Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ENDGAME] Lawful Neutrality (Polis Massa - Galactic Alliance, Outer Rim Coalition)

[member="Sortz"]

"Oh, I have a whole list of questions at home, once we get back I will be glad to pose them."

Anyone else it might have sounded like a joke or a quip. Something just said to inspire a smile and then forget about it. But she knew him for a while now, knew that if he said that? Then it was probably true and that once they were home there would be a list filled with questions he had scribbled down while reading. In truth Samson had inherited Irajah's thirst and hunger for knowledge. Drawing it all in like a sponge and figuring out more and more about all manners of subjects.

He leaned back against her a bit and hummed softly as they walked.

Then paused at the food cart Sortz indicated. He studied it for a moment- some sort of sausage drenched in sauce and wrapped in a bun. Samson didn't mention the fact that it was probably ripe with germs and other icky things.

Perhaps Sam would show her an article about it later. Maybe.

"Why not? Haven't tried it before." They both ordered and found a quiet place to sit together. He glanced up, still kind of fascinated by the huge dome that separated the colony from outer space. It was an asteroid after all and he hadn't ever been to one. "Still amazed this is safe." Well, as safe as it would get. It would presumably take a single capital ship without opposition that could rip straight through them. He leaned a bit against her and taking a bite.

A blink.

Another bite. "Oh wow, this is great." A third bite. "Can we get another one later?"

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Aboard the Tyrax, Meeting Room
~political deliberations
w/[member="Linna Beorht"] [member="Cathul Thuku"] [member="Jaius Sovv"] [member="Julius Sedaire"]
___

She smiled congenially at the others in the room while keeping her ears attentive to the small individual conversations going on though nothing of substance came of them as far as she could tell. To say Alexandra felt uncomfortable just sitting at the table after the Chief of State for the Galactic Alliance left the room was an understatement.

For one she felt woefully unprepared for this meeting if honest. Though the former Rogue did know the area as far as space was concerned, the current diplomat didn't know today's political landscape or even yesterdays of this region. Her expertise as of recent had been of the Core, Colonies and Inner Rim worlds she had dealt with as the Ambassador of Taanab. Her basic reason for being present was out of a sense of duty. The Taanabian would definitely have to be a quick study if she was be of any help to the fledgling Alliance during it's darkest days yet.

When Chief Sovv returned, the Sullustan seemed to be back at the top of his game, not only talking in a commanding orator fashion but also giving possible solutions to the dire situation they all were facing. Alexandra listened mindfully to the Alliance's head diplomat sell his deal, then turned her attention to those at the table, trying to gage their reactions. It was times like this that Alex wished she had taken training from her Jedi husband on how to use the Force to help sense people's emotions more than just their outward appearance.

The very last thing Sortz wanted to hear about was the potential health hazards of buying food from street vendors. When Samson ordered one, she smiled and ordered three.

Cause she knew they were going to be that good.

"Nowhere's safe, Samson," Sortz commented after chewing through her own first bite, then taking another.

"Everywhere's dangerous, just different types of danger."

When they were alone, it was easier to talk. She grinned when he commented on the food, and offered him the extra one. Oh, two were absolutely for her. The fate of the third had been in flux, but she'd known if he liked it, one wasn't going to be enough. If he hadn't wanted it? She would have gladly taken care of it.

"We can yeah, or see what else we can find."

After the initial concern about it, because people tended to look at her askance, Sortz didn't hide the fact that she ate.... a lot. To be fair, people tended to look at her askance no matter what. It came from being a green, tusked giant. Finding someone who didn't look at her like that, and just treated her.... normal.... was nice.

[member="Samson"]

[member="Alexandra Russo Porte"] [member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Cathul Thuku"] [member="Jaius Sovv"]

Sharukan Empire Cruiser Tyrax - Meeting Room

As the transmission from Susevfi wound down, Linna wrapped up translation for the captain's benefit. Half his attention rested on his datapad (alien design, alien text), which held the ship's up-to-the-minute status reports. Somewhere out there, Sharukan vessels were monitoring the situation in depth, and not just in this system. His eyes flicked up to hers, and he gave a short command.

"The captain would like a few minutes to confer alone with the Polis Massan authorities," Linna said, rising. "First Minister Burrolur, if you and your staff could join us in the adjoining room?"

After a brief discussion, the diminutive Kallidahin authorities left the meeting room, as did Linna and the captain. They returned six minutes later.

"A decision has been made," Linna said, now translating verbatim for the captain for the first time. "The Sharukan Empire no longer sees a need to control this territory, so long as all concerned honor their new commitments and resolve the situation promptly. Ensure that the spacelanes and subspace airwaves return to normal levels of congestion within eighteen of your standard days. I presume the Outer Rim Coalition will acquire the Polis Massa, Skor, and Suarbi systems?"

"We Squibs prefer ORC limit intervention in Squib affairs to security and defense" Adegabaydee told the other delegations present.

So these terms meant the Immobilizer 422 would be stationed over Skor for the next 18 days. In 18 days there wasn't much of a headway to get orbital housing built, even with refugee labor, preliminary purchases of materials, either from Metrobig Salvagestuff Platform or elsewhere in ORC space, and issuance of bonds to get construction started, and [member="Jaius Sovv"] knew it, as would [member="Alexandra Russo Porte"] or [member="Linna Beorht"]. [member="Julius Sedaire"], however, had yet to confirm that control of the Polis Massa, Skor and Suarbi systems would fall to the ORC. However, if it meant the Squibs had to pay for the orbital housing over Skor in full, with no ORC contribution beyond what any ORC citizen would purchase in refugee bonds, 18 days from now, however, she couldn't tell whether the systems in question, especially Polis Massa or Skor, wouldn't come under attack by the First Order, or at any point before then. For now anyway, Therapy Command's role in the first two is mostly to provide medical support to the refugees that came to Polis Massa and Skor, while there were no medvac units left to cover Susefvi. However, where did the remaining medvac units go is anybody's guess, other than none of them actually went to the First Order or the Sith Empire.

Sol Stazi

S
Ready Room
ANS Spear of the Alliance
Polis Massa System

I am still waiting on specifics from Captain Stazi, Sykkla admitted in response to the lieutenant's question, We will be meeting him in CIC shortly for a preliminary briefing. The 61st's main berthing was severely damaged during their escape from Lothal, it was left behind in the Skor system for emergency repairs. My educated guess would be that Twilight Company needs a ride in. You're U-Wing rated, isn't that correct?

The commodore had been serving with [member="Cuan Kunn"] long enough to know if he could fly a gunship, but as a Vaemath he valued highly both custom and protocol. It was the Alliance's military hierarchy that gave him his sense of stability, challenged him to deny his innate competitive urges in pursuit of service to something greater than himself. Not many of his species left their homeworld, he know of only one other in the entire Alliance, and it was his sense of belonging to the Defense Fleet that allowed him to tolerate living in a galaxy of mute minds.

"Urgent message for you, commodore. Its from the Tyrax."

Sykkla did not bother to return the shortwave transmission, instead simply reaching out across the Spear of the Alliance to silently inform the mind who had sent it that he understood.

Forgive me, lieutenant. I must take this, you're dismissed for now, before Cuan had fully left the ready room, his superior added, But stay outside. We will walk to CIC together.

Combat Information Center

Sol paced back and forth across the deck, barely acknowledging his squad leaders and pointedly ignoring [member="Oren"].

He had been working on the broad strokes of his mission outline since Sykkla had first dismissed him. It was a difficult op to plan, a lot of ways things could go sideways quick, particularly with such limited intel on their enemy. If the navy brains could work out some way of jamming the Tyrax's sensors while playing it off as some kind of equipment malfunction, a skilled pilot could probably maneuver alongside the cruiser and Sol's team would breach through an airlock. From there, they'd have to split into two teams, one to locate the VIP and another to figure out a way to disable the Sharukan's point defense systems for their egress.

"Attention on deck!"

The duros army captain was one of the first in the room at attention, mind still racing but quelled somewhat now that Commodore Sykkla was actually here. A Sullustan in a flight suit stood next to him, a patch on his arm marked him as one of the Tiburons. Sol was just a simple trooper, but even he was able to work out that this was supposed to be his pilot.

We're scrubbed, Sykkla said to him at once, and from the confused look on his expression the Vaemath elaborated, The mission is off. I've just received a transmission from the Tyrax, it seems the delegation was able to reach a more amenable arrangement. Your new mission is to serve as Chief Sovv's honor guard for when we transport him aboard. Shouldn't be longer than an hour or two, you will be summoned to the hangar when it is time.

"Yes, sir!" Captain Stazi replied automatically, twisting his lips into a snarling grin. Inside, he was furious, "Diplomacy prevails, eh?"

It would seem so, Captain. Thank you for gathering your men on such short notice, there is much to do but I will try to arrange some shore leave for Twilight on one of the field's leisure facilities as soon as possible.

"Thank you, commodore," he saluted, "With your permission, I'd like to debrief my senior officers."

Granted, Sykkla nodded in gratitude, You and the rest of Twilight are dismissed for now.

Sol needed to get out of here before he broke something. More than anything, he needed a mission.

Cuan was almost excited for this. The Sullustan was nothing if not a patriot. It was why Starchaser had pulled him into the squad in the first place. The pilot was nodding along to the commodore, still standing at attention. Waiting for Stazi… That was the, yep, 61st. That was going to be something else.

“U-Wing? Yes sir.” The Sullustan nodded. U, X, Y, E and B. The A Wings were a bit too… much. Cramped and just he didn’t like flying something into combat a Gamorrean could break with its hands. But looking at the Vaemath, the pilot was ready, willing, and able. Hearing that a message was coming in, the Sullusan relaxed for a moment. Being dismissed, Kunn saluted and stepped outside.

Sending a quick comm burst to his droid, he told the astromech to stand down and set the X-Wing up for repairs. U-Wing and Twlight needed his assistance. And when the time came, he followed to the CIC.

Stepping in with the Commodore was an interesting feeling. Kunn was a Lieutenant, and that carried weight around exactly enlisted men and women. But the Commodore? That was some power, for sure. And then hearing the issue going on, the Sullustan waited. Scrubbed? Not what he expected, there was a warship outside.

“U-Wing, for the guard, or should I hop in my X-Wing?” They always had other shuttle pilots. He watched Stazi and the rest of Twilight depart.

[member="Sol Stazi"]

Jaius Sovv

J
At this latest proclamation from their Sharukan hosts, Jaius exhaled a sigh of relief and relaxed visibly, as if a great weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He would have to send another transmission to Commodore Sykkla at the first opportunity.

"Forgive me," he apologized in case his behavior came under scrutiny, "It has been a difficult journey."

Already King Adegabaydee had agreed along with the Polis Massa representatives at least in principle. Chief Sovv had also thought that their hosts choice of phrasing was problematic, but he believed that to be a product of their alien culture. The concept of a less rigid societal structure like the Coalition's was no doubt incomprehensible to their Empire.

"Susefvi has long supported the Underground in its cause," President Jesel's visage was briefly distorted by the poor signal quality of her long range communication, "Our Jensaarai's bond with the Corellian Enclave also runs deep. Julius Sedaire is known to the Saarai-kaar as a man of honor. While our sovereignty in certain matters is paramount, the Suarbi system would be open to a trade compact with this Coalition as well."

"Very well then, as we seem to be all agreed," Jaius leaned on his hovercane, shoulders heavy with this final burden, "In my last official act as Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance, I hereby release your systems and all others from their obligations to our federation. As the Outer Rim Coalition's most senior representative on board, I humbly beseech Master Sedaire not only to consider safeguarding these worlds, but to provide sanctuary for Alliance refugees and our government in exile within your space."

"The Sith will continue to hunt us, and the shadow of the First Order still looms across the Western Reaches. No agreement we make here today will change that fact. Those still loyal to the dream of the starbird must rally somewhere free of their clutches if we are to survive."

[member="Linna Beorht"] | [member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Cathul Thuku"] | [member="Alexandra Russo Porte"]​

Oren stood leaning against a far wall of the CIC, eyes closed deep in thought and meditation. She knew the Duros had no love for the Jedi, or at least for her presence in his tightly knit combat unit but she felt this was something the Force was willing her to do. When the commodore entered the room and told the group the mission was off she did feel a sigh of relief escape her lips. It wasn't that she wasn't confident in her own abilities, but more that violence had been averted. They couldn't afford to lose anyone over petty political squabbles now, not with darkness on the rise all over the Galaxy.

When Sol left the room his anger was palpable. She wondered if this was one of those times to reach out or if he was better off stewing in his anger for a moment. She decided on the later considering their first meeting and simply made her way to the hangar instead.

[member="Sol Stazi"] [member="Cuan Kunn"]

Entertaining, but sufficiently where she and her Master wanted them. The surviving elements of the Alliance had, of course, fled to their outer most systems and turned to the Outer Rim Coalition for safety. Just as the Lady of Secrets had predicted. Eldaah had slipped aboard one of the refugee ships from Chandrila, the planet now featuring a lovely large population of their Z-series Sithspawn, and had traveled from planet to planet to give her Master observation on the fallout. She had kept her Force Sensitivity shutdown, appearing for all the world like a scared girl on the run from the monsters as the ship went system to system. Everywhere was evidence of Order Eclipse.

It. was. glorious.

Sure, she would have preferred to see the Alliance remnants fight with this part of the ORC, but it wasn't important. Her Master and the Sith Empire would be pleased, and the Hunter fleets were already scouring systems for holdouts.

"Daahel, we're shipping off!"

"On my way!" she yelled back to the captain of the refugee ship she was traveling with. Their next stop would be to Elrood and then she could slip away as the ship went into ORC space and she... would join her Master. They would keep tabs on the Alliance remnants, but for now, the Lady of Secrets and her entire organization were reveling in their victory.

The strangely armored Jedi let others talk, weighing words and remaining impassive. An arched eyebrow might have been a relief to some, even himself really. But the chronic joker had been forever changed fighting at the Temple, and he merely listened and nodded. Long ago, he had studied briefly with the Jensaarai to prove his word when they had joined the Alliance. Joined largely on his and Veino's word really. That was a day that had surprised even him, with his words. But he had seen it through. How funny, the roads life had taken.

"The Coalition is a place of freedom utmost and firstly. The peoples of Suarbi and all others, Squib or otherwise, will be given self-determination. Specific compacts done individually can be spoken of at a later time, to the matters of mutual defense and trade. I will divert all resources available to the assistance of the evacuees. The Fringe has more than enough space to welcome good people. We have long been fighting our own fight this way, and so long as you don't expect me to come to regular board meetings or submit my ship for inspection, we welcome you from Chiefs of State to mid-wives."

Turning, he eyed the hologram, and then met Jaius' eyes. What he said was still monotone, but there was... Something ... In his body language, or maybe the tilt of his gaze, dead though it may look... Something that spoke of determination and resolve.

"Corellia joined that dream, no matter how late we came to it. No one speaks for the Coalition as a whole, but I speak for myself now. Suarbi, the New Jedi Order, the Alliance itself... I fought when it was but a mad hope in a few young dreamers' eyes. And now I sit and see it as I should have then. A fragile fantasy of peace and order. I would speak later on what a wayward Jedi can do to help that remain a reality."

[member="Linna Beorht"] | [member="Jaius Sovv"] | [member="Cathul Thuku"] | [member="Alexandra Russo Porte"]

Mya leaned back away from her chair after the conclusion of the transmission and rubbed her temples. This would be difficult, to say the least, especially concerning the Jensaarai. She'd only been briefed on their presence, on their existence, within the past few months. Their seers had foreseen some calamity coming and introduced themselves to her.

Now she had an entirely different branch of government to deal with, more or less. Piles of holosleeves lay before her as she sifted through them. They certainly had room for refugees and resettlement. Susefvi wasn't heavily populated, by any stretch of the imagination. They had other moons of course, although none inherently inhabitable. They'd have to start of with shelters and then maybe later on see about the plausibility of terraforming. Honestly, with the funding and resources, they would be able to greatly expand their system's economic power.

Pros and cons, however. That would make them a more significant target, but simultaneously more capable of protecting themselves. Mya stood and paced before pressing the intercom button.

"Get me in touch with Ragnos Tillian. We're going to need a lot of freight hauled pretty soon."

"Understood, Madam President," the reply came, "Getting in touch now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom