Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ever Onwards

Lori kept watch from under her hood, keeping her hands clasped in front of her like the other aides did. She took note of those that spoke, memorizing their faces andhow they performed. All of this was a performance. It was almost grandstanding. Each delegate puffed themselves up and showed off their fancy feathers in order to entice the others into following along with their whims.

And to think that she was going to be like them once upon a time. In Lori's youth she was a Commenori princess, daughter to it's Queen. Many thought that she'd follow in her Mom's footsteps, delving into a life of politics and meetings such as this. But that wasn't the life she was given. The Sith and others saw to that. Instead she had done whatever she felt like, going from one shipping job to the next, with some treasure hunting inbetween. And now she was helping to destroy an evil Empire that did nothing but cover the Galaxy in blood and screams. And for what? Control of whatever masses they kept alive to be cogs in their machine?

Whether or not she'd die in the attempt was anyone's guess. But it wasn't as though she had anything to hold her back from fighting. Lori was tough and stubborn. She would face death equally so.

Yet she had to stifle back those feelings here, lest they be picked up on. Guards were everywhere and prpbably Sith too. She needed to be mindful.

The twins had that faraway look in their eyes, mainly due to themselves not quite being in the present. Their shared conscious now shifted to the future with the help of Foresight. Nothing was ever set in stone, only the past. But still, if Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt wanted to be protected from harm, they were obligated to see all of the possible avenues where blows could be struck.

A problem lay in the disdain for a criminal enterprise like The Black Sun that others here held. It wasn't so much that they wanted the Black Sun obliterated, but moreso that they wanted their power and influence to be limited in capacity. Perhaps it was a good thing that the Black Sun wasn't based in this sector, yet elsewhere.

Ivy wanted to delve further ahead, yet Willow gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Don't go too far, dear sister. Remember what happened the last time...." It wasn't long ago, before they became in Broka's employ that they had seen their own deaths. Such a thing scared Willow into no longer wanting to pry into their own lives. It was better to take each day as they come.

5037436-3598286602-26403.jpg

There were always hurdles when it came to finding a compromis within trade agreements, in this case it seemed that the Eternal Empire had a rather high opinion of their own technology, which so far, Credius had to admit to be quite validated. However, their dismissal towards any military technology the Zweihander Union possessed and was willing to offer was unlikely to hurt either side's benefits within this deal, it was simply a matter of supply and demand and if the demand was low, there would be no need for any costly supplies in that department.

What was more concerning was the proposal made by the representative on behalf of the Interstellar Shipping Company, though it was a respectable company, the main issue was the fact that the representative openly admitted to be responsible for the Chiss Ascendancy's logistics, which meant that the company in the view of the Chancellor now had a very large liability in terms of trust, something which was never a good sign for any deals to be made.

"Esteemed representative of the Interstellar Shipping Company," Credius' tone had shifted from warm and friendly to somewhat cold and dismissive, showing that whatever he was about to say now was not at all meant to be seen as a joke or jest from his side. "Though your offer is kind and may indeed be beneficial in the long run, my concern is that you are admitting to be in league with the Chiss Ascendancy, which has rather recently not only refuted our call for cooperation and mutual understanding, but has also aided in increasing the tensions between the Zweihander Union and several misguided governments in the core. Though I do not blame you or your company for these recent events, I do hope you can see why I would be having any reservations to allow you to be responsible for the transport of any and all material within this precarious trade deal."

Turning his attention back to the emperor, a chuckle escaped the man's lips, his eyes slightly squinting behind his mask as he turned his attention towards the woman who seemed to exert a certain level of control and dominance over the Eternal Empire's own dignitaries, no doubt one of the more higher ranked officials of this government. "Restriction of movement...is not at all a problem, though do note that this goes both ways, as we too will in this case be restricting movement of people between our territories for the sake of upholding the equilibrium. However, movement of material and products stipulated in this deal are excluded from these restrictions, can we be likely minded on that point, your majesty?"

cxXK1ft.png
Words sometimes were tricky. Interpreting the meaning of some words could produce a very different response if not phrased properly. The Chiss understood the representative’s hesitation due to his choice of the word “serve”. Malicar used that word often due to its connotation that his company was providing services in some way. But different societies and species took that to mean other things. Such things needed clarification from time to time…such nuances were part of doing business on an intergalactic scale.

The shipping mogul nodded at Nargath’s words and his estimation of the relationship between the Chiss Ascendancy and Interstellar Shipping. With a smile, Malicar replied, “Esteemed Representative Nargath, perhaps my statements need clarification, if you will allow. Forgive me, but I am afraid ‘in league’ with the Chiss Ascendancy is not quite the way I would describe that relationship with my organization. We have a logistics contract with the Chiss Ascendancy—I do not dabble in their politics, nor do we take orders from that sovereignty. It is a business contract. As such, I would respectfully request considering the truism that Interstellar Shipping stands apart from political maneuvering. What my company brings to the table today is the fact that we excel in our intimate knowledge of both the Chiss Ascendancy, the Eternal Empire, and the hyperlanes that connect them. My hope is that you will take some time to consider the value my company brings to this arrangement.”

With a slight bow to the Zweihander Union representative, the Chiss remained silent once again.
cxXK1ft.png
Credius Credius
Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe

Last edited:
Lorda of Nem'ro and Hutt Republic Supreme Mogul
Broka knew the smug Chancellor will be good to have as a business partner. In these parts of the galaxy, Black Sun has become more of a privateer organization. Broka has been smart to not bight the hand that feeds him. The Zweihander Union has shown it is very welcoming of corporate interest. Black Sun could definitely ride the coat tails of such welcoming system. Through Black Sun, these regions of the galaxy have access to the bounties of Hutt Space, and its corporate entities.

While waiting for the issue of Malicar's business was being sorted out on the floor, Broka was simply waiting again for the prime opportunity to bring such a point up. Black Sun may be criminal, but can reign in the more petulant criminal elements in a given territory by either taking over them or driving them out. A nation that behaves in the manner the ZU apparently does would be unwise to keep out such a force because of the privateer-like image Black Sun has made for itself in the Unknown Regions. In the meantime, Broka continues to snack on the bowl of eels. Unlike the other politicians in the chamber, it was clear the incredibly corpulent Hutt was watching the events on the floor like a play he could interact with. The banter was very entertaining for him indeed.

Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe Malicar Malicar Credius Credius Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
9lv2K7W.png

Brask'ari'sabosen sat quietly and listened thoughtfully to all who spoke especially to what Credius Credius had to say. She was trying to gleam the Chancellor's true intent here with the Eternal Empire and that of the Chiss worlds the Zweihandler Union lay claim to. He was one of those slick willy types or so it appeared to her. What the man said wasn't exactly what the man meant; always a hidden agenda layered beneath another. Time would only tell what that was...

"Salutations, Chancellor Credius. I am Baroness Karisa of Verkuyl, High Regent of House Sabosen within the Eternal Empire. My understanding is the Zweihandler Union has recently liberated the People of Sposia and other Chiss worlds in the colonies from yet another outside threat perceived. I am most curious as to what your plans, immigration or otherwise, consist of for the Chiss and your Union as it would go hand in hand with a trade agreement, yes?" the Chiss noblewoman inquired matter of fact, then she inclined her dark head towards the Chancellor followed more so to the Emperor thus releasing her time back to them for answering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom