Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private "Even Bad Men Love Their Mother's" [Kay Larr].

Caedyn Arenais

C
Somewhere in Silver Space.
Attention: [member="Kay Larr"].
cae_breaker_by_kioxes-dc8yrxo.png
One battle had ended, another was beginning, and the Galaxy was little different for it.

Caedyn Arenais wasn't typically a pessemist, yet the last conflict against the Mandalorian's had torn his family apart and since then he'd not spoken to either his Mother nor his Sister for their difference in loyalties and core views regarding the originals of the war, who was to blame and so on. In fact, the last time he had spoken to his Mother, Caedyn had been resentful of the state of House Arenais, and serving to remind him simply by being in the wrong place at the right time, he had been given the opportunity to voice his resentments and frustrations, of which [member="Kay Larr"] had been unsuspecting and unprepared.

By now, time had passed and with the receding conflict between the Silver Jedi Order and the remaining Mandalorians whom were more or less independent of their former regime, Caedyn had spent much of his time focusing on his life with [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] aboard the Outer-Heaven Space-Station. They had a life there hidden away from the political state of the greater Galaxy, though nothing had really changed in terms of his families status; in fact things had grown much worse when his father [member=Veiere Arenais] had told Caedyn that he and his Mother were now divorced. Something that Caedyn had honestly not expected to actually happen given how much the pair of them had been through, as well as the share blisful ignorance of any Son or Daughter when faced with the prospect of a family separation.

And so it was that Caedyn found himself seated at the cockpit of the Repertoire with his co-pilot and droid friend, Lexas. Together, searching for any sign of clue as to his Mothers current whereabouts, starting with the obvious communications channels associated with [member="Loreena Arenais"] and their Mother's Holonet frequencys and accounts. It was a small hope, but a purpose filled attempt to open a channel via commlink with either of the two women.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Ever since Kay had discovered that [member="Veiere Arenais"] and their children were alive, she had felt herself spiralling downwards further still. It wasn't as though she wasn't overjoyed. But a mixture of other emotions came into play. Would it be better for them all if they never knew she was alive? Perhaps. But due to the Force Bond, she couldn't hide herself for long from Veiere.

Both [member="Caedyn Arenais"] and [member="Loreena Arenais"] led their own lives. They didn't need their parents, most especially her. The rift between them due to politics and war was great. Maybe even too great.

Kay's last encounter with Caedyn didn't go so well. He was filled with such anger for even being in the same place with her, that she decided to leave the station for good. Let him have it. She wasn't wanted anywhere near. What else could a mother do but respect her adult son's wishes?

Her last encounter with her daughter had been somewhat better, as one might of expected. Lori spoke privately to Kay about walking away from leading Zakuul and leaving it to the First Order. It was only after a lengthy discussion that she discovered that Samka Derith put her up to it. But before Kay could even act on Lori's wishes, she had been captured by Tacitus.

Now Kay was working on her own projects in her tea shoppe, as well as seeing [member="Jakob Benson"] for...mental help. She knew that she wasn't well, not after everything that had happened. But regardless of her plans to attack the Sith using unconventional means, she wanted to have a clearer mind.

Her datapad beeped as various accounts received notifications. That was odd...

Kay set down her pile of tea boxes on the counter and went over to the drawer where the datapad lay hidden. She opened it and picked it up, unlocking it with her handprint. "Caedyn?" She raised a brow as she saw who was trying to contact her. ~Are you in trouble? What's wrong? Where's your Dad?~ Why else would he contact her if Veiere wasn't available?

Caedyn Arenais

C
~Are you in trouble? What's wrong? Where's your Dad?~
Despite Veiere Arenais having made out that Caedyn's mother was keeping herself hidden away from the rest of the Galaxy, he was surprised to find that one of her accounts remained active and answered his call. Long ranged communication was most usually a give and take thing, despite the advancements in technology these days compared to back when Caedyn and Lori were younger, but surprisingly the voice of his Mom came in loud and clear.

"Hey. Dad's not with me, but he told me what's been going on with you guys. Where are you?" Caedyn responded into the microphone of his vessels communications terminal. Despite spending so much time within Silver Space, Caedyn's life with the Je'daii had taught him how to be quite the skilled and experienced explorer. The Repertoire was an able ship, well stocked and his co-pilot (being a droid), would never leave the cockpit unless absolutely necessary.

"Send me your coordinates so I can come and meet you wherever you are?".

Kay-Larr

Kay's eyes closed as she let out a deep sigh. So Veiere told him, did he? Well what else did [member="Veiere Arenais"] say about her? And why would [member="Caedyn Arenais"] want to meet with her? So that he could let out his anger and frustrations even more? To have her feel kicked out of yet another place?

~Why would you---oh nevermind. I'll...send you my location. But keep it to yourself. Keep all of this to yourself.~ She sent him the co-ordinates to her shoppe and home. Though why anyone would bother to tail Caedyn for this was beyond her. As she had been told, she was no longer a threat to her enemies. She had no power, no soldiers, no weapons or ships. Not even any allies.

But still, that didn't mean that no one would try to assassinate her for good.

Wherever her son was, she knew it'd take some time before he'd reach her. Maybe she'd have another visit with her doctor first.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Sir, these coordinates suggest that she is located on Altiria".
Lexus informed Caedyn from the Co-Pilot's chair in a timely fasion typical of a droid, [member="Kay Larr"] having just asked Caedyn to keep her location to himself. "Thanks, Lex" Caedyn responded curtly before looking back to the communications terminal and seeking to reassure his Mom, "It's just me and Lexus on the ship, he's a protocol droid so don't worry. I'll be there as soon as possible. Caedyn out." He concluded and closed the communications transmission.

"Is something the matter, Master Caedyn? I had anticipated an enthusiastic response were we to successfully locate your Mother".
"I'm fine, Lexus. Mom just didn't sound all too pleased to hear from me, that's all. I guess it's to be expected..." Caedyn replied, forcing a smile in the hope of reassuring his droid friend that there was no need to concern himself. "Lock in those coordinates and let's get ourselves on the way" he added shortly there after, both looking to change the subject as well as shorten the time his Mom would be having to wait on his arrival. It was easy to suspect that she hadn't forgotten their last encounter and thus the reason for her apprehension in hearing from him.

Kay-Larr

Good. It was just going to be [member="Caedyn Arenais"] and his droid. Kay used to have an astromech droid, once upon a time. Only it was crushed. [member="Ultimatum"] used to be a great friend and companion to her, but she never owned him. And he was off exploring the very edge of space. No doubt he'd hardly recognize her if he saw her now.

Kay wasn't sure of just how long it would take her son to reach her. But she had a few days at the very least. And so she went to get some help with her...mental issues. Mayhem needed to be kept at bay. And her visits with the doctor helped. However she couldn't help but feel as though the doctor was trying to convince her that a lot of what had happened to her was just made up.

"I'll have a place for you, Kay. It's currently under development, but when it's ready you are most welcome to drop by. You can use it for...a little retreat." A hint of a smile appeared, along with a look of hope? Or was that happiness? [member="Jakob Benson"] was hardly one to show any emotion, yet now he did.

"I'll think about it. Thank you. In the meantime, I'm going to meet with my son."

"I sure hope that goes well for you, Kay. And if you want my advice? Keep your delusions to yourself. They won't help you."

Kay nodded a little before departing his office to go back to her shoppe. She had things to bake and orders to fill. It was a nice distraction from the anxiety for the meeting that she was going to have.

Caedyn Arenais

C
A day cycle later for Altiria and Caedyn's Corvette would descend upon the landing platform of the local spaceport where he and Lexus would both depart. Caedyn's droid friend was a product of locke & key mechanics, a rather high profile manufacturer that put out a lot of advanced technology not just for the Silver Jedi but for much of the Galaxy's technological needs.

To say that Lex was an example of impulsive spending would be level with the truth, the droid having a lot more advanced capabilities than Caedyn had ever really needed or put to practice yet, but given Lex's ability to tap into and track communications, he made for a rather gifted traveling partner. Especially when Caedyn wanted in on a bit of gossip or to hear the state of the system they might be travelling through at the time. Today however, he was just along for the ride, stretching those old droid legs of his if you will.

From the Spaceport, the pair of them would take a local taxi-speeder to the coordinates that his Mom had relayed. It gave the pair of them an opportunity to gaze upon the local settlement they'd landed within, as well as the general terrain on the way to this business venture of his Mom's. It was difficult to know what to expect from [member="Kay Larr"] at times, especially lately. Caedyn couldn't quite imagine how she would have convinced herself to settle in on some random middle-of-nowhere planet like this compared to the connections and people they knew on Commenor, but perhaps that was also the former life and love that he still held for their homeworld. For her sake, he tried to keep an open and positive mind.

Being dropped off outside of the Tea Shoppe, Caedyn paid the driver and waited for the speeder to depart before turning to knock upon the door to the establishment. Lexus could sense the awkwardness in his Master's behavior and body language, which for a droid to pick up on emotional symptoms, meant that Caedyn wasn't doing such a good job at hiding his sense of apprehension.

"Stop worrying, Lex...".

"Yes, Master Caedyn".

Kay-Larr

~This just in: The Lord Governor of Anarris has died after contracting some kind of illness. Two of his aides had also passed. The Lord Governor's home and office are being swept for viruses. For the moment no one else appears to have gotten sick. Anarris will hold two days of mourning before elections will be under way.~

Kay stood silent in the back room of her shoppe as she turned off the holonews, only to get a call on her commlink. She clenched her jaw as she picked up the call. The top aide to the Lord Governor of Altiria's voice was heard. ~I'm sure that you saw the holonews. It worked. Your contribution is much appreciated. I hope that--~

"I saw. Now a deal's a deal. You're all to leave me alone or I pull up shop and expose your plot."

~Exposing us would expose you.~

Kay narrowed her eyes. She knew full well of the consequences of her actions. "I have nothing to lose. My life was forfeited a long time ago."

~Watch yourself or it may be forfeited again.~

Kay shook her head and turned her commlink off. "I hate politics..." She stepped out of the back room, intending on making herself some tea when a knock came to the door.

A knock?

The store was open.

She hesitated for a moment, wondering if authorities were already there. But surely that was too quick? Kay approached the door and then opened it, her eyes blinking in surprise as she saw [member="Caedyn Arenais"] standing there with what could only be a droid companion. "Cae! Oh!...That was quick. Um...the door is open, you know. It's like a cafe..." She stepped to the side to let them in. "You can come in if you'd like."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Cae! Oh!...That was quick. Um...the door is open, you know.
It's like a cafe...You can come in if you'd like".
Caedyn scratched at the back of his head out of a little anxious habit, "Hey Mom.." he gave something of a wary smile as he stepped into the shop, followed by Lexus who's feet gave off that metal clamping sound with every step, the typical droid-like clumsiness. Caedyn hadn't heard any of the news, nor would he have recognized any of it had he done. Instead his mind was entirely on the present, visiting his Mother after so long and so much change in their lives; "So this is where you're living these days huh?" He asked with a pang of guilt and remorse. Perhaps if he'd not been so quick to vent his frustrations to her, she might still have been on the Outer-Heaven.

Wandering the nearest isle, Caedyn took interest in the many different products available for [member="Kay Larr"]'s customers to purchase. Numerous varieties of tea's all with different results and after-effects. Their whole family, included their extended-not-necessarily-blood relatives had known that Lori and his Mom loved to drink the stuff, but he hadn't expected to find her working this line of work. Outside of Tea and their Father, politics had always been her passion...-But then, they had all seen what that meant for their family. They'd all fallen out and been afflicted by the results of the Galaxy's 'love' for oppression.

Eventually, Caedyn found his way to where his Mom was standing and moved to take the initiative, giving her a tight hug. It'd been far too long and he had missed her truthfully. He'd made his share of mistakes, and blowing his top that day on the Outer-Heaven was the one that put distance between them like nothing else had done before. He wanted her to know that he was sorry, although he wasn't entirely sure how to express that in words as of yet. "It's good to see you...-Been a while.." He said softly as he released her, "Does Lori know about this place?".

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded as [member="Caedyn Arenais"] asked her if this was where she lived while he stepped past her. "Yes, I have a little bedroom upstairs. I don't really need much anymore." She didn't have much of anything anyways. All that she had on Zakuul was lost, all that she had in her ship was lost. Kay had to start from scratch. And through loans. After believing that her family was dead, she didn't even try to touch their family fortune. No doubt Veiere had it set up for some good purpose and she didn't want to ruin that.

Yet she had done well enough on her own.

Kay gestured to Lexus. He was surely new. "Hello. I'm afraid that I don't have anything here that a droid companion like yourself would want. Not even an energy port..." Droids didn't really make a habit of going to tea shoppes, afterall.

She watched Caedyn explore her wares, curious as to what his thoughts were on them. Not everything was in the up and up. She even had glitterstim tea, not to mention Darkside cookies.

He stopped in front of her and for a moment Kay thought that he was going to give her his harsh critique about the life she'd manage to cut out for herself, when he had done the unexpected....He hugged her.

At first she tensed up. It had been a long time since anyone had hugged her at all. Even Veiere couldn't do so. But after a moment she hugged him back just as tightly, shutting her eyes as she put her head against his shoulder. She held onto him for as long as he'd let her, relishing it so that she could commit it to memory.

Kay cleared her throat as he broke their hug, wiping at her tears with the back of her hand. "Yes, it has been. Though I didn't expect it to be any different....And no, I don't think that she does. Unless your Dad told her. I haven't seen her or heard from her since...well, almost as long as since I had last seen you." She closed her eyes for a moment, brows furrowed as the images of them all being dipped into molten gold flooded her mind again. It wasn't until they disappeared that she opened her eyes and relaxed her brow. "How about some tea? Would you like some? And some Lightside fudge? Free of charge....of course."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"How about some tea? Would you like some?
And some Lightside fudge? Free of charge....of course".
Caedyn blinked a little in obvious intrigue, "Lightside fudge? Is that any different from normal fudge?" He asked with a gradual grin, for a moment the youth in him showing in the company of his Mother. Her remark about not having expected things to change since their last run in didn't go over his head, though the offer of tea and some form of sweets definitely sounded like a good plan; "Sounds good to me".

"...And..." He moved to follow her, beginning to build up the courage to speak on their last run-in; "I am sorry about the last time we saw each other. I didn't mean the stuff I said" he frowned as he sought to explain his feelings from back then. "I was angry with you and Dad...-It felt like our family was falling apart and looking at things now, I guess I was right" he added, justifying his behavior to some extent though not excusing the way he had treated [member="Kay Larr"].

"I shouldn't have acted like that though...-When you left I felt like crap about it" he admitted.

"I haven't seen Loreena in a while either" he added, concern sounding in his words. "Dad's been a bit off as well, more quiet than usual and spending more time aboard the Judiciary. I'm still living on the Outer-Heaven though I've been spending time with the Silver Jedi trying to help them do some good in the Galaxy. Keeping myself busy as well I suppose...".

Kay-Larr

"Of course! The side effects are pretty nice. Though, don't eat too much. You might end up putting on weight." Kay started to head behind the counter when [member="Caedyn Arenais"] began apologizing for their previous encounter, causing her pace to slow down a little. "It's okay...I deserved it.." All of the troubles that she faced was her fault. Hiding was the best way to try to stop more troubles from being created.

She gestured for Caedyn to have a seat while she prepared his tea. The water was already boiled, so the only time to wait was for the tea to steep. Kay listened to her son while she got out the Sapir leaves and crumpled them into a cup. Once the water was poured, she collected a few pieces of fudge and set them on a plate, taking both to him.

"Families ...through no fault of their own can grow apart. It's bad circumstances that can bring that about. Sometimes a little distance can be a good thing." She sat down across from him and sighed as she folded her hands on the table, staring at them. "I'm not well, Caedyn. Mentally. I went through a lot of pain and trauma recently and I've been having a tough time trying to get myself out of it. Running this shop helps to distract me and keep me busy, plus I've started seeing a doctor about it too." [member="Jakob Benson"] had offered her a retreat so that he could help her better. Maybe she'd take him up on it, she wasn't sure. But if politics wouldn't leave her alone, then she probably would.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"You didn't deserve it...-You and Dad were going through some stuff and I probably didn't make it any easier" Caedyn admitted, having had the time to reflect upon his behavior and having learned some more about what was happening between his parents since then. "I know people can grow apart, I just never thought it'd happen to you two..." He added a little quieter, resignation sounding in his voice for the fact that it was something he'd been forced to accept, unable to change the distance that was now between she and Veiere.

For the longest time, Caedyn could recall people making comments about how well suited they were as a couple, the job they had done with Commenor and how they carried themselves as envoys of democracy and good standing in the Galaxy. Apparently nothing lasted forever. It still depressed him when he put too much thought into it all...

"How ill are you exactly?" Caedyn asked, now sounding a little concerned for his Mom. He knew that things were looking bad but hadn't considered the possibility that she might be physically or mentally ill. A lot of time had passed and while Caedyn was independent these days, no man ever stopped having love for the woman who had brought him into the Galaxy. He still needed her around, and if things could be helped then he'd do all he could to offer whatever he had to help her.

[member="Kay Larr"]

Kay-Larr

"I didn't think it'd happen either, Cae. Neither of us did." Kay had spoken under her breath, thinking back on the time that [member="Veiere Arenais"] had seperated from her after his crimes. He did so for her own reputation and standing in the Galaxy. And now she was doing the same. She didn't want to prevent him somehow from doing good.

She laughed a little as[member="Caedyn Arenais"] asked her how ill she was, her gaze lifting to the ceiling as they brimmed with tears. "Enough to divorce your father over the holonet." Again she laughed a little more, though it was just a way of trying to keep control of the floodgates wanting to break open. Her hand reached outfor hus cup of tea, but then pulled back as she realized that it wasn't hers. So instead Kay just slid down in her chair and refolded her hands on the table.

"I've....lost all hope in myself. During my capture I was stripped of everything, including my name. I endured pain and suffering in every which way. I was even made to watch you all die, and all because of my choices. Part of me died there with you." She stared down at her hands, her brows furrowed as she thought of the warning that [member="Jakob Benson"] gave her; telling Caedyn everything wouldn't help her. So she decided not to. "My doctor is building a facility to better help people like me. Your father seemed to like it better when I was locked away and so I'll probably do just that...once it's finished. I don't know if visitors are allowed..."

Kay wiped at a tear that slid down her cheek with the back of her hand, now coming to realize that this could be the last time that she'd see her son. "Promise me that you'll live your life to the fullest? And always do your best. I'll try to keep tabs on you, if I can have access to the holonet. Though I'm not sure if that's allowed either." She placed her hand on top of his and looked into his eyes. "I'll always love you Cae. And I'm so very proud of you. Remember that."

Caedyn Arenais

C
To say that he was feeling confused and conflicted by his Mother's response, would be doing the moment injustice. [member="Kay Larr"]'s answer to being at a loss with life seemed to be shutting herself away in some sort of mental hospital or facility of some kind; It sounded to Caedyn like she was just giving up on herself, but perhaps that was half the issue and what she meant by being ill. Caedyn had seen it in his Father back when they still lived on Commenor after his time with the Jedi had fallen quiet and he'd isolated himself for a year. The consequence of which was the revelation that he had given up hope and succumbed to the darker nature of the Force, welcoming the full extent of bogan and losing his self restraint and ability to control himself from being manipulated by the power that came with the 'Dark Side'...

With his Mom placing her hands atop his own and her words expressing far more emotion towards him than Caedyn could avoid feeling embarrassed for, he gave a sheepish smile, dipping his gaze a little as if to avoid eye contact momentarily, his words a little fumbled as he reached for some form of appropriate response. "I know Mom, I love you too..." He said as if it were obvious, these things much easier to be assumed or implied rather than having to speak them openly himself.

"Who is this Doctor of yours?" He soon asked, looking back to Kay unable to let go of the greater issue he was finding in their reunion. "I don't know if locking yourself up is any sort of answer to what's going on, it can't be?" He asked rhetorically. How could isolating herself from the people she loved and cared about, be of any positive consequence for her.

"You've been subjected to torture..." He exclaimed, feeling the threat of his anger building within him at the admission, though keeping it buried and under control; "No one should have to suffer like that, let alone as much as you've been through. You're allowed to feel messed up about it...-But what have you lost? Lori and I are still around and I know Dad still cares about you".

Kay-Larr

That sheepish look that [member="Caedyn Arenais"] gave her let her know that she was embarrassing him. So Kay just patted his hand before removing it and folded her hands on top of the table. By the Force she felt old. And tired. She was worn out in more ways that one.

"His name is Dr. Benson. He treats people that are not in full control of themselves through one way or another." It was a far better explanation than to say that he treats crazy people. Snd Kay was certain that she was one of those.

As Cae suggested that locking herself away wasn't the right idea, Kay shook her head in disagreement. "There are many people that got angry upon hearing that I got out of Purgatory and escaped my life sentences. They blamed one third of those responsible and certainly didn't approve of my choices afterwards. I angered a lot of people Cae, so much so that when my government was slaughtered and I was taken away, no one batted an eye. There was nothing. I had only myself to rely on." And Mayhem. Without him to help free her, she'd of died on Nelvann. "I've tried to give myself a new life but it's just so...empty. And given that people were happier when I was incarcerated, then perhaps; for those that know that I'm still alive, they might be happier in knowing that justice will be served. I've lived above the law for long enough."

Kay rubbed at an itch on the back of her neck as Cae assumed that she shouldn't of gone through such suffering. But she thought otherwise. Why else would it of occured time and time and time again, if not because she wasn't meant to escape it? "I've lost everything Cae. For a little while I was certain that you all were dead. I'm glad to see that that was all a lie...My ship is gone, all of my possessions gone, my wedding rings, armour, even Viribus..." Her Krayt dragon was still on Zakuul, more than likely living in the swamps. That is if he survived the attacks from Tacitus' forces. "I still love your Dad...that's why I let him go. He doesn't need me to distract him or hold him back. And he can't hold me above the law either."

Her brows furrowed as she thought of something. Maybe she didn't exactly lose everything. "Have you got a datapad on you?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn listened as [member="Kay Larr"] explained her understanding of the situation, taking special note of the name Mr. Benson before hearing out the rest of what his Mom had to say for the life she now lived, devoid of the happiness she had once had though she had not lost everything like she claimed. Terrible things had happened to her, unspeakable things that made Caedyn's heart boil, but at the end of the day she was still here, as were her children and her now estranged but still very much attached husband. Albeit all the way on Kashyyyk these days.

"We're not dead though..." Caedyn spoke the obvious, his hands parting in gesture to the fact sitting before her. "Lori and I are still alive and well, and Dad's...-Well, he's alive at-least", whether or not Veiere Arenais was doing well or not, who could really tell. Their father was well experienced at keeping his feelings locked within, and perhaps Kay herself was the only person to truly be able to tell what was going through the man's mind from an outsiders perspective. Whether or not she still had that ability in her mentally fragile state though, who could say.

"You sure you're not the one punishing yourself?" Caedyn asked, speaking his mind aloud without much thought as to how his word might sound aloud; "Don't you think you've gone through enough suffering for one person. You don't need some Doctor to lock you away, you need to be with your family" he argued, though his words lacked any aggression or resentment, he was merely worried for her as any good son would be.

Pulling his Datapad from his utility belt and placing it facing skyward upon the table he simply answered her final question with an equally intrigued query of his own; "Yeah course...-Why?".

Kay-Larr

Kay's eyebrows rose as [member="Caedyn Arenais"] let her know that neither him nor the rest of their family were dead. He was right of course, yet still the memories of watching them die haunted her. "I'm glad that you all are still alive and....well.." However it seemed that [member="Veiere Arenais"] was busying himself with this work, further entrenching himself into it. She didn't feel as though he was blocking her, but he certainly wasn't trying to reach out. Of course she sort of shut that door when she let him go.

"People were happier and things were better when I was locked away. People died because of me; I'm supposed to be spending the rest of my life in jail. So isn't that what I'm supposed to do? Isn't that the right thing to do? And besides...you all have your own lives in different corners of the Galaxy. I'd be living in an empty home just as I am now." Kay kept her explanations within the law, instead of telling him about her hallucinations. She didn't really want her son to see her that way. Besides, hallucinations were just temporary...

Once he brought out his datapad, she slid it towards herself and brought up a map of Commenor, out near the Eldritch Mountains. She then pointed to a spot at the base of one of the peaks. "I have something for you here. It's a cave which is more like a maze. The Elders lived there and it's where I was supposed to live too. No one alive really knows about it and I'd like to keep it that way. So you have to go on your own. Understand?" Kay wasn't entirely certain if Cae would agree to it or not. So she waited to find out.

Caedyn Arenais

C
People were happier and things were better when I was locked away.

"Which people?" Caedyn asked quickly, seemingly with zero consideration for anyone else beyond the two of them and their families lives that had been so largely hurt by the changes that had been forced upon them; "The Sith? Those people on that planet you were trying to help? Because no one in our family was happy about it" He countered her thoughts with confidence in that he was speaking factually.

"Why would you even care about these people, even if they did want you locked up. They're obviously no friends of yours. They don't seem to care about what you want or what's best for you like Dad, me or Lori do" he continued. Caedyn didn't understand the weight and impact that politics had held over his Mom's life, but he also didn't see the point of trying to please people that seemed to want nothing but the worst for her. "I know you like to help people, you like to make people happy and all that...-But at what cost. What do you have to go through before you start thinking about what makes you happy and trying to do that?" He asked her blatantly.

"I may be way younger than you are, but I've met and fought against real bad people. People like the Sith for example, people that really deserve life long consequences..." Caedyn tried to reinforce his own belief in that he knew what he was talking about when it came to moral and deserving people. "I don't know nearly as much as Dad does, or have been around as long as you guys have, but I know you and I know you don't deserve to be beating yourself up for the rest of your life for making a few mistakes....".

He had taken note of her information in regards to Commenor, and his interest was certainly peaked, however there were more important things being discussed in the moment and he made a mental note to ask about it once he had figured out whether his Mom was actually going to listen to him or not.

[member="Kay Larr"]

Kay-Larr

Kay sighed inwardly as [member="Caedyn Arenais"] questioned her on what people preferred her serving her sentence. She shook her head a little in response to some of his guesses. He wasn't present at her meeting with the Silvers, where she was belittled for having chosen leaving Purgatory with her rescuers, instead of staying.

She gave him a little smirk as he remarked on her being WAY older than him, but other than that her expression showed only that he had her full attention. It was amazing at how grown up he was now. He will always be her little boy, but now he was pretty much a man. And a smart one at that.

"You're right Cae...I should do what makes me happy, and do you know what that is? To have all of us together again as a family, as we were at the Estate when your Dad and I more or less took a break from politics. But I don't think that's likely to happen. I need to get better and as I said before, you've all got your own lives. I can't ask any of you to stop saving the Galaxy in order to look after me. It just wouldn't be fair." And it'd be selfish too. The lives of innocents were more important.

Kay's stubborn independant streak continued to push it's way through. It was where Lori got it from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom