Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MysticTuningGloves.webp
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Gloves
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Low
    • Kinetic: Low
    • Lightsabers: Low
    • Elemental: Very High

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Uses Etheric technology to imitate effects of the Force Pulse ability without use of the Force.
  • Right Hand = Push
  • Left Hand = Pull
STRENGTHS
  • Able to replicate, to some degree, the Force Pulse ability for non-sensitives.
  • Push and Pull are able to be used simultaneously.
WEAKNESSES
  • Susceptible to Ion/EMP damage.
  • Does not replicate any other Force abilities.
  • Right hand is restricted to Push, Left hand is restricted to Pull.
  • Takes a bit of training and practice to be able to use effectively.
DESCRIPTION
Upon reverse engineering the Etheric Modulation Component, Force-Tech was able to miniaturize it and get it to produce pulses that affected matter by using the Aether to either push or pull on it, depending on the frequency used. The thirteenth model was capable of using these pulses to effectively mimic certain Force abilities, specifically the Push and Pull mechanic of Force Pulse. The tech was fitted to gloves to be worn on the hands. The right hand was tuned to a frequency for Pushing away from the user, and the left hand was tuned for Pulling toward the user.
Force-Tech started producing these to hopefully give non-Force-sensitive soldiers of the Rimward Trade League's League Defense Force a bit of an edge against the Empire and Sith. They may also be effective for Mandalorians fighting against the Empire and Sith, if integrated into beskar'gam.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Interesting, however there are some problems.
  • You have to add the Force Alchemy to the Materials. Because no matter you wanted to use the Etheric Modulation Component, this is not how the Force works. And you are not able to use the Etheric Modulation Component to this.
  • The Force/Alchemy/Imbuement are restricted materials, and because of this it cannot be Mass Production. Please modify it to Minor, but rather Limited scale, and modify the Affiliation as well.
  • And this is an armour, so please edd the following fields to the submission:
    TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    • Classification: (Anti-Blaster, Anti-Ballistic, Multipurpose, Other)
    • Weight: (Please choose a weight between Extreme, Very Heavy, Heavy, Average, Light, Very Light and Weightless.)
    • Resistances: (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme. Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.) Resistance Ratings Extreme will require the submission to be Semi-Unique. This Resistance Rating is considered very strong and are usually dealing with unique items that should be restricted to Player Characters only.
      • Energy: (And other Blaster type weapons) How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage?
      • Kinetic: How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage?
      • Lightsabers: How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage?
      • Other: How much protection does the armor provide against this type of damage? (Examples: Sonic, EMP/ION, Elemental. You must disclose each specific type that applies to this submission with its own rating.)
  • Please add to the submission how strong the Force Push and Force Pull.
  • Please mention in the weaknesses only Force users are able to use itt.
  • And please add to the weaknesses what happening with the gloves under Force Suppression/Force Nullification effects.
  • And please link the website where you found the art, not the art itself.

MANIAC MANIAC It does NOT use any Force Alchemy or imbuement. That isn't what this is. It's technology imitating the effect of a force ability. Which is feasible. I did add a little more wording to make sure that that fact is easily understood. This does NOT use the Force whatsoever. Also, it isn't armor. It's a glove. It can be added to armor though. It's like a HUD visor. Can be a part of armor, but isn't itself armor. Unless you want me to copy/paste the resistances of the base material.

MANIAC MANIAC I went ahead and added the resistances the material has. They'd be the same. Someone else explained to me why it would be considered armor. Doesn't really make sense to me, but it's no big deal to add them.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Thank you! And ok, so it is the most simplest miniature Tractor beam/repulsor technology (Iron man style glove), just you wrote it in the most difficult way. The rest:
  • But it is an armour, because you will use it in combat, and this will be the top rating of the attire or armour. So if someone attacks the character's hand, the glove will be the first to be hit by the attack.
  • You are not edited the image source.
  • Your ratings are overpowered (+1), please edit.

MANIAC MANIAC I reworded the description a little to hopefully make it easier to understand. It works by producing certain frequency that affect the Aether. This causes the Aether to be able to physically interact with matter, by either pushing or pulling on the targeted matter. So hopefully that is clearer.
I am not sure why the image link keeps failing. It did that once already. I fixed it, and it worked just fine. But then it failed again. So, I just linked to the site instead of the image. Hopefully that works.
I thought it looked a little overbalanced. I had not noticed that the judge had allowed them to have an extra point, because it was still more or less balanced anyway. But changing weight to light will be fine.
I think that takes care of everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom