Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Enjoying the View (Character Introduction)

SETTING: Frundle's Cantina, Keren, Naboo

c0af1c5a136f84f4693b67fae9d28a8d.jpg

Diamis sat back in a small booth, allowing her normally perfect posture to relax. She took a tiny sip of her drink. She wasn't a drinker by any means, always wanting to keep her faculties about her, but knew that a person sitting alone in a cantina without a drink would draw suspicion. Her heritage certainly didn't help.

She glanced over to the musicians, watching the way their fingers moved along each instrument, plucking the sounds of out thin air. They swayed to the sounds they were making, their instruments playing them as much as they played themselves. They appeared to have no control, but Diamis knew better. Every movement, every step, every tilt to the side was rehearsed, prepared, waiting to be done for an audience. Or at least, if they thought like she did they were. She didn't criticize them for their more relaxed nature-- not every musician was like her-- but instead knew it was something she could learn from. She generally tried to avoid working cantinas, but if she needed to, it was important to remember.

Diamis took her eyes away from the musicians to look back around the cantina at the other patrons. It was both out of a sense of curiosity and an obligation to be prepared for anything, just in case. She didn't think that something would happen, but something in her gut told her that if she didn't prepare, something would.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

R E L A X A T I O N
ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen

Cantina life was something Gerwald rather enjoyed. It was the closest thing to life on Stewjon he could find when his duties prevented him from returning home. That was almost constant since becoming the Lord Commander of the Knight Obsidian. There was always one drawback to any cantina he entere. Their mead was nothing like home. It was why Gerwald ensured there would be one on Naboo that would get his home brew just right.

Frundle’s Cantina in Keren.

Gerwald needed an escape from Theed more often than not, and when his time allowed for it, Keren was the perfect location. If he was needed, the wolf was easily found, and yet the distance was enough that the citizens of the city did not see him as nothing more than his title. They saw him for who he was without it.

“Master Wolf,” the booming voice of a burley barkeep boomed. “It has been far too long. I was beginning to think you were starting to get bored with the mead.”

“No Yosef, life has been busy, and I have been drowning in paperwork. Had I been told the amount of reports to sift through everyday, I would have turned the job down flat, but here I am…”

“And doing a damn good job from what I hear.”

“Sure…”

Gerwald was not about to argue whether that statement was true or not. There were many who criticized his focus, and others who praised it. The lupine had learned to take compliments with the same reluctance as he did the complaints. Perhaps that was healthy, but the wolf was certain it was not.

A large glass of mead was set in front of the lupine, which elicited a gratuitous nod from the Lord Commander. Normally he would have been content to nurse it at the bar, but something in the force was gnawing at him. Gerwald had learned he could not ignore even the most subtle of disturbances or feelings, so he turned, scanning the room with his eyes.

A Chiss…

There had been many displaced because of what the Brotherhood of the Maw had done to Csilla. Gerwald had been on the surface just before the planet was destroyed. Most did not venture to the Southern Systems. It was a curious thing indeed. There was another mystery surrounding the woman, however. Gerwald intended to uncover its secret.

Steady steps carried him to where the woman was sitting. Without asking, he pulled out a chair and sat across from her. The two lightsabers which would mark him as a Knight Obsidian hung from his waist despite his informal and off duty appearance. His glass of mead made a slight thud against the table as he set it down with a small amount of gusto. A light chuckle escaped his lips as a bit of the liquid sloshed out of the mug.

“Is this seat taken,” the question came as blue orbs met with crimson hued eyes. “Gerwald Lechner. My friends call me Ger.”

Fiolette Fortan

F

40oX25i.png
mNwQWPB.png

Naboo, always as elegant and beautiful as it ever was. Fiolette had stopped off at the Confederacy's capital to check on a few of Primo Victorian's subsidiary operations. Dressed in a suit, she began to loosen up her tie and roll up her sleeves, casually revealing both her tattoos and muscular form. The Galidraani let her hair down pulling unfurled strands of red onto her right shoulder. She surveyed the cantina and spotted the usual fare for a place such as this, but nothing so shady at the least for this part of Naboo.​
A man looking very much like the one-time leader of the First Imperial Knights, and a Chiss, did catch Fiolette's attention. She gave them a subtle nod and carried on toward the bar. She was sure that her pilot, Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn , and guard Phoenix Edorath Phoenix Edorath were somewhere about the city of Keren if not somewhere within the vicinity of the cantina. Knowing Mr. Bloodborn, he would most likely make his way here, the man could smell a cantina at least two parsecs away.​
"Dunwall Rye, on the rocks," she ordered something that was rare in the Southern Systems but common in the Northern, Imperial territories. She slid the barkeep more than its worth in tip as she took the drink in hand. Casually, she strode back toward the Varick Lechner Varick Lechner look-a-like and the gorgeous Chiss, Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen , and pulled up a chair opposite of the man but adjacent to the Chiss. "Well, I do hope I'm not interrupting. "My name is Fiolette," she introduced herself matter-of-factly, before taking a coaster from another table and setting it then her glass of Dunwall Rye down upon it.​

TAGS: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Fiolette Fortaun
Approximate Outfit

His heavy footfalls were the first thing that alerted Diamis to his presence. Confidence, but comfortability. His voice, the second. Familiarity. Boldness. Perhaps... tired? There was something else, an undertone that she couldn't quite put her finger on. She wouldn't have cared to, until he promptly sat down across from her, a droplet of mead falling onto her finger.

She looked up to him (even seated, he was clearly taller than she was) and tilted her head just a bit to one side.

"It appears to be taken now," she simply replied. "You've sat in it."

It was then that something felt off about him. Diamis kept her face as neutral as possible, but an uncomfortable feeling settled into her gut. It momentarily stopped when another person joined the table. The woman was clearly strong, and her visible tattoos were extremely well-done. She'd managed to sneak under her radar, as opposed to the louder man. One to keep an eye out for.

Were humans in Keren always this sociable? She smirked slightly. Should prove interesting.

"You've not interrupted a thing at all. We've just met." She nodded once at each of them. "Diamis. Pleasure."

0-Metus-Top.png
0-Metus-Side-Suit.png
NABOO

Tag: Kyyrk Kyyrk , Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Fiolette Fortan, Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen

You need a drink.

After word had reached the former Vicelord's ears that the Miraluka had been training under his Apprentice, Isley had to stifle a chuckle. When it came to throwing hands, his alabaster student was the best of them. And, having watched how she educated fledgling Knights Obsidian before, he knew that she was a tireless task mistress. In essence, she lived up to the moniker of Dread Queen in every way - and therefore, Isley almost pitied his old friend.

Thus, when the call of duty called Srina away briefly, the Dar'manda swooped in to liberate his apprentice's apprentice.

Try saying that three times fast.

The locale today was a simple cantina on Naboo. Nothing too fancy - and nothing too far away from Golbah Hill that Voph couldn't jog back into place if need be. Garbed in streetwear of all things, the sable-skinned man sauntered into the watering hole flanked by his old friend. Sulfuric eyes swept about, seeking a table, when he overheard the tail end of Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner 's introduction. And frankly, the man couldn't help himself.

"You have friends, Lechner?"

"Bullchit."

Beaming from ear to ear, Isley lowered himself into the booth adjacent to the Lord Commander's table. He then rendered a polite nod to Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen and Fiolette Fortan.​

0-Metus-Bot.png

kobanner.png

R E L A X

Wearing
The funny thing was, often times Kyyrk pushed himself harder than Srina would have. Or maybe that was the anxiety and pressure talking. The two men entered the cantina, and Kyyrk paused as his eyes adjusted. Light sensitivity still bothered him. A wry smile spread across his face as Kyyrk heard the same thing Isley did. "If you have to buy them, they don't count." Kyyrk walked past, giving the wolf a hearty pat on the back as he followed Isley towards a booth.

The Mirith sat down, pulling a datapad out of his belt as it chimed. "For the love of all things..." The datapad was set to silent, but not before Kyyrk scanned the message he'd been sent. Whatever it was, he didn't offer a responding message, thus it must not be important. The datapad was set on the table, and Kyyrk leaned back into his seat, reaching up to fix his hair into its usual ponytail. His apperance and garb suggested he'd been training in some manner, and the lightsaber upon his back confirmed what kind.

Kyyrk's attention turned to the wolf at the table beside them. "By my count you still ought have a month or two before your allotted time off. Should we consider this a leave of absence?" Kyyrk's grin betrayed the jest in this statement. His gaze drifted briefly towards the chiss woman the wolf spoke with, and the other human sitting next to them, but he didn't engage with them directly. Not yet, anyways...

Crane Baxa

C

TAG: Darth Metus Darth Metus Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen Fiolette Fortan Kyyrk Kyyrk

Breath. It is safe here, far away from Korriban. Need to relax, don't give the people here any funny ideas.

The Chagrian had not stopped moving for several days, more so akin to running. Every moment for the last three days has been nothing but getting the planet of Korriban and himself, as far away as possible. He had done enough to anger both sides and that is not an understatement, having already destroyed a powerful artifact the Sith could have used, protecting his now adopted daughter from the New Imperial Order, and having to outrun some of the Jedi who was strangely blood hungry. Regardless, that might as well be on the other side of the galaxy now, which is what he had intended since the start.

Sitting at the rounded bar area, he had awaited the bartender to come over and take his order. Signaling with a simple point, the droid bartender went over and grabbed a shot glass with a bottle of Fire Dancer, pouring it as the drink appeared to smoke from the shot glass. Taking a gentle sip, he tapped the countertop twice with his thumb, leaning into the bartender as he got an automated response, much to his displeasure.

"Sorry, we no longer divulge information from purchasing Fire Dancer."
"Since when? This used to be...a very elaborate place!"
"We have changed hands approximately fourteen times in the last three hundred years. To which inquiry of ownership do yo-"
"Nevermind, just...let me enjoy my drink."
The droid bartender would walk away with the Chagrain rubbing his own forehead. It has been only a few years since he had awoken, made it his lifes mission to protect that girl and find out the truth from his father. Truth was far worse than he had thought, the galaxy had apparently went mad along with his father, turning into some follower of Ashla and possibly committed genocide. He had ended that on his own terms, having been forced to strike down his father to prevent an artifact being used by the religious cult. It was not an easy task and he still felt a bit of lingering injuries from the battle...something he still wish he did not have to do. Worse off, he had seen the worst of the Jedi and Sith all at once on Korriban and did not once wish to revisit it.

In honesty, he needed someone to talk to but it was hard to do in a large cantina and feeling much older than appeared. He could hear chattering but did not attempt to listen in, he was lost in his own thoughts and drink currently.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
R E L A X A T I O N
ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen | Fiolette Fortan | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Crane Baxa

There might have been a quicker introduction, but several things happened at once. It seemed the chiss did not mind Gerwald joining her at the table at least, though the area did start to fill up fast. The wolf nodded in the direction of Fiolette Fortan. She was stunningly beautiful, though Gerwald was rather certain men were not her preference. They had run across each other a couple of times, though Gerwald was unsure if they had ever been formally introduced.

“Well met,” he answered them both, half tempted to try Diamis’ name out loud to see how it rolled off the tongue. It was an odd quirk of his.

A familiar voice, and presence, pulled the wolf away from his thoughts. Darth Metus Darth Metus , the former Vicelord of the Confederacy strolled into the cantina with another in tow. He chuckled at the joke, though part of him seemed to mutter something under his breath.

“I have friends.”

It was barely audible. The jest was not totally undeserved however. For whatever reason Gerwald had very few friends that were not female. Given the grief he still received over the public knowledge of his past relationships with a pair of “sisters” he often found himself questioning why he had a harder time making friends with those of his same gender. It wasn’t like he had not tried, or maybe it was exactly that.

Kyyrk Kyyrk was the next to speak to him. This was another jab, but when they came from him they seemed to hit more personal than they should. In truth, Gerwald had accumulated more than his allotment of time off. It was rare he took a vacation. Duty had become his task master, and Gerwald gave into it more often than what was healthy. It was a thought that made Metus’ words sting a little more.

He rarely made time for friends. If he had them.

“Friends… lovers… and none of them paid for. Though we did pay dearly after that one break up…”

Gerwald smirked and took a healthy drink from his glass of mead before turning his attention back to the Chiss.

“So what brings you to the capital of the Confederacy? Wanting a little tourism? Business? Pleasure?”

The wolf was more than certain everyone would pick up on the massive open door he left for them all. Everyone needed a good laugh, even Gerwald needed one from time to time.

About then another (Crane Baxa) entered the cantina. This one seemed... out of place. Gerwald would keep a close eye on him.

TAGS: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Fiolette Fortaun, Darth Metus Darth Metus , Kyyrk Kyyrk , Crane Baxa

Diamis shrugged with one shoulder as the chatter continued. Each person came in with a unique energy and bravado. She made a mental note to check in on cantinas more often if she was going to get to observe a world of people like this. There was tension, that was clear, but the way the man -- Ger -- spoke made it seem like they were at least colleagues, if not friends. They certainly knew one another on a more personal level than the average acquaintance, otherwise the jab wouldn't have been made in the first place.

She took another sip of her drink as the human spoke, her eyes briefly flickering over to the newest arrival to the cantina, before going back to him.

"A bit of each, I suppose," she said, her voice steady with the predictability they would expect from a Chiss. "If I am to work in a place, I should see what its best features are, no?"

Fiolette Fortan

F

40oX25i.png
mNwQWPB.png

In quick fashion, the men joined the table and Fiolette wondered if the rumors of men in the Confederacy sitting themselves down for every other woman in the galaxy was true. Or, at the very least, the rumors of affairs starting entire wars had been true. Whatever the case might be, Isley and another fellow took no time at all in giving the Varick Lechner Varick Lechner look-a-like a jab or two, verbal knives notwithstanding. The cantina's cozy atmosphere continued to warm her spirits, either that or the Dunwall Rye was particularly good in the Southern Systems.​
"Some of the best features, are often, not something of which can be seen or measured," added Fiolette softly, as she then drank the rye in good time. "Long time no see, Isley." She greeted him casually with her cheeky tomboy smile, she was surprised he had stuck around Naboo given his rather recent departures. Then again, she supposed, not every leader who stepped down had to have the entire military chasing after them.​
Her focus shifted to the others present, a polite nod toward the man who had yet to introduce himself, "although I am at a disadvantage, sir." Fiolette gave an inclination of her head in Kyyrk Kyyrk 's direction. Fiolette sat back in her chair and ordered up another Dunwall Rye. "Wonderful to meet you Diamis, if I might ask, what sort of work are you looking for?"​

TAGS: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Fiolette Fortaun, Darth Metus Darth Metus , Kyyrk Kyyrk , Crane Baxa

"Does every new being to Naboo get such a friendly interrogation?" Diamis half-joked. It was a natural reaction for people to be curious about her. And luckily, it went to her advantage. The more people who wanted to learn more about the "mysterious yet inviting" Chiss woman who sat by herself in their bars and cantinas, the more people came to her shows, the more money she made. The progression was easy.

However, she would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy the attention. She was, after all, a performer. "To be truthful, I'm a singer," she replied, giving the woman a polite smile. "I like to see the reputations and clientele of performance spaces before trying to get work at them."

Crane Baxa

C

TAG: Darth Metus Darth Metus Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen Fiolette Fortan Kyyrk Kyyrk

Taking another swig of Fire Dancer, his eyes started to trail across the room. Humans, various species hanging around and...a Chiss? A female Chiss? That seemed beyond strange to the Chagrian whom did not stare at this, merely shrugging his shoulders. Most Chiss back then would be caught dead looking like that almost anywhere, what happened to the Noble Houses? The man could ponder all night about it but the fact still stood, one was sitting right there, strange as could be and out of place as can be. Taking another glance towards her, he noticed something else a bit more alluring that was apparently keeping an eye on the Chagrian. A very tall, human looking male.

Statured frame, looking rather muscular as Crane was scanning the male over. Must been over six feet tall, great hair and beard, dirty blonde looking. The more he kept looking, the more he seemed allured at such a unique person across the cantina. Was this man staring at him for a possible reason with those blue eyes once in a while, did he seem out of place himself as much as the Chiss? Then it finally hit Crane, becoming a bit flustered as he turned slowly back towards his drink and attempted to down the whole shot glass.

Okay, back to reality Crane. You lost those chances when you changed, not three foot four anymore.

Finishing his drink, he tapped the counter for a refill. As he awaited, there was a small bump into his chair as he noticed a very old scrubber droid cleaning around his feet. Feeling some memories coming back, he heard the droid bartender say something offensive about the scrubber droid as he picked it up to examine it. It seemed to be badly in need of repair as Crane forgot his worries for a while, pulling out a small rolled up bundle of tools from inside his robe along with a datapad. Being a former thief and computer genius had its perks.

"You have had a rough day my dear droid. Let me fix you up."

kobanner.png

R E L A X

Wearing
Kyyrk lifted a hand in greeting, the other one wiping several beads of sweat from his brow. "Kyyrk, Knight Obsidian. A pleasure to meet you, Miss Fortan." Clearly Kyyrk was familiar with the woman's impressive reputation. Yet at the same time, his attention turned back to Gerwald. He recognized it, but he would not kiss up to it. Or perhaps he did not care. The haunting glow of his purple eyes lingered upon Diamis for a moment, his brow furrowing together. It dawned on him that this was the first Chiss he'd seen since the old days. How few of them were left after what happened to Csilla?

His attention was taken momentarily by the large Chagrian's entrance, and his gaze followed him to the bar. A practiced habit, one that demanded he know all comers and intimate knowledge of his surroundings. His attention was turned back to Gerwald momentarily as he posed a question, though he was not sure of the Chiss, or of the room as a whole. His eyes narrowed in a slight confusion. Kyyrk wasn't sure how to feel about the wolf.

One the one hand, he was slowly coming around to the idea that Gerwald may not have been the worst choice for Lord Commander. But ever since Kyyrk had returned, the wolf had harbored a certain resentment for him. And he still had no idea why. All the more reason Kyyrk pushed himself until his very soul ached. Clearly, there was an expectation upon him that he did not live up to. Or, perhaps the two had held a rivalry before Kyyrk had left? He had no idea. He turned his attention to the Chiss. "Well, let me assure you that our reputation is outstanding, present company not withstanding. So long as you're a better singer than I am, you should be alright."

Fiolette Fortan

F

40oX25i.png
mNwQWPB.png

A singer. Fiolette let the small notion of the surprise wash along her face, it was a pleasant surprise to be sure. She hadn't come across many in the profession admittedly. "A singer?" Then the cogs began to turn, but of course, it was always up to the person, "well then, we should make some time to get to know one another." The Galidraani woman relaxed in her chair and took a moment to withdraw a small holocard from the inside of her vest. A pocket lined in just for the purpose, she then handed it to Diamis.​
"If ever you wish to talk let me know, I own a resort company and we're always looking for talented acts in which to entertain our guests," she then finished off the glass of Dunwall Rye and looked about the table. "If that doesn't suit your purpose, then you should still speak with me. I happen to know a few producers in Seoul who work with different label companies." The card itself was on behalf of GCG Crown Resorts Intergalactic, while the back of it simply read a subsidiary of Primo Victorian Enterprises.
Fiolette gave a nod toward the men at the table and then a smile toward Diamis. "I really wish I could stay and enjoy the chat, however; I must be on my way. My wonderful beau is expecting me to arrive on Epica for our trip back to Dantooine." The woman pushed back gently from the table and rose to her feet. "Pleasure meeting with you Kyyrk, perhaps we shall have an opportunity to speak with one another."​
"I will give Arthur Badaire Arthur Badaire your hellos, Isley. " a smile toward the former Vicelord with the mention of their grandson.​
A nod toward the Varick Lechner Varick Lechner look-a-like and then a slight inclination of her head toward the Chagrian. "Seat's available if you wish to join them, I promise they don't bite... much anyway." Fiolette playfully teased with a wink as she paid her tab and headed out of the cantina, collecting Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn and Phoenix Edorath Phoenix Edorath as she did so.​

Diamis chuckled lightly at Kyyrk's comment. "I promise, sir, my voice does not betray me." And, without missing a beat, the tactician in her silently rose. "I've got a show in two nights' time here, if you'd like proof for yourself."

Her attention was then directed to Fiolette, and she took the offered card. She looked it over, then nodded. "You will most certainly hear from me, new friend. I hope to see just what your resorts have to offer." She slipped the card into a small pouch at her hip, making a mental note to do some research on the properties later. Naboo was certainly an excellent place to stop.

"You've all heard about me," she said, glancing around the others nearby. "What brings you all here, other than a good drink?" She held up her own and took another miniscule sip.

kobanner.png

R E L A X

Wearing
Kyyrk offered the man sitting across from him a sidelong look. "I'm being held hostage against my will." Kyyrk offered a wry grin as his attention was drawn back to the Chiss. "No but in all seriousness, though, someone took it upon himself to give me a day off. Well. An hour." Kyyrk's gaze drifted towards Gerwald, knowing that while such an answer would be satisfactory to the Chiss, it wouldn't explain much of his true situation. Truth was, he'd been pushing himself to train so much, he'd hardly seen natural daylight in a week.

"Though wherever the notable parties of the Confederacy are, it would seem I'm not far behind." His eyes lingered on Gerwald for a moment, as if making some sort of unspoken statement. But what his hidden meaning was, if anything, was not immediately obvious. Kyyrk turned his eye back to the Chiss. His brow furrowed slightly as he considered something. "I may see if I can make time to attend, and witness the truth of your statement myself..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom