Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ERS (Emergency Revival System)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9JWjbj5RieS3.png
k65aS1HajgqB.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an emergency automatic treatment. Useful for lone fighters, since it can be used on themselves or offensively.
  • Image Source: Resized images. Both found with Google Images. Liquid and Patch
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: ERS (Emergency Revival System)
  • Manufacturer: Reav Medical
  • Affiliation: Zet Reav - Elysium Faction
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-Unique (Players only)
  • Material:
    • Bacta
    • Adrenaline
    • Pharmaceutic components and drugs.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Medicine/Drug/Stimulant
  • Method of Consumption: Injection
  • Average Life:
    • Can be kept in vials for six months. One week if left exposed.
    • Average effect of two hours (sometimes less, varies based on gender, race, height and general build)
    • Possible side effects remain until proper medical care is given.
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: It is the equivalent of mixing bacta, adrenaline and a handful of curious malpractice for the purpose of creating a new drug for emergency healing. It is very nutritional, almost aggressively so, keeping patients alive and "well" enough to walk, or fight, with desperate skill.

The side effects include are: Hallucination, trouble breathing, vomiting, confusion, chest pain, irregular and/or fast heartbeat, uncontrollable muscle movements, convulsions, paranoid alertness, agitation, dizziness, fever, increased thirst, headaches, severe insomnia, nervousness, excessive malfunctioning organs and limbs, irritability and temporary incapacity to feel pain.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Using several doses in a row lead to longer effects (+half the total time each new dose), followed by several side effects ganging up on you.Once the effects are over, severely wounded patients will feel extremely tired until they rest. Side effects, if applicable, begin at some point during this resting period.
  • The patient's body absorbs the drug quickly. To build an antidote, or to replicate it, one would need a pure sample of the drug or a blood sample extracted when the drug was in full effect.
  • When it takes effect there's a sudden jolt of adrenaline first, and only then the healing begins.
  • It is made of the medicine (Revival Drug) and the injection system (Revival System).
STRENGTHS
  • Brutally Effective: For it's whole duration the drug forces the body to heal as well as possible, depending on the wound and physical possibility of cure. One dose is enough to rapidly increase the amount of time it takes for wounds to heal, but scars are less likely to heal properly.
  • Automatic: The Revival System (The injection mechanism) acts automatically when the system host's heartbeats stops.
  • Safety first: EMPs makes the injection mechanism stop working. It is not designed to inject a patient on accident or by malfunction.
WEAKNESSES
  • Brutally Effective: It does it's job no matter what. If open wounds go untreated when a dose is applied, it can lead to hemorrhages or other problems depending on the wound. If the drug is injected on someone healthy it will work, but lacking what to heal it will hold your body hostage and demand it to start over-working anyway, imposing some of the listed side effects within minutes. This can be countered by performing intense physical exercises or getting wounded.

Species with advanced regenerating abilities will feel their natural healing increase drastically for as long as the drug affects them, with side effects more likely to happen due to the over-healing mentioned above.
  • Time Limit: The time limit on Zet, and those of similar build, is of two hours. Currently the drug lacks proper tests to measure an exact time limit on others, making the time limit a guess game. Bigger individuals, such as Wookies, will benefit for less time. More tests, and ethics, are required.
  • Not Immortality: The 'Revival' name was just a matter of self-branding to make it look more interesting for possible buyers. Despite the catchy name it is not truly a a revival. It can only save, or try to, those close to death or those recently dead (seconds, or minutes) as long as the wounds can be healed by medicinal means.
  • Possibly Illegal: Have you seen the side effects list?
DESCRIPTION
A little invention from Zet to give himself a better fighting chance against the dangers of the galaxy. Putting his natural Arkanian fascination for 'Mad Science' to good use he came up with the drug and the delivery system for it. To note, healing is the drug's main function.

It has two parts: The Revival Drug and the Revival System.

Revival Drug is a green drug liquid always kept in a vial to be poured inside the Revival System's drug compartment.

Revival System is a patch, roughly with the size and thickness of Zet's thumb, with basic medical tech to count someone's heartbeat and activate a syringe when it gets dangerously low. It is to be attached to a patient, preferably on top of the heart of specific veins to count the heartbeats. It's size allows it to be used under armor and clothes discreetly. When the heartbeats stop the Revival System instantly pierces the skin with it's tiny needles to inject the drug.

The Revival System mechanism can be used with other drugs, but due to it's small size and tiny compartment for drugs, it's best used with medicine which only require small, individual, doses.

Last edited:
9JWjbj5RieS3.png
k65aS1HajgqB.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an emergency automatic treatment. Useful for lone fighters, since it can be used on themselves or offensively.
  • Image Source: Resized images. Both found with Google Images. Liquid and Patch
  • Canon Link: -x-
  • Permissions:-x-
  • Primary Source: -x-
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: ERS (Emergency Revival System)
  • Manufacturer: Zet Reav
  • Affiliation: Zet Reav (Creator)
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Minor (Faction - Elysium Empire)
  • Material:
    • Bacta
    • Adrenaline
    • Pharmaceutic components and drugs.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Medicine/Drug/Stimulant
  • Method of Consumption: Injection | Inhalation
  • Average Life:
    • Can be kept in vials for six months. One week if left exposed.
    • Average effect of two hours (sometimes less, varies based on gender, race, height and general build)
    • Possible side effects remain until proper medical care is given.
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: It is the equivalent of mixing bacta, adrenaline and a handful of curious malpractice for the purpose of creating a new drug for emergency healing. It is very nutritional, almost aggressively so, keeping patients alive and "well" enough to walk, or fight, with desperate skill.

Side effects include, but are not limited to: Hallucination, trouble breathing, vomiting, confusion, chest pain, irregular and/or fast heartbeat, uncontrollable muscle movements, convulsions, paranoid alertness, agitation, dizziness, fever, increased thirst, headaches, severe insomnia, nervousness, excessive malfunctioning organs and limbs, irritability, temporary incapacity to feel pain, and, in case of overdoses, eventual death.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Using several doses in a row lead to longer effects (+half the total time each new dose), followed by several side effects ganging up on you.
  • The patient's body absorbs the drug quickly. To build an antidote, or to replicate it, one would need a pure sample of the drug or a blood sample extracted when the drug was in full effect.
  • When it takes effect there's a sudden jolt of adrenaline first, and only then the healing begins.
  • Once the effects are over, severely wounded patients will feel extremely tired until they rest. Side effects, if applicable, begin at some point during this resting period.
STRENGTHS
  • Brutally Effective: For it's whole duration the drug forces the body to heal as well as possible, depending on the wound and physical possibility of cure. One dose of it is, roughly, equivalent to a day in a bacta tank, but scars are less likely to heal properly. In a fight it allows the host to fight for longer, ignoring pain and wounds. Skin deep wounds heal almost instantly.
  • Automatic: The Revival System acts automatically when the system host's heartbeats stops.
  • Area Effects: Infecting several individuals with a single dose, such as proper grenades filled with the liquid, provide the same effects but for less time.
  • Safety first: EMPs makes the injection mechanism stop working. It is not designed to inject a patient on accident or by malfunction.
WEAKNESSES
  • Brutally Effective: It does it's job no matter what. If open wounds go untreated when a dose is applied, it can lead to hemorrhages or other problems depending on the wound. If the drug is injected on someone healthy it will work, but lacking what to heal it will hold your body hostage and demand it to start over-working anyway, imposing some of the listed side effects within minutes. This can be countered by performing intense physical exercises or getting wounded.

Species with advanced regenerating abilities might (50% chance) suffer internal pain when extra organs grow. Everyone else has no miraculous growth of new organs or limbs as the drug only pushes their bodies to heal faster, but within their bodies limits.
  • Time Limit: The time limit on Zet, and those of similar build, is of two hours. Currently the drug lacks proper tests to measure an exact time limit on others, making the time limit a guess game. Bigger individuals, such as Wookies, will benefit for less time. More tests, and ethics, are required.
  • Not Immortality: The 'Revival' name was just a matter of self-branding to make it look more interesting for possible buyers. Despite the catchy name it is not truly a a revival. It can only save, or try to, those close to death or those recently dead (seconds, or minutes) as long as the wounds can be healed by medicinal means.
  • Possibly Illegal: Have you seen the side effects list?
DESCRIPTION
A little invention from Zet to give himself a better fighting chance against the dangers of the galaxy. Putting his natural Arkanian fascination for 'Mad Science' to good use he came up with the drug and the delivery system for it. To note, healing is the drug's main function. The offensive uses were discovered later, as a happy (not for the victims, perhaps) surprise.

It has two parts: The Revival Drug and the Revival System.

Revival Drug is a green drug liquid always kept in a vial to be poured inside the Revival System's drug compartment.

Revival System is a patch, roughly with the size and thickness of Zet's thumb, with basic medical tech to count someone's heartbeat and activate a syringe when it gets dangerously low. It is to be attached to a patient, preferably on top of the heart of specific veins to count the heartbeats. It's size allows it to be used under armor and clothes discreetly. When the heartbeats stop the Revival System instantly pierces the skin with it's tiny needles to inject the drug.

The Revival System mechanism can be used with other drugs, but due to it's small size and tiny compartment for drugs, it's best used with medicine which only require small, individual, doses.

Hello! Very interesting idea, however there are several issues that will need to be addressed prior to approval.

• OOC Information:
    • Canon Link, Permissions, Primary Source: Please put ‘N/A’ here, rather than ‘-x-’ so as to be more clear.
  • Production Information:
    • Production: If your intent is for this to be used by any member of the Elysium Empire, then this is not the appropriate place to place your (Faction - Elysium Empire) notation. Move this to the 'Affiliation' section alongside your listing for 'Zet Reav'.
      • Also, please link the Elysium Empire’s faction page.
  • Technical Information:
    • Nutritional value/Allergies/Et Al...: Please revise the last part of this section from: “and, in case of overdoses, eventual death.” to something along the lines of: “and, in case of overdoses, increased risk of eventual death.”. The reason for this suggestion is because, according to the site’s roleplay rules, one cannot force another character to be killed against the will of the person who controls the character. This revision may seem overly technical/nit picky, but in compliance with this rule, It would be best to give as much distance as possible between this submission and the rule itself.
  • Strengths:
    • Brutally Effective: ”Skin deep wounds heal almost instantly.” - This seems a bit too excessive to me. Upon review of the Bacta wookieepedia page, there is really no mention of how long it would take to heal these wounds in a fully immersed state within a bacta tank, but i’d imagine it would take a tad longer than ‘instantly’. I would recommend keeping the description a little more vague, stating something along the lines of ‘the compound rapidly increases the amount of time it takes for skin deep wounds to heal’ and let it be up to interpretation by the individual person who uses it. If there is a canon reference that i am unaware of which establishes something to the contrary, I am open to reconsidering this if you can please furnish this reference for me to review.
    • Automatic: I’m assuming this is referencing the ‘Revival System’ you expound upon within the description. The revival system should be explicitly listed under the ‘Special Features’ section for quick reference.
    • Area Effects: I would venture to say that an application in which a medicinal compound in aerosol form is dispersed with a grenade is problematic to say the least. To begin, there are many variables at play with regard to how an aerosol compound is dispersed to begin with. Most medicines in such a form are only effective if directly inhaled, such as with an inhaler. Some are effective if used with a diffuser or humidifier, but most medications I'm aware of that are effective in such a capacity pertain directly to respiratory problems, and are most effective when directly inhaled vs indirectly diffused into the area, which is usually an enclosed area as well. I say all of this to make the point that, I would argue the effects of this drug would be drastically mitigated if delivered by means of a grenade, or a slow release smoke system of some sort like a smoke grenade. Unless someone is standing in a confined space, or literally right next to the cloud in an open area, then the effect would be almost useless - like if they were standing six feet away and wind was blowing. Even further, I'd venture to say the effect would be drastically reduced unless directly inhaled. Please modify your submission to reflect all of this.
  • Weaknesses:
    • Brutally Effective:
      ”Species with advanced regenerating abilities might (50% chance) suffer internal pain when extra organs grow. - Are you implying that species which are supposed to have extra organs, will be able to regrow lost organs? Or is this a side effect? If the first is true, please remove entirely, as I am not aware of a canon instance where a bacta-based medication could do that. If the second is true, same answer. Even if it’s a side effect, this is a bit above and beyond what i’ve seen for star wars. If there is a canon reference I am unfamiliar with that disputes what I’m saying, please provide for me to review.

OOC Information: Fixed!
Production: Fixed, I think.
Technical Information: I completely understand. Should have put a better description there, but now I have edited it. Removed 'death' to leave more room for interpretation to the players.
Strengths:
  • Brutally Effective: Removed the part about skin deep wounds and left a general 'One dose is enough to rapidly increase the amount of time it takes for wounds to heal, but scars are less likely to heal properly.'
  • Automatic: Added the drug and the system to the Special Properties section and added a note '(The injection mechanism)' here
  • Area Effect: Removed the aerosol part, purely a liquid to be injected now.

Weakness: Hopefully corrected and fixed it with a better idea, leaving room for player's interpretation.

OOC Information: Fixed!
Production: Fixed, I think.
Technical Information: I completely understand. Should have put a better description there, but now I have edited it. Removed 'death' to leave more room for interpretation to the players.
Strengths:
  • Brutally Effective: Removed the part about skin deep wounds and left a general 'One dose is enough to rapidly increase the amount of time it takes for wounds to heal, but scars are less likely to heal properly.'
  • Automatic: Added the drug and the system to the Special Properties section and added a note '(The injection mechanism)' here
  • Area Effect: Removed the aerosol part, purely a liquid to be injected now.

Weakness: Hopefully corrected and fixed it with a better idea, leaving room for player's interpretation.

Everything looks good.

Normally we try not to spread commentary out across more than one post, so I apologize in advance, but there is one final thing.

After deliberating with the factory team, there is some consensus in that this submission, due to how powerful it is and the potential impact it could have, should be listed as Semi-Unique so that it can only be used by player characters.

Please revise accordingly. Once done, we should be good for approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom