Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elysium Empire- Advice?

Elysium Eternal

Elysium Empire Narrative
Hi all! This the OOC/Narrative account for The Elysium Empire.

I'm posting this to see if anyone has any recommendations for the Elysium Empire.

We have three members, and plan to go major. If you haven't joined, why not?

Is there anything you want added or changed?
Is there a thread or event that would peak your interest?
Would you like a position of power? First come first serve! The first two members are now leaders of the Empire.
Have a ship or tech idea, but don't know how to create it? We can help with that!

Bunker-level Normal
Agreed on the above. Also, make sure you're clear on what differentiates you from everyone else. There are 3-4 "Imperial" style major factions on Chaos right now, and another minor lurking in the shadows. What about you and your faction sets you apart? If I want to write an Imperial (or similar) character, IOW a Lawful character who needs/wants a rigid structure to play with, what should draw me to you over The Other Guys? Something about your faction story? Your members? Your thread style? Something else? What?

It doesn't have to be complicated or nuanced. And you may not know it immediately, you can always have something to work towards. But keep it at the back of your head, lately it's pretty fierce competition for Empires, and setting is one of the biggest draws for a faction's members.

Though we have low-ish limits for writers to create a major faction I strongly suggest waiting and not rushing.

Too many times I've seen factions full of people who rush to become major and it falls apart in a month or two.

Try building up first, try getting a member base you know is actually committed to your group together. If you're not a part of any other major factions I urge you to join one just to see how things work.

To turn your question around; you're asking people to join you, why should they? What makes your group any different from the literally thousands of groups we've had on SWRP over the past 7.5 years?

"Would you like a position of power? First come first serve! The first two members are now leaders of the Empire. "

This is, frankly, a terrible idea. Award positions based on merit not who comes first. The former will get you members in roles who actually want it, the latter will get someone to show up to claim it then potentially do nothing else.

Elysium Eternal Elysium Eternal

Dr. Veinstein

We Can Put Our Differences Behind Us, For Science
Elysium Eternal Elysium Eternal

Basically, what everybody above me said. I've been telling you this (or at least trying to through my terrible English skills). Let's take it slow, and let's have a slow build-up. Like what most of the people here said, we need something that sets us apart from all the other Empires out there.

Would you like a position of power? First come first serve! The first two members are now leaders of the Empire.

Really? Huh. I did not know that. Again, like Valiens above me said, not exactly a good idea. It has to be based on how much effort they are putting into the faction, and based on their merits. Not depending on who joins first.

I joined the faction because I saw the potential it had to be something good. It has the potential to become its own, unique, one-of-a-kind thing, and I really want to see it develop into what I see that it could become. I really want to see it become that special something. If you ever need help with anything, well, you know I'm always ready to help! :)

Elysium Eternal

Elysium Empire Narrative
Lief Lief Captain Jordan Captain Jordan Tristan Evore Tristan Evore Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

Some really helpful advice all around, and from some pretty well-known and experienced people...thank you all! I'll respond to you all in one response, so I don't repeat myself .

First off, I'll absolutely take it slow, and I'll absolutely stop handing out positions so much. The reasoning behind the positions was to incite people to join, and stay, but I agree it's not the greatest of ideas. Thanks for pointing that out.

Secondly, the uniqueness of the faction. I've tried to set this up, both in the faction description, the faction discussions, and in articles such as The Amendment vote on the Bryn'Adul threat that I wrote yesterday, so I'll just list out a few differences here:

*A Monarchy- The Elysium Empire is a monarchy. The Empire as we know it (Led by Papa Palps) was an extremely centralized government. The planets didn't have much autonomy. The Elysium Empire gives the King the final authority, but planets are allowed to have their own militia, their own judicial system, and even their own government, but they must answer to The Elysium Empire.

*The Senate, The Council, and The King- The Elysium Empire has a senate that will grow as it expands. There can currently be up to 300 senators. They vote to propose new laws, and they decide if an amendment is to be added. The King passes or vetos the law, but he can't decide if an amendment can be passed...the senate has that power. The council contains 21 members representing groups, such as Active Military Members, Farmers, etc. The Council directly advises the King. They can propose laws to him directly. Before a Senate vote, the Council members may speak to try and change the mind of senators.

*Force Users- The Elysium Empire is neutral toward Jedi, Sith, and other force users. They are allowed to live, but if they join a sect or cult like the Jedi Order, they are to be monitored, and an Elysium agent is to be present at any meetings of said group to ensure laws aren't broken.

*Order/Chaos- The Elysium Empire strives to balance order and freedom. Too much freedom ends in chaos. Too little freedom causes rebellion. Thus, the Elysium Empire doesn't have conscription laws, it doesn't have stormtroopers garrisoned on every planet, it doesn't have slavery, and aliens are to be equals...no discrimination. However, due to these loose rules, if the rules are broken, justice will be swift and harsh.

*The general theme of The Elysium Empire isn't the authoritarian, totalitarian, nazi-like theme of most Imperial factions, but it also isn't the freedom, hope, and "good guy" feel of the Alliance. It's a mixture, taking the good from both, and losing the bad traits.

Anyways, thanks again to all of you, I didn't expect many responses, and I certainly didn't expect Valiens , Tristan, and Jordan to have time between factory judging and in Tristian's case, being an admiral. I'll see you all around, Happy RPing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom