Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emperor Vitiate.

From most of my reading, I absolutely adore his character, mentality, and lust for power. Although I don't really feel that they do him a lot of justice when the series of Revan comes along with Malak. I've also noticed that a lot of Sith especially take after him in the roleplay by consuming souls/power. Thoughts on him/roleplayers doing the same? Should we do it for immortality, or power? Or are the two the same?

Honestly, Vitiate does not impress me as a character. Just is not much going on for him, imo, to really get a handle on him. Strikes me as Nihilus just more.

Also, I've never been big on the idea of consuming souls in SW. Really, I just do not feel like it is much of a thing that seems reasonable.

Aye I agree, they attempt to embody him as something far greater than that of any being in the galaxy through his power; however, don't get that indepth on him either. His strength seems to be greater than that of Nihilus; though, there is much more of a story to Nihilus in my opinion. I wish there was more for sure.

Yeah, they're trying to do this distant bad guy kind of thing. Keep him a mystery so they can put off resolving him in game. At least, that's what I think is going on.

It's upsetting, because the little bit of history they have for him and the bits of story that they have for him is quite fantastic. They could have something really good to build off of, and he could be utterly powerful; however, they simply do a lack luster job of portraying him as all he could be.

The Sith Emperor never really impressed me. Personally I would've liked it if he had been just a myth, concocted by the Dark Council to provide the Empire with a figurehead and unifying rallying figure.

That would've been quite hilarious - the Jedi scour the Galaxy for a super-powerful darklord who doesn't exist, the blind masses in the Empire have a figure to worship (only then an ambitious Sith lord like Baras claims that he's the the voice of the Emperor and that the Dark Council has betrayed him).

The mighty Sith Emperor had a vision while in deep meditation. He saw a powerful galactic empire dominating the stars, with Moffs, stormtroopers, an entire galaxy at its mercy, all ruled by a powerful Sith lord.

At first the Sith Emperor thought it was his destiny, but then he eventually realised that this was in a future far beyond him. And so he tried to do all he could to copy a far future. Yes, the fact that his Sith Empire looks so much like that of Palpatine is because the Sith Emperor had a vision and tried his best to make it just the same!

The thing is though, that he was in my opinion more powerful than that of palpatine. I never quite liked palpatine and the movies up-play him far too much. Yes he tricked the entire senate and the Jedi order into thinking that he was something good, but people in real life do that all the time. Also as Yoda said he was the only one who knew the Jedi High Councils weakness thus, that means word of the weakness had to be passed down from dark lord to dark lord. Which means that Plageuis had told Palpatine before his demise. It wasn't that he was so powerful that he just came up with this devilish trickery on his own. It was simply an heirloom passed down to him. Also the only reason that Palpatine was able to live was because of Anakin, without the greatest duelist in the galaxy on his side Palpatine dies to Mace Windu every single time. It's shown that he gets over powered in the force by Yoda when he attempts to Force lighting Yoda and Yoda Force Deflects it back to him. The only reason that he defeats Yoda is because he hurls huge Frisbee like senate seats at him and since Yoda is only four foot tall, it does quite a bit of damage.

Case and point: Palpatine didn't deserve the Empire that he created. Lord Vitiate took the remnants of an Empire left behind by Marka Ragnos and created a force to be reckoned with, also outlived anyone of his time (A feat of its own).

Yet Palpatine actually won. Admittedly rather briefly and clearly thinking he could turn Luke in ten minutes was rather dim. How Palpatine managed to come to power is less relevant than the fact that he did. Devilish trickery sufficed - that actually makes it more impressive.

But, as it turns out, the Sith Emperor lost. He got to conquer half the Galaxy, but failed to topple the Republic. His plan to devour all life and bring about his apotheosis into a god failed as well. If we take the latest addons into account, the Sith Empire is losing the war. The developers tried to hard to create some "ultimate evil" figure and what we got was just a gloater.

I completely and totally disagree. Palpatine was the Sith we see on screen, the original Big Bad of Star Wars. Making it so he was copying some ancient Sith Empire (even down to titles and appearances) which was added 25 years later to the canon cheapens the character immensely.

Palpatine won. Sure it was only for 25 years, but that's still pretty good. As a character he was much better to my mind then some nameless dude who sat around on Dromund Kaas for 1300 years then failed to conquer the Republic.

Mm though your opinions are valid the only reason he honestly won anything was because of Anakin or Darth Vader whichever you prefer. Even in his death it was Vader who ended him. The greatest duelist of the time. Had the Jedi been passed down some great knowledge that they didn't need to work for Yoda could have easily or even Mace Windu could have easily decimated him the same way he attempted to decimate the Jedi. Also in the movies he does far too good of a job at beating every single Jedi in the room save Mace Windu. In the books he does cut down the other Jedi save Kit Fisto and Mace Windu, but the fight between those three was absolutely legendary. Yes Vitiate did sit on a throne for 1300 years and do nothing and then get removed by some man that didn't know what he wanted in life, yet during his earlier years he slaughtered Sith Lords by the dozens and was nearly untouchable by any who tried. Palpatine shows weakness when fighting Yoda and gets lucky that Yoda basically gives up in the end because he couldn't defeat Palpatine in record time.

Much of what Palapatine did, regarding Mace especially, was an act to get Anakin on side.

While Darth Vader certainly helped his plans...Palpatine could have taken over the Republic without him. He only kept him after he became Emperor as an enforcer, not a true rival in the Sith arts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom