Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Engineering the future

dima-tchi-lab-tchi.jpg

Schesa - Office of the Chancellor of the Left

Though he seemed to have it under control, the very hunger and bloodlust writhing within his flesh was endangering his sanity more and more every day, eroding not just his humanity, but his resilience against the darker desires which sprang forth every time he let himself go, every time he allowed the mutation to manifest and satiate itself on the blood, lifeforce and energy of others. With his fingers tapping on the edge of his desk, the man looked at images, schematics and graphics his personal AI KRONOS was transmitting. There was a possibility of surpassing the mutation, outlasting and even dominating it, but such a task would take time and effort. Time he did not have in spades and the effort seemed to incorporate a few facets he really did not like.

Apparently there were a few ways to combat the mutation, though only a few of them seemed to be barely feasible at best. The most promisin one would need the Chancellor to actually indulge upon the very desire he was so keen on surpressing: to completely indulge himself into the Force itself and to drain hundres, if not thousands of their energy. However, there seemed to be no precedent that these hundreds or thousands had to be alive persay, as the energy in question was not to satiate his hunger for life, but his need for an endless supply of the Force itself. That, made an opening, it created an option he had not yet considered before, but to do so, would mean he had to be confined for a large duration of time, until such moment that his physical form would have managed to adapt to the new reality he would undoubtedly create.

According to a few of the researchers he had secretly managed to set onto this grandiose work, it appeared that at the very least one of the things he may do to prolong his will and existence while being stuck within such a state, would be to subject some specimens to his very essence, to further study wether or not there are those who are capable of withstanding or at the very least adapting to the very mutation which plagued the chancellor to begin with.

Letting our a sigh, the man looked at the jewel he was wearing upon his chest, thinking about how he'd manage to contain such an immense torrent of the force and how one would begin to contain him, when no doubt his mutation and mind would meld into some sort of violent state that would no doubt pose a threat to any foolish enough to be nearby.
"Contact Secretary Tranquillity and send a missive to Lady Auriel...tell them that I, the Chancellor of the Left wish to arrange for an urgent meeting and that I will not tolerate any tardiness in this regard," Having sent his orders with his datapad through to the reception at the main building of the chancellery, Credius leaned back on his chair, continuing to look at the images and schematics KRONOS was presenting him, wondering how much he had to divulge on this project.

Artificial Intelligence

Tags: Credius Credius Auriel Auriel

"You requested me Sir?"

Tranquility showed up on a holo projection. She asked with a smile on the holo projection of her usual face. She regarded the other AI with interest. Curious what it offered that she didn't. The projection of her face looked the Chancelor over observing him as well. Tranquility had to admit that she hadn't had much interaction with the man to this point so she wanted to take some time to make notes.

"I hope you are well today, How can I help you I wasn't given any details other than a meeting request. "

Now was time to wait for the other person. Probably an organic so now they would have to await for them to arrive. It must be hard having to walk everywhere and only being in one place at once. She was curious why they didn't want to be more like her, an existence who's only limitation was processing power and connectivity.

U N I O N

Tags: Credius Credius , Auriel Auriel , Tranquility Tranquility
Dress:
Link

The shuttle's ramp lowered, and Ben stepped out into the bright sunlight. He could of taken the short twenty to thirty minute walk from the Intelligence and Security Center, but where was the fun in that? He had been contacted by one of the chancellor of the left's assistant, a bit last minute, that he was to urgently attend an important meeting. He took the turbolift up, something he did possibly a hundred times a day, and found himself at the chancellor's office. He stepped in and did a short bow, "Chancellor Nargath, a pleasure as always sir." He took a quick glance at Tranquility, arriving via holo projection yet again. Ben always wondered what was so important the secretary was doing that she couldn't use one of her new droid bodies Ben's department had made. Either some top secret project the director was aware of...or she was simply lazy, although he wasn't aware artificial intelligence were capable of such things. "Ah, Secretary Tranquility, I'm happy to announce your droid bodies have finished the development phase and are at your disposal."

BlpVHqS.png

tumblr_oc2rvxg3y71uumqtpo1_540.gifv
ANSWER SUMMONS

A sigh escaped her hidden lips. If only she could use that useful little trick that Malthael had come up with- even Imperius’s flashy version would have allowed her to get to the Chancellor’s Office on time. Not for the first time, she cursed her comparatively low midichlorian count. How embarrassing was it to be the only one amongst her family unable to use their trademark methodology with the Force? Despite her slower speed, she did eventually reach the Chancellor’s office, and paused outside for a second to compose herself.​
BlpVHqS.png

The doors of the turbolift slid apart, and Auriel found herself facing Credius Credius , even as Tranquility Tranquility and Ben Craig Ben Craig stood in front of his table. From what she had heard of the Chancellor, punishment for her late-coming was almost a certainty, and so Auriel elected to not waste words on an apology. Chancellor Nargath, Auriel Angiris, here as instructed. There was little point in living under the delusion that the “requests” had been anything but instructions. Auriel could only hope that the Chancellor would not be too insulted by the unintended tardiness. Ben Craig Ben Craig , Tranquility Tranquility she addressed the other two beings in the room. No point insulting people by not addressing them, after all.
BlpVHqS.png

Auriel barely managed to disguise the wince as she thought about all the budget-cuts and dishonour that could be inflicted on her department just because she hadn’t been punctual. She could only hope to somehow mitigate the affects her late-coming might have. Her thoughts were focused on the future even as she waited for Chancellor Nargath to address the assembled group.​

The man looked through his shades at the holographic image of the Secretary of intelligence, tilting his head slightly to the side. The floating orb whizzed for a moment, before suddenly latching on to the transmission, sending the information in regards to Credius' current instable condition to the Secretary, a compilation of data and results from various tests conducted upon him in the N&Z Laboratories sent through towards her to be compiled and read through.

--Data Transfer Completed, reformatting secondary schematics-- The Orb whizzed yet again, letting a blue light shine upon the desk below to show a simulation of something which could only be described as...unnerving, as it was a compilation of not just one endresult, but around two hundred. --Testsubjects counted, two hundred and three tests, endresults within parameters, satisfactory margin, compiling results---Mortality rate at thirty-two percent--

"Admiral Craig, Lady Auriel, welcome," The man stood up, motioning the AI to continue sending through the results of the tests to Tranquility to be looked at and deciphered. "Do take a seat, anything to drink?" Calmly pointing at a drinking cabinet with various liquors, the Chancellor of the Left got back into his seat while looking at not just the two physically present, but also the Secretary of Intelligence, who was present in the form of a hologram.

"As you are well aware, I am suffering of a certain...condition, which limits my activities and public appearances," Leaning a bit backwards, the man took off his shades, revealing the red and orange iris and slit pupils that were his eyes, letting out a somewhat solemn sigh. "I've been going through a sort oàf preliminary runs on something one could only describe as visionary. Though my mutation is rather difficult to contain and even now, I feel it writhing beneath my skin, clawing at my mind, yet it is still a gift, a gift I wish to share and expand."

Motioning the golden floating orb to show another simulation, the orb complied and with a blue light, it played a holographic simulation of having a young testsubject being injected with a diluted concoction containing the chancellor's DNA. The simulation showed how the concoction would forcefully bond the chancellor's DNA with that of the testsubject, overriding their own DNA and RNA structures to fit this new genetic material and information. However, Tranquility without a doubt would already know this is only one of the few who have actually survived the initial testing.

"Imagine a legion of force sensitives, capable of draining not just the force, but also the lifeforce of others by will...my will," An eerie and sinister smirk appeared on the chancellor's face, the tip of his tongue silently running over his lips. "Imagine not needing to fear the jedi or the sith interfering with the Union's business, imagine assets which could infiltrate any force group or religion, to be used either as an elite force or as sleeper agents...that is what I am offering the Union. Now, do please allow me to hear your thoughts on the matter."

Tranquility Tranquility | Auriel Auriel | Ben Craig Ben Craig

Artificial Intelligence

Auriel | Ben Craig Ben Craig | Credius

Tranquilty pursed her lip, while she was just a holo presence, she was never honestly physically present. An droid sent to a meeting was just an offshoot, this holopresence was more personal. She hoped the organics saw it like she did. She had been helping run the tests for this experiment but was growing a concern. It is why she was glad to be involved. Easier to monitor. She finally voiced her opinion when she didn't see anyone else go right away. " I like the idea but I can't help having a problem that it is your will, no offense Chancellor, but what if something happens to you, you give in to your condition or someone neutralizes you? What happens to the subjects of this experiment? Do they have free will or are they merely biological puppets? If something was to happen would they stop functioning and give themselves away?"

She hoped she wasn't too questioning. She herself suffered with these flaws, trying to come up with plans if something should happen to her main consciousness. To know if done properly someone could just turn her off or worse something like the clockwork rebellion could turn her against the galaxy. These are the nightmares a A.I has. Tranquility searched through the data and tried to make sense of everything. Separating it into work units and sharing the processing and waiting for the results as suddenly she could 'know' the data sent to her as the units finished.

Ben Craig Ben Craig Credius Credius Tranquility Tranquility
Uh oh. She really didn't like the direction this was going. She had received some vague hints of what was in the making, but this could go atrociously poor. If this "Legion" was indeed of the same will as the Chancellor, things could get ugly.
Silver boot clanged against Silver boot as she idly moved her leg while thinking of what the future had in store.
Megalomania only weakens an organization, and a weakend Union is essentially an invitation for all those sharks to jump at us.
No. Bad Auriel. Bad. Stop overthinking. Let's hear out the man first, hmm?

U N I O N

Tags: Credius Credius , Auriel Auriel , Tranquility Tranquility
Dress:
Link

Ben wasn't so much knowledgeable in the area the chancellor was explaining. True he specialized in engineering and science, but he didn't know much about the human anatomy...if the chancellor was even a human. Ben took a seat and waved his hand at the offer of a drink. Ben had indeed well aware of the chancellor's well being..not being so well. As to the specific condition he wasn't so sure. He wasn't even sure why the chancellor called him to this meeting. Ben didn't specialize in medicine and health, he wasn't so sure he'd be able to fix the chancellor if that was why he was here. Ben specialized in the science of weaponry.

Ben straightened in his chair when he heard of a legion of force sensitives. That must be why i'm here. Ben smiled, "Yes my lord, these legions of force sensitives would prove very useful to the Union. Surely the Military Department of Advanced Weapons Research would be overseeing this project? Along with the Intelligence and Security Committee?"

BlpVHqS.png

Letting out a dry laugh, the Chancellor of the Left looked at the holographic projection of the Secretary of the interior, his eyes continuously blazing with the bubbling power of the mutation writhing beneath his skin, beneath his flesh and through his bones. "Though I am indeed looking for those to inherit my will, reports from the top scientists have concluded with the fact that of all those currently under observation so far, only a handful may go so far as to truly inherit more than just some superficial traits of myself in regards to their behavior and demeanor," Standing up from his chair and passing the people actually physically present, the man walked over to one of the many bookshelves lining his office, a rare sight considering the fact that holocrons have been around for ages, long enough to suppress the written word. Sliding his hand accross the many books, his hand stopped at a thick tome of unspecified age and pulled it out, revealing it to be bound in the finest leathers and fabrics, colored with a red hued tint. "There is another project that I will be undertaking when this particular one has started to show satisfactory results, so it is best not to worry about my condition in general or what would happen in the unlikely moments in which I would be subdued by the likes of some mere mortal misers roaming this galaxy."

Calmly opening the book he was carrying, the man placed it down on the desk with the pages turned so that all could see what he was up to, a picture upon the paper denoting the very jewel he wore around his neck. "We are going to create a legion of force sensitives who can withstand my mutation, control it and utilize it, they will inherit my will, my desires for the survival of this Union and the wish to see it progress and prosper for all eternity," The man hoped that this would be enough for the people and the holographic representation of Tranquility to understand that it would be happening with or without their support and that he for now at the very least showed them that he placed his trust in their own individual competencies. "When the first project is well under way, monitored by indeed the research department and the ISB, I am going to break this jewel, I am going to take into myself every single ounce of power this jewel possesses and thus test the limits of my mutation. It is specifically for this reason that I wish to have at least that particular handful of testsubjects to be monirotred closely and guided by those present in this room."

Turning his head to Auriel, Credius yet again let out a dry chuckle. "Megalomania weakens the union when it fails to see fruition, but if I were to be able to transcend the limitations of the Force, would this not be a boon for the Union? To be the only faction within this forsaken, chaotic galaxy, to have a true understanding of the Force and all it encompasses?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom