Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Evac at Nadiem

"Of course. Being fast means nothing if it's not controllable."

Taozi stood beside Sia on the command deck of the Fùyuán, looking over a supply list one of her Clan members put together. This would be a simple relocation, easy to handle compared to evacuating all of Taanab before it was attacked. When her companion began to give orders, Taozi quirked an eyebrow at her, but followed her outside the ship.

"Shouldn't be too hard to find them, they'll likely be at the largest congregation. Either that, or in some more private area making plans. I'll have my Clan start handing out supplies while we look, best to not dawdle while people require aid and reassurance."

It seemed as though in the blink of an eye all manner of individuals had shown up. Why? Where had all these virtuous helpers been when so many planets had burned already? It seemed as though once something was deemed easy or safe, plenty of people were inclined to make themselves feel better by helping.

Perhaps that was a crude observation, but his body layered with scars given by Bryn'adûl Warriors was a stagnant reminder of just how many people weren't there to help. At least the attendance of both Loske and Quill normalised things somewhat, his cybernetic eyes allowed him a great deal more physical understanding - including a whole new world of embarrassments with his gestures still somehow off the mark.

His senses and synthetic eyesight seemed to not have fully synchronized yet, the world; colours were all so glorious that he had become reluctant to press upon his senses too much. But that enate reliance upon them still remained. It was a problem, one he was working on. His eyes refocused on Loske, he'd never really looked at someone before. Not like this, the redness that filled her cheeks still confused him. Though he recognised it as something his own expression seemingly mimicked when she did.

It was what he imagined laughing so hard your cheeks hurt looked like. Weyland smiled, nodding to Quill as he moved to look over Loske's shoulder at the Datapad; more commotion seeming to be delaying their progress. But Master Quill had it in hand. It was a good thing they would be able to get everyone off-world, of nearly everyone.

All Weyland could hope for was not to see those Black Ships appear in the sky, with everyone squeezed into one tight spot the Bryn'adûl could wipe them out in minutes with their cannons. The anxiety seemed to plague him endlessly.

"Your mind seems busy, Loske. Everything alright?"

Taggy waggy -
Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt / Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill / Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan / Kyra Perl Kyra Perl / Seydon of Arda Seydon of Arda / Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker / Sia / Maokai Bantam Maokai Bantam / Sayja Kelestrin / Bralin Bralin /

"You're just starting to see it first hand?" Trextan asked her, no judgement in his voicem

Kyra flushed anyway, embarrassed as she was often prone to be. "...Yeah," she admitted, her voice tight. She didn't want him to think she was incapable. She didn't want to be treated any different here. Everyone at Silver Rest had been treating her different since Kintan. She refused to recognized that that was her own doing.

She opened her mouth to tell him this, but a sudden gun shot shattered the moment. She startled, a bubble shield erupting around her in an instant. Her panic dispersed just as it came about, Maokai Bantam Maokai Bantam given a wild glare.

Geezum!

To her disbelief, his rough methods worked. The tense and rowdy crowd she had been trying to subdue started to follow Limna as they lead them to the arriving ship.

"Ummmm," came her voice, calling out to him. "That was a bit much!" She had had a much softer upbringing. She approached him, hands on her hips. "We're suppose to be keeping the peace, not shooting at em! Who the fluff are you?" Despite her sharp words, there was no hostility about her.

Kyra spoke her mind and that was that.

Last edited:

Elise

E
Elise had arranged SJO's involvement as soon as the threat had been brought to her attention. Their borders were large and the front line against the sith took up much of the order's current attention and resources. The nations they protected were doing their best to provide a solution for the Order's stretched position, but such large problems required time to address.

So Elise had been forced to get creative.

She had heard the stories on Startreaders. It had been a risk devoting her stained time to seeking them out, but through a vision she had found a hint towards their whereabouts. And from that hint, she found them.

She could not summon more ships and allies from thin air, but she could acquire them through alliances. Her pact with Bralin Bralin was just that.

Help the Innocent.

Elise had nothing to offer them but her gratitude. That and the understanding that aiding their cause further protected the space the Starteaders lived peacefully in. She asked nothing for more than aid. The species was incapable of fighting, but they could fly swift and true. Their metal bellies were capable of protecting countless innocents. Their hulls were strong. They could not be stuck down so easily.

It was a small solution. One which she hoped Quill would accept from her until further options presented themselves.

She stood at the doors of the sentient ship, patient as she felt them land. She sensed Quill nearby, but felt no need to press to his position. She understood the overwhelmed position of the one in charge.

"Thank you Bralin. Rest for now. Do you need anything?"

She stepped down from the plank, holding up her hands to the panicked civilians that scattered to leave one long line and make a new one in front of her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sia

S
Sia gave a nod of understanding, her eyes skimming the crowd as they walked deeper into the gathering. "...Chit," she breathed, recognizing the signs of something bigger when she saw it. An uneasiness built inside of her, along with the seeping suspicion that she was going to regret coming here before the week's end.

"I don't think supplies are needed, not unless you want to give them more to carry. ... They're preparing for war." The signs stuck out to her, like echos of past memories.

In the crowd she found all civilians, baring only what they could hold in their arms. Around them were Jedi, looking superior and aloof as they oversaw the evacuation. It spoke volumes, one which only made her discomfort grow deeper. "...Let's just find someone and get out of here," she grumbled, her eyes landing on the gathering of official looking Jedi in the center.

Of course they would be the ones to speak to, came the wry thought. She jerked her chin towards the direction, then approached them with stiff, quick steps.

"Do you require more ships?" Came the brisk greeting. If one even called it that.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan

Quill turned from Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt and Weyland Castril Weyland Castril as someone else approached - Sia, followed by Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan .

"Every ship helps," he said, and meant it. Coordinating this evacuation had him at his wits' end, despite the few moments where he knew he was helping someone in a concrete way. There were so many people, and so many needs, that frankly he found himself overwhelmed. He looked up the flank of their Mandalorian medical cruiser, a big silver boat almost a kilometre long. "Especially a ship like yours. As near as we can tell, we're still about eight to ten thousand berths short - how many people could you fit aboard? Just for a short jump," he added. "Lannik, in Silver space. We can cover your fuel costs of course."

Feth, but he needed to get away from the crowd. It really was too much. He scratched nervously at his short beard.

Ever Dawnracer

E
It had been some time since she'd been home. The death of her father, Adder, had been difficult to deal with. Coming not long after the main components of the Republic had departed them, it had felt as if she had lost more than she could take. Thoughts had swirled in her head that should never have been there. Thoughts of doing something she never would have previously considered. It was the cowards way out. Not something that she could ultimately bring herself to do no matter how desperate things seemed to have gotten. The loss of the bulk of their defenses and people had left them desperate and though she and her father had tried to fill the void left behind when the Republic had rebranded itself and left them defenseless, they hadn't quite succeeded.

Admiral Thessela had taken a large part of their fleet and disappeared into the unknown regions with it and the Galaxy Tree station, relocating somewhere no one, it seemed, would find them. They had enough firepower to defend themselves from a smaller fleet and could make a good life for themselves in some unoccupied corner of the galaxy, if such a thing existed. For a while Ever had tried to find them, but no matter where she searched she found no sign of them. Trackers were useless if they were turned off, and the Admiral had clearly not wanted to be followed. It was a betrayal in a long string of them. All it served to do was make her even colder to the idea of trusting people.

After a few years on her own, training her body in her own developed form of martial combat she called Nala-dah, which translated as Resolute Way, she had grown stronger and more confident in herself. It allowed her to free her mind of the hurt that she'd felt at the losses and betrayals. She no longer felt any inclination to care for those who had once been the Republic she'd helped rebuild. They were erased from her mind. All that mattered to her were the people that had been left behind on Teth, Nadiem, and the other worlds that had made up the Republic Remnant, and recently had been part of a group of Exiles. They were her people and she felt a strong sense of responsibility towards them that she wasn't ready to give up. If no one else was going to fill the gap left behind, she would.

When she'd heard a monstrous band of creatures, destroyers whose goal was galactic dominion and slaughter of all who stood in their way, was closing in on her home, she knew she had to stop hiding in the shadows and return home. She didn't have much in the way of forces left at her disposal, but she did still have her Solace-class Corvette, Shadow Fall, and two Cypress-class Cruisers, the Nadiem and the Ciomia, at her command. Not that she was much of a naval combatant. She relied on the Captain's of the two cruisers when it came to any such engagement.

All three ships exited hyperspace above Nadiem to discover a myriad of vessels in space around it. Most seemed to be leaving.

"What's going on?" she wondered aloud.

"Look like an organized withdrawal," Captain Tratorea said. "Or, rather, a disorganized but intentional effort to evacuate."

"If there's a mass exodus from the planet ongoing someone has to be in charge of it. They must have information on this Bryn- what was it?"

"Bryn'adul."

"Yes, that. They must have information on an impending invasion which means we need to help with evacuation and set up defenses at the same time. We don't have the naval forces to fight them, but a concerted guerilla ground effort could cause them a lot of pain over time. Send word to the Nadiem and Ciomia to prepare the Rangers and also to descend for landing. Probably the area around the Jedi Temple would be best. When you've relayed that, open me a channel to the planet. I'm sure someone will be listening."

It only took a minute to relay orders before the Captain replied, "Channel opened."

Ever took a moment to collect herself, clasping her hands at the small of her back. Leadership. She was the leader of this small band of what was once the Republic. She had to remember that. Calmly, she began to speak.

"This is Major Ever Dawnracer aboard the RNV Shadow Fall accompanied by the cruisers Nadiem and Ciomia. It appears that a full-scale evacuation is in effect and we will be offering the two cruisers as shuttles for the populace to use. I have instructed all three vessels to land near the Jedi temple. If there are people still in need of transport, please refrain from approaching until both ships are settled and unloaded. Rangers will be departing the ships before they accept passengers."

She took a deep breath before finishing.

"The Republic-In-Exile will always help her people. Dawnracer out."

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Sia Elise Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt @anyone I missed

Geezum!

To her disbelief, his rough methods worked. The tense and rowdy crowd she had been trying to subdue started to follow Limna as they lead them to the arriving ship.

"Ummmm," came her voice, calling out to him. "That was a bit much!" She had had a much softer upbringing. She approached him, hands on her hips. "We're suppose to be keeping the peace, not shooting at em! Who the fluff are you?" Despite her sharp words, there was no hostility about her.

Kyra spoke her mind and that was that.

"Deputy Maokai Bantam mam, wasn't shooting at em. If I was wouldn't have missed. Things ain't so civilized here on the raggedy edge of the galaxy and I find a bit of action is sometimes needed, you know, to get their attention. " The young lawman said with a smile. As he took a closer look at Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , the young jedi walking over to him he flashed back to times in his past, when another strong minded Zelthon woman with similar expressions and mannerisms had scolded him.

"Say pardon me for askin, but you wouldn't be kin with Auntie Joza, eer, I mean Joza Perl Joza Perl ? To be honest the last time I got a tongue lashing with such a sass was back at her place when I snuck some snacks from storage... Sorry, as for the here and now, I was tryin to prevent any more dust ups. Anyhow we got berth for about 2000 souls on my ship. May not be the most luxurious flight but we will get them so safety."

The Judge continued as he motioned other refuges toward his landing area. The cargo container was filling up fast and he only hoped the next one would be arriving shortly as getting everyone off planet as quickly as possible was the ultimate goal.

Last edited:
The oepie was calmed, and there was a remarkable sageness to Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill 's assessment of the situation. Where Loske would have been frustrated with the nearsightedness and perceived selfishness of the farmer, there was empathy and reason. She felt sheepish at her own internal dialogue at the original introduction of the quarrel. Instead, she let out a low, appreciative whistle.

Then she was looking skyward at the incoming ships, the broadcast channel aglow with incoming transmissions. They were diverted to traffic controllers and coordinates with a better view than her. A smile forged it's way to her mouth. This was how it should be. Everyone with similar motives operating together for that proverbial greater good without borders.

Weyland Castril Weyland Castril 's comment broke her from her thoughts. The grin didn't fade. "Just mathing out our time to takeoff. Habit, really. This is good stuff that's happening here. A lot of helpful faces. I hope we can do this for more worlds."

A woman introduced herself, striking features, with a ship to volunteer. Master Quill was helpful enough to confirm they needed ships, but he was looking kinda out of it now.

"There's a group over in Sector uh.." she looked down at her datapad for a moment, scrolling through the updates. With this many ships, and only 15,000 left to board, they'd definitely make it by the end of the rotation. Many hands made light work. "D-- here, I'll walk with you over there. I've been idle a little too long." She offered to Sia, beginning to step in the direction of the alphabetic sector.

"Food and a comforting blanket are a comfort these people will need while they wait. Plus, if there are any injured, we can pick them up first."

Taozi followed Sia, looking out over the crowd as they walk. So many people, she could feel the nervousness in the air. Anxiety. Fear. Sorrow. All emotions she had seen before, but now she could feel them in the Force. Her training with Manu Xextos Manu Xextos would be particularly useful today, as she began to send waves of calmness through the Force to those around her, even as her and her companion approached an older Jedi and two others.

Oh. They needed more ships? That's a simple solution.

"The ship we've arrived on is best suited for transporting the injured. I can have the rest of my fleet on their way at a moment's notice, and those ships are much more suited for refugee transport. I could likely squeeze in... Probably close to a thousand, depending on how many here are injured or sick. It would likely be quite cramped for them, but they should be fine for a short trip."

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Weyland Castril Weyland Castril

Elise Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Sayja Kelestrin

The bioship was glad to hear the message that came. He'd be allowed to land. "Thank you Captain. Beginning approach." As the Startreader began his approach, he focused on his passenger, Elise. She was the one that got him here, and once her landed she thanked him, telling him to rest and asking if he needed anything. He would speak to her through the Force, sounding quite calm all things considered.

"I am fine, thank you. Just happy to assist. My droids will finish any light maintenance needed." He would sit and "watch" as people got aboard. He waited, just hoping they'd be in time.

Her training with Manu Xextos Manu Xextos would be particularly useful today, as she began to send waves of calmness through the Force to those around her, even as her and her companion approached an older Jedi and two others.

Oh. They needed more ships? That's a simple solution.

"The ship we've arrived on is best suited for transporting the injured. I can have the rest of my fleet on their way at a moment's notice, and those ships are much more suited for refugee transport. I could likely squeeze in... Probably close to a thousand, depending on how many here are injured or sick. It would likely be quite cramped for them, but they should be fine for a short trip."

"No, that's ideal. It'll take a lot of pressure off." Quill's head tilted. Something about her rang a bell. He delved into his own memory, using the Force to strengthen it and deepen his instincts. The name clicked. "It's Doctor Fuyuan, isn't it? We met on Vena, at Manu Xextos' training meeting. Thanks very much for your help today - I'm Quill."

He held out his hand to shake. Fuyuan looked like she had harder edges than her starship, but anyone willing to lend a hand here was a friend by default. Plus Xextos was good people, and any friend of his was usually a friend of Quill's.

Maokai Bantam Maokai Bantam Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

"I'm not convinced that firing guns in the air around a crowd helps to keep them calm. Wild space or not."

The young zeltron girl was like a storm in motion and he had been pulled along in her wake a distance.

Given that the man had brought a ship to save refugees, Trextan didn't apply much venom to the observation. He didn't smile, but he didn't look angry either. He watched the crowd instead.

Sia

S
Sia was happy to walk without comment besides them. She looked stiff and felt equally out of place. Funny her work with Caedyn Arenais was what brought her here. No doubt it was his enclave that was keeping her back safe from old problems. She had seen plenty of Jedi. Begrudgingly worked with a few of them too. The enclave was palatable. She knew them.

She didn't know the new ones around her, and that was all it took for those dying concerns to ring fresh again. They just brought trouble with them, where ever they went death followed.

Exhibit A.

She tried not to look too closely at the world around her. The landscape. The faces. Her attention went to the sky instead. That's where trouble would drop in.

So far, no trouble.

Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Kyra gave Maokai Bantam Maokai Bantam a weary glance over, rocking back on her heels at his words.

"Whoa."

"We really are everywhere."

She strained for a memory that might place his face, but as it often was for those who were playmates of Yula and Dagon, she was far too young to remember a thing. "Yeah... I'm Kyra. Her youngest." She bounced on her toes in a spark of energy, an easy smile crossing her face. And just like that his indiscretion was dissolved. He spoke of other things, but he would find himself pummeled by a hug.

Not a nod. Not a handshake. A full blow, smushing hug.

"I'm not convinced that firing guns in the air around a crowd helps to keep them calm. Wild space or not."

"Hush, sush, it's fine."

They were suppose to be here for refugee help. Kyra pulled back, but instead of returning to the task at hand she gave him an affectionate arm rub, their fingers left barely entwining. It was a bode to home that she, at least, missed. She accepted their familiar connection in an instant, and just like that he would find her loyalty was his. She did not grant him space, blind to the fact that strangers didn't touch like this in the outer rim.

"This is crazy! Wait! Who are your parents??"

Trextan no longer existed to her. He would be use to her jolting attention by now.

Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker (xoxo) Maokai Bantam Maokai Bantam

Last edited:
Most folks would have flinched and pulled back from such instant affection but he was pink skin just like little Kyra Perl Kyra Perl so such attention was unusual, but far from foreign to him. He returned the hug with one of his own, it was good to feel such instant love. He usually used his mental gifts to feel if folks were lying or trying to kill him so it was a nice change of pace to feel such warmth to say the least.

"My mama's name is Layla, she was the one who was kin with Auntie I guess. If not she at least worked for her and was friends enough to be let into the inner circle. My Papa is formal high marshal himself Bryce Bantam Bryce Bantam . Think Auntie Joza was the one who introduced the two so without her no me, right? You're little Kyra hun? Grown up beautiful I see, not surprising I guess given how beautiful you all are. Think the last time we met I was still a little poodoo hanging with your older sis. Damn small universe."

Mako didn't try and break the lock Kyra had on his fingers, nore did he seem bothered by her proximity as she meant him no harm. Instead he two let his world shrink a bit allowing the connection to draw him in. Kyra would notice emotions of sadness and anger when Bryce's name was mentioned. The high marshal was a sore spot for Mako, given he was mostly an absentee father. All other would be as warm and joyful as her greeting.

"So working with the silvers, good crew, fine jedi folk. The treating you ok?"

As Mako climbed back into reality he made note of Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker and acknowledged his words, if maybe a little late. He knew the face, maybe from a mission but could come up with a name. With his free hand he extended it to Trextan in a more common handshake gesture.

"Sorry for the mix up, just trying to get these folks outta here as best I can."

"You're doing a great job, Loske. I think." He wasn't entirely sure what a bad or good job looked like where this was concerned, but he was trying his best to just be supportive. This was her gig, not his.

Weyland nodded, scratching the nape of his neck as Loske walked off with someone new. The Jedi Knight wasn't so used to the socialising, or organising evacuations. He knew how to fight, protect. This was all a little bit out of his domain, it wasn't too dissimilar to what they had going on at Kintan, but as far as these things were concerned he kind of had no idea what to do.

Weyland shrugged to himself, deciding to silently follow behind Loske and Sia.

First time for everything.

Tag a'wag - Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt / Sia

Ever Dawnracer

E
Two large cruisers landing at the temple wouldn't go unnoticed, but the picket corvette that landed with them might have otherwise. It settled between both of the larger vessels, flanked for security. The smaller ship was clearly the weaker of the three, and yet it was far more important because of the sensors package and other equipment installed within it. These were the reason that Ever had chosen one as her personal ship despite the limitations it had. They were an exiled force, as it were. Being able to watch your surroundings without them watching you was essential to survival when you didn't have the kind of fleet the Republic Remnant had once had.

With the ships landed, she clapped Captain Tratorea on the shoulder. "Keep it ready to go, but I intend for us to remain here. If you or any of the crew wishes to escape the coming battle, you can leave and board the Nadiem or Ciomia."

"Understood."

She spun about and vacated the ship in quick fashion. The other roughly one hundred Rangers, the last of the Remnant's most elite soldiers, had funneled out of the two cruisers and settled into parade formation in front of each, remaining at the ready but not moving until orders were relayed. They were well-trained, loyal troops, and they were very good at what they did.

Ever looked towards the temple and the various other ships that were loading personnel. In the crook of her arm, she held the helmet that was part of the Ranger armor she wore. On her hip was her gun, and in her other hand, she carried her stave. Around her neck, impossible to detect except for the Jedi it would confuse, was her gaiter. She looked every bit the soldier that she was. The only thing missing was the dirt and grime that usually accompanied long hours, or days, in the field. There were several people milling about that seemed to be directing, but she had no idea which was in charge.

A few of the locals recognized her, though. Nadiem had been, and always would be, her home so it made sense that a lot of people knew her. Many of them worked on her family's farm. She inquired as to who was in charge and was directed towards a Jedi with a grizzled beard that seemed as though he'd seen his fair share of trials. After directing the locals to board one of the ships, she made her way towards Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill . He was engaged in conversing with others, so she politely stood nearby and waited. One did not simply walk up onto a Jedi and begin making demands of them, she knew. Plus it wasn't polite.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Maokai Bantam Maokai Bantam

"Thats quite alright," replied Trextan. He was not sure that it was, but it wasn't worth discussing in any more detail now.

When he had been over the far side of the Rim he had seen force users calling themselves Judges and being all to keen to draw a blaster to keep the law. It wasn't his place to get so involved now.

With the two Zeltron busy being Zeltron for a moment, he meandered back up the line to ensure order was being kept.

Silence was uncomfortable, which usually made her awkward. She turned to Sia "I'm Loske, by the way." She introduced herself while they walked. "And this is Weyland."

She'd almost considered mentioning how many times Weyland had experienced the Bryn'adul, but perhaps afterwords that would be a better conversation additive. As they maneuvered, streamlines of people were filing in a shuffle toward ships ready to accept them. Some had their arms full of items, others were more spartan with their loads.

"Appreciate your help - where are you from? What kind of ship've you got?"

Weyland Castril Weyland Castril

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom