to take the day off.

And skip out of having to go back to Alderaan just for the day and head off to this gathering... the pizza party as it toted its self to be and or once if only for a moment kick back. And have bit normal fun for a change...as he changes from wearing his usual official garb to something a bit more civilian in manner. Figuring that it could hopefully help free him from having to deal with being Count Teraan for a day and be well ... just Andulf.

Jim was fashionably late, as always. He stepped out of his freighter in his regular clothes, the invite said not to wear anything too fancy. Jim hadn’t seen Ra since Naboo, still remembering the look in her eye as they enjoyed their picnic. He told R2-3Z to fly off to a port and refuel until he was done. 3Z beeped as Jim walked off the ramp. Ra had gotten involved with a group of Technomancers known as the Metal Lords. Besides that Jim doesn’t know much about the group and is slightly wary but he knows Ra. Ra wouldn’t put him in danger. Denon reminded Marl a lot of coruscant with them both being entirely city covered worlds. Jim walked into the party and noticed that there were nearly zero organics, the party itself was mostly cyborgs and droids. Not typically Jim’s crowd, but there certainly was some interesting characters at the party. He walked around looking for a bar, with the lack of organics, there wasn’t much need for a big open bar. Jim eventually gave up and took out his flask. He decided to go find the hostess. It had been far too long since he had seen Ra.

@Ra'a'mah

More and more started to arrive at the party she had put together. As both strangers she didn't know and others she had not seen for a while walked in, Jasmine walked up to her with a friendly and familiar approach. Returning the greeting, Ra would step back after to maintain both a professional and personal space between them.

It wasn't she disliked Jasmine or anything, but it was sometimes difficult for her to get out of the business mind setting and just be able to relax. If the truth was known, she probably wouldn't even be here. Normally speaking, she was a lone wolf and lived on her own. Everything she had accomplished in her life, she had done so on her own and through her own work.

Worked within the Dominion, the Sith Empire and now the Metal Lords. Two of those groups were in her past and Ra now focused only on the Metal Lords. With the various functions she had attended, this one was hers. So would do her best to have the fun she asked others to while here.

"Welcome, Jasmine. How have you been? Personally, I've been well. As you can see, I've decided to throw a party for the organics that are often forgotten about by the droids we with. Please, help yourself to food. That is what it is here for."

Excusing herself from Aeshi and Mettallum, Ra would attempt to guide Jasmine over to one of the tables set up with various pizzas.

"Please, get comfortable. There are a few others I would like to say hello to."

Hoping Jasmine would at least pretend to enjoy the conversation of the others around her, she made a move to leave her and greet some of the others. After she separated herself from the other woman, that left her open to approach probably one person she least expected to ever see again.

Charles had met her many years ago and played a small, but very important part in her life. She walked up to him, no longer the tear stained face of a young and brokenhearted woman. In front of him now stood a woman that had grown in confidence and power.

"Charles, it has been far too long since we met. How have you been?"

Charles now realized who the woman he recognized was. The last he saw her was at a small resturant, and she had been a crushed, hopeless girl at the time. Charles was almost proud at how far she had come since then.

"Ra? It has been far too long. I've been fine."

Charles relaxed, Ra was someone he could talk to, and with how long it had been since they had met, a conversation between them may very well last the whole night.

"How have you been?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom