Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Eternal Profits

oleksiy-rysyuk-shot-00-spaceship-fr-0.jpg

More often than not, Maliphant chose not to do business under his true identity - as he subscribed to the theory that sith were often more powerful when they were in hiding. Although the name ‘Maliphant’ carried with it a dangerous connotation of a terrorist turned alchemic Sith Lord; Dorian Harper carried no such issues. On the contrary, Dorian Harper was known as a well received ‘play boy’ from the Core - living the dream as the Director of the IGBC, riding hard and riding fast.​
In truth, his social media persona was a meer fabrication - the results of a number of AI generated Deepfakes and HRDs to appear as such. Today, he would dawn that same persona - a young and vibrant man with a coy grin that never seemed to cease; much to the dismay of his business partner, Caulder Dune. The Deputy Director, an crotechy, angry old man was none other than the ex-Sith Emperor Darth Adekos, something Adekos himself hated to admit. Maliphant, however, enjoyed to tease him with that information.​
Behave yourself, Mr. Dune.”, Dorian offered the man who twiddled his thumbs on his cane.​
The Eternal Empire can be a profitable venture, if you allow it. Try and smile - you’re prettier with a smile.”, he quipped as he stood.​
The Oasis Class shook their Jaeger branded shuttle with an ever so slight rocking - guiding them to the hanger they would be parked. A few radio calls between the landing officer and the pilot of their ship, and they had landed - perfectly safe and well adjusted. Much better than the atmospheric breaches they had done on Empress Teta when it faced economic ruin after the Galactic Alliance so willfully decided to eliminate a local warlord.​
With a hiss, the door depressurized and a walkway extended, Harper and Dune taking their place besides eachother as they walked into the confines of the Vexillium, the luxury starliner who’s namesake owned it. Dorian, ever the charismatic businessman, quickly called out a greeting to their hopeful partner -​
Miss L’lerim, it is a pleasure to finally meet you in person! I hope we haven’t kept you waiting. Mr. Dune is a bit slower than he once was.”, Dorian jested, once again at the expense of Adekos, and offered his hand out to shake the woman’s - would she accept it.​

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Caulder Dune, in his visibly considerable life, had never been angry or a Sith Emperor. Such accusations were transparently baseless. Crotchety, however, was accurate. The aged Umbaran followed Harper down the ramp, relying on an ornate cane for support, with a grim but otherwise professional expression.​
A dark and faceless protocol droid followed directly behind Caulder.​
Darth Tacitus was gone with the wind, and that was cause for celebration. Especially if the Empress-Regent was amenable to adopting policies of social and economic liberalization. What joy it would bring to the galaxy at large if the Eternal Empire could transition to a healthy state capable of prosecuting its military for the heinous war crimes conducted on Bakura.​
But that was the cart before the horse. Baby steps first.​
He rolled his eyes at the witless banter of his colleague, droning in a weary monotone. “Yes, excuse the infirmities of my age. It is a pleasure.”​

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand, Lord Commander
The Red Witch; The Night Queen, Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
pNqA2Tw.png
Equipment: Polyweave Business woman attire | Shield talisman | Taozin amulet | Empyrean gland
Tag: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Caulder Dune Caulder Dune
dRUm20K.png

This meeting was one of the most unexpected things in Ingrid’s life. It came as quite a surprise when the board of Vex sent a message that they had successfully brought together a meeting at the IGBC. She knew the council had such plans, but she hoped they had forgotten. She had no luck, which is why the red-haired woman was on board the Vexillium again now, waiting for the two men, who also arrived at the pre-arranged time.

Although she did not recognize Caulder Dune Caulder Dune in this figure, she had already met the man once during the siege of Bastion. If all is true, the former emperor also used AMCO AMCO 's ship to escape the planet after the Kyber Dark. The woman had little recollection of that journey, wounding her life on the planet when she kept the NIO men away from where Adrian, Adekos, and Aren were. Only Adrian's intervention saved her life. On the yacht, en route to Dromund Kaas, she was still talking with her lover's apprentice, Aren D'Shade Aren D'Shade , but then she lost consciousness again and only recovered on Dromund Kaas.

The fact that she, too, was there during the siege and on the side of the TSE may have raised quite a few questions, since at the time the EE was an ally of the NIO and not of the TSE. And she was in the rank of second-in-command in EE even then, and yet she fought on the side of the TSE throughout the war. Luckily only on Bastion could anyone see her face, few, Aren and if all is true Adekos. No one else, she knew about the girl that she wasn't going to talk about, but she didn't know if the former Sith Emperor would or not.

As for the other man, Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , she read quite a lot about the man when she was still working for the CIS. But unlike Adekos, she had more information and knowledge about Dorian Harper than about the Sith Lord. Well, but everyone in those circles is hiding who they really were, so it was probably not surprising that no one could feel from the direction of Ingrid that she is a Force Sensitive either. She hid herself in the Force. Although the Overlord didn't need to change her appearance.

So this wasn't entirely true now, because it had looked completely different since Endor, her physical appearance was semi-immaterial, without features, completely shady and half smoke, similar to the smoke demons. Luckily, she “inherited” a shape-shifting as well when her body changed, so she could always use her original form. The red-haired woman was not affected by the dark side because she still had to “steal” negative emotions from others to do so. She could only use it to a limited extent anyway, formally qualifying as a Force Entity.

First the younger man arrived there, the older one a few steps behind. By decency, she first extended her hand to the older man for a handshake and then to the younger one. Miss L’lerim, someone called her like this long ago, but now she was here primarily for a corporate affair, not as an Empress Regent. So she didn't correct the man's words for Lady or Overlord, after all, she was a nobleman.

”Gentlemen, it is my pleasure! You do not owe an apology. It is an honour that you have come. Please follow me!” her voice was still distant and cool, though much less military than usual.

If the two men followed, they didn't have to go too far from here, Ingrid led them to a modern but tastefully furnished, spacious office, where there were also some service droids inside, holding a tray in their hands with drinks and food.

”Please, take a seat!” She waited for the two men to take their seats, she only sat down after her.

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Plutus Incarnate
Appreciating the view, Dorian gave the ship a discerning look to every piece of the ship he passed by. Surely, he had been on ships of equivalent luxury - but he hadn’t been exposed to the imperial aesthetic the Eternal Empire laid on their own ships. Gilded and golden, it reminded him slightly of the First Order - but unlike the First Order, Harper had no qualms with the Eternal Empire.​
Other than Darth Tacitus being less than willing to make a deal in regards to the IGBC in its opening months - but time flies when money is to be made. He had already forgotten much of the problem already, bringing a coy but quiet grin to his lips - just as he found his seat and crossed his legs.​
You have a wonderful ship, Empress Regent.”, Dorian made sure to mention - motioning with his off hand to the decorum that surrounded them. His other took a glass of what he thought was water - though upon taking a sip of it, he found it full of much more Gin and tonic than he had expected.​
Subtly, he set it down and made sure not to offend by making a face. He preferred to keep his wits about him when he was facing unknowns, and drinking was not intuitive to keeping his wits about him.​
So, I gave Mr. Dune a brief overview of what you were hoping for in your messages, but feel free to summarize your offer. I understand you wish to buy a large amount of shares in the IGBC through the HPI Consortium?”​

Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand, Lord Commander
The Red Witch; The Night Queen, Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
pNqA2Tw.png
Equipment: Polyweave Business woman attire | Shield talisman | Taozin amulet | Empyrean gland
Tag: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Caulder Dune Caulder Dune
dRUm20K.png

”Thank you, though not my ship, Vexillium’s executives bought it, despite my fierce protest. I suggested that they could spend their company’s money on more meaningful things, but there is nothing to do, men and their toys…”

In short, that was the truth. Another issue is that the ship has been maintained in horribly large sums, yet it is worth it because it has brought greater benefits than its maintenance. The five may have scattered the money a lot, but they also had a great understanding of how to keep it and make huge revenue. They were strange figures. She actually understood exactly why her husband hated them, as well as why they nurtured a close friendship with her mother. But that was not important now, the present was important and what was happening in this room.

The Overlord nodded firmly at Mr. Harper's words, though she had also learned financial matters because her parents had tried to prepare her for everything, if only because she was once the heir of the Clan L’lerim. She will now be the Empress of the Eternal Empire. Times change.

”Yes, this is actually the case, although Vexillium’s executives actually want shares in the IGBC, but since the structure of the Consortium is such that I have full control over the subsidiaries, formally it may indeed be more accurate that HPI wants to buy it, although the beneficiary will be the Vexillium.”

It was at least a good decision on the part of Vex, IGBC was a very ancient and old company - this is not the current company, but if we look at history, the name was confident - , it was on solid feet, so investing in such a company was not something that a sack cat , or it could be called gambling. It was a sure investment.

”I know that the Emperor was reluctant to do business with you in the past, I can assure you that I am different from him. That is why I want to bring the interests of the Eternal Empire and the IGBC closer together. You represent stability in the Galaxy. Thus, I would be happy if a cooperation and partnership was established between the Eternal Empire or even just the HPI Consortium and the IGBC in the future. Of course, if you were interested in something like that.”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Caulder sat himself down and smiled weakly. Frugality was such a rare thing in this galaxy. Maybe the Empress Regent was correct, perhaps she truly was different from Darth Tacitus. But such matters required certainty. And that could only be obtained by asking.​
"How many civilians were killed during the Eternal Empire's invasion of Bakura? Do you keep records of such things?" He gently inquired, as if asking about something as bland as the weather. "The Emperor was, indeed, reluctant to do business with us. But after the atrocities he committed on Bakura, he was disqualified from any hope of partnership."​
The electrocution of a democratically elected official, just for example. Only Tacitus could be so blandly cartoonish in the pursuit of pointless evil. Caulder relished his absence more than could ever be understood.​
"Fortunately, you are not him, and so that unilateral exclusion need no longer apply. But even still, your previous complicity cannot be denied. What assurances are you prepared to give that there will be no more Bakuras? That Darth Tacitus, should he return, will not be permitted to continue his previous foreign policy of psychotic, war-worshipping misanthropism?"​
The Banking Clan did, indeed, represent stability in this galaxy. It was important to Caulder that such messaging not be tainted by the activities of their shareholders and partners.​

Last edited:
Plutus Incarnate
Dorian knew Dune would bring it up after their meeting, but he still couldn’t help but clench his jaw and give the man a disapproving look - though subtle as it were. Adekos was an oddity, a Sith Lord with a moral hypocrisy that could make a Zambrano blush - and yet here he stood, so confident in his convictions when something greater was at hand.​
Still, Dorian wasn’t the kind to undermine his partner in the middle of negotiations, so instead he glanced back to Ingrid with a smile - unhinting at any of the annoyance he may have had beneath that force mask of his. If Maliphant was going to talk about this at all, it was going to be to Adekos later, and in a tone neither of them wanted to hear.​
Mr. Dune brings up a good point, Empress Regent. The IGBC serves as a neutral party in economic affairs, and if we show any inclination of support for the genocidal - it can harm our other dealings, as I hope you understand.”​
Ignoring one of the best assets the IGBC had was the galaxy’s largest weapon manufacturer.​

pNqA2Tw.png
Tag: Veles Oshu Veles Oshu | Caulder Dune Caulder Dune
dRUm20K.png

The question did not come unexpectedly, fortunately she was a perfect master of every part of her body, thanks to her training. Thus, it did not appear on the woman's face or body language how this issue affected her. If she could, she would have erased from everywhere the embarrassing event that was on Bakura, as well as what had happened on Orellon II. shortly before the Emperor's disappearance. Where the man also gave the order to kill the entire population and bomb their cities because they attacked the delegation.

There, Ingrid gave the people of Orellon II a chance to withdraw what they had done, not to get in the Emperor's ear and not to retaliate. But the Rebels had stuffed the mind of the queen of the planet with their own things until the woman did not back down. True, thanks to the Rebels, many fled the planet, but a significant portion of the population was lost. In both cases, she voiced against it when they were alone with the Emperor. She looked into Adekos' eyes with a cold gaze.

”I didn’t look at the data for either Bakura or Orellon II. However, in both cases I was protesting against the acts. I was not present at Bakura, and at Orellon II I did everything I could to avoid genocide because I knew exactly what the Emperor was going to do. Like him, I am a soldier, but unlike the Emperor, I condemn the genocide, or the involvement of the civilian population in war. Wars are fought by soldiers, and the slaughter of civilians is simple cowardice and invertebrate.”

Towards the end, her voice might have been even colder and icier than before, but there was still no emotion in her. Sure, she wasn’t a simple soldier, much more than that, but not many people knew about her true abilities. It wasn't even sure that AMCO AMCO recognized everything in her, but Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano , on the other hand, yes. The red-haired woman nodded that after Bakura, the IGBC would not have even talked to Tacitus; to tell the truth, she would have done exactly that.

”I guess you also have intelligence, you can look at how many cases there have been civilians involved in the fight, or exposed to danger when I was the commander of an offensive or defence. You won't find one. I’m straight on the battlefield as long as I lead the Eternal Fleet and the Eternal Army, there will no longer be an event like the one in Bakura and Orellon II. Both locations are a disgrace to the empire that I have to live with, even if I had nothing to do with it. I cannot turn back time, all I can do is try to alleviate the horrors of the Emperor as much as possible.”

A great example of this was that she fought on the side of the TSE in the war against the NIO and not against the Sith. And that wasn’t just because of the double agent work. That the Emperor would not return… this was the easiest to keep. Unless someone recalls or summons the man from the Netherworld.

”In this case, I assume you will be as happy as the supreme circle of the Sith Empire. The announcement will be official in a few days, but almost everyone in the Eternal Empire already knows. Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe is dead, his ship came out not so long ago, which disappeared months ago. The Emperor, the crew of the ship, and the Empress were also trapped in another dimension. The ship exploded, the Emperor gave his life from the other dimension to get the reconnaissance team off the ship alive. The STRATCOM will announce in a few days that, based on the Emperor's last will, I will moving forward from the Overlord position to the rank of Eternal Empress.”

The Overlord finished here, she didn’t add, and if the Emperor ever returns, the STRATCOM would arrest him for crimes against the Eternal Empire. The two men didn't have to know that. After that, she turned to Harper and nodded to him.

”Of course, I understand Mr. Harper, which is why I answered in as much detail as possible. Returning to the Emperor for a moment. Unlike him, I don’t stab our allies in the back, never. If that were the case, I would not have recommended the engagement to AMCO AMCO , who, as we know, is one of the leaders of the Sith Empire and will soon be one of the prince-consort of the Eternal Empire because of the events that have taken place. I know these are just words, but I am confident that I can prove my claims in action over time.”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

The Deputy Director listened quite intently as Ingrid spoke. He did not flinch from her cold stare, instead studying her expression much like an interrogator would. Caulder gradually came to lean forward, hands folding together on the table.​
She was clearly modulating her response, but… Something in her choice of words indicated, to Caulder anyway, that she meant it. Or enough of it that she would make an acceptable business partner.​
This was not the milquetoast disavowal he would have expected from a mindless loyalist.​
Caulder broke the staredown at mention of the Emperor’s supposed death, exchanging a knowing glance with Dorian. Sith like Tacitus had a habit of overcoming such things (it was always the worst ones), but for now the path forward was unobstructed.​
When he looked back to the Empress-Regent, it was no longer so scrutinizing. He returned to a more reclined position.​
How many shares would the HPI Consortium like to purchase today?”​

Plutus Incarnate
Maliphant watched with an unnoticed electricity in his muscles. Taught and flexing, as though he were about to fight - but the man didn’t even carry a weapon, let alone the intent of breaking his wonderfully crafted disguise. No, this was the stress of battle of a different kind - waiting to see what Adekos would do with her answer.​
And yet, when she was done speaking, he could visibly see Dune soften. The man was as hard as the cybernetics that lined his sith form - and seeing him roll over from her answer brought a genuine, albeit muted, smile to Dorian’s lips. With a nod to Dune, he glanced back -​
A noble sacrifice of your once Emperor, Miss L’lerim.”​
He wanted to say he hoped he would learn some compassion and humility in the Nether, but that wasn’t likely. Maliphant had spent what felt like years there once upon a time after his fight with Cedric Grayson on Hoth - and he came out all the more cut throat for it. Albeit, more willing to commit subterfuge rather than crashing dreadnaughts into planets like he had done on Ession.​
And to think, Adekos was his business partner.​
73% of shares are still publicly traded, and with a bit of gumption we can likely wrestle together a good amount for purchase - however, there is only a total of 1.5 million shares. The value of each fluctuates greatly, so the asking price may be high. A small forewarning, but in no means a deterrent to the well off.”, Dorian offered.​
It was a quick message that purchasing even a small portion of the IGBC could come at a great initial investment.​

pNqA2Tw.png
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid was also aware of the fact that a person like Tacitus might be able to return from the Netherworld, since the man had once died anyway. But now she felt it could be different behind things. She had always kept a great secret of what she was capable of in the Force, it was common knowledge, of course, that she was a disciple of the Emperor, but it was not possible to know what she was capable of. Even on the battlefield, she always used Force only as a last resort. She didn't like to reveal her cards.

Returning to the present; yet, however, she felt that the situation was different, that it would not be so easy to bring the Emperor back from the dead. She didn't know why, but she felt it. She wasn't really sure if the man's soul had been transferred to the Netherworld. She didn't try to make sure of it, if it did and the man wanted to come back, sooner or later the Emperor would catch Ingrid from there anyway. If that happens, she’ll deal with the matter, but until then, she had to control an Empire and the woman couldn’t sacrifice it for a single person.

The old man stood at the woman's gaze. There weren’t many who were able to do all this, at least based on the Overlord’s experience. Who was this man? Especially that Dune’s focus broke when the red-haired woman mentioned Tacitus’ death. She was sure the two men knew what the power of the Darkside might be capable of. She really wouldn’t have been surprised if they weren’t who they seemed. From a person who had healthy paranoia because of her occupation, perhaps such an idea was not surprising.

”If nothing else interested him, the Empire was always in the first place for him.” she said in measured voice.

She nodded at Mr. Harper's words. Of course, it was such a lie that she was amazed that the ceiling would not collapse. The man was interested in destroying the Force and shaking the chains off the Galaxy what the Force caused. Unlike the man, Ingrid was really interested in the welfare of the Empire and the citizens. She was very different from her emperor and master. And the two men agreed that Ingrid could buy shares.

She nodded again, fully understanding what the man was referring to. Then a faint smile could be seen on her lips. The aloof, unreachable, and brittle Overlord, seemed much more humane in one fell swoop. As a result of the smile, her features also softened somewhat, and so she seemed to be a sentient being instead of the unattainable ruler. A smile with men lying at her feet, or she could just get anyone if she wanted to.

”I'm not greedy, much more a rational woman, Mr. Harper, even if I had enough money to buy the entire IGBC, I wouldn't intend to. I was thinking of a 1-2% share, but I will not insist on a 2% if you judge this to be too much at first. If I have been able to prove what I said and I have won your trust, we can still return to that question. I have no objection to it. Going back to percentages, if the data isn’t cheating, that means 15k-30k shares, right?”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Veles Oshu Veles Oshu
Well, if she wasn't going to insist, there was no need to over-sell. A one percent share was more easily obfuscated if the Empress-to-be walked back on her previous sentiments., and more could be sold if she did prove reliable. Nowhere to go but up, as the saying went.​
"I think one percent will be more than sufficient for the time being," Caulder droned. "Mr. Harper?"​

Plutus Incarnate
One percent? Oh, most definitely, Mr. Dune.”, Dorian said with a quick and reassuring nod.​
Yet, mid nod, he stopped - as though something dawned on him. The banker glanced between them, then back at Ingrid -​
Unless, of course, I could make a counteroffer?”, he said with a cock of his brow.​
If you sell the IGBC 10% of the stake in the HPI Consortium - and of course work with us on future dealings with the Eternal Empire; I’m sure we could raise that offer to say… Oh -”​
His gaze moved back to Dune for only a moment, as though he needed confirmation only in the quick glance to his partner.​
2 or 3%, surely - and a liaison as a chairmen of the board. AMCO AMCO could be an excellent choice, if you'd permit it.”​
3% of the IGBC was more than a few billion credits worth of value - as the IGBC owned the largest companies in the galaxy, multiple deals with major governments, and the ever-present ambition of expansion. The offer was more than a small number - it was power and influence surpassing the borders of her new Throne.​

Last edited:
pNqA2Tw.png
dRUm20K.png

She nodded at Mr. Dune's words to be one percent. In fact, even this 1% was an amount that exceeded expectations. So in her eyes, it was already a huge experience of success. She knew that one of the options was that her request would be denied and she could not buy anything. Thus, any share they receive has been a victory for the HPI Corporation.

Her lawyers drew her attention to something else she wanted to ask, but Mr. Harper preceded her, and the man brought up exactly what she wanted. All the companies in the HPI Consortium and the three clans were involved in this issue, so there was a pretty big discussion about this before. There, company leaders and clan leaders came to the conclusion that a maximum of 12.5% could be offered to the IGBC in the event of such a possible option.

Over the past centuries, no outside organization has ever been able to buy shares from HPI or its subsidiaries, so this decision was difficult enough for them and it was of immense importance that they agreed to it. She didn’t know if the IGBC would ever have any idea what that meant to them. Unlikely, but it wasn't important. AMCO AMCO ; was that why they went into doing business because they knew they were going to get married? Of course, this information was open and well-known, but she saw a chance that it might have contributed to the decision.

”Is it not in conflict with the IGBC's rules and interests for such a relationship between prospective spouses within a company? Especially given that under the marriage contract, our assets will not be shared, so we will both have our own interests within the IGBC. Nevertheless, if this also meets the legal conditions, I have, of course, no objection to Mr Vandiir’s role in that direction.”

She waited a few moments; if they were to break up or quarrel, it could cause inconvenience. Divorce is unlikely to happen because their marriage was purely diplomatic, well true they love each other, but the marriage is diplomatic. But even then, Adrian 600, Ingrid will live for about 1000 years. They will probably even survive the IGBC, a lot of things can happen in such time. And she liked to look to the future as well, not just to watch the present moment. The whole picture has always been important.

”The sale of the HPI’s 10% corresponds to the order of magnitude that HPI’s Board of Directors is willing to sell to the IGBC in such a business.”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Plutus Incarnate
On the contrary, Empress Regent -”, Dorian offered back, the slightest twist of a smile on his lips; like he knew something almost too sweet to keep to himself.​
- the conflict of interest would be in having the soon to be Empress serve on the Board of Directors. Oh what with intergalactic politics and so on - it could give off the wrong impression; while with Adrian, there is a small but tangible degree of separation.”​
He glanced to Dune once more, as though to finalize the deal, then back to Ingrid -​
Assuming my partner has no qualms with this, then I believe we are set. 10% of the HPI Consortium as a limited partner, Adrian Vandiir as a liaison on your behalf, and the promise of expanded business in the Eternal Empire after your ascension. Mr. Dune?”​
Dorian turned in his chair to face him now, cocking a brow and waiting for a response.​

Veles Oshu Veles Oshu | Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Caulder must not have possessed any reservations regarding what Dorian's amended proposal, as his only response thus far was to glance at his compatriot in his cool and reserved way. There was a quibble to be had in terms of representation. Obviously a head of state could not, should not be on the board. Then again, neither should their fiancé.​
In terms of optics and conflicts of interest, this battle lost from the start.​
"The greater the degree of personal separation from the Empress-Regent, the better," Caulder intoned. "I will suggest appointing a separate functionary from the board of HPI. But you may just as well appoint Mr. Vandiir if you so desired. The difference will be negligible."​
Cede a little bit in the theater of public relations for now and they would have more than enough capital to make it right later.​

pNqA2Tw.png
dRUm20K.png

To tell the truth, she felt it was quite a double standard. Sure, she was a head of state, that is, she will be (to her greatest regret), but Adrian was too. After Darth Prazutis and the new Empress, the Sith Lord and his peers of similar rank had the greatest word in the empire. In fact, he was a member of the government when they looked at it all from that direction. Of course, she understood that as a ruler he could not be on the council and she had to nominate someone there, but she would not have let the head of a state there either.

This, of course, was not against her fiancé, as she wanted to support the Sith Lord in everything he could. After all, she loved the man, but! But there was on the other side that she knew it, too well. In any field she was entrusted with AMCO AMCO and in the man’s word, she would have entrusted her life to the man as well, but not her companies. This may have sounded rather strange, but since they both had an interest within the company, it was a conflict of interest for the woman. Because Adrian, well, was Adrian. Her fiancé served primarily himself and nothing and no one else.

Even when the interests of the Sith Empire and the man’s own ones met, Adrian’s interest was more advanced. How could she have entrusted her own companies, what the Clans and their allies had created over the centuries, to a person they didn’t care about? Or only until the man sees an opportunity for himself? She perfectly accepted that the Sith Lord was like that, but that didn’t mean she was confident she would come out of it well. Because she certainly won't.

The situation was eventually saved by Mr. Dune, who suggested that she then appoint someone else for this task, a liaison who could be less tied to HPI and the woman. Actually, Ingrid was a shape-shifter, so she could handle the thing without anyone realizing it. If they don't meet in person, Adrian won't know either. Even if she changes her DNA, changes the Force-pattern, she won't be able to trick the Force-bond between the two of them. But she was sure her fiancé would understand and not give her up to the rest of the IGBC.

”In this case, I would rather use Mr. Dune's suggestion, and yet I do not choose Mr. Vandiir as a liaison, but an independent person I know. Basically, I wouldn’t mind Mr. Vandiir, but I know him too well and I know what to expect from him, and that doesn’t match what HPI would expect or hope for. He knows that, and so do I.”

She did not say out loud that this is why they will not share their companies or assets under the marriage contract. Maybe one day they will start a company together, but the time has not yet come for that. If they are lucky, there are centuries left in their lives and to make it happen.

”The details and name of the gentleman I would suggest as a liaison are already being asked, or is it enough after I have talked to him about whether or not to take on this assignment?”

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

pNqA2Tw.png
dRUm20K.png

Back then, it was still postponable, not urgent right away. Of course, she had no problem with the chosen gentleman, he had a perfectly clean past, a handsome and excellent party, among other good qualities. In fact, he was actually Ingrid's best friend, whom she almost married (out of political interest) even before she got to know Tubrok. Cal Osborn was a perfect choice, on the one hand the man would certainly be in it, but he would also certainly have accepted Ingrid to take on his form if necessary and replace him. Although the man was the son of one of the HPI board members, he did not keep in touch with his father. Cal had no role in HPI, and was known to have a cold and distant relationship with his father. And she trusted him the most.

She also had to quickly think through it if there was anything else the woman wanted from the two men. She actually thought that now what could have been discussed. HPI will be pleased and have managed to find even more work for the woman. But no, there really wasn’t something that would have been urgent, or more important than what was happening here now.

”No, I think that's all for today, gentlemen. I assume IGBC lawyers will contact us soon.”

They’re always just lawyers, but one thing’s for sure, they won’t get bored, and they’ll work for the money they earn. Since she had no affairs like Adrian on Zeltros so far, so she thought they were overpaid. But after the HPI steps out onto the Galaxy stage, she won’t be able to say that anymore.

OOC: And since Cal is a living / existing person, I will write to NPC soon (before December 7th). And later, of course, I will make it clear that either the real or Ingrid will be present in each/every thread.
lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom