Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every Day a Little Death | First Order Dominion of Taloraan Hex

Valessia Brentioch

V
Post 6

Valessia sat for a moment, her eyes surveyed the room - took in the ornate details. As she rose to her feet the Brentaalan gave [member="Gunther Creed"]'s forearm a squeeze, "I'll be back, I recognise a friend or two in the crowd. I won't be long," she reassured him giving the Epicanthix a peck on the cheek. The former Ambassador stayed her hand when a waiter asked her if she'd like a sip of champagne, instead she asked for water and made her way to [member="Jude [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT='lucida sans unicode'][SIZE=14px]Falkrowe"] and [member="Kuril [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT='lucida sans unicode'][SIZE=14px]Vehn"], she arrived just in time to hear Captain Vehn (if she had heard the announcement correctly) speak to the man. She'd only briefly met with the former of the two gentlemen at a banquet just after Castameer. "Excuse me," her voice indicative of her core world home. "If I'm not mistaken, you were at the Banquet between the Commonwealth and the First Order, and you are Captain Vehn. Lady Brentioch," she introduced herself more formally while they all waited for the ceremonies to begin.

Post Three.
Kayri III.

They moved into the depths of the cavern at a quick pace, many of the Massassi Warriors carrying portable mining cannons and other forms of hammers and pickaxes, fit for their gargantuan size as they went in. The zuguruks themselves guided along hovercarts, and Vraukt oversaw it all.

Vraukt headed inside, crimson orbs watching as his men got into position.

Lord Drakash's Purebloods worked quickly and efficiently the young Pureblood knew. It wasn't the first mission he had been on with these Sith. One other that he had ventured on was when the Sith had hunted down stolen slaves from their very own establishments, some had been present when cleansing the Korriban Academy, and on Yavin IV as well.

The sound was deafening however, and he heard little other than the grunts as metal met rock.

Mishel Kryze

M
Post 7

Mishel had finally made it to the Estate, got the shuttle round back - because, hello peasant. Or so she was called when she first began this 'internship,' or as she liked to call it. How to keep the girl in line, teach her how to be a proper lady and not make a mockery of herself (or the Ren). And of course, because she was running late, this meant scrolling through blueprints and other data of the Estate. The vat-grown Ren was not used to things like this at all and was learning as she went. Her ears picked up on the accents nearby and feared to speak, it'd be obvious that she had an off-balanced Avalonian accent at best - worst she sounded like some Outer Rim woman who didn't know what to do with herself. The latter perhaps being truer than the former, as she approached the 'back' door as it were she introduced herself to whoever may have opened the door or greeted her or, what have you. "Mishel Kerrigan I am an aide to her leadership the Grand Moff, and I um, I need to get in if I may."

[member="Lydia Finn-Camden"]

Ishana Pavanos

I
Post 8

Ishana had to find a way to hide the Blue Star in a rather middle-class port and then take a not-so-wallet-friendly ride here. To the Grand Vizier's Estate, "uh Lieutenant Ishana Pavanos of the First Order." She whispered to the man at the door and patiently made her way through the throng of guests that were now heading inside. She adjusted her dress uniform, a solid black outfit with the red and blue pips of her rank and the single cylinder on her left facing her arm. High boots, black hat and gloves made up the rest of the outfit. "Oh, I'm Kaalia Voldaren's plus one," she added when asked who she was with by someone inside the estate. After being properly checked in, she squeezed her way through the crowd. Kark her for being late she thought, it was bad enough for tardiness since this was as public as they were going to get as a couple. The Balmorran ran into her share of redheads as she searched what limited areas she could access until she came across her redhead. "Miss me?" Ishana asked as she gave [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] a wink.

Kaalia had made her way to the rest of the guests after she had given off her coat and umbrella to the man who had greeted her at the door, now slowly getting used to the environment that was the estate. A server carrying a plate with glasses of champagne passed by and offered her one, which she gladly accepted. She took a glance around the crowd looking for anyone she recognized, but to no avail. The person she hoped to see in particular was Ishana, who she had assigned as her plus one for the evening, but her expectations were low. The redhead didn't peg the pilot for being someone who attended events like this. The chance of her showing up wasn't very high either-

"Miss me?"

The Kro Varian would've recognized that voice anywhere. Her heart skipped a beat and a smile was plastered on her face before realizing where she was and recomposed herself. She turned around to the source of the voice to find the brunette, her brunette, a sight she would never be able to get tired of, winking at her. "I miss you whenever you're not with me, miala." It was a word her memories had dredged up back when she was not even three years old. Her father used the word miala whenever he talked to her mother, the only memory she had of her homeworld of Kro Var. It was used by one to refer to someone who they loved the most and Kaalia found herself calling Ishana miala without thinking about it.

Kaalia looked over the Balmorran, taking in the dress uniform she was wearing. "You look great." She had never seen the pilot in anything formal before, but she would've been lying if she said she didn't enjoy the view.

[member="Ishana Pavanos"]

Ishana Pavanos

I
"So do you," Ishana replied with a soft tone as she linked arms with the younger woman, "y'know I'm starting to get used the whole miala thing." And the smile on the Balmorran's face grew, and then she glanced around them to all the stuffed coats and people. The pilot exhaled and grabbed a flute of champagne from a roaming tray and took a sip, then she made a face. To help hide it she buried her face in Kaalia's shoulder. "I'm not sure if the champagne is worse than the traffic getting over here. You sure we can't find a place for something... better?" Standing up straight Ishana placed the flute back on a tray and shuddered, she pulled her uniform down and dusted it off. "Took me longer to find this thing, and I forgot how hot it is in this, there is like no air conditioning in this."

And as everything slowed down for a moment she realised this outed them, in a far more official capacity. She could pretend that they weren't a couple but now that would seem a little silly, and she could just say for today we could not. That also seemed a bit silly, and so she slipped her hand into the Kro Varian woman's hand and smiled brightly to a dignitary or fellow officer. Well, this was it, no turning back now Pavanos. Holding her hand at a big event like this? It was like the redhead gave her some secret love potion, and it was slowly turning her - and as she looked at Kaalia again. "How was your evening?" God, you're terrible at this... she thought to herself, "I mean, I hope it was better than mine?"

[member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

Post 9

Kaalia smiled for more reasons than just one. The obvious reason was the fact that the one who had stolen her heart had linked arms with her, the only reason she wasn't showing that to the public was the setting calling for professionalism, and the other reason was that she realized this was the first time the two had outed themselves as a couple in public. In her mind it gave what the two had an extra sense of realness in a way. Making that realization made her heart skip another beat. "I am glad you are. The word means a lot to me, and the meaning of it even more so. I am the luckiest person on the planet just because I have the privilege of calling you that."

She finally took a sip of the champagne she had taken earlier, and found it to be quite enjoyable. She would have preferred a nice Corellian brandy, a drink she had been introduced to by her close friend Ara, but it did not seem to be the proper event for such a beverage. Ishana however seemed to not be a fan of the bubbly liquid as she made a funny face and immediately pressed her head into the redhead's shoulder. A slightly embarrassed chuckle escaped her lips and she looked around for a moment to see a few people had noticed. Luckily there weren't too many who saw the pilot's reaction to the taste of the champagne, and the ones who did seemed to move on from it quite quickly. "I am here in an official capacity, I'm afraid. I cannot simply leave." There was a lightning-quick flash of a grin before she continued. "However, when this event has been wrapped up I will be more than happy to accompany you to a venue of your choice." Her choice of words and tone had morphed into something professional and official to fit the setting, but people who knew her well would easily read through the lines and understand what she truly meant.

It seemed the pilot's round of complaints were not yet over, however. Slowly Kaalia could feel that she was slightly nervous, which came to no surprise to her. Ishana really wasn't the type for formal events like this, which made Kaalia appreciate her presence even more. The Kro Varian wondered if she had come especially for her, smiling internally at the thought. "I was about to suggest you wear it more often." She would have been lying if she claimed she didn't enjoy the sight of the Balmorran in the dress uniform.

When she felt the brunette's hand take hers there was no interjection, instead she aided the gesture. She saw Ishana smile at an officer and she herself nodded respectfully, a slight smile on her face forming as well. A rush of excitement went through her system at the thought, knowing their relationship was out for the world to see. "Apart from the dreary weather my day has been rather fine, actually." She took a modest sip of her glass to break her sentence in two. "Although I must admit that I am not entirely used to settings such as this." The statement wasn't entirely untrue, and was aimed at calming down Ishana slightly. Kaalia once again looked over the pilot and thought to herself that she was one of the luckiest people in the galaxy, a statement that had popped into her mind many times before.

Post 4

Post Four.
Kayri III.

Vraukt's attention was drawn away and to the front of the cave. In his ear was a commlink, and his heasd turned to the side as he glanced over his shoulder to watch the Massassi at work. It was too loud. There were words coming over the line, in Sith'ese, he jogged away from the working Purebloods.

The further away he got, the clearer the voice became.

"We're under attack!"

The sound of a blaster bolt came over the line, and Vraukt pointed to two Massassi who were close by and he ran back the way they had entered the cave.

So soon? Had the Order come already?

Progflaw99

--- --- ---​
Grand Visier's Estate - The Approach
Post 6
--- --- ---

The starfighter jockey thought on that for a moment, his eyes peering outward through the almost torrential downpour that had begun. The woman had a point, the interior of a TIE fighter left much do be desired in the way of space, though in a way it was as if you had all the space in the universe.

"Oh sure, I suppose it gets a little tight, but you have the whole of space around you - doesn't feel so cramped then."
As the two sat in momentary silence, broken only by the sudden buffeting of the wind, turbulence jostling the small shuttle around. Nils himself reached out, finding his arm nearly grappled by the shuttle's other occupant. A nervous smile spread itself across his features, his own stance relaxing once the short bit of turbulence had passed.

"Don't worry about it - caught me a bit off guard as well."
He mentally kicked himself for that. If there was one thing about Nils, it was that he didn't get nervous. Like a switch, his brain would shut off all internal strife for the moment, enabling him to react to everything in order of importance. The pilot glanced once more out the small viewport, a jagged bolt of electricity flashed across the clouds followed by a tremendous crash.

Turning his attention back to Madlyn, he listened - genuinely interested about her work. Behind the flight controls of a TIE, your perspective tended to be quite limited. Numbers, calculations, risk assessments - after a while it began to grind on you, never really knowing what you were fighting for. Hearing about the back end work that he and his comrades were supporting, working on - it was helpful to keep one grounded. As their shuttle banked and flared - the Grand Visier's mansion came into view. It was an interesting sight, almost reminded the TIE Ace of Dosuun. It had been almost six months since he'd seen the capital of the First Order - his missions carried him far and wide, rarely back home.

As she playfully joked he grinned. He certainly had no qualms with sharing an umbrella - in fact he wagered he wouldn't have minded fully surrendering it had the need arisen.

"So we are! And I wouldn't have it any other way, hold on a second!" Quickly opening the door on his side, he dodged quickly around the shuttle as he opened the umbrella. Rain battered down but he ignored the quickly dampening trouser legs, gently opening the door for Madlyn. "Ladies first!" he said, extending the umbrella above the door.

[member="Madlyn Sol"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Grand Visier's Estate
Arrival, finally and in one piece!
w/[member="Nils Brenner"]
(4)
___

The Eriaduan loved a good thunderstorm, watching that is, but not while she was in a small shuttlecraft flying through the air. Madlyn was thankful that she seemingly wasn't the only one a bit bothered by the rather harsh turbulence.

"Well if you're not worried, then I won't be either," Mads returned with a small smile gracing her relieved face, then she took a couple of deep breathes to settle herself.

After the shuttle pilot set the craft down on the landing pad, Nils jumped out on his side and quickly came around to hers with the umbrella. He opened the door very gentlemanly like. Madlyn stepped out with a warm smiled upon her face. "Why thank you, kind sir," the redhead replied, blue eyes etched with mirth, then the diplomat and pilot quickly made their way up the long path to the estate sharing the umbrella as the rain continued to come down like cats and dogs.

As they came to the front door, the lightning and thunder seemed to become more eerie by the moment giving a dark and creepy glow to the building. It really made her start to think of a holofilm she'd seen - a mystery thriller. It sent chills down her spine just thinking about it, or was it the cool wind that flew up her skirt as the long-legged counsellor's trench coat flapped in the heavy breeze suddenly swirled around the two as they stood.

"I know it's cliché to say, but I have a bad feeling about this," she quipped with a soft chuckle as the door chime was activated.

Ishana Pavanos

I
Post 10

"Well," Ishana could only muster as she listened to Kaalia speak. She didn't have anything to say in return, she was flattered. Warm bubbly feelings cropped up and she remembered where she was. A stuffy, overcoat party that meant she had to behave if she wanted to prove that she was more than capable of obtaining the rank of Captain. Her brows were lifted the moment Kaalia mentioned being here on an official duty. Official? Almost made Ishana wonder what that was, and it occurred to her she never asked. "You in government?" It was a question and not it really mattered to the Balmorran what her uh, girlfriend, did. "I mean, I don't um, well whatever it is you do when you're not with me. I hope it keeps you happy." She added awkwardly.

Kaalia managed to illicit a soft chuckle from Ishana when she mentioned about the after-hours affairs. "I've got the Blue Star parked in Midtown, we'll just head there if that's alright?" Her voice was low and warm, and then an even louder chuckle. One that the woman had to muffle with her sleeve. "Um, well, I mean I'm sure if I got this dry cleaned it would be more comfortable?" It was a suggestion because, if it meant that Kaalia found it attractive of course she'd keep the information in the back of her mind. Still, it was itchy and it was hot and as she smiled and waved to those in attendance. "Yeah neither am I, I normally miss things like this on purpose. Nothin' but a bun- well I mean, it's just um, not for me."

[member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

Post 5

Watching Ishana's reaction to telling her much she meant to her solicited a smile from Kaalia. The word was all she had from her homeworld and she held it dear to her heart. It was the pilot who had triggered the memory, something she saw as a sign. The fact the Balmorran was here right now told the redhead that the feelings she had for her were mutual if it wasn't clear enough already.

The brunette asked a question about her involvement within the First Order and quickly seemed to brush over it, the slight awkwardness of it all amusing the younger of the two. "It is more exciting than people would expect. However, I do not want to overload you with details." She was slightly puzzled by the fact she seemed to not want an answer to her question, like she was apathetic to what she did when she wasn't with Ishana. She wasn't sure what to think of it. "Rarely anything happens during events like this, however."

Kaalia nodded at the pilot's suggestion, indicating she was on board for the idea. "I would love to join you there." A chuckle by Ishana was muffled by her own sleeve, providing further proof she was not very much used to the environment. "We could perhaps stop by a dry cleaner after the event." It was easy to notice the Balmorran's discomfort in the dres uniform, but Kaalia thought she looked very good in it nontheless. "These events are not for everyone, I cannot hold that against you. Still, I very much appreciate you accompanying me today."

skin, bone, and arrogance
Post 8

Lydia peered out the glass panes at the servant's entrance as [member="Mishel Ren"] approached. She paused with her arms full of a tray, then awkwardly balanced the tray against her hip before reaching over and pulling the door open. The young woman looked somewhat harried, Lydia thought, but she listened carefully and then nodded. Lydia looked around for a few moments, grey-green eyes scanning the corridor which was buzzing with activity. "Uh... okay," said Lydia, and she pulled the door open more so that Mishel could come inside.

"I assume the Grand Moff knows where to find you if you're needed," Lydia said curtly as she shut the door behind her. "Until then -- I don't know what you're supposed to do. I really must get on," said Lydia as she hefted her tray and began to walk towards the stairs. "Servant's hall is just through there if you need to wait..." Lydia intoned as she headed into the stairwell with her tray. A few moments later she emerged into the soiree with a tray full of hors d'oeuvres, with instructions to circulate around the crowd with them.

Please don't let him see me, Lydia said as she caught sight of the back of [member="Rolf Amsel"]'s head across the room. Her scoop could be over before it began if she wasn't careful.

Progflaw99

-- -- --
Grand Visier's Estate
Post 7
-- -- --
The Colonel had been relieved of his coat, though he held onto the cane - as irritating as it was to him, Rolf knew he'd be buggered without it. The transition from able bodied First Order Stormtrooper to the "On Leave" Rolf Amsel. He'd eventually be cleared again for active duty, at least that's what the docs kept telling him - he had his own doubts. During the conflict on Mustafar, Rolf's body had taken a beating at the hands of two Alliance soldiers, or at very least mercenaries employed by them. It had taken him weeks to get back up on his feet, at the end of his hospital stay they'd disclosed that he was now the owner of two artificial organs - a pair of lungs and more importantly, his heart. During his encounter with the heavily armored Mandalorian, he'd found himself run through - in fact the memory still caused him occasional nightmares, whether or not he'd admit that was another matter.

As he'd been directed towards the lounge in which it seemed was the main focus of the evening, his eyes were drawn away from where [member="Lydia Finn-Camden"] had rapidly departed, her cover intact. Rolf had taken several minutes to get a feel for the lounge, casually strolling from one end to the other, examining the art lining the walls. As he neared a set of tall paned windows, a brilliant flash of light lit up the sky followed by a tumultuous barrage of thunder - it almost reminded him of artillery fire.

Noticing a short table with a small ashtray on its surface, Rolf quietly removed a small cigar case from his inner breast pocket. Strictly speaking, it wasn't exactly allowed as part of his uniform, but he highly doubted anyone would see fit to call him out on the matter. Followed by a micro-lighter, he lit the end of the cigar carefully, breathing life into it as the bright red cherry at the end began to glow. Release his breath with a careful sigh, the smoke trailed from his lips and lingered in the air but a moment before dissipating. The doctors had said to go easy, and forbidden the Colonel from smoking - but again, who was going to stop him?

His shadowed eyes traced across the landscape, rain pelting against the glass. He was glad he was inside, rather than out. For the moment, he would enjoy the cigar, a guilty pleasure no doubt but one well earned.

[member="Lydia Finn-Camden"] | [member="Mishel Ren"] | [member="Gunther Creed"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"]

Ishana Pavanos

I
Post 11

No these events were not for everyone, and most certainly not the Balmorran. Ishana gave pause for a moment taking in the atmosphere at the Grand Vizier's Estate. Her mind lost its tracing on thought as she watched the long coats of men air just above the floor. The gowns that adorned the women and how they laughed so haughtily. Then the pilot remembered who she was with and why, "you're welcome." She whispered to the redheaded Kro Varian on her arm.

While most would not have gave way to the air of cigar smoke mixed with drink and the casual laughter. Ishana's finely tuned senses picked up on the scent. Whoever was smoking the cigar, had fine tastes. "Why don't I leave you to mingle with the crowd, I'm going to find out who's smoking the good stuff." The brunette whispered against Kaalia's ear as she gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before departing the woman's company.

She adjusted the tunic of her dress uniform and gave tight smiles to those she passed. She walked closer and closer to the source of the smell. Her nerves were freyed already at the idea of being seen with Kaalia and what that might implicate for her and her career. Ishana recalled the days in the One Sith where high-end functions were supposed to mean getting to know one's commanding officers. Ishana always got to know their wives instead, and now it seemed those days were behind her. As the Balmorran approached the source of the sweet scent that had so called to her from across the Estate (or so it seemed, hardly so far). She considered perhaps the other side of the affairs she had had so casually before. Childish ways were for children the woman thought unto herself as she crossed to the lounge.

Tall art hung adoringly against the walls, and as Ishana adjusted the tunic of her uniform once more. Her eyes fell to a Colonel. Stormtrooper or Army she figured him for almost immedateily. Still he had a good set of smokes and she was willing to pay him for it. Even as she squeezed through the hefty mix of Taloraans and Imperials her mind went back to Kaalia. And then her mind refocused on the desire that drew her here. "Excuse me, know where a pilot might be able to grab a smoke like that from? I got a couple hundred credits if you've got any to spare." A pause as she perhaps thought it would've been rude to ask and not even give a name or branch of service, "Lieutenant Ishana Pavanos, Starfighter Corps."

[member="Rolf Amsel"] | [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] | [member="Kuril Vehn"] | [member="Gunther Creed"]

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
As the words rolled off his tongue, a feminine figure protruded from the clustering groups of the crowd and joined the two officials as they mingled. Subtly nudging his head in her direction as she strode, the two turned to face their new chatter companion. Addressing Jude, or in this case, Jay, the woman inquired as to where they knew each other from, though it seemed she already had a pretty good idea. As she mentioned the banquet between the First Order and now-collapsed Commonwealth, Kuril shot a friendly glare at Jude, as if to say "Is attending formal events all you do for the security bureau?" She was courteous enough not to leave Vehn out, addressing him as well, albeit more shortly and incorrectly a captain. It hardly bothered Vehn anyways - the mantle of superintendent could begin to be a mouthful after a while, and though he took his job seriously, he thought little of the title.

Finishing a sip of Corellian whisky, he nodded in greeting to the Lady Brentioch. "A pleasure.", he said briefly. Obviously Jude would have to carry this conversation, and Kuril would have to piggyback when he could.
5​
[member="Jude Falkrowe"] | [member="Valessia Brentioch"]​

post 1

Braser sighed as he strode across the dimly lit platform towards the 2-person shuttle hovering above the floor. As he walked he thought of his current situation, and that infuriated him. He had to give his second in command control of his frigate, The Stark. ​Braser trusted the young Lt's loyalty, but his competence was lacking. Braser pushed the thoughts out of his mind so he could focus on the task at hand, surviving a party. The military man owned no fancy clothing other than his navy blue officer uniform, so that's exactly what he wore.
Before he knew it he had reached the ramp leading to the shuttle and was being greeted by the pilot. The pilot turned in his seat and questioned "Guessing from the get up you need a ride to the Grand Visier's Estate?" Braser glanced down at his navy blue uniform and stuttered "Y-yes, thank you." He moved into the shuttle and took his seat, inspecting the his suit for any flaws. He was vary wary of going to this event because he loathed galas and parties. He glanced out the small window to see a slight patter of rain, which quickly turned to a downpour. He cursed under his breath for he had failed to bring an umbrella. Suddenly the small craft lifted into the air and headed for the estate.

After what seemed like a few minutes of flying Braser decided to check on his ship. He shifted in his seat and raised his long fingers to the comlink in his ear. When he heard a light beep ,indicating the comm was on,he spoke "Lt. Tsido do you copy? Is The Stark remaining in orbit as I ordered?" After a surprisingly short moment of silence the Lt's timid voice responded. "I read you Lt. Commander, The Stark is holding in orbit as you asked." Braser heaved a sigh of relief, the lad did something right, he thought. Braser replied "Good work Lt. remain there until ordered otherwise. I don't suspect i'll need a quick extraction but I have a bad feeling about this event." ​With that Braser shut off his comm and settled into his seat. Beginning to mentally prepare himself for the party.

[member="Rolf Amsel"] [member="Natasi Fortan"] [member="Ishana Pavanos"] [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

Post 9

Lydia paused in the doorway to the large drawing room where the soiree was taking place, her eyes taking it all in. She needed to approach the situation delicately. She didn't want [member="Rolf Amsel"] to see her, but she couldn't very well hide out below stairs the whole time. Either way her cover would be blown. [member="Natasi Fortan"] was another sticky subject; they knew each other too well for a ginger hair dye to fool the Grand Moff. She shifted, turning her back to the window where she saw Rolf Amsel smoking, which put her facing the little group formed by [member="Kuril Vehn"] and [member="Valessia Brentioch"], the tray of hors d'ouevres pushed out towards them.

She stared blankly at Vehn, then Brentioch, before remembering what her deal was. "Uh -- something to nibble, milady?" she pushed the tray towards Valessia, beaming brightly, before shifting towards Kuril. "Delicious delicacies, milord?"

post 2

After what seemed like several hours but was only several minutes the small shuttle hovered at the entrance of the estate. The shuttle pilot opened the sliding door and lowered the thin ramp. The quiet man turned to Braser and shouted "We have arrived at the estate sir." ​Braser stood up and dusted off his blue uniform. He heaved a heavy sigh knowing he was about to be drenched with rain. As the Lieutenant Commander started out of the shuttle he paused and handed the pilot a couple of credits. "For you troubles." The pilot looked astounded and then a smile crept across his face. He looked up at Braser and nodded with thanks, a dumbfounded smile on his face. Braser nodded back and strode out of the shuttle. Just before he passed through the doors threshold he paused and turned to the pilot. "You don't happen to have an umbrella do you?" ​The still smiling pilot chuckled and reached under his seat. "Lucky for you I have a spare." He chuckled and handed the black umbrella to Braser. As Braser strode down the ramp, opening his new umbrella, he shouted back to the pilot. "I cant think you enough!"

​ The quiet Lieutenant Commander slowly walked up the stone steps leading to the front doors of the estate. He dreaded everything he was about to experience. He took a minute to listen to the rain before heading inside, the soft sound soothed him. The man closed his eyes for a moment and breathed, then took the steps up to the open doors. The butler stepped out and happily took the umbrella from brasers hands. "Welcome to The Grand Vizier's Estate Lieutenant Commander Steltan. I'm afraid your a bit late, most of the officials have already arrived." Braser handed over the umbrella and spoke while sighing at the same time. "No worries, I'm sure I can jump in on any conversation."

The two men chuckled and then Braser entered the lively room. It seemed as if half of the First Order was there. [member="Rolf Amsel"] was already smoking by himself, a wise choice. A waitress passing out beverages quickly walked by Braser. He grabbed her arm before she passed him, he didn't usually partake in alcohol. However he could make an exception. "I'll take one of those, thank you." Braser plucked the glass from the tray and quickly sipped the alcohol. The young girl smiled and left, she still seemed spooked from being abruptly stopped in her tracks. Braser walked to the stairwell near the entrance, he needed a quiet place to hang around so he propped up against the archway. Moments later the famous Grand Moff [member="Natasi Fortan"] briskly walked through the doorway, passing by him. The man sipped his alcohol and quietly called out "Grand Moff Fortan?" The noblewoman turned to see the man walking towards her. "I don't believe we've met before." Braser smiled and extended his hand to the woman.

Natasi was still rankled at the way in which she had been approached by Descartes. Who did he think he was, trying to pressure her into giving his company an advantageous decision? It was absurd. Combined with rumors that the Grand Vizier was contemplating refusing to sign the final agreement, and it put Natasi in a positively irritated mood. She came down the stairs, casting an eye around for a member of the Grand Vizier's staff. Instead, her attention was caught by a man in a naval uniform approaching, hand out-stretched.

"Yes?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at [member="Braser Steltan "]. She tentatively reached out to give him a firm handshake. "I'm sorry, I don't think we've been introduced..." Natasi studied his uniform's badges and markings before concluding: "... Lieutenant Commander, is it?"

Another waitress passed and she raised a finger to get her attention. "Gin and tonic," she instructed, before turning back to Steltan. "How do you do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom