Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emberly Carrick

Valgærd

Emberbanner.gif
Emberdivider.gif

[Theme]
yorha-a2-nier_automata-girl-18920.png

Emmiesmol.png

FULL NAME: Emberly Carrick
PREFERRED NAME: Ember
SPECIES: Half Echani/Half [UNKNOWN]
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 5'5ft
WEIGHT: 110 lbs
EYES: Turquoise
HAIR: White
SKIN: Pale white
FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

+ Finally Defensible: There was no way Zephyr was going to let little Emmie remain defenceless forever. Building on the foundation her father had laid, he trained her vigorously, honing the young woman into an agile and deadly weapon

+ Hacker: Ember has always been smart, but she found her true calling tinkering with software and communication devices. There are very few systems safe from her prying malware and even fewer devices that she and her souped-up datapad can't get into one way or another

+ Quick study: Having a Sith for a father meant that Emberly learned very quickly how swift and harsh the punishment for failure could be. She's naturally bright, and that intelligence has been forcibly honed into a keen mind

- Submissive: The beatings from her father taught Emberly many things. The first, harshest, and perhaps most deeply ingrained in her mind is to be quiet and obedient. She is submissive by nature, and never one to stand up or take action on her own

- Trauma: Emberly was beaten as a child. A lot. The scars from such an upbringing are horrendous, physical and mental both. The marks on her back are vulnerable to stress, leaving her weaker than normal for a child her age. In addition, triggers such as the flash of a red lightsaber, a voice that sounds like her father's or other arbitrary reminder of her past, may cause her to shut down completely.

- Too smart for her own good: As her father would say, at least. A naturally gifted mind can't be left idle for long, and Emberly is no exception. She has a tendency to overthink things, to jump to conclusions, or to try and go off to fix things on her own.

APPEARANCE:
The word 'Echani' conjures a particular visage from most who hear it; tall, graceful, pale as the moon. Emberly Carrick embodies all of these. The slender young woman with alabaster skin and snow-white hair is the epitome of Echani beauty. Long legs, piercing turquoise eyes, and defined, feminine features; Ember has forged her body into a honed weapon... not just of combative prowess.

POSSESSIONS:
Mr Snuggles - The most important stuffed dragon in the galaxy
Crown of Winds - (To be acquired)
BIOGRAPHY:
Childhood:
Today I turned 11.
I did not expect Father to say anything. He would never indulge such a useless milestone. I hadn't earned it beyond simply surviving up until this point. Still, I remember standing before him, head bowed, eyes to the floor, like the good girl he taught me to be... A part of me had still foolishly hoped he'd say something. But he didn't. As usual, he was cold, strict, robotic. He was my robot dad.

He'd scowled at me. He didn't have to say anything for me to know why. It was my clothes. I knew it had been a mistake. Sith were always ready to fight. Sith could strike fear into the hearts of their enemies with their visage alone.

Sith didn't wear dresses.

Even with my head bowed, that scowl burned into me. I could feel it. Squeezing my eyes shut, I had mumbled an apology.

"Sorry, Daddy, I'll go change--"

Slap!

I yelped, hitting the ground as the sting from his hand spread across my face and neck. My cheeks felt like they were burning, my wrists ached from the strain of breaking my fall. I was hurting all over, fighting back tears. I couldn't cry, I hated crying. Father hated crying too. Crying was weakness. No daughter of his was weak.

"Pack your things, girl." He'd said coldly, "we're leaving."

Why? I had wanted to ask why so badly. I wanted to run into his arms, to have the pain and the fear just hugged away. I wanted to ask why, to hear him say that we were going far away, somewhere, just the two of us, and leaving this life behind. But those were silly dreams only for silly girls. No daughter of a Sith would allow such thoughts into her head. So I did what he'd taught me to do. I stood to my feet, bowed my head, and replied quietly,

"Yes, Father."

He nodded, letting out a grunt that meant I could leave.

So leave I did, scurrying back to my room to pack my things. I did not know where we were going, or for how long. I had heard him once speaking to another Sith, when he thought I was asleep. They had said things that scared me, so I had pretended that they had never said them. But as I pulled out my case and began to pack my datapad, communicator, clothes, and other things, that night came back to me. Father has enemies, many enemies. Powerful men always do. These enemies wouldn't be above coming after me to get to him. I was weak, I still am. A... a 'liability' he'd said, whatever that means. He wanted to hide me.

Was... he going to take me somewhere to hide? Where would I go? How would he know where to find me? How long until I could see him again?

Or was I meant to hide until I was strong enough... to go out and find him?

ROLE-PLAYS:
ACT I
1. A slap on the wrist
2. Fun and Games in Sinners Well
3. Happiness Comes in Salt Water
4. Pets on the Promenade

ACT II
5. Two of a Kind
6. An Ember in the Ashes

Emberdivider.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom