Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy Must Flow | The Free Worlds Coalition

[member="Tai Fa"]

"Shipyards?"

Saffron's interest was piqued by that. How would that serve in the reconstruction? It would be evident that the blonde was curious where Lord Fa was moving forward with.

However, the subsequent inquiry drew her attention.

What could they do to help out root out the One Sith remnants?

"We have several private miltiary contractors," Saffron would reveal. "I could have a few funnel down here to help." another thought.

"We could also hire the locals and train them to be their own milita. One can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

[member="Saffron"]

Tai inclined his beak.

The project was still in its early stages and mostly a secret. But Saffron and him had worked together for a while now, almost died together once - you would be surprised how much of a bond that could create between two people - and she had always been a delight to work with. Which is why Lord Fa felt comfortably sharing it with her now.

"With Kuat still burning from its civil war, its shipyards broken, this is a ripe opportunity for us. I am planning the construction of a Kuat-grade shipyards that encircles Humbarine. It will provide work for the people of the sector, both for its construction and its operation." Another sip of their tea as Tai mused out loud about the possibilities.

"Kuat mostly focused on the military, I wish for Humbarine to focus mainly on the civilian market. A lot of potential there and few providers. This would be another heavy source of revenue next to the opening of the industrial zones throughout the sector."

Her answers were pondered for a little while before another nod came.

"In short term, I consider it operative if we cleansed the zones ourselves. But for the longterm it would be beneficial if they knew how to protect themselves. If we first take out the Sith, we can have our troops assist in the training afterwards?"

[member="Tai Fa"]

Now that was a noble endevour indeed. Saffron gave an incline of her head, a small token of gratitude for Lord Fa to have elaborated on his project.

"Yes." Saffron would agree to that. They could join forces to clear out as much of the One Sith remnants, then work towards training and guiding the locals to assemble their own milita.

"It serves not only in the betterment of the people of Humbarine, but also ensures that we promote sustainability." meaning, mitigating profit loss. Humanitarian aid was a large part of Arceneau Trade's annual budget, but in the end, they were also a company looking to maintain and increase profit.

[member="Saffron"]

This was a good point as well.

Because if they spend all their money simply rebuilding every time one of the little companies was attacked and needed to be bailed out? That was money that could have been used in a different way, perhaps in an expansion drive or simply to drive up the profit margins even more. It would take some effort, but at the end of the day this seemed like the most prudent course of action.

He pondered a little bit on it, while taking a sip of his tea again.

"I think we can table any further discussion until the Sith threat is gone?" The Thirriken finally mentioned, before looking over his papers again. They were quite on schedule right now.

"If you still wish, you could join my meeting with the representative of Kuat - the nation has seen a lot of strife since the Omega Sith destroyed much of their infrastructure. We could assist in the reconstruction, I think."

[member="Tai Fa"]

On that Saffron could agree. Finishing her cup of tea, the young blonde set the empty porcelain back down upon its small dish. "It would be a pleasure." she admitted. Arceneau Trade had actually served as a middle man vendor for Kuat Shipyards for several years under the leadership of the former Queen. It was a tragedy that such a travesty had not only taken the life of the Queen, but her heiress as well.

From what Saffron had gathered, Kuat Drive Yards were now under new leadership and were in the process of being rebuilt. "Could you tell me more about what is the situation with Kuat Drive Yards and Kuat? Everything happened so fast that it was hard to keep up."

[member="Saffron"]

Tai gestured with his wing in a sign of uncertainty.

"It was similarly fast for me, I am afraid, I simply had the advantage of being already busy within the Humbarine Sector to catch some of it." It had been chaos, but it was basically always chaos when civilization and society were turned upside down by insurrection and rebellions.

There wasn't much to be done about it, except trying to make do as they could.

"After the Queen was killed, the shipyards destroyed, the Ten rose up and together they tore up Kuat in their attempt to claim the throne."

It was the weakness that the Darke regime had instilled upon Kuat in his opinion. Kuat never had a Queen or King, before the Darke came along.

No wonder the Ten immediately rose up afterwards. None of them wished for the other to suddenly overtake them and assume direct control.

"There have been some humanitarian efforts, some of them from me, but they are only recently starting to really pull their society back together."

[SIZE=9pt]As [member="Tai Fa"] would elaborate on the tragedy, Saffron’s expression would shift in empathy and compassion. It was a tragic tale, for the former regeant’s line had precided over Kuat for several generations. In the end, however, all things change. Some for the better, others for the worse. Yet people were adaptable. The people of Kuat would survive.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“I see.” the blonde replied. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Then what is to happen? Will the Ten continue or will there be a press for a new monarch?” did anyone actually have any claim?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Carefully, Saffron twould turn, taking the pot of tea to pour them both another cup of the brew again. [/SIZE]

[member="Saffron"]

This was where things got muddy.

Prior to the death of the Queen the heirs had passed up their claims to the throne. There wasn't anyone in the real position to once again claim it and restore the royalty - some of the Ten might want to, obviously. But they didn't have the actual strength to back it up either, which left the Ten in a very awkward silent conflict position.

Purkis had the edge right now with her nominal control over the Kuat Drive Yards though.

"House Purkis currently controls the remnants of the Drive Yards around Kuat. This gives them some leverage with the other houses." After a while Tai nodded in thanks and took the offered cup, before taking a good sip again. It really was some tasty tea and that made all the difference.

"None of them have the power to claim the throne and I think that with the fall of Darke... the time of kings and queens is truly over for Kuat."

It was a sad day when stability gave way for chaos, but they did what they had to do in the end.

"Their position in the Core Worlds is precarious, of course, but I think they will restore themselves eventually." In the meantime Tai would leverage their position for Humbarine's gain. That was simple business tactics and taking advantage of a situation that was offered to him.

[member="Tai Fa"]

That made sense. Saffron gave a slow nod of her head, slowly processing the information Lord Fa had given her. So this was the last of the monarchy? Depending on just how House Purkis led their majority hold on Kuat and the Drive yards, that would greatly effect the lasting result on the governmental structure of the Core World.

"I see." Saffron began, mulling this over. Those hazel eyes went flickering up to meet Lord Fa's gaze. "What are your thoughts on House Purkis? How do you believe this will all turn out in the end?"

[member="Saffron"]

A soft gesture of the wings and little shoulders followed.

It could go any way, really, depending on how the young Purkis handled her hold over the remnants of the Drive Yards. Perhaps she would be able to leverage her position and come out on top, or perhaps she would die and her house would fall before all this was over. The politics of the Core Worlds were just as cruel, determined and rough as outside these territories, but they were cloaked in many levels of silk to cover it all up.

That did little to dispel the notion of casualties, of course.

"Difficult to say, I am afraid, she has potential by the sound of it... but will she be able to turn it towards a leverage for her house? Only time will tell us that, I think." It would be beneficial for the Thirriken if she managed it, of course. It would ensure that at the end of the day the Humbarine Sector would have an ally to stand with against the threats outside of the Core territories.

Competitors they might be in a localized sphere, but they had to put up an unified front against any existential threats.

"I have yet to support her in any true sense, because I have been cautiously waiting to see how it all turns out. Perhaps this meeting will shed some light on her motivations? It could be so."

[member="Tai Fa"]

Saffron gave a sage nod. Lord Fa was quite skilled in forethought to consider thus so, to take a stand back and really observe just what House Purkis will do with Kuat. To discover in what direction it would lead this new era for the Core World.

"A wise decision, Lord Fa," Saffron would say, offering a kind and acknowledging smile. "Sometimes, often too many boldly take a step forward without considering how each and every single piece of the puzzle may fall in place. Far too many eyes are upon the fair Kuat -- It would not surprise me if there are already plans for others to counter the House's power." There almost always were.

"However, I do not want to delay you from your meeting." Her hand went reaching out to rest encouragingly upon his feathered wing. "But do remember, if you need me for anything, It would be my pleasure to help."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom